**Official PJ @ Tweeter Center RV Tailgate Pre-Game Party Thread**

Comments

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    thatgirl wrote:
    what is the yamcumber?

The Yamcumber was the holiest of Vegetables. In late 1993, He Who is That of the Yamcumber came to one of my best friends from high school in a Vision. The Yamcumber spoke to him. From these Visions, the Book of Yam was written. To this day, no one knows who wrote the Book of Yam.

Makul & I thought it'd be hilarious to put up a Shrine to He Who is That of All Things Yamcumber on the Internet........so yeah.

Behold, the earliest work of Makul & Fanch, circa 1996 (later updated slightly in 1999, as you'll see). Everyone should read the Book of Yam.

Note: You'll also see the beginning of the ebonics stuff at the bottom of the page. That was from 1995/96.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/2065/
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    thatgirl wrote:
    i cant wait for the gorge!!!! im trying not to think about it bc otherwise it will consume me! i need to start being able to function in daily life without thinking about this great trip.

Plus you don't want to wish your summer away. As I've gotten older I have tried to be more in the moment, as opposed to hurring up future events.

Chrom, it's going to be a great time. I can't belive so many are going. It's goign to be a one-time experience that will never repeat itself.
  • thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    fanch75 wrote:
    The Yamcumber was the holiest of Vegetables. In late 1993, He Who is That of the Yamcumber came to one of my best friends from high school in a Vision. The Yamcumber spoke to him. From these Visions, the Book of Yam was written. To this day, no one knows who wrote the Book of Yam.

Makul & I thought it'd be hilarious to put up a Shrine to He Who is That of All Things Yamcumber on the Internet........so yeah.

Behold, the earliest work of Makul & Fanch, circa 1996 (later updated slightly in 1999, as you'll see). Everyone should read the Book of Yam.

Note: You'll also see the beginning of the ebonics stuff at the bottom of the page. That was from 1995/96.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/2065/
    ummmm....fanch...i dont know what to say...

remember that "thing" that was not to be spoken of or shared??...well this should be added to that list...
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    thatgirl wrote:
    ummmm....fanch...i dont know what to say...

my buddy was tripping. does that assist you? :P

I remembered that site the other night, thought it was hilariosu that it was still up, and put it in my sig.
    apparently da kid is in rare form right now and he hasnt even started drinking yet...something else about locking julian in the car??? no clue whats going on there...

also found out that the philly shirts will say "camden" booooo
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
    WHere should I post Makul's review of 8?
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,427
    i had the best job in the world.......UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!

when the blithering idiots lost the account.......FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!

vice president of the company calls me at home to give me the great news...FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are gonna transfer me to another account on monday(thank god im still employed)....ill be working different hours...and many more hours...FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

good news was.....vice president says im an excellent employee(cool!!)..
    said i am one of their best drivers and didnt want to lose me(cool!!)....

so im gonna look at this like this......i just gave myself a $10,000.00 a year raise with the added hours.....but this still sucks....cuz now i am actually gonna have to work...i just spent 2 years at an account drinkin coffee smoking cigarettes and sleeping in my truck for 10 hours a night....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    i had the best job in the world.......UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!

when the blithering idiots lost the account.......FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!

vice president of the company calls me at home to give me the great news...FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are gonna transfer me to another account on monday(thank god im still employed)....ill be working different hours...and many more hours...FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

good news was.....vice president says im an excellent employee(cool!!)..
    said i am one of their best drivers and didnt want to lose me(cool!!)....

so im gonna look at this like this......i just gave myself a $10,000.00 a year raise with the added hours.....but this still sucks....cuz now i am actually gonna have to work...i just spent 2 years at an account drinkin coffee smoking cigarettes and sleeping in my truck for 10 hours a night....
    i hope you boss understands that its not wise to interfere with our memorial day plans...
    fanch75 wrote:
    WHere should I post Makul's review of 8?
    make a thread on the AET
    Its own thread?

With all the review threads, I may get killed by Kat for that one.
    fanch75 wrote:
    Its own thread?

With all the review threads, I may get killed by Kat for that one.
    i dont know where else, if its big it might be risky to post it here...
    thatgirl wrote:
    i hope you boss understands that its not wise to interfere with our memorial day plans...
    oh FUCK!!!!!!

this new account im at better not be working that monday....FUCK!!!!!!!!!
    thatgirl wrote:
    i dont know where else, if its big it might be risky to post it here...

I know! I'll put it in Gracie's 8 review thread. That's the one with the most legs anyway.
    oh FUCK!!!!!!

this new account im at better not be working that monday....FUCK!!!!!!!!!
    well theres no if, ands, or buts about it.
    tell them to suck it, you will be in philly
    this will be my last post till sunday :(

see ya everyone!!!
    Makul's review of 8.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showpost.php?p=3213177&postcount=719

Edit: Bye TG! Enjoy, be safe, and be sure he uses a condom.
  • grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    fanch75 wrote:
    I know! I'll put it in Gracie's 8 review thread. That's the one with the most legs anyway.

oh man! i must check this out. i hope i like it. otherwise, is there a "remove" function for the starter of a thread? ;)

just kidding. i'm going to play 8 waaay too loud now in my car. (guess my car and triple or nothing your prize :) )

edit: fanch- like hell it's a honda civic! this means you have lost the prize you won from guessing my hand! :(
    take your money and your drugs.
    im baaaaack!
    i had a GREAT time with everyone (even if i was "lame"). i cant wait for memorial day and most importantly...THE GORGE!
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    Damn Julie, I go to tap the ATM at Sweet Jane's and I come back and you disappear...whats that all about. I found BA upstairs crying his eyes out because you left!! Hahaha

