What Should I Do With It? One Last Update...pg 10

Comments

• PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    If it was shipped FedEx overnight then there is a tracking number. Pull up the tracking number to see if it shows delivered to YOUR address. If so, he's going to know...today. If that's the case, you've already got several great suggestions. If not, because there's no signature required, won't FedEx or the jewelry company be holding the bag for effing up the delivery? Your ex is obviously a douchebag, but he's going to do his homework on where a $2300 piece of jewelry landed.
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    "What Package"?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    If it was shipped FedEx overnight then there is a tracking number. Pull up the tracking number to see if it shows delivered to YOUR address. If so, he's going to know...today. If that's the case, you've already got several great suggestions. If not, because there's no signature required, won't FedEx or the jewelry company be holding the bag for effing up the delivery? Your ex is obviously a douchebag, but he's going to do his homework on where a $2300 piece of jewelry landed.

that's my point...WHY is there 'no signature required' on something of value? Something that expensive should have a signature required, otherwise FedEx is gonna be covering the cost of the item. (yes I know because FedEx has lost a lot of my packages-not as many as UPS though)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PNuttyJam wrote:

that's my point...WHY is there 'no signature required' on something of value? Something that expensive should have a signature required, otherwise FedEx is gonna be covering the cost of the item. (yes I know because FedEx has lost a lot of my packages-not as many as UPS though)

Um, I just put in the tracking number on fedex.com and it says the package was delivered and left on the porch in SAVOY, IL

That's where he lives.

My address is Champaign, IL

:shock:
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Carey wrote:

Um, I just put in the tracking number on fedex.com and it says the package was delivered and left on the porch in SAVOY, IL

That's where he lives.

"my, your little one looks lovely in that new diamond necklace!"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Carey wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PNuttyJam wrote:

That's where he lives.
    WOOT WOOT! Free stuff for Carey!!!!
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Oohhh...this is getting GOOD!
    :corn:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 691
    Carey wrote:

That's where he lives.
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    WOOT WOOT! Free stuff for Carey!!!!

I would have to agree!! The address was deliberately changed to be sent to YOU. It's yours!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Lizard wrote:
    Oohhh...this is getting GOOD!
    :corn:

I know - ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    give the necklace to whomever it belongs unless you and your kids are starving, then by all means, trade it for grub
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • drmrkelleydrmrkelley Posts: 141
    If he's being a deadbeat father I say sell the necklace and put it in your kids' college fund.
    62698 E Troy, 81800 Indy, 42303 Champagne, 42503 Cleveland, 10204 Toledo, 10304 Grand Rapids, 91105 Kitchener, 51606 Chicago, 51706 Chicago, 62606 St. Paul, 8507 Chicago, 82109 Toronto, 82309 Chicago, 82409 Chicago, 5910 Cleveland, 9311 E Troy, 9411 E Troy, 91111 Toronto, 92112 Pensacola, 71913 Chicago, 101113 Pittsburgh, 101213 Buffalo UPCOMING: Cincy, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, St Paul, Milwaukee
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I would love for you to keep the necklace - ( you deserve it )

but, in the end if you get caught - all hell will let loose....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Here's what I think happened:

She kicked him out. Or she's really, really pissed at him about something.

She wrote your address on the label.

Either way, it can't be traced to you.

:twisted:

EDIT: Wait a second. SOMEONE wrote your address. So you and at least one other person know it got to you.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I was thinking that too, did the other woman put your address on it?

and you're obviously not a criminal, so I wouldn't do anything that would even jeopardize your character, but it sure has been fun here having people help you think of the possibilites :D
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    You can mail it to me for safekeeping.

*blinks innocently*
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I was thinking that too, did the other woman put your address on it?

and you're obviously not a criminal, so I wouldn't do anything that would even jeopardize your character, but it sure has been fun here having people help you think of the possibilites :D
    yeah..that the fun part here..
    Carey will do the right thing in the end,she knows to handle situation and she is so smart,
    so will play it with the best way..and the same time will keep the level of how Great Woman and Lady see is ..
    no doubt about that..its so difficult to find character up the level of her quality...
    trust me on this...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    drmrkelley wrote:
    If he's being a deadbeat father I say sell the necklace and put it in your kids' college fund.

he's not a deadbeat in the sense that he doesn't pay child support...but, he did leave my daughter's bed and my nice dining room table/chairs out in his front yard in the rain last month the day I was supposed to come pick them up :nono:
    Here's what I think happened:

She kicked him out. Or she's really, really pissed at him about something.

