Pet Peeves

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I hate drivers  that think by speeding close to the back of my car would make me go over the speed limit to accommodate  their  penis extension  of a car. I just slow right  down and love it.
    Teaching my daughter how to drive.  She has her temporary permit.  The other day, she went off on this same issue.  She told me that they can wait.  Made me laugh.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Being a passenger in a car and the driver going way too slow (like 15-20 under the speed limit slow).
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Being a passenger in a car and the driver going way too slow (like 15-20 under the speed limit slow).
    Oh for fuck's sake, yes!  Just one of the many reasons I won't drive with my mom anymore (she's also nearing 90; how the hell is this possible?).

And at lights, stopping three car lengths behind the one in front.  Argh!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    deadendp said:
    When cashiers hand money back and put the change on top of your bills. 
    Yeah, that really bugs me too. It simply doesn't really work, but they keep doing it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    UGH!!!! My mother does this ALL the time, and she does it in the fucking left hand lane no less. I have tried over and over to try and talk to her about how unbelievably inconsiderate this is, but she simply refuses to see it that way and is so weirdly stubborn about it, it makes me want to just freak out. :anguished:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Skulls on PJ posters and shirts... uggg let that trend be over. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    When I ask for black coffee and get asked right after if I want cream or sugar.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    Hi! said:
    That drives me insane. A coffee order can't get any easier. 
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    Parents making excuses for their kids for not performing well during a 13U baseball tournament. The bat doesn't make your kid suck. 
    Hi! said:
    I have the same problem when I ask for a bagel - not sliced or toasted.  Just straight up.  They look at me confused.  So, you don't want it sliced or toasted?  No.  Just as is.  
    And . . . you confuse the crap out of the Starbuck's people when you order a Chai TEA and not a latte.  "Not a latte?"  "Nope, just hot water and a tea bag."

Just to let you know, it takes longer to get plain hot water and a tea bag at Starbuck's than it does to get a fancy cup of coffee with a weird names like cloud of a small child with a wisp of the winter wind.  
  • Work giving a mobile phone upgrade with administrator settings which don't allow you to download games including new lemmings, grrr!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    deadendp said:
    And . . . you confuse the crap out of the Starbuck's people when you order a Chai TEA and not a latte.  "Not a latte?"  "Nope, just hot water and a tea bag."

Just to let you know, it takes longer to get plain hot water and a tea bag at Starbuck's than it does to get a fancy cup of coffee with a weird names like cloud of a small child with a wisp of the winter wind.  
    LMAO
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Pet Peeves:
    People who complain about the speed of drivers in the left "passing" lane(s).
    Especially when people claim it makes traffic more dangerous, that is asinine.
    Get over it.

And a big fat, morbidly obese BTW, the speed limit is the same in all lanes.  You aren't entitled to go faster because you are on someone's left.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    Pet Peeves:
    Get over it.

And a big fat, morbidly obese BTW, the speed limit is the same in all lanes.  You aren't entitled to go faster because you are on someone's left.
    Though not often enforced, you are required by law to pass on the left.  Passing on the right is illegal.  Drive right, pass left. It's not the "passing" lane, it's the passing lane. No quotations needed, that's just what it is.  And if you're moving slower than traffic on your right, you're impeding traffic.  Get the fuck back over so everyone can drive properly. The left lane isn't for camping out.
    edited November 2019
    rgambs said:
    Pet Peeves:
    Get over it.

Though not often enforced, you are required by law to pass on the left.  Passing on the right is illegal.  Drive right, pass left. It's not the "passing" lane, it's the passing lane. No quotations needed, that's just what it is.  And if you're moving slower than traffic on your right, you're impeding traffic.  Get the fuck back over so everyone can drive properly. The left lane isn't for camping out.
    I used quotes because there are often three or more lanes, making the middle lane a drive lane as well, much to the consternation of people who lack patience.
    If traffic on my right is going over the speed limit, they aren't driving properly. 
    The speed limit is not lane dependant, it is the limit for all lanes.
    The left lane is not for camping, but it's also not a special privilege lane for stupid fucks who can't leave their house promptly enough to arrive somewhere on time without traveling 85mph.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Pet Peeves:
    Get over it.

I used quotes because there are often three or more lanes, making the middle lane a drive lane as well, much to the consternation of people who lack patience.
    If traffic on my right is going over the speed limit, they aren't driving properly. 
    The left lane is not for camping, but it's also not a special privilege lane for stupid fucks who can't leave their house promptly enough to arrive somewhere on time without traveling 85mph.
    I know what you are saying. my dad is the same as you. if he's going the speed limit, he believes he has every right to drive in any lane he wishes. and he's right. the left lane is for those driving under the limit. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Pet Peeves:
    Get over it.

Ahh, I get what you're saying now.  I thought you were pro-camping out in the left.
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Pet Peeves:
    Get over it.

Ahh, I get what you're saying now.  I thought you were pro-camping out in the left.
    I'm not pro-camping, but I'm anti-anti-camping lol
    I hate the impatience of most drivers and I hate the attitude people have that they are entitled to speeding and that everyone should stay out of their way.  Get the fuck over yourself and get a grip on your time management.  You make the roads unsafe and you slow commutes more than granny-drivers with the accidents you cause.
    edited November 2019
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Pet Peeves:
    Get over it.

