Official Neil Young Thread

1145146147148149151»

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,909
    Edved82 said:
    brianlux said:
    mikesbri said:
    Amazing show and great energy. Really impressed how he can still do it at that age. 

For sure!  And Billy and Ralph, even older.  Both are 80, 2 years Neil's senior!

I said it before but we're blessed to still have Neil, Billy and Ralph around and have them playing live shows. There's something really magical about seeing them on stage.

So true and well said, Edved!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 447
    Definitely, I really hope they carry on and make it over to Europe in the next year or so though.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,421
    edited May 23
    I'm hoping for Europe also next year. 

But turning 40 this year, I gave myself the birthday gift of watching Neil this fall in the US. If the tour doesn't experience any hickups and is getting cancelled. Always a worry since Pearl jam started cancelling shows.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,641
    Heat index of 110 expected for the show here Sunday. Fun!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

I've noticed in several recent photos of Neil he is wearing a lot of layers of clothing lately.  I wonder if the hot weather will appeal to him? 

Those temps at a show with a large crowd can be problematic.  Stay hydrated!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    Texas postponed again. These shows are cursed. 
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 443
    ComeToTX said:
    You can blame me, I’m the jinx.

Just pulled into the lot in Indy last year when PJ cancelled. And then about to call an Uber tonight when I saw the news. 

Big bummer. Hope they all get rescheduled. 
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    yikes
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    I'm hoping for Europe also next year. 

But turning 40 this year, I gave myself the birthday gift of watching Neil this fall in the US. If the tour doesn't experience any hickups and is getting cancelled. Always a worry since Pearl jam started cancelling shows.
    That’s an awesome gift to yourself! ❤️
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,219
    brianlux said:
    ComeToTX said:

I've noticed in several recent photos of Neil he is wearing a lot of layers of clothing lately.  I wonder if the hot weather will appeal to him? 

Hey Bri, we just had a long run of tops 70 degree high/ 60 ish at night with a lot of clouds and some sprinkles. Perfect for his multi layer flannel! (For the holiday weekend we finally getting 80 and sun!)

the upcoming heat has got to be tough for them. I’m younger and couldn’t travel to a show because of my knee. Looking at some of the recent  setlist, huge bummer. Not sure how many opportunities we will get to see Neil again, so everyone who can go, GO!
  • Options
    just decided to do ohana friday and saturday.  at least if he cancels there i'll get to see pj and turnpike.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    ComeToTX said:

Hey Bri, we just had a long run of tops 70 degree high/ 60 ish at night with a lot of clouds and some sprinkles. Perfect for his multi layer flannel! (For the holiday weekend we finally getting 80 and sun!)

the upcoming heat has got to be tough for them. I’m younger and couldn’t travel to a show because of my knee. Looking at some of the recent  setlist, huge bummer. Not sure how many opportunities we will get to see Neil again, so everyone who can go, GO!

Very sorry to hear about your Knee, L, especially as it prohibits travel.  I hope you get some relief soon.  Any plans for surgery or knee replacement?   
    Some kind of knee work is something I can see I may have to go through eventually, but not until I get old, lol.
    Also hoping you get some of that just right weather!

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,352
    edited June 7
    The next song from Early Daze has dropped.

'Look At All The Things' recorded October 9th, 1969

https://youtu.be/1m5xXjktdRY?si=7XjDAyp_blIpNjoT
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    The next song from Early Daze has dropped.

'Look At All The Things' recorded October 9th, 1969

https://youtu.be/1m5xXjktdRY?si=7XjDAyp_blIpNjoT

What a crying shame Danny Whitten couldn't get it together.  He had such a great, distinctive voice. 
    I like this version even more than the original release.  Might have to think twice about passing on this record!