Comments

• Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    fanch75 wrote:
    ok.

http://bubba.smugmug.com/photos/69639697-M.jpg

i officially have a Pearl Jam hard-on.

Lasers.

At a Pearl Jam show.

Please tell me that this was from a YIELD or YIELD II song. Please.

I can't remember which songs exactly, but they used Lasers for a couple songs off the new album.

By the way, I have decided to now call Pearl Jam - The Blue Album. It seems better then calling it Pearl Jam, 8 or Avacado.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    I cant remember what song that was from either but I know in Hartford they used them for Inside Job. Im thinking that song in the pic might have been Army Reserve...but I could be wrong.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Bubba wrote:
    I cant remember what song that was from either but I know in Hartford they used them for Inside Job. Im thinking that song in the pic might have been Army Reserve...but I could be wrong.

ok.

i'm pissed.

Pearl Jam used LASERS (come on!) and none of you white crackers have mentioned this to me (I've spoken to many of you on the phone) nor do you know what song(s) had this. Please. Have Pearl Jam ever used lasers before? No. This is groundbreaking stuff, yet you ignore.

I am saddened.

I need to sleep. :) ttyl later and see you next week.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • JenInTheBxJenInTheBx Posts: 293
    fanch75 wrote:
    ok.

i'm pissed.

Pearl Jam used LASERS (come on!) and none of you white crackers have mentioned this to me (I've spoken to many of you on the phone) nor do you know what song(s) had this. Please. Have Pearl Jam ever used lasers before? No. This is groundbreaking stuff, yet you ignore.

I am saddened.

Severed Hand and Inside Job they were definitely used during. I think they had them during Go as well, but I could be wrong on that.
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    Solat13 wrote:
    I can't remember which songs exactly, but they used Lasers for a couple songs off the new album.

By the way, I have decided to now call Pearl Jam - The Blue Album. It seems better then calling it Pearl Jam, 8 or Avacado.

boo. 8 is what it shall be called!
    take your money and your drugs.
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 598
    Nobody knew what the fuck happened, but nobody had any posters almost everywhere I looked. Thanks a fucking lot to the people I saw later with 4, 5, 6, 7....posters in their bags.

I bought 5. I kept one for myself. I bought one to my nephew and one for my cousin and in exchange for them hanging outside. I passed all of the posters through the gate and they ran them back to the car. The poster buying has become a science. I bought one for a friend on the west coast, and I bought one for someone who was going to arrive late to the venue. I met that guy there and gave him his poster. He was very nice. I was able to take care of everybody I had made promises to so I was happy. I saw three stands selling posters and they were still on sale at Hartford an hour and a half after the gates opened. Flippers suck. I bought multiple copies because I had to and took care of nice people. I hope I'm as lucky at each show I go to.

fanch75 wrote:
    ok.

i'm pissed.

I am saddened.

FANCH Inside Job was a laserfest. It was awesome!!!! The intro to that song is so beautiful and it translates live really well. The lasers were green with smoke and they projected images on the roof of the venue. There is like a giant half circle of lighting equipment behind the guys that becomes active during certain songs and they had these three huge boxes that dropped down behind them that did stuff too. When I first saw the boxes I thought, "holy shit, what the Hell is going to happen with these things?" They didn't do too much...more of a strobe/flashing effect, but it was all very cool indeed. The lasers came out during "Go," but not like the Inside Job deal. Inside Job is THE song of the tour. I love their catalog and would be happy as hell to see Satans Bed, Rats, etc, but I choose Inside Job over everything else on this tour. It is that good. Be excited. There are only 13 more days until Camden :)

"We're going to shift from first to third real fast now so hold on."
    Sleight of Hand into Comatose...
    It was great.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    grace6697 wrote:
    boo. 8 is what it shall be called!

I have been calling it Blue too, Joe is right.
    [size=+1]YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE![/size]
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    fanch75 wrote:
    Well, Bon Jovi are kinda the homeboyz up there.

