Pet Peeves

LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
edited November 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
This morning I was getting breakfast at the bagel store, and as I was leaving, I held the door open for a woman who was behind me. Not a "thank you" or even a nod. Nothing. This is one of my biggest pet peeves!! Really, how much effort does it take to say "thank you"?! Here are a couple of more pet peeves of mine:

-When someone keeps inching up at the light, next to you. Just keep inching and inching even though the light is red. STOP IT!

-When I'm talking to someone on the phone and they are eating/chewing obnoxiously in my ear.

What are your pet peeves? :mrgreen:
"Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
saldoubledutchgif_zps889c30d5.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I'm with you on the lack of courtesy...really, how hard is it to say "Thank You"?

My pet peeves are usually driving-related:

People who don't know how to merge.
    When people who don't use their indicators (I'm not a mind reader, people). :evil:

I know I have others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Jamminonthe1Jamminonthe1 Posts: 1,243
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    This morning I was getting breakfast at the bagel store, and as I was leaving, I held the door open for a woman who was behind me. Not a "thank you" or even a nod. Nothing. This is one of my biggest pet peeves!! Really, how much effort does it take to say "thank you"?! :

In those situations I say loud and nasty: "YOU'RE WELOME!" And half the time they just give me a dirty look. Unreal.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Don't even get me started. :fp: :lol:

You drive in the right lane and pass in the left.

Stand to the right on a escalator if youre going to ride and let people who are in a hurry pass on the left.

Don't piss on the toilet seat. If you do clean it up.

If you're at a fast food restaurant don't take a two inch stack of napkins. You don't need that many.

Don't tailgate.

Recycle when you can especially if there's a deposit. I've got a good friend that throws away his cans and bottles with deposits and it irks the shit out of me. If you don't have time or don't want to be bothered that's cool...just leave them next to a redemption center. Someone WILL appreciate the free money.

Stop stealing pens or pencils from my desk. There's an entire room three doors away from my office with as many as you need.

Don't leave your shopping cart in the middle of the aisle at the grocery store so I can't go left or right of it.

Stop leaving shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot. Consider it "excercise" to return them to the numerous pens they have set up for them.

If you catch a homerun ball from a visiting team and it's not worth a million bucks...throw the fucker back.

I've got more. :lol:
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,833
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    This morning I was getting breakfast at the bagel store, and as I was leaving, I held the door open for a woman who was behind me. Not a "thank you" or even a nod. Nothing. This is one of my biggest pet peeves!! Really, how much effort does it take to say "thank you"?! :

In those situations I say loud and nasty: "YOU'RE WELOME!" And half the time they just give me a dirty look. Unreal.

Ha, as soon as I read the thread title I thought of the woman at work who never says thank you when I hold the door open, I've taken to saying "you're welcome" in a really loud and sarcastic voice, but she's so pig ignorant that she just looks at me blankly. My next step will be to just let it go in her face.
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Yep the complete lack of courtesy drives me nuts.

Just this morning I held the door open for a woman I had just did an hours exercise class with,she swanned through it with not one single word,I said loudly,yes thank you,don't mind me.

When on the bus if there are unoccupied seats please use them,don't clog up the entry and exit of the bus by standing right in the aisle,especially if you have a huge bag,suitcase,rucksack.It's just stupid and ignorant.

To the young couple who stand at the same bus stop as me every morning and grope,suck the face of each other and make googoo eyes,please stay in bed and extra half hour for that shit! It's 6:15 am I don't want to be reintroduced to my breakfast that early.

Shoppers,please don't leave your shopping trolley in the middle of the isle while you walk up and down the lanes.Do you realise no one else can get past?

Bus travelers I don't want to overhear your conversations about celebrities,what you had for your tea last night,who your sleeping with and rating them,airing your dirty laundry of your sordid little lives.

Man I need to get a car,most of my peeves are public transport related :oops:

Not true I have a book of others :lol:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Walking into a room and saying hello...and getting no response...this one dude I work with only says hi when it suits him, at the end of the work day only say bye when he seems to want to...heck even pigs grunt...just really annoying...

People who vote and put absolute no effort into becoming informed voters...

Riding bikes on sidewalks...

Those who do not realize that when your getting on a highway it is your responsibility to merger with the flow of traffic...

Littering...especially cigarette buts...

and many more...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    DS1119 wrote:

Stand to the right on a escalator if youre going to ride and let people who are in a hurry pass on the left.

If you're at a fast food restaurant don't take a two inch stack of napkins. You don't need that many.

Don't tailgate.

