australia versus America

bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hope this hasnt been done before!
Been a fan club member a whole week now. Thought Id give starting a new thread a crack

This is the game...Lets Find out beyond any doubt which is the BEST Country. Each Post lists something brilliant about, or something or someone, that has come from the USA or Australia...BUT...the catch is that Australians have to say something great from America, and obviously Americans have to come up with something great from Australia...see this is also an attempt to improve international relations!!! In case this doesnt make sense, here is an example...I go first and list Napoleon Dynamite (coolest dude of all time!)...hes American, I am Aussie...Aussies are now winning One to NIL

New Zealanders, sorry you cant play...I mean once we have said Wal Footrot and Tim Finn...theres really nothing else...plus relations between our countries are way beyond repair now anywaY

i am going to keep score...and not everything automatically scores...I mean if some uneducated moron from Australia was to write George W Bush...of course I couldnt count that! Anyway Americans, you are currently losing, so away you go!!!
"God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ellie Macpherson :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    CONGRATULATIONS Green Mountain Man...and as the first to reply to my stream, you have scored a bonus point for your country...so America leads 2 to 1

And of course Elle does score...despite the fact that she has lived most of her life outside our great land...and some questionable attempts at acting...oh and she did host some really bad show about wannabe models...but nonetheless, score she does...a beautiful creature, both inside and out!!!
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    two words...

Pearl Jam...

sorry Australia...you just lost the game.... ;) :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Ellie Macpherson :thumbup: :thumbup:
    :lol::lol: Ellie
    edited April 2012
    dear dimitris,
    I just have one or two minor issues to address with you about your most welcome comment

1. You are not actually from America or australia so technically u are not actually eligible to play and
    2. That suggestion of Pearl Jam would actually score a point for Australia, not cause them to loose the game

HOWEVER...due to your contribution, and the fact you are the creator of the now famous piece of literature...why now u dont bitching I think it is...the gaming committee has deemed that you should be allowed to do whatever the hell you want...SO...you score...for GREECE

Official score; America 2, Australia 1, GREECE 1
    Post edited by bindy123 on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    bindy123 wrote:
    dear dimitris,
    I just have one or two minor issues to address with you about your most welcome comment

1. You are not actually from America or australia so technically u are not actually eligible to play and
    2. That suggestion of Pearl Jam would actually score a point for Australia, not cause them to loose the game

HOWEVER...due to your contribution, and the fact you are the creator of the now famous piece of literature...why you now stop bitching I think it is...the gaming committee has deemed that you should be allowed to do whatever the hell you want...SO...you score...for GREECE

Official score; America 2, Australia 1, GREECE 1
    haha..u are funny..enjoy the game..nice thread :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    Ellie Macpherson :thumbup: :thumbup:

isn't it Elle McPhearson :?:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Ellie Macpherson :thumbup: :thumbup:

isn't it Elle McPhearson :?:
    No
    Dear eeripadave,

Do you wish to lodge an official protest...please address all such issues to the gaming committee...bribes will be accepted and welcomed, as will be phone numbers of any single females you may know

Regards
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    I messed up her last name but mainly meant her first name is "Elle" not "Ellie" :P
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited October 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • I messed up her last name but mainly meant her first name is "Elle" not "Ellie" :P
    Your right it is Elle.
    Her real name is Eleanor Gow. I can see why she changed it
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    mad-max.jpg

I give you no points for the sequels though. And Mel Gibson in general is probably a 2 point deduction.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    two words...

Pearl Jam...

sorry Australia...you just lost the game.... ;) :P

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    paul_hogan_as_michael_j_crocodile_dundee.jpg
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Australia came up with the Crocodile Hunter...that show always fascinated me.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    edited October 2012
    -
    Score Update:

OK OK OK, slow down a bit America...damn you guys are competitive...or is it just that world domination thing going on again...anyway most of Australia has been sleeping, so lets see if we can catch up a bit...

Satansfuton: you are very correct in your assessment...unfortunately any points Mel Gibson may have scored for good stuff...Mad Max, Braveheart, arguably Lethal Weapon...he has well and truely countered with things I shall not mention on this site...PLUS, I am very pleased to say...he was actually born in America, and yes we have officially disowned him!!!

I like the crocodile theme...and in case you are wondering...yes it is true that most Aussies have one or two of them as pets

Anyway: America 4, Australia 1, Greece 2(bonus point because Dimitris the Greek God wrote something nice about this thread)
    DinghyDog wrote:
    mad-max.jpg

I give you no points for the sequels though. And Mel Gibson in general is probably a 2 point deduction.

OK, so as Mel Gibson is known as Australian, but was actually born in America, how do the two deduction points get distributed?

Well, if you're going to pawn Mel Gibson off on us, then you also have to give us Nicole Kidman (born in Hawaii), give AC/DC to Scotland, and probably some more. Best you just keep Mel.
    edited October 2012
    -
    The shark off the coast of Australia who provided the Shark Cage footage for Jaws.

75039d1189830112-shark-cages-jaws-5t.jpg
  • Australian Cattle Dog
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    Well, Loulou, of course, not to mention sweet dog Henry! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• curlygirly9curlygirly9 Posts: 1,872
    Yes, Loulou and ZiggyStar, and NICK CAVE!!!!
    Rose Garden Arena - Nov 02, 2000, Key Arena - Oct 22, 2001, Key Arena - Dec 08, 2002, Key Arena - Dec 09, 2002, Clark County Amphitheater - Sep 26, 2009
    Australia.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    INXS=GREAT band!!!
    Men At Work

And a bonus point for Colin's eye.

Colin-Hays-Eye-4-300x235.jpg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Medicare....
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Score update...and I best clarify a few rules...of course I do make them up as I go along...thats what my ex girlfriend told me anyway...and I hold the right to change them any time...yeah she said I did that too!

Anyway, One entry per post! and...
    Satansfuton, you cant tell me what deserves a bonus point...that is a matter for the gaming committee!

Dinghydog, very clever on the Nicole Kidman call!

And damn you Green Mountain Man you hit the jackpot and scored a whopping 10 Bonus points for the cattle dog call. My username Bindy is named after my most beautiful, gorgeous, loving, loyal, BFF Australian Red Cattle Dog...did you get any inside information???

America 19
    Australia 3
    Greece 2
    bindy123 wrote:
    New Zealanders, sorry you cant play...I mean once we have said Wal Footrot and Tim Finn...theres really nothing else...plus relations between our countries are way beyond repair now anywaY

I think New Zealand wins the game. Clearly Australians are jealous of you for Lord Of The Rings and no country has ever had anything as great as Flight Of The Conchords...

fs_flight_conchords_homemain.jpg

Let's cut through all the anti-American and anti-New Zealand bullshit from the Aussies and crown the winner.

new_zealand_en.gif