I hate the impatience of most drivers and I hate the attitude people have that they are entitled to speeding and that everyone should stay out of their way.  Get the fuck over yourself and get a grip on your time management.  You make the roads unsafe and you slow commutes more than granny-drivers with the accidents you cause.
    Yeah, I gotcha.  Though I'm anti-camping period, so I suppose I'm one of those people you hate, lol.  But I'm not mad at them because I want to go 100, I'm mad because they shouldn't be there and most times they're just bottle-necking traffic. But agree on the driving like an asshole.  There is some dickhead who passes me EVERY morning on my way to work.  Fucker has to be going 95-100!  I'm already doing 60 in a 55 (because 5 mph doesn't count), but this fucker blows by every morning in almost the exact same spot. The even worse part is, where he passes me, the speed limit just increases from 40 to 55, so he's doing doing this in a 40 zone, too.  Whipping in and out of both lanes at high speed, cutting off cars, passing on the shoulder if he runs out of two-lane, passing on double lines, etc.  And this is every day.  How he hasn't caused a wreck or been pulled over yet is beyond my comprehension.  Maybe I should whip out in front of him once when I see home coming.  I could use a free new car and all of his net worth from my severe whiplash case!
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Pet Peeves:
    Get over it.

Yeah, I gotcha.  Though I'm anti-camping period, so I suppose I'm one of those people you hate, lol.  But I'm not mad at them because I want to go 100, I'm mad because they shouldn't be there and most times they're just bottle-necking traffic. But agree on the driving like an asshole.  There is some dickhead who passes me EVERY morning on my way to work.  Fucker has to be going 95-100!  I'm already doing 60 in a 55 (because 5 mph doesn't count), but this fucker blows by every morning in almost the exact same spot. The even worse part is, where he passes me, the speed limit just increases from 40 to 55, so he's doing doing this in a 40 zone, too.  Whipping in and out of both lanes at high speed, cutting off cars, passing on the shoulder if he runs out of two-lane, passing on double lines, etc.  And this is every day.  How he hasn't caused a wreck or been pulled over yet is beyond my comprehension.  Maybe I should whip out in front of him once when I see home coming.  I could use a free new car and all of his net worth from my severe whiplash case!
    If he's really driving that dangerously, I would tip the police.  I'm not a snitch kind of guy, but fuck that douche.
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Pet Peeves:
    Get over it.

If he's really driving that dangerously, I would tip the police.  I'm not a snitch kind of guy, but fuck that douche.
    Same, and I'm considering it.  There are several turn offs left and right, and cross traffic in numerous spots.  All it's gonna take is a sudden move from someone and he's either gonna clip another vehicle or cause total chaos.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    In Ontario the left lane is for passing.  If you have two lanes, the left is for passing, if you have 3 lanes the far left is for passing and usually the only ones hogging the left lanes are Americans...

Semi’s are forbidden from the far left on the 400 series highways that have 3 lanes...When driving through Toronto the rules do not apply and it’s every person for themselves...

Not to many people doing the speed limit anymore...90-95 is the norm in an 80 and 110-125 is the norm in a 100.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    In Ontario the left lane is for passing.  If you have two lanes, the left is for passing, if you have 3 lanes the far left is for passing and usually the only ones hogging the left lanes are Americans...

Semi’s are forbidden from the far left on the 400 series highways that have 3 lanes...When driving through Toronto the rules do not apply and it’s every person for themselves...

Not to many people doing the speed limit anymore...90-95 is the norm in an 80 and 110-125 is the norm in a 100.
    Damn speeders, think they own the roads.
  • Stay the fuck out of the left lane @rgambs!!! B)
    Stay the fuck out of the left lane @rgambs!!! B)
    That's a big NERP good buddy.  I'll pass in the left lane at the speed limit if it takes me 4 miles to inch by, and everyone can just suck it! 
    😎
    Red lights. Not just a suggestion. Saw 3 people at the same intersection run the light. 
    edited November 2019
    While we're on the subtopic of driving pet peeves, one that I have around my hometown is stop signs & intersections.  People here do the exact opposite of what the intersection requests.  No sign or a Yield, people come to a complete stop.  Stop sign, they run thru them or do the ol' moving-stop.  WTF???  The worst is the dreaded "Stop except right turn" and EEEEEEEEVERYONE making a fucking right turn stops.
    Don't get me started on roundabouts.  People are just. fucking. dumb. when it comes to them.
    edited November 2019
    While we're on the subtopic of driving pet peeves, one that I have around my hometown is stop signs & intersections.  People here do the exact opposite of what the intersection requests.  No sign or a Yield, people come to a complete stop.  Stop sign, they run thru them or do the ol' moving-stop.  WTF???  The worst is the dreaded "Stop except right turn" and EEEEEEEEVERYONE making a fucking right turn stops.
    Don't get me started on roundabouts.  People are just. fucking. dumb. when it comes to them.
    I don't even ever drive and it still all makes me nuts.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121