Recycle when you can especially if there's a deposit. I've got a good friend that throws away his cans and bottles with deposits and it irks the shit out of me. If you don't have time or don't want to be bothered that's cool...just leave them next to a redemption center. Someone WILL appreciate the free money.

Stop stealing pens or pencils from my desk. There's an entire room three doors away from my office with as many as you need.

Don't leave your shopping cart in the middle of the aisle at the grocery store so I can't go left or right of it.

Stop leaving shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot. Consider it "excercise" to return them to the numerous pens they have set up for them.

If you catch a homerun ball from a visiting team and it's not worth a million bucks...throw the fucker back.

DS is so cranky. He needs someone like Serinda Swan in his life
    Heisenberg wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Don't tailgate.

Brooke-Nevin-550x365.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    DS1119 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

Brooke-Nevin-550x365.jpg

See...he cant even properly post an image :lol:
  • LiLiNY81LiLiNY81 Posts: 775
    DS1119 wrote:
    OMG this is a big one for me too! I can't stand when people do that.

Here's another one of mine: DO NOT park ridiculously close to my driver's side! Someone did it to me once (illegally parked next to me, mind you) and their car was literally 2 inches from my driver's side door. I was soooooo pissed. Absolutely no reason for them to park like that. So I took my key and went from the rear bumper aaaaalll the way up to the front bumper, leaving a nice little wavy design along the side of the car. Then climbed to my driver's seat from the passenger side and took off. I should have hid out just to see their reaction.
    "Now YOU listen. When we are on this ship, you are to refer to me as 'Idiot' not 'You Captain'!"
    stargirl69 wrote:
    Yep the complete lack of courtesy drives me nuts.

To the young couple who stand at the same bus stop as me every morning and grope,suck the face of each other and make googoo eyes,please stay in bed and extra half hour for that shit! It's 6:15 am I don't want to be reintroduced to my breakfast that early.

This reminded me of one involving couples. DO NOT SIT ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE BOOTH with each other in a restaurant. OMG that drives me insane! Listen, I can appreciate love but really come on. :nono:
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Noisy eaters. I can hear the psychiatrist at my work slurping and smacking and chomping in the office next door. SHUT UP!!! :twisted: And please don't talk to me until you've swallowed that shit. :sick:

People who think it's ok to touch me without an invitation to do so. Keep your paws to yourself :wave:

People who are too chipper in the morning. It's the morning. I'm tired. Now leave me the fuck alone.

People who think they can do my job because they've had "life experience." I've got enough life experience to write a novel on top of the education and training. I've just made some different life decisions. Don't make snap judgments about people, k?

People who drive slow in the left lane. MOVE OVER!!! It's called the passing lane for a reason.

People who endlessly contradict themselves. Remember what you say, practice what you preach and follow through on your promises...or stop talking :)

I'm so looking forward to going back to work tomorrow :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    A big one for me also is the grated cheese at a pizzeria. If each table doesn't have their own container don't take the common one at the counter and leave it on your table forcing me to play marco polo for it.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    Thieves...
    People who take advantage of others...
    People who only care about themselves......
    People who are just plain full of shit.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    DS1119 wrote:

Don't tailgate.

this post is way too long to read. sheesh
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    People who chew gum. I just can't stand it.

People who will pull out their phone when it beeps while I'm in the middle of talking to them face to face. Then you can just see the point where they've stopped listening to what I'm saying. Because apparently my fucking conversation isn't as good as the text message you just got. I'm a big phone nerd but it's called common damn curtesy.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    people who ignore you when you speak to them, with no recognition at all

people who cuss up a storm in front of little kids

not letting someone in the merge lane when traffic is backed up to kingdom come, come on, i'd let you in

mean people who are miserable and dislike everything, never have a positive word to say and find a zillion reasons to hate everything

people who beep the horn over and over again at 5 a.m. at the curb

people who leave dishes in the sink, clothes on the floor, towels and undies in the bathroom, food on the table, don't clean up after their pets, pile the ashtray (on the porch) to over the top and just leave it, put food in the fridge uncovered, and then gripe and complain that they've worked so hard all day they can't possibly be expected to lift another finger (you know who you are..or maybe you don't?)

snoopy people who get into your stuff

that drunk guy who yells "i love you eddie" throughout the ENTIRE show

the person who backs out of plans at the last minute

people who can't bother to learn proper english (or choose not to use it)

people who think they know everything and will never stop one-upping everyone else

obvious liars and truth stretchers

girls who think they look great with short shirts, mini shorts, super low rise jeans with muffin top and clothing 3 times too small for their plus sized bodies (i can say that cuz i am too)

people who yell at and or smack their kids in public

people who drive right up on your butt and then honk the horn at you when you have to put on your brakes

mean people

wow i didn't know that i disliked so many things ...hmmmm

maybe i'm one of those negative people who dislikes everything...at least right now ;)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • When people have a word they use constantly. After I here it for a while I start to count how many times they say it. One person I know uses the word significant wayyyy to many times. Another the word basically. Another utilize.