Cinderella is from Philly too, as is Poison. They are a tribute to how cool Philly is. As is WAWA (the YIELD of late-night eats).
    um poison is from harrisburg
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    funny how joe failed to mention that he puked when i talked to him yesterday..hmmm

as for the girl in the bar, julian was making random comments to people all night, what he said to that girl doesnt surprise me. like the guy selling the programs who flipped him off, the people on the street who julian told were losers...yea...all had that same look on their face LOL!

i am so excited for the gorge! i know philly is first but cmon!

oh and i have an extra for night 2 jersey still, if i cant find someone to sit with i might not go :(
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    thatgirl wrote:
    funny how joe failed to mention that he puked when i talked to him yesterday..hmmm

as for the girl in the bar, julian was making random comments to people all night, what he said to that girl doesnt surprise me. like the guy selling the programs who flipped him off, the people on the street who julian told were losers...yea...all had that same look on their face LOL!

i am so excited for the gorge! i know philly is first but cmon!

oh and i have an extra for night 2 jersey still, if i cant find someone to sit with i might not go :(

Ok, that's unacceptable...and weak! Youre going...zip it!

That was hilarious when those two kids from the prom or wherever they were from came out of the elevator....the one in his pristine white tux with the Clark Griswold white shoes and Julian falling over laughing in front of the security guard at the Hilton.
    Bubba wrote:
    Ok, that's unacceptable...and weak! Youre going...zip it!

That was hilarious when those two kids from the prom or wherever they were from came out of the elevator....the one in his pristine white tux with the Clark Griswold white shoes and Julian falling over laughing in front of the security guard at the Hilton.
    kid-"do you guys have any cigarettes?"

julian-"do you guys have any pot"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    thatgirl wrote:

That's crazy talk woman!
    Not going is not an option if you've got tickets.
    There are nice people who need a seat and there are still three weeks before the show. Don't panic and don't place a freak next to you either. Just sit tight and it will get worked out over Memorial Day weekend. You're in great shape.
    Don't worry about things like that.
  • colorsblendcolorsblend Posts: 173
    fanch75 wrote:
    ok.

http://bubba.smugmug.com/photos/69639697-M.jpg

i officially have a Pearl Jam hard-on.

Lasers.

At a Pearl Jam show.

Please tell me that this was from a YIELD or YIELD II song. Please.

For Albany, it was Severed Hand.

For Hartford, It was Go and Severed.
    That's crazy talk woman!
    Not going is not an option if you've got tickets.
    There are nice people who need a seat and there are still three weeks before the show. Don't panic and don't place a freak next to you either. Just sit tight and it will get worked out over Memorial Day weekend. You're in great shape.
    Don't worry about things like that.
    youre right, im just a spaz

and my dearest sean...they have hartford posters up on ebay as we speak ;)
    the lasers during GO were awesome. i think having the lasers really enhanced my vertical. i probably jumped at least 7 feet into the air.

whenever i think of lasers i think of austin powers.
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Well it was a great weekend and great seeing everyone again. I give the show a 7, alittle short but still good with a nice surprise thrown in. Fanch I think this tour should be called the laser tour. I think they used the lasers for almost every song. Ed even mentioned to the crowd that if they had something to smoke other than a cig they should do it at one point because of all the upcoming lasers.

As for Hartford, who knew it took a fucking Army recon mission to find food after 1AM. I mean wtf, 4 stops, 5 people questioned and we end up at Aladdin pizza. Food was great and the scenery was hilarious, wonder if that chick ever got anything or just passed out at the counter. :)

Less than 2 weeks and the fun begins, as fanch said hopefully we can hang out more in Philly. Although I think we got to hang out and talk abit. I'm happy I wasn't the first one to jet after the show but I needed some food.

Ohh and my first impression of Hartford, me walking out of the Hilton and running right into jimmy... who surprisingly was subdued and quiet.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    Bubba those are nice pictures. What is your 10c number? I only went to Hartford and I was in section 300 row F. My number is 102XXX. I thought my seats were great. It looks like your seats were great too.
    I have been calling it Blue too, Joe is right.
    [size=+1]YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE![/size]

ughh. blue is SO weezer.

