1235»

Comments

• Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    McNairn wrote:
    I believe in Zeus, so it's O.K. with me

Ooo...King of the Gods...

Good job! That's a good God.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,289
    PJammin' wrote:
    when it comes to God and something you hold dear to you, it's not stupid. i'm sure if i said something disrespectful to eddie about his daughter he wouldn't appreciate it either. whether he believes in God or not i don't really care. just have respect to some of your fans who do believe. that's all.
    But he didn't disrespect any fans did he? He just said he didn't believe in God, that's it. I don't think Ed has ever belittled his fans that believe, has he?
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    mr bungle wrote:
    But he didn't disrespect any fans did he? He just said he didn't believe in God, that's it. I don't think Ed has ever belittled his fans that believe, has he?

I know it is hard to not say what you feel. That is what these threads are, truly so I know. I read a post and then want to say my take or whatever. I guess the things that kind of don't sit well with me ("kind of" geez, can I put on any thicker "kit" or is it "kid" gloves here?) , are that many people listen to those who they admire and have not yet formed their own minds to fit what they have come to believe themselves like most of us here may have already and from what I have heard here, what Eddie Vedder has come to figure out as well for himself. So the only danger is when the people who are the audience are not yet formed and they may cop the same beliefs just because they like Eddie. That's the only danger........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    Whatever. I believe in God. Why should I care what Eddie's religious views are?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,891
    writersu wrote:
    I know it is hard to not say what you feel. That is what these threads are, truly so I know. I read a post and then want to say my take or whatever. I guess the things that kind of don't sit well with me ("kind of" geez, can I put on any thicker "kit" gloves here?) , are that many people listen to those who they admire and have not yet formed their own minds to fit what they have come to believe themselves like most of us here may have already and from what I have heard here, what Eddie Vedder has come to figure out as well for himself. So the only danger is when the people who are the audience are not yet formed and they may cop the same beliefs just because they like Eddie. That's the only danger........

But that would in no way be Eddie's fault. If people form an opinion based on what someone else says, that is their choice. Those same people can go to church and hear a priest talk about god- should a person not go to church because their beliefs may be formed there. It has to go both ways.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    But that would in no way be Eddie's fault. If people form an opinion based on what someone else says, that is their choice. Those same people can go to church and hear a priest talk about god- should a person not go to church because their beliefs may be formed there. It has to go both ways.

That is though, if I may politely add, that when you go to church you are desiring to hear about God by your choice (or is you are a child your parents'). When you go to a concert, you want to hear music.

And yeah, if a grown adult is there and they hear this opinion, then should they just go with it because their musical hero said it, then they are fools. But should a young person, or a young soul who has not evolved into their own ideas regarding God hear it and blindly follow it, then they are in a different catagory.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........