Options

What Should I Do With It? One Last Update...pg 10

CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
You all seem to be a creative, clever (and sometimes ruthless) bunch...

I just had a $2300 diamond necklace delivered to my house that was supposed to go to my soon-to-be ex-husband's house. I can assure you that the final recipient is intended to be his new live-in girlfriend. I would never 'steal' the necklace, but, I would like to have a little fun with the situation.

As a side note - I left him last spring after years of his infidelity... and the new live-in (age 25) moved in with him shortly after my kids and I left (he's 45). He barely spends time with our children (only at my urging) and complains to me that he has no money because I am taking it all.

What to do, what to do......
"Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    Do nothing. Just let it sit in a safe spot in your house and casually forget it ever delivered to your house. If he asks about it, then it's "oh yeah, I forgot that a box got delivered the other day." If it goes a few weeks or months with no mention then you just got some new jewelry (or cash from selling it).
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    didnt know,you post this here..i pm you about..lol
    just sell it,buy me a airticket and we will have fun in the name of the asshole...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sounds like you (and your children) have been screwed over and I can't blame you for wanting to play with this situation a bit.

Still, I say be the bigger person and take the high road.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    PNuttyJam wrote:
    Do nothing. Just let it sit in a safe spot in your house and casually forget it ever delivered to your house. If he asks about it, then it's "oh yeah, I forgot that a box got delivered the other day." If it goes a few weeks or months with no mention then you just got some new jewelry (or cash from selling it).

This is what I recommend. I would assume an expensive package could be traced so eventually he's going to find out it went to your house.
  • Options
    I plan to take the high road in the end, but I am thinking.....

should I be wearing it on Friday when he comes by to drop off the child support check?

Or, the live-in works in the same hospital with him, should I drop it by the OR directly for her, hand delivered by yours truly? He likes to have lots of girls going at the same time, it would be funny if this little goodie is meant for another girl :lol:
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I'd do a High Fidelity scenario,sell something else and give the necklace as a free gift :lol:

or sell it and give the money to a Blood Diamonds Charity
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    hedonist wrote:
    Sounds like you (and your children) have been screwed over and I can't blame you for wanting to play with this situation a bit.

Still, I say be the bigger person and take the high road.

have to agree here
  • Options
    Carey wrote:

should I be wearing it on Friday when he comes by to drop off the child support check?

Or, the live-in works in the same hospital with him, should I drop it by the OR directly for her, hand delivered by yours truly? He likes to have lots of girls going at the same time, it would be funny if this little goodie is meant for another girl :lol:
    pm sent.....i really cant post this idea here.. :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Carey wrote:

Girl you don't need no help working out what to do :lol::clap:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    well, whatever you decide, please let us know. with pictures, if possible
  • Options
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    well, whatever you decide, please let us know. with pictures, if possible

For sure! And if I wasn't taking the high road, I would sell it and buy 20 tickets to the next PJ tour and give them to the 20 best answers here ;)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    damn.....sounds like an asshole. Glad you are rid of him---sorry about your kids, tho.

on topic : Let him sweat!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    DS1119 wrote:
    PNuttyJam wrote:

This is what I recommend. I would assume an expensive package could be traced so eventually he's going to find out it went to your house.

Not if she claims it never got there and said box was misdelivered to some other house with that said other person having no shame in keeping said mis-delivered box. And providing there was no signature. She could technically claim this story and who would ever know?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Carey wrote:

When he shows up, start gushing and give him a big hug and tell him how much you love the necklace. Tell him it's a start on the road to forgiveness, but that he still has a long way to go.

He will be confused and caught off-guard ... probably babel out a "you're welcome" and wonder back to his car with a dazed look on his face.
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    damn.....sounds like an asshole. Glad you are rid of him---sorry about your kids, tho.

on topic : Let him sweat!

EXACTLY what my mom said, let him sweat it out, say nothing, see how long it takes him to realize the mistake, and let him do the legwork to track it down....

and then he can do this all day: :fp:
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Carey wrote:

When he shows up, start gushing and give him a big hug and tell him how much you love the necklace. Tell him it's a start on the road to forgiveness, but that he still has a long way to go.

He will be confused and caught off-guard ... probably babel out a "you're welcome" and wonder back to his car with a dazed look on his face.

:lol::lol::lol: This paints a funny picture, I thought about texting him to ask if he was trying to rekindle the relationship. But then the fun would be over and I am not ready for that yet :mrgreen:
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    I would run right down to the mall and into one of those Claire's or whatever boutiques that sells jewelry aimed at preteen girls.

I'd buy a $20 rhinestone necklace and put it into the box.

Seal the box.

And then hand it to him.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i like jason's idea...frankly, it was delivered to you so finder keepers, loser ex husband's can go get fucked
  • Options
    I would run right down to the mall and into one of those Claire's or whatever boutiques that sells jewelry aimed at preteen girls.

Seal the box.

And then hand it to him.

or this
  • Options

Seal the box.

And then hand it to him.

This is genius.....
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    norm wrote:

Seal the box.

And then hand it to him.

or this

This sounds like so much fun. And to him...he may never know the difference. Ex-husbands aren't all that clever after all
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Jason P wrote:

that's gonna take some pretty good acting on Carey's part I would imagine!!!
    but I am sure she can do it!! :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    seriously..
    there was no earings to make a set??

some men need to pay 5 divorses setlements before they learn to do the right thing....
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    PNuttyJam wrote:

Not if she claims it never got there and said box was misdelivered to some other house with that said other person having no shame in keeping said mis-delivered box. And providing there was no signature. She could technically claim this story and who would ever know?

No siggy required, I didn't even answer the door. It was just sitting there on the stoop.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    hide it, then if he asks, tell him something was delivered and you threw it out
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Lizard wrote:
    that's gonna take some pretty good acting on Carey's part I would imagine!!!
    but I am sure she can do it!! :)
    Two days left to practice! :)
  • Options
    Carey wrote:

No siggy required, I didn't even answer the door. It was just sitting there on the stoop.
    and there is my airticket to chicago...
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    Yeah he sure sounds like an asshole, cries poor to you and the kids, and then showers the newbie with $2300 diamond necklaces.

I think I change my answer, definitely make him sweat it out a bit
  • Options
    Carey wrote:

pawn it...fuck him...take the cash and go to deluna
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    hahhaaa i would march right over to his house when his new girlfriend is home, stand at the front door, ask for her...and say

i'm sorry, i think this is yours

and ruin the entire thing for him
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~