Official Neil Young Thread

1148149150151152154»

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    Not much of a fan of the sound and somgs of ragged glory. With some strong exceptions. give me broken arrow
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,803
    Listening to Neil loads over last couple of months. Going Home from Toast. What a fecking amazing song. 
    Kearnsy
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,453
    edited August 28
    Neil is hosting another NYA Zoom call right now. I asked him if there was any update on the Mirror Ball Live box set, but his answer on the date was pretty vague…

I also asked if there were any plans to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Mirror Ball next year… Neil said “Probably! Put that on the list Frank!”

He said he was calling it ‘Scenery’ now, as that is his favourite song from that era, and they also had some cool stuff from Israel (the 8th show of the tour). Presumably that will be in the Archives IV box. He loved playing with Pearl Jam, “what a great band,” calling out the rhythm section of Jeff and Jack first, then Mike, Stone and Ed.

Other news:

Archives Volume IV covers 1988 to 2002 - all “first time takes”

‘Alchemy’ will be in Archives Volume V

Live shows are being planned with Micah, and Corey and Anthony from POTR, playing a few East Coast shows after Farm Aid. Small outdoor venues or indoor theatres.

The last tour dates were cancelled because Neil “listened to his body” and couldn’t do it. He is feeling better, but “not all members of Crazy Horse are back yet”

Bridge School show videos on NYA - the next one is ready to go, just one thing that Neil needs to approve first.

Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    Paul McCartney singing RITFW. No tambourines. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/n7ne6FfFWXrPMPdx/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Paul McCartney singing RITFW. No tambourines. 

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/n7ne6FfFWXrPMPdx/
    That’s GE Smith (Hall & Oates, Dylan, SNL etc) and Andrew Watt on guitars, Ivan Funkboy Bodley on bass, Charlotte Lawrence singing and Chad Smith (RHCP) on the drums.

(Tim Rogers)
    2 Neil shows coming up at the end of the month

(Tim Rogers)
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    A few days before Ohana. That’s a bit annoying. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,572
    goldrush said:

Did you ever hear anything more about someone in Crazy Horse being ill?  I hope they are all doing OK!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Did you ever hear anything more about someone in Crazy Horse being ill?  I hope they are all doing OK!
    Neil mentioned on the Zoom call that there was a point on the tour when his body told him to stop. He couldn’t do it anymore and he had to listen to his body. He said something along the lines of “not all of the Horse are back yet, but they will be, God willing”. He didn’t say who else was affected, or what the illness was.

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:

Neil mentioned on the Zoom call that there was a point on the tour when his body told him to stop. He couldn’t do it anymore and he had to listen to his body. He said something along the lines of “not all of the Horse are back yet, but they will be, God willing”. He didn’t say who else was affected, or what the illness was.

Thanks.  I guess "no news is good news".  At least I hope so!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,644
    ComeToTX said:
    A few days before Ohana. That’s a bit annoying. 
    I got an email from TM about Neil Young tickets going on sale - my first thought was "what the hell". I am glad he is healthy and is playing shows - but "what the hell"

• We can all go eat a peach
    Some updates from Neil today:

(Tim Rogers)
  • That book sounds amazingly intresting!
    That book sounds amazingly intresting!
    Yeah, I’m looking forward to that (whenever it comes out…) The song anecdotes that were in the liner notes of Decade were pretty cool, it’ll be interesting to see what stories Neil includes in the book.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,023

goldrush said:
    Some updates from Neil today:

Neil Young writing a Sci-fi novel?  Fascinating!  Let me guess:  It will include silver spaceships flying into the yellow haze of the sun?  :smiley:

Daryl Hannah has announced her documentary of Neil’s Coastal tour is coming soon

(Tim Rogers)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,554
    ORS 6 will make people here happy.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,554
    Personally, I still need Unplugged, so I'll be happy too.

• I want an Unplugged with no songs cut
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,547
    I want an Unplugged with no songs cut

How about a box set with the scrapped Unplugged?