Options

EDDIE VEDDER POSTPONES US SOLO TOUR DATES (OLD)

Comments

• Options
    Get better soon Eddie!
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    That sucks! Luckily it's not his left arm. That'd suck even worse.

As a side note, that leaves September open for a US ter :D

Get well soon Ed. I was also thinking that's quite a gap and so leaves Aug/Sept open for a US tour. It's defo gonna happen for you yanks, you've just gotta be patient. It also all but confirms they'll be no Oz tour this year, which I have to say works well for my plan to go back and visit next year while tying in a few shows.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    mr_canada wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    I think everyone will wish Ed well and here's to a speedy and full recovery

Imagine the posters printed already?

I think they should still show us what the posters would have looked like. On a more important note...feel better EV.

Screw that...if they exist, I say poster sale next week!!!! :lol:

Speedy recovery Ed...lay off the axe throwing dude. ;)
  • Options
    Get well soon Ed!

Bummer for the people with plans, hope they can get 'em changed.

Halloween in Vegas does sound like it could be fun though...
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    So, just to clarify ... if you have (had) Ten Club tickets for an April show and want to keep them for a re-scheduled date in November ... you don't have to do anything, correct?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,614
    So, just to clarify ... if you have (had) Ten Club tickets for an April show and want to keep them for a re-scheduled date in November ... you don't have to do anything, correct?

My question as well.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    Get better soon Eddie! I've had nerve damage in my arm/elbow/wrist and it hurts like hell!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Pretty sure you don't have to do a thing. They are your tickets. No worries.

sidenote: Would gave been cool if Ed wrote a note to the fans...
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688

I think they'll be sending out e-mails pretty soon with all of that information.
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    tmollytmolly Posts: 5
    Get better Vedder!
    I guess my flight to Phoenix will need to be rescheduled :0( I am really disappointed but - these things happen. I hope you heal quickly and completely!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Oh man, what a bummer ...

Speedy recovery, Ed!

And I will start saving money for a flight in November ...
  • Options
    Feel better Ed!!!

Wonder where are the refunded tix gonna be sold...maybe with these new dates I can make it from Brazil (one can dream LOL).
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    I was excited beyond belief about going to these shows in Austin...A) They are less than an hour away. B) After 20 years of following this band, I've never seen any type of live show by any of them. C) My wife was going to be with me for them D) I had 2nd row Orch Pit!!!!! With that said, I'd rather forfeit any chance of ever seeing Ed live if it meant he wouldn't heal properly, so I don't care how long the delay is. Health comes before anything. I'm praying for him, because there's nothing worse than living in pain and not being able to do what you love to do.
  • Options
    Leyna MinaiLeyna Minai Posts: 688
    JimmyV wrote:
    Saw the other thread that got locked before this and figured it was belated April Fools. :cry:

Best wishes to you on a full and speedy recovery, Eddie!

Haha sorry about that! It was a totally incontrallable freak out post by me! :oops:
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    We'll be opting for a refund bc we probably won't be in TX in Nov/Dec. If we are, we'll try for tickets through other fans.

Man, this sucks. Hope Ed starts feeling better soon.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MattCam420MattCam420 Posts: 183

I would also like to know this.

I had tickets to both nights in Houston. Bummer. I still want to go obviously in the fall.

Get well soon Ed.
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
  • Options
    speedy recovery Eddie
  • Options
    MikechineMikechine Posts: 55
    Not sure if this will reach anybody who can pass along this to Eddie.

I had a back injury when I was a kid and was living with a dull pain in my lower back ever since. I started taking a supplement Anatabloc and I no longer have any pain. Depending on what type of injury, this may help if inflamation is involved.

Anyway, get well soon Eddie!
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Get better!

Now I might be able to see the show in Phoenix!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    fast recovery Eddie...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I hope he feels better soon.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Indi4enceIndi4ence Posts: 949
    wow, feel better Ed.

im going to have to cancel, wont be able to get to Florida in november :cry:

hopefully Ticketmaster awill issue me a refund
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,614
    MattCam420 wrote:

I would also like to know this.

I had tickets to both nights in Houston. Bummer. I still want to go obviously in the fall.

Get well soon Ed.

Email answered the question. Whewwwwww...
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,132
    Anyone have 3 tickets to the now scheduled Dec 1st date in Fort Lauderdale that they can't use any more?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    sidenote: Would gave been cool if Ed wrote a note to the fans...

...lefthanded ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,132
    Indi4ence wrote:
    wow, feel better Ed.

im going to have to cancel, wont be able to get to Florida in november :cry:

hopefully Ticketmaster awill issue me a refund

What show?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    Get well soon Ed!
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • Options
    AlbertaGirl70_AlbertaGirl70_ Posts: 1,738
    I was watching youtube vids last night from Hamilton 2011(can't remember which song now) and noticed that he twinged in pain and shook off his right hand.....Said to my hubby "what a trouper,he just pinched his hand in the mic stand and didn't miss a beat" ..but now I'm thinkin must have been the injury.... :(
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    Bogey ManBogey Man Newfoundland Posts: 118
    Jazz Festival is now a bust for me. Shitty news.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016
  • Options
    Bogey ManBogey Man Newfoundland Posts: 118
    Jazz Festival is now a bust for me. Shitty news.
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec 5/05/2016
    Ottawa 5/08/2016