Options

Pet Peeves

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    It has probably been posted already: people who misuse the word "literally."
     "I literally died. " 
    And, yet, Brenda, here you are, alive and breathing.
    Don't be a Brenda.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:
     "I literally died. " 
    Don't be a Brenda.
    I literally laughed at loud!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    people who don’t carry cash.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Wobbie said:
    I carry my quarter for my cart at Aldi! Does that count? :lol:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    edited November 2019
    SD48277 said:
     "I literally died. " 
    Don't be a Brenda.
    I literally laughed at loud!
    I don't respond with LOL unless I actually did in fact LOL'd. Is that weird?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Wobbie said:
    I don't carry cash. 
    I watch UFC. 

meet you at the bike racks at 3:15? 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    Wobbie said:
    I don't carry cash. 
    I watch UFC. 

meet you at the bike racks at 3:15? 

I’ll be there.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

I don't know what movie this is from but his face would be in pieces if he actually hit him with the brass knuckles.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:

I don't know what movie this is from but his face would be in pieces if he actually hit him with the brass knuckles.
    Why do I even correspond with you?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    When people revert to discussing, mentioning, or listing Pearl Jam in the Other Music section of this forum.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    People who think they have the driving skills like characters in movies. No, Brad, you are not Brian O'Conner from "The Fast and the Furious," or Jason Bourne, or Bullitt; you are more like Rain Man. Relax, and get back in the right lane.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    I hate the snooze button.
    Really, what’s the point? If you set your alarm for 6:00 and hit snooze 3 times before getting up, why not set your alarm for 6:30 instead?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Really, what’s the point? If you set your alarm for 6:00 and hit snooze 3 times before getting up, why not set your alarm for 6:30 instead?
    It helps me to move my nearly 16 year old child.  Yes, I am that mom who wakes her kid up.  If I didn't do it, she would sleep until noon.  She's not the morning pop-tart that I am. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited November 2019
    mace1229 said:
    It's a time-taking process for me to wake up, and the snooze button is one of the greatest inventions ever in my experience. I cannot hit the alarm and spring out of bed in one go.  Most mornings I don't even realize that I hit the snooze the first time, it's just a subconscious reaction. The second time the alarm goes off is usually when my awareness starts to kick in but I'm not awake so I'll snooze a 2nd time. Then when the alarm goes off the third time I get up & start getting ready for work. For me, setting the alarm a half hour later would just start that process a half hour later.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    It's a time-taking process for me to wake up, and the snooze button is one of the greatest inventions ever in my experience. I cannot hit the alarm and spring out of bed in one go.  Most mornings I don't even realize that I hit the snooze the first time, it's just a subconscious reaction. The second time the alarm goes off is usually when my awareness starts to kick in but I'm not awake so I'll snooze a 2nd time. Then when the alarm goes off the third time I get up & start getting ready for work. For me, setting the alarm a half hour later would just start that process a half hour later.
    I've heard people say that, but I never understood it. I hate getting out of bed so much that if I wake up early I just lay and dread having to get up that I just end up getting up early. I've always had room mates, and now my wife, who hits the snooze about 3 times and it drives me crazy. It makes me get up about 30 minutes before I need to. Hearing an alarm every 7-10 minutes doesn't allow me to relax and enjoy the last few minutes of sleep.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Why do I even correspond with you?
    I'm like a toothache, you know it's gonna hurt but you have to touch it anyways...
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

One of many lessons from Kramer 101:

Kramer: Alarm clocks? I never use 'em. Don't trust 'em.

Jerry: What do you do?

Kramer: I have a uh...mental alarm. I set my head for... quarter to seven and...

(makes sound with the lips - "pop!") ...I get up!

Jerry: Always works?

Kramer: It never fails. See, it's based on your body clock. See, your body has an internal mechanism. It knows what time it is.

• Options
    ^^ And they went on to oversleep and the marathon runner was late, yes? :lol: 
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    ^^ And they went on to oversleep and the marathon runner was late, yes? :lol: 
    Jean Paul Jean Paul
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    Pet peeve on these forums...people using the same stupid jokes over and over that were barely funny the first time. 

“Next Tuesday”
    ”it’s Stones fault”
    ”forthcoming”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,542

mace1229 said:
    Ditto. I NEED the snooze. Alarm goes off the first time, it's the "Oh fuck, noooooooooooooooooooooooo" stage of waking up. Snooze for real - I go half back to sleep. On the second round, I am able to face reality better, and really start pulling out of sleep mode. Snooze but not really - I am awake enough to start thinking about the shit I need to do that day. By the next time the alarm sounds, I'm more anxious about what I need to get up and do than I am tired, and that gets me out of bed. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    alarm goes off. 
    snooze. 
    alarm goes off. 
    snooze, possibly check twitter and instagram, if I don't get up, proceed to:
    alarm goes off
    get up
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Pet peeve on these forums...people using the same stupid jokes over and over that were barely funny the first time. 

“Next Tuesday”
    ”it’s Stones fault”
    ”forthcoming”
    I am guilty of having said, "Forthcoming."  My apologies. 

It is HFD's fault that I think of him now every time I leave time on the microwave.  It's like someone waving the no-no finger at me.  :lol: 
  • Options
    deadendp said:

“Next Tuesday”
    ”it’s Stones fault”
    ”forthcoming”
    I am guilty of having said, "Forthcoming."  My apologies. 

It is HFD's fault that I think of him now every time I leave time on the microwave.  It's like someone waving the no-no finger at me.  :lol: 
    :lol:sweet! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:
    Ditto. I NEED the snooze. Alarm goes off the first time, it's the "Oh fuck, noooooooooooooooooooooooo" stage of waking up. Snooze for real - I go half back to sleep. On the second round, I am able to face reality better, and really start pulling out of sleep mode. Snooze but not really - I am awake enough to start thinking about the shit I need to do that day. By the next time the alarm sounds, I'm more anxious about what I need to get up and do than I am tired, and that gets me out of bed. :lol:
    I'm the opposite, thats why I hate it. Alarm goes off, if I hit snooze all I can think about is how I only have 7 more minutes. I never get back to half sleep or anything.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    People who say "long story short" but then don't.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    People who dress inappropriately for the weather, it’s 38 degrees and you’re  wearing shorts you’re an idiot.  I am convinced these same people will only wear shorts when it’s over 75 and under 45 degrees.

people who don’t take their trash cans back from the curb after trash is picked up for a day or more