Anyway, great weekend, shame it had to end! Two great shows with good people!! Cant wait to do it again in two weeks!
    Bubba wrote:
    Damn Julie, I go to tap the ATM at Sweet Jane's and I come back and you disappear...whats that all about. I found BA upstairs crying his eyes out because you left!! Hahaha

Anyway, great weekend, shame it had to end! Two great shows with good people!! Cant wait to do it again in two weeks!
    haha well my friends came to get me, i didnt think they would be there so soon, i didnt even get to finish my beer! but dont worry, in 13 days you will see me 2 nights in a row, and in 66 days you will see me 4 DAYS and NIGHTS in a row. consider yourself VERY lucky.
    on a side note, on my way home today, on I684 i believe (CT)...i saw an adopt-a-highway sign...adopted by clive davis :) kinda cool, i think?
    thatgirl wrote:
    on a side note, on my way home today, on I684 i believe (CT)...i saw an adopt-a-highway sign...adopted by clive davis :) kinda cool, i think?

that motherfucker can put his donut where the sun don't shine. :)

glad to see you all had a lovely time!
  • Bednarz42Bednarz42 Posts: 223
    I told all of you that albany would dominate...
    Albany '03
    Holmdel '03
    Reading '04
    Philly '05
    Irving Plaza '06
    Albany '06
    Hartford '06
    Camden 1 '06
    East Rutherford 1 '06
    East Rutherford 2 '06
    MSG 1 '08
    MSG 2 '08
    Philly 4 '09
    MSG 1 '10
    MSG 2 '10
    Alpine 1 '11
    Alpine 2 '11
    Made in America '12
    Worcester 2 '13
    Brooklyn 1 '13
    Brooklyn 2 '13
    Philly 2 '13
    Philly 2 '16
    Boston 1 '16
  • More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 598
    thatgirl wrote:
    i cant wait for memorial day and most importantly...THE GORGE!

Whu whu WHAT!?

Hartford was a sea of lame hippies. I honetly could not find one person to fill me in on how Red Mosquito was played on Friday night- Boom/ no Boom. They were all like "What man...Red Mosquito was played?" How could you be at that show and not know what the fuck was going on? I can't wait for our home show. The PJ concert scene is being taken over by Phish fans who are more concerned with getting high then what's going on up on the stage. Nobody knew what the fuck was played. Thanks a fucking lot EW.

The show was decent, but short. I'm Open, Sleight of Hand, and inside Job were the highlights for me. Hartford's set did not hold a candle to what was played in Albany and I would not be honest if i said i wasn't a little disappointed. I thought it was going to be a stand out show. It wasn't. The guys sound great...the new songs sound great...Jeff and Mike were on fire. My 10c seats were great and the crowd around me was good too, but it was cold and wet there and I'm glad I'm home.

I've got two weeks now to think about Camden.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
    Whu whu WHAT!?

Hartford was a sea of lame hippies. I honetly could not find one person to fill me in on how Red Mosquito was played on Friday night- Boom/ no Boom. They were all like "What man...Red Mosquito was played?" How could you be at that show and not know what the fuck was going on? I can't wait for our home show. The PJ concert scene is being taken over by Phish fans who are more concerned with getting high then what's going on up on the stage. Nobody knew what the fuck was played. Thanks a fucking lot EW.

The show was decent, but short. I'm Open, Sleight of Hand, and inside Job were the highlights for me. Hartford's set did not hold a candle to what was played in Albany and I would not be honest if i said i wasn't a little disappointed. I thought it was going to be a stand out show. It wasn't. The guys sound great...the new songs sound great...Jeff and Mike were on fire. My 10c seats were great and the crowd around me was good too, but it was cold and wet there and I'm glad I'm home.

I've got two weeks now to think about Camden.
    YIKES!!!!!

The show was decent, but short. I'm Open, Sleight of Hand, and inside Job were the highlights for me. Hartford's set did not hold a candle to what was played in Albany and I would not be honest if i said i wasn't a little disappointed. I thought it was going to be a stand out show. It wasn't.
    i felt disappointed too, not to say that i didnt have a good time bc i really did, (thank god everyone was there to hang out with-those stories i will save for later) but, after literally HEARING RM on fri night, satans bed, and rats via joe's phone, i knew that last nights setlist would not compare. actually, disappointed wasnt even the word for how i felt. i was sad. 3 MAJOR songs like that being played in one night, led me to think, and then ultimately realize, that they would not have any other tricks up their sleeves for saturday night. i was right. although im open was different (tho not even a "song" in my book). i already had my mind set against the fact that it would not be a stand out show, i mean yea maybe im being debbie downer...but thats how it goes. well whatever, im not writing a review here, i already did that in another thread. im just sad i didnt get to hear my song...wahhh waahhhh me, right? it could have been worse...they could have played parachutes and MOTH!!! ;)

oh and the guy next to me was good looking so that helped :)
    just an observation, not sure if this can be avoided (probably not)...
    but as we were walking back from the show, we couldnt help but notice the giant cluster fucks in the parking lots. i am dreading camden lots. so, i am wondering can we avoid this in any way? i know what the deal is down there. but is campbells field really that far of a walk? will it increase our chances, or at least my chances, of not losing our minds trying to get out of that place?
    grace6697 wrote:
    oh man! i must check this out. i hope i like it. otherwise, is there a "remove" function for the starter of a thread? ;)

just kidding. i'm going to play 8 waaay too loud now in my car. (guess my car and triple or nothing your prize :) )

edit: fanch- like hell it's a honda civic! this means you have lost the prize you won from guessing my hand! :(
    whats wrong with honda civics??
    thatgirl wrote:
    whats wrong with honda civics??

there is nothing wrong with honda civics. i drove one to canada for shows.