CRINGE!
    Bubba those are nice pictures. What is your 10c number? I only went to Hartford and I was in section 300 row F. My number is 102XXX. I thought my seats were great. It looks like your seats were great too.

I'm #141xxx, we were actually trying to trade tickets in Hartford. We were Section 100 like 10th row, in the middle of the row. not bad seats but we were asking people in the 200 section towards the back if they wanted to switch, but no one bit. I dont think I would have either though if I was them. I mean really, there had to be a reason why we were trying to trade up. Im just pissed I forgot my camera for Hartford. The light show was much brighter than in Albany, or atleast they had the spotlights on Ed the whole show.
    Bubba wrote:
    I'm #141xxx, we were actually trying to trade tickets in Hartford. We were Section 100 like 10th row, in the middle of the row. not bad seats but we were asking people in the 200 section towards the back if they wanted to switch, but no one bit. I dont think I would have either though if I was them. I mean really, there had to be a reason why we were trying to trade up. Im just pissed I forgot my camera for Hartford. The light show was much brighter than in Albany, or atleast they had the spotlights on Ed the whole show.
    we would have traded with you guys! ;)
    chromiam wrote:
    Well it was a great weekend and great seeing everyone again. I give the show a 7, alittle short but still good with a nice surprise thrown in. Fanch I think this tour should be called the laser tour. I think they used the lasers for almost every song. Ed even mentioned to the crowd that if they had something to smoke other than a cig they should do it at one point because of all the upcoming lasers.

As for Hartford, who knew it took a fucking Army recon mission to find food after 1AM. I mean wtf, 4 stops, 5 people questioned and we end up at Aladdin pizza. Food was great and the scenery was hilarious, wonder if that chick ever got anything or just passed out at the counter. :)

Less than 2 weeks and the fun begins, as fanch said hopefully we can hang out more in Philly. Although I think we got to hang out and talk abit. I'm happy I wasn't the first one to jet after the show but I needed some food.

Ohh and my first impression of Hartford, me walking out of the Hilton and running right into jimmy... who surprisingly was subdued and quiet.

My impression of Hartford is there are two fucking streets in the whole town that have anything going on at night. The street where Sweet Jane's was and the street we found Habib's Pizza Shack. That drunk ass girl at the bar was annoying, she would have been wearing pizza if I was the guy helping her.
    Bubba wrote:

I would have traded :D Actually my seats weren't bad... I had a nice sight line and wasn't on the far right of the stage so I'm not complaining.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

i'm starting to be okay with not having gone to hartford.

:)
    what i thought was funny is that both julian/joe and bob/sean watched anchorman in their underwear together this weekend...
    thatgirl wrote:
    we would have traded with you guys! ;)

LOL, we weren't looking that far back, just to be more central!!
    Bubba wrote:
    LOL, we weren't looking that far back, just to be more central!!
    lol the seats sara and i had were good i thought, we could see everything, and the guy next to me was cute
    chromiam wrote:
    I would have traded :D Actually my seats weren't bad... I had a nice sight line and wasn't on the far right of the stage so I'm not complaining.

I was gonna say, you're seats looked to be pretty good. If I had my camera I would have liked to have moved back a bit but since I didnt I was glad we stayed closer. The whole changing of seats was BA's idea, but it would have been cool if we could have gotten towards the middle of the center section.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    Mornin yellas. :)

Another shitty week of weather, all week & this weekend as well. We're due some serious weather Karma come Mem Weekend.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    Bubba wrote:
    I was gonna say, you're seats looked to be pretty good. If I had my camera I would have liked to have moved back a bit but since I didnt I was glad we stayed closer. The whole changing of seats was BA's idea, but it would have been cool if we could have gotten towards the middle of the center section.

I was surprised that I didn't see him get up and leave when they opened with like 4 songs off of 8. And I wonder if he knows that if you buy a healthy salad at McDonald's you can get a workout video with Maya ;)

Admin

fanch75 wrote:
    Mornin yellas. :)

Another shitty week of weather, all week & this weekend as well. We're due some serious weather Karma come Mem Weekend.

karma never fails.