People who try to have an intelligent conversation first thing in the morning. Please I am begging you, just say "hi" I promise I will talk to you as much as you want after it gets past 10 am.

PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPS LOCK

When people use air quotations around a word

People who text in the middle of a converstion

People who will talk about themselves for hours and never once ask how your day was.

People who brag about how they don't own a tv or they had their cable turned off. (Just because you don't watch TV doesn't make you that much smarter than me)

When people put on chap stick for a good minute straight

he he I love this thread...great for venting! :D
    People who say they don't like The Price Is Right. Come on? You know you do. Everyone does. :lol:
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    my dad is obsessed with the thermostat (to make sure the AC isn't on). Stares at it for like 3 minutes, no exaggeration. Love him, but this drives me insane.

another one: people who ask other people something about YOU, instead of going to the source and asking YOU.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    people who wait in line for 5 minutes yet don't have their money ready when they finally get to front of line

people, mostly women, who insist on taking and extra minute to put their change away at the counter as the rest of the line waits behind them

people who constantly have to one-up a story you just told by telling their own (and usually their story is embellished bullshit)

people who park/idle in handicapped spaces and/or fire lanes becuase their are too lazy to walk 30 extra feet
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    pjhawks wrote:
    people who wait in line for 5 minutes yet don't have their money ready when they finally get to front of line

people, mostly women, who insist on taking and extra minute to put their change away at the counter as the rest of the line waits behind them

people who constantly have to one-up a story you just told by telling their own (and usually their story is embellished bullshit)

people who park/idle in handicapped spaces and/or fire lanes because their are too lazy to walk 30 extra feet

i think i do that :oops: (but i don't mean to be showing anyone up) and i only tell true ones :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    When the hell did 'versus' become a verb?
    I constantly hear kids saying stuff such as,
    "The Jets are versing the Flames tonight,"
    or
    "I versed him in badminton in gym class today."

Also,
    overuse of the word 'like,'
    particularly in place of the word 'said.'

Furthermore,
    the word 'random' as a state of mind, as in:
    'I feel so random today.'

It's as though I can feel the world losing intelligence!

Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    After a weekend in Vegas...two come to mind:

Guys who think it's acceptable to wear a shirt without sleeves.
    Guys that say "bro".
    I'm not sure who is more irritating. People who ask for directions at toll booths or the toll booth workers who give out directions.

With the internet, Navigation systems, smart phones, maps, gas stations, etc so readliy available why hold up a line of people wasting their time and gas because of your inablity to be prepared.
    :lol: Now I'm just picturing someone going around and around their lips with the chapstick
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    LiLiNY81 wrote:
    :lol: Now I'm just picturing someone going around and around their lips with the chapstick
    This IS a weird one.
    Never have I ever seen anyone take THAT long
    with lipsmack.
    + teenagers have the market cornered on
    all things balm related.
    15 bucks (ahem, CDN)
    for a 6-pack of Lip Smackers?!
    I think Red Bull is cheaper, for crying out loud!
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    good points. I have a similar feeling with the word 'epic'. Another personal pet peeve.
    AND...people who can't spell. For example, just got a text saying bath TOBE, supposed to be meaning TUB. wth.
    Dru_Cortez wrote:
    When the hell did 'versus' become a verb?
    I constantly hear kids saying stuff such as,
    "The Jets are versing the Flames tonight,"
    or
    "I versed him in badminton in gym class today."

Also,
    overuse of the word 'like,'
    particularly in place of the word 'said.'

Furthermore,
    the word 'random' as a state of mind, as in:
    'I feel so random today.'

It's as though I can feel the world losing intelligence!

Cheers.
  • LiLiNY81 wrote:

That is exactly what happens!!! I know a couple people that do that. One is a guy even. He will talk to while he is putting on chap stick. It's like a routine thing. Go over top lip back and forth, then bottom, the around, then pat it down, then top, then bottom, then around, then mush lips together, then top, then bottom, then around, then pat. He is the most extreen one, but many other people do this I have seen. Your lips dont need to be that perfect!!!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    People who drive slow in the left lane. MOVE OVER!!! It's called the passing lane for a reason.

This. Drives me fucking crazy. These idiots completely mess up the flow of traffic.