australia versus America

Comments

• bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    and hey catefrances, I would like you to confirm your whereabouts...13th March, 2009...my ex was up to no good with someone...I always presumed it was another man...but that location of yours looks to be somewhat of a confession???
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    bindy123 wrote:
    and hey catefrances, I would like you to confirm your whereabouts...13th March, 2009...my ex was up to no good with someone...I always presumed it was another man...but that location of yours looks to be somewhat of a confession???

:lol:

i was in sydney... which is usually where i am unless im not. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    bindy123 wrote:

:lol:

i was in sydney... which is usually where i am unless im not. ;)8-)

Yeah well that is looking more and more suspiscious...got any photos...that would definately score significant bonus points! :corn:
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
    bindy123 wrote:
    Yeah well that is looking more and more suspiscious...got any photos...that would definately score significant bonus points! :corn:

post them on the open forum???? thatd be a banning offense. PM me.. we'll chat. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Points to Australia for being the mascot for University Of Arkansas all these years

u50_new_university_of_arkansas_razorbacks_buckle.jpg
    australia-map-yellow-md.png

And extra points to Tasmania for being the turd falling out the pig's ass.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    edited April 2012
    Outstanding call President Futon...and that triangular shaped turd would be the most appropriate of representations for Tasmania!!!

And dont worry if you think I just offended any Tasmanians...they dont have the internet down there yet!
    Post edited by bindy123 on
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    *snickers*
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    oi bindi! go easy... i have taswegian blood. :P
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Former remark formally withdrawn
  • belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    Carroll Shelby :D8-)
    Fulmer Falls 8-)
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    I've put my superior Alabama thinking skills to the test and have one for y'all. In fact, this one's too easy. I should get at a minimum of 20 points for what I'm about to post. Suck on it, Oz! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    We gave the world Johnny Depp. GAME OVER 8-)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"

that is so unfair. :lol::lol::lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

that is so unfair. :lol::lol::lol:
    :mrgreen::lol:

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    Whoever knows Point Break trivia wins.
  • bindy123 wrote:
    Outstanding call President Futon...and that triangular shaped turd would be the most appropriate of representations for Tasmania!!!

And dont worry if you think I just offended any Tasmanians...they dont have the internet down there yet!

Or do we ?? :nono:
    The world awaits just up the stairs,leave the pain for someone else.
    OK OK OK...first of Matt of Tassie...the Tasmanian insult was formally withdrawn...plus I never said anything about people having two heads or anything...so I gotta get credit for that.

Secondly...and I hate to be a stickler for the rules...I mean I bend them with the best of them, I can cope with dishonesty and turn a blind eye to blatant cheating...but Comebackgirl and bamapjfan...I am afraid your entriesare the complete opposite of everything the game stands for...the object is to score points by naming great things about the OTHER country

I am forced to admit now that this game is unapologetically and unashamadly aimed at raising the esteem of the peoples of this little island...yes we have a massive inferiority complex and are chronically insecure...but with damn good reason...I mean you know what Russel Crowe, Nicole Kidman, Olivia Newton John, Keith Urban, Guy Pearce, Hugo Weaving, ACDC, Air Supply, The Bee Gees etc, all have in common...all aussie icons right? WRONG...none of them were fucking born here!!! Not even our Prime Minister...the leader of our Fucking country...was born here (I know you can say the same about your leader...but atleast he had the decency to pretend he was born there!!!)

So with national pride at an alltime low, please give us something that will help us sleep better at night!!! Say something nice about us damn it!

Meantime, here is one for the team...just introduced these guys to my kids...watched the movie for the first time in over a decade...it holds up to the test of time...my boys were in tears...well done Mr Judge and God Bless the Lesbian Seagul!

Beavis-and-Butthead-sofa-371381.jpg

By the way, no penalty for the incorrect entries by bama and cbg...and yes the gaming committee are partial to the smile of a pretty girl...just dont let it happen again!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I'd say Australia wins seeing some Americans think we do not speak English here.
    Refer the Andrew Bogut thread....
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    bindy123 wrote:
    Secondly...and I hate to be a stickler for the rules...I mean I bend them with the best of them, I can cope with dishonesty and turn a blind eye to blatant cheating...but Comebackgirl and bamapjfan...I am afraid your entriesare the complete opposite of everything the game stands for...the object is to score points by naming great things about the OTHER country

By the way, no penalty for the incorrect entries by bama and cbg...and yes the gaming committee are partial to the smile of a pretty girl...just dont let it happen again!
    Good point...except that catefrances made me an honorary aussie years ago...so I can play for both sides...and today I'm playing for the USA :mrgreen: Although aussies do have better accents...and pet koalas and kangaroos so you get 3 additional points, but Johnny Depp trumps all 8-)

• ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    This game isn't fair because more Americans reside on the board vs Aussies.. I call bias! Bias! Every Aussie poit needs to be worth double : D
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
    I heard American chicks dig Aussie guys?
    My friend went to the US and was more popular with the girls there than over here.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    My friend went to the US and was more popular with the girls there than over here.

I'll let you in on a secret...American ladies LOVE accents, especially Aussie/British/Irish/Scottish accents.
    I used to work in a call center. Whenever a man called from the UK or Australia/NZ, every woman in the office would gather round as whoever got the call put it on speaker phone. There's just something about those accents...
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    iamica wrote:

I'll let you in on a secret...American ladies LOVE accents, especially Aussie/British/Irish/Scottish accents.
    I used to work in a call center. Whenever a man called from the UK or Australia/NZ, every woman in the office would gather round as whoever got the call put it on speaker phone. There's just something about those accents...

The ladies do love the accents... Can't argue that
    iamica wrote:

That is what my friend told me, they were in awe of his accent lol
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    iamica wrote:

That is what my friend told me, they were in awe of his accent lol

It's not fair... :lol:
    bindy123 wrote:

Good point...except that catefrances made me an honorary aussie years ago...so I can play for both sides...and today I'm playing for the USA :mrgreen: Although aussies do have better accents...and pet koalas and kangaroos so you get 3 additional points, but Johnny Depp trumps all 8-)

The gaming committee, in their infinite wisdom, appear to have come up with a solution to this dilemma...as we are all aware, it is not above our country to claim overseas stars as our own...so they have dug deep and found this photo of Johnny Depp as a child...proving beyond any doubt he was, in fact, born in Australia!!! So you can have the points cbg...and by all means continue to play for both sides!

Zoso that is an excellent suggestion...it is with the gaming committee for review as we speak

And finally peacefrompaul, iamica and thoughtsarrive...thanks for the valuable information...what a shame I live about 20 000km away from the place that info could really come in handy!!!

DSC00009.jpg

hahaha, my son DJ dressed up as Jack Sparrow about 4 years ago
    bindy123 wrote:

this is true.. i have that power. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    The Wave on the border of Arizona and Utah. 8-)