australia versus America

Comments

• DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited October 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    Surely the didgeridoo, that most peculiar and haunting of musical instruments must warrant a point, eh?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Since the British aren't chiming in for themselves I'll do it for them...

led-zeppelin.jpg
    ROLLING+STONES+-+STICKY+FINGERS+C4.jpeg
    the-beatles.jpg
    pink.jpg

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I love my apple products... so cudos to you america...

And please... Satans futon... It's not even funny to joke about New Zealand being good at anything let alone being better than Australia :) ....

But seriously, our country has a great alliance which will never be broken, but a great rivalry too
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    KIWIFRUIT! We get a point, not that we're in the competition, but anyway we still get one for kiwifruit surely!??!? yeah yeah I know they started out as chinese gooseberries but, but, but.....

only one per post eh?.. ok..... bbs.....
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    ALL BLACKS!!!

Oh, hang on, I've completely fukd up haven't'? We're not supposed to post about our own countries are we?

Hmmmph, bugger. Over & out.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    Tim Finn
    <hr>
    Neil Finn
    <hr>
    Liam Finn
    <hr>
    Flight of the Conchords
    <hr>
    Lord of the Rings

So, does NZ win? :)
    <hr>
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Since the British aren't chiming in for themselves

Yeah, cause this is "australia versus America". :P

But if Greece gets a point, Finland should get a point for holding the Air Guitar World Championships. 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
    eMMI wrote:
    Finland should get a point for holding the Air Guitar World Championships. 8-)

+1 That's definitely very cool!! 8-)
    <hr>
    edited October 2012
    -
    DinghyDog wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Lord of the Rings

So, does NZ win? :)

Morello, if you check you will find that most of those have already been mentioned, plus a few more in support of NZ. Actually, I think if they were being tallied, NZ might just win. Anyway, even if NZ was allowed to be a part of the game, you would probably have point off now for multiple entries. I don't think that was a rule initially, but the rules of this game are open to change.
    Hmmm, yeah I know some had been mentioned but I thought they deserved mentioning again & in a nice orderly fashion for ease of following. Sorry, that kinda deserves a deduct a point. :cry:

Anyway back to NZ.....

we have FAB rock band fans who travel serious numbers of miles to see their fav band(18000kms Auckland-Manchester in June! :o )! :lol:

Ok, proper point of note about NZ: kiwi! The bird. Very cool it is. :)
    <hr>
    edited October 2012
    -
    DinghyDog wrote:
    What about shihad? Aren't you proud of shihad?

Oh yeah, shit, of course I am!! Totally! Woops, forgot them. I'm actually not mega into them tbh. I was at uni when they were up & coming so I think I kinda never took them seriously but yes, yes, for sure. I know there's other things too........
    <hr>
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Awesomest thing to EVER come out of the US????

My husband. :D

Yeah, yeah....shhh....he really is. :mrgreen:
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Awesomest thing to EVER come out of the US????

My husband. :D

Yeah, yeah....shhh....he really is. :mrgreen:

Most awesomeness of awesome to come out of AUS???

My wife! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Can someone from the USA say Medicare please.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • stardust1976stardust1976 Posts: 1,301
    Can someone from the USA say Medicare please.

You know what? I'm probably going to get shot down in flames for saying this, AND being an Aussie. BUT, having had the dubious pleasure of being a user of our public healthcare system very recently, I was very very very disappointed. The public system has become very overrated, the nurses are run off their feet, doctors are nowhere to be seen and the whole thing has become a massive mess.
    Try waiting in an emergency department, then waiting for an entire night on a trolley still in the emergency department, then getting moved to another part of the emergency department, then moved upstairs to a ward, then almost 24 hours after arriving at the hospital, STILL not having been seen by a doctor. Then they get you mixed up with another patient, then they make you wait another 24 hours, fasting, for something that could be immediately life threatening, before they decide on what they are going to do. Then deal with that incompetence and tell me that our Medicare system is working.

It's not. Not saying total private health insurance is any better, but we really can't be proud of what we have here.
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    now firstly I have to say on behalf of the gaming committee, we really did NOT expect scoring this game to be so damn hard...but here is what we have come up with

Finland you score ten bonus points for the air guitar competition...no one can argue that is warranted

Morello, your contributions are most welcome. I love how you acknowledge the rule of the game is to write good things about other countries...but then continue to list good things about your own...I quote my brothers speech at my wedding (I married a beautiful kiwi girl)...addressing her family that all travelled over here for the occassion..."I thank those of you who have travelled some four thousand kilometers..., and forward some thirty years in time, to be here today...Hahahahaha, and no the marriage didnt work out for some reason....On a very(rare) serious note, if nothing else I hope all my NZ humour is taken lightheartedly...I love your country so much...the people are as beautiful as the scenery...all my children are part Moari proud half New Zealanders...very proud of their heritage, and have grown up being taught some of the native language... I will score you a point for Tim Finn, Lord of the rings and the All Blacks...sorry just cant go with Neil...but from now on you gotta list nice things about other countries to score!

Finally...I gotta add my own...definately in the top five people in the history of the earth, clearly the best ever sportsman of alltime...Kelly Slater...no need to list all his achievements...but he gained more respect last week when he lost the Bells final...any objective observer would admit that Mick Fanning was overscored and Kelly badly underscored on respective waves...privately Kelly was filthy, and rightly so, publicly gracious, all class!!! A credit to your great country America

Scores:
    America 21
    Aus 6
    Greece 2
    Finland 10
    NZ 3
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,692
    bindy123 wrote:

Scores:
    America 21
    Aus 6
    Greece 2
    Finland 10
    NZ 3

It's beginning to look like a world-wide international competition. :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,871
    has anyone said shrimp yet? on the barbie? if not , thats my answer. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Outback-Steakhouse-Coupons.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:
    Outback-Steakhouse-Coupons.jpg

outback is a crock...they don't even know what 'Australia Day' is.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    bindy123 wrote:
    Scores:
    America 21
    Aus 6
    Greece 2
    Finland 10
    NZ 3

why now u dont winning??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Bells Beach ... where Bodhi famously met his fate in the 50 year swell.

thumbnail.aspx?q=4832985484757625&id=ece8d11fe8dd576af7c8afc270b177d9
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    I used to love shiraz, before it got all jammy and over-alcoholed. Still giving props to Aussie wine. 8-)

As for Medicare - I thought he was talking about the American health care for old people (we can have universal health care for old people, but not for everyone else. :? )
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    Midnight oil mentioned yet? havent read thought the whole thread. cheers
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle