Steve McQueen 8-)
  • belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    Ten Club :D
    Andy Wood :D
    TOTD :D
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    Time for another score update, and I am so so so pleased to see the leaderboard looking incredibly close...thanks largely to my new best friend and now team captain belinda...keep em coming!

Our friend President Futon from the Satan Isles has continued to clearly demonstrate himself to be the games MVP...I would offer one...certainly not criticism...more question I guess...but I guess I just questioned the absence of Pulp Fiction from your list of great US movies...but a great point, well made nonetheless!

Mr Morello, delighted to see you back in the game...and you are a brave bastard...risking your life as a New Zealander and attempting to pay Australia a compliment...good luck in the witness protection programme. And by the way it does seem you have an issue with nthe scoring system...so I have taken the liberty of posting you a copy of the games grievance policy and procedure manual, just fill out the enclosed paperwork and send it back...I didnt have your address so I just posted it to Bondi Beach...so it will find you eventually...I think all NZ still reside there!

81 you must not have read the rules...to comment on this site you must have less than 30 000 posts, sorry you arent eligible to be here...its in the fine print somewhere

cutz you have made your case and I will grant you a point for Kylies hotness...I must admit to some intimate moments alone in the shower as a teenager thinking of the Locomotion filmclip!

Oh and finally...another brilliant call this time from perfectlefts...three points for John Butler (obvious reasons)...the man is a genius!!!

Leaderboard
    USA 21
    Satan Isles 17
    Australia 13
    Finland 10
    NZ 5
    Greece 3
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Bindy you are a crack up... You haven't got many posts, but quality... and the bondi call was priceless hahah
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    bindy123 wrote:
    Mr Morello, delighted to see you back in the game...and you are a brave bastard...risking your life as a New Zealander and attempting to pay Australia a compliment...good luck in the witness protection programme. And by the way it does seem you have an issue with the scoring system...so I have taken the liberty of posting you a copy of the games grievance policy and procedure manual, just fill out the enclosed paperwork and send it back...I didnt have your address so I just posted it to Bondi Beach...so it will find you eventually...I think all NZ still reside there!

Leaderboard
    USA 21
    Satan Isles 17
    Australia 13
    Finland 10
    NZ 5
    Greece 3
    Mr Morello? Ahem, ah, it seems there's something you don't know about me!! 8-) Oh & that I've never been to Bondi.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    The Holden Ute SSV.

the only badass and awesome truck to ever exist. All other 'murrican trucks are pieces of shits.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    MISS Morello, please excuse my ignorance and accept my most sincere and humble apology

I dont wish to make excuses but I was born an Australian Male...so therefor only recieved half a brain...plus I never really expect any members of the female population to actually engage with me in conversation, so I assume everyone on here is a guy...terribly sorry

The gaming comittee has decided to award NZ two bonus points for the insult

:fp:
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
    morello wrote:
    Hmmmmm.....
    night of steamy passion with
    ................ would definitely be good. Dunno about the other bit though.

Oh and another thing...as its a night of steamy passion that appeals to you...I have again taken the liberty of putting you in the draw to win just that...but the night will be with a very attractive member of our very own gaming committee!!! CONGRATULATIONS
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Bradley Cooper....

And if you were female you'd be giving that one 10 points.... 8-) ....or I would be anyway!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    bindy123 wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Hmmmmm.....
    night of steamy passion with
    ................ would definitely be good. Dunno about the other bit though.

Oh and another thing...as its a night of steamy passion that appeals to you...I have again taken the liberty of putting you in the draw to win just that...but the night will be with a very attractive member of our very own gaming committee!!! CONGRATULATIONS
    Golly I'm getting all the extra treatment today. Cool. 8-)

Oh & another thing about Oz or the US or Greece or FInland that's great? Has anyone said Pearl Jam? Pearl Jam gives the US a few extra points doesn't it?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    D.W. from NASCAR Boggity Boggity Boggity lets go racin'! :corn:
    Johnny Rockets 8-)
    Richard Hollingshead - for inventing the first drive in movie theater! :corn: 8-)
  • DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited October 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
    toilet paper :!:
    bubble gum :lol:
    video games :D
    internet :ugeek:
    motor cycle 8-)
    Caine's Arcade.
    http://cainesarcade.com/
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Jason P wrote:
    Bells Beach ... where Bodhi famously met his fate in the 50 year swell.

thumbnail.aspx?q=4832985484757625&id=ece8d11fe8dd576af7c8afc270b177d9

yeah but that wasnt even bells. that was oregon, which i believe is in the USA. all australians could see it and i for one was embarassed for the film makers.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    81 wrote:
    really...., there is no competition... this thread is silly :P :lol:

agree. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    California produces awesome cabs, pinots and zins but nothing beats a good Barossa or McLaren Vale Shiraz.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    The Australian Open(MAJOR tennis)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    yeah but that wasnt even bells. that was oregon, which i believe is in the USA. all australians could see it and i for one was embarassed for the film makers.
    :shh:

:corn:
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    AUS and USA olympic swimming both rule.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
    Well once again the aus vs america game has been embroiled in controversy...I have had to knuckle down and get deep into research to make the call on several posts...the results are final and not open to negotiation...

Firstly, let me say I recently read a thread posted by Loulou thanking fanclub members for donating cash to help her beloved dog Henry...so genuinely moved I was I copied the list of all the members who donated, did my best to look up their profiles to find out where they are from, and gave a point to that country!!! So now we have in the game Europe, UK (I couldnt include them in Europe cos they dont like that), Canada...and believe it or not but there were several references that suggested people came from an asshole...so I checked every Atlas I have...but finally came to the conclusion that they must be from the planet URANUS...so now the game has not only gone global...but UNIVERSAL!!!
    Oh and by the way...I need about $3000 to go on a surf trip to the Maldives...not asking for anything of course...just putting it out there

To the controversies;
    The post that informed us that the Point Break scene was shot in Oregon...was correct, and the wave shown was filmed in Hawaii...but this info didnt take away from the fact that Bells Beach is awesome...part of the most incredible coastline on the planet...nor take away from my man-crush on Bohdi, so the score isnt affected...but thanks for the info!
    A seemingly innocent post by team captain Belinda27 almost caused a major international incident...I had world leaders from the likes of France, Israel, Italy and others all laying their claims to the invention of toilet paper...so again had to research and use my skills of diplomacy in order to avert disaster...anyway the point to Australia does stand, America invented the first COMMERCIALLY released toilet paper...well done and thanks...But...I also have to give 5 points to China...they have documented evidence of toilet peper use from thousands of years ago...AND...TEN points to the Japanese...man those dudes are hardcore...if you get a minute take a look at some of the things they use to use to clean up!!!

Leaderboard
    USA 39...big donators to the Henry fund...points well deserved
    Australia 25
    Satan Isle 17
    Japan 10
    Finland 10
    NZ 8
    China 5
    Greece 3
    Europe 2
    UK 2
    URANUS 2
    bindy123 wrote:
    To the controversies;
    The post that informed us that the Point Break scene was shot in Oregon...was correct, and the wave shown was filmed in Hawaii...but this info didnt take away from the fact that Bells Beach is awesome...part of the most incredible coastline on the planet...nor take away from my man-crush on Bohdi, so the score isnt affected...but thanks for the info!

youre welcome. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say