She wrote your address on the label.

Either way, it can't be traced to you.

:twisted:

EDIT: Wait a second. SOMEONE wrote your address. So you and at least one other person know it got to you.

maybe the fedex guy has the hots for me....
    except you couldn't tell from the outside of the package what was in it
    the address is generic and says it's from "Compliance Officer Shipping Dept"
    So, a half an hour or so ago I sent a text to my ex that said, "are you trying to rekindle our love?" (which is a total joke because we are in the nasty lawyers stage) and he didn't reply. Moments ago, a FedEx truck arrived to "retrieve a package". I immediately sent another text that said, "all I can say, is it is simply dazzling..."

The fun is over, but it made the day a little bit more interesting. He is probably mortified that I know about the purchase, and that is good enough for me.
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Carey wrote:
    So, a half an hour or so ago I sent a text to my ex that said, "are you trying to rekindle our love?" (which is a total joke because we are in the nasty lawyers stage) and he didn't reply. Moments ago, a FedEx truck arrived to "retrieve a package". I immediately sent another text that said, "all I can say, is it is simply dazzling..."

The fun is over, but it made the day a little bit more interesting. He is probably mortified that I know about the purchase, and that is good enough for me.

How can they just "retrieve a package??" AKA, they effed up, and are now trying to cover their asses? I think they almost deserve to be told you didn't receive it.

At least he will be justly humiliated by it, and I think you played it really well. You acted in an adult, classy manner, and it is doubtful that his new squeeze will be able to match up to that. Sorry your daughter didn't get to try on her new diamond. I have to say, it has been fun though. :(
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Carey wrote:

i was just thinking earlier..How much difference does it make the whole ?and what will happen with the necklace..
    he dont have you on his side..he will be a an eternal loser cos of that.....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Carey wrote:

How can they just "retrieve a package??" AKA, they effed up, and are now trying to cover their asses? I think they almost deserve to be told you didn't receive it.

At least he will be justly humiliated by it, and I think you played it really well. You acted in an adult, classy manner, and it is doubtful that his new squeeze will be able to match up to that. Sorry your daughter didn't get to try on her new diamond. I have to say, it has been fun though. :(

thank you :)

I did take her picture in it, my picture in it, and a picture of my friend's eight week old daughter in it just to be funny....so we did have a nice little photo-shoot. I am sure the 25 year old would love to see the pics of all of us in her new jewels :D

thanks to everyone for your humorous ideas and support....
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Carey wrote:

I did take her picture in it, my picture in it, and a picture of my friend's eight week old daughter in it just to be funny....so we did have a nice little photo-shoot. I am sure the 25 year old would love to see the pics of all of us in her new jewels :D

hahaha good for you! At least you got to have a little fun with it while it lasted. Also kind of nice to know that her neck won't be the first to get to wear it ;)
    Carey wrote:

hahaha good for you! At least you got to have a little fun with it while it lasted. Also kind of nice to know that her neck won't be the first to get to wear it ;)

Right!

But I should have grazed it through a dirty diaper before I boxed it back up... :P
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    good for you!

i'm glad to hear that you had a little fun with it

and made him squirm a little in the meantime

and you and your daughter and a dear little 8 month old will have photos to treasure forever :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    Carey wrote:
    But I should have grazed it through a dirty diaper before I boxed it back up... :P
    :lol:

Thanks for the entertaining thread!
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    Carey wrote:
    :lol:

Thanks for the entertaining thread!

Thanks for making me crave a peanut butter and jelly sandwich all day ;)
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    this whole thing was so much fun :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    this whole thing was so much fun :)

I agree. I've had a shit-ton of bad days over the past year because of this D-bag (not as many recently tho) and it was fun to feel like I had the upper hand in something, and all you lovely people supporting me to boot. Thanks Jo :)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    This was a fun thread to read although I hate reading about people who are jerks like your ex. And I think you did the right thing taking the high road. Because you're classy. And he's not.

And it's brilliant that you took pictures.