Official Camden 1 Setlist Thread

Comments

• Goddamn, most bands play the same fucking setlist night after night, and you guys complain when Pearl Jam doesn't pull a magic fucking rarity out of their hat one night?

Seriously, anyone complaining about this setlist is a spoiled pussy. Get over yourselves and appreciate the band for being bold enough to change up their setlist every night instead of being like the other 95% of bands out there who play the same exact setlist at every show, even when they play the same arena back-to-back.

i dont see the problem with wanting to hear the songs you love, not just the popular ones. that's the complaint in a nutshell. those bands that play the same set every night don't normally spawn this sort of passion from there fans for a reason...that is what creates these issues.
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    and why WOULDN'T you want to write the setlist for them?? :)

Hey, I would if theyd ask me...but on here, lots of ppl wanna *write* it w/out being asked to...
    *Dont party in others ppl pussies unless youre invited* :D:p

This comes to mind...lol

I just respect them too much and like to see what happens next, i like surprises...
    And seeing them 6 times (hopefully) in September, will def bring me a nice variety of their catalogue... ;):D
    I wont complain no matter what happens! ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Goddamn, most bands play the same fucking setlist night after night, and you guys complain when Pearl Jam doesn't pull a magic fucking rarity out of their hat one night?

Seriously, anyone complaining about this setlist is a spoiled pussy. Get over yourselves and appreciate the band for being bold enough to change up their setlist every night instead of being like the other 95% of bands out there who play the same exact setlist at every show, even when they play the same arena back-to-back.

well said.......christ, a lot of bands even say the same thing every night in between songs......I know Metallica did it back on the black album tour
  • Can I honestly ask why they insist on Even Flow, DTE, Alive, and YL every night this tour (or every tour for EF and DTE)? I mean, all are great songs but NONE of them are my favorites or worth hearing every night. Hell, I haven't seen that many shows and I'm sick of them...oh well...at least the band is playing.

because the vast majority don't go to every show, or even buy every bootleg. They have to play for the 10000-20000 there that particular night. Not to you every night
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    AliveinFL wrote:
    I was right, Comatose.

You sure was! :)

And for that, you should have gotten a free plane/ticket for the 2nd show tomorro!

;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • ok got a call from K*Rock.

AHH LEASH!!!!!!!!!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    ok got a call from K*Rock.

AHH LEASH!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, far the fuck out!!!

Get outta here!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Q Magazine

• AliveinFLAliveinFL Posts: 567
    my next prediction is, get ready, BIG WAVE!!!
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • i've always thought leash would be a GREAT set closer. just the right vibe and everything.
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
    this just got interesting

i bet it sounds great too, 2nd time around and all
    i dont see the problem with wanting to hear the songs you love, not just the popular ones. that's the complaint in a nutshell. those bands that play the same set every night don't normally spawn this sort of passion from there fans for a reason...that is what creates these issues.

Sorry, but are you at this show? :D

Well, I hope you get your gems in Cinci ;)

Your lucky that youre gonna see them soon, most ppl dont have the chance, you know... ;)

Why do I feel like this has taken a weird turn? :o
  • Well couldn't hear very much as the connection sucked...but FUCK YA!

I hope I get it in Pittsburgh or my West Coast swing.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569

There's a big difference between wanting to hear songs you love and bitching, whining, and complaining when you don't hear them.

In order for everyone at any given PJ show to hear their favorite song, the band would have to play nearly every song in their catalog each night. For everyone who comes on this board and wants to hear Sad, there's another long-time fan who is dying to hear Evenflow.

My point is, it's fun and exciting to WANT to hear a given song at a show, but to whine when they don't play it is pretty damn selfish and just plain childish.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Big Wave Next????!!!!?????
  • [size=+2]RITFW[/size]
  • I think with Even Flow and Alive, you're guaranteeing a huge ovation, singalong, and reaction from any crowd. It's a safe play to probably get the crowd amped up.

The versions of both from Thursday night, even though they were played Wednesday as well, was unbelievable.

Probably right. And I agree, EVERYTHING Thursday was sick. I'm not all that spoiled as far as PJ...only seen 3 shows and two were earlier this week. However, I see a lot of shows from "jam bands" and jazz artists, so I am spoiled in that most bands I see change their setlist every night. I guess that's why it's hard for me. As a musician I could NEVER play the same set twice in a row. And I couldn't play even a couple of the same songs EVERy night. That's why I don't understand. The other thing is, the band, not us, started playing different songs every night when they first started. As a result, it's what we expect. That's human nature. Are we lucky? Yes. Should we be angry about a "bad" setlist, no. But we are allowed to have opinions and be disappointed that we heard 11 repeated songs over two nights in Boston. I have always said (and stick by it) that as long as they play, I'm happy. But people sayng we shouldn't complain? Hell, none of us are complaining about tonight - we aren't even there. We're just stating our opinions. *END RANT* Sorry about that.
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
    There's a big difference between wanting to hear songs you love and bitching, whining, and complaining when you don't hear them.

In order for everyone at any given PJ show to hear their favorite song, the band would have to play nearly every song in their catalog each night. For everyone who comes on this board and wants to hear Sad, there's another long-time fan who is dying to hear Evenflow.

My point is, it's fun and exciting to WANT to hear a given song at a show, but to whine when they don't play it is pretty damn selfish and just plain childish.

Couldnt have said it better myself!

*applauds* :)
  • Goddamn, most bands play the same fucking setlist night after night, and you guys complain when Pearl Jam doesn't pull a magic fucking rarity out of their hat one night?

Good point. Most bands head out on tour with 20-30 songs to play. I saw Tool in 2001, or 2002. I checked the setlists before the show to see what they were playing. It was the same exact set every night. Great show, but going in I knew exactly what they would play and when. I knew when they were gonna invite the opening act up to play with them. Pearl jam will probably play more than 100 different songs this tour. My guess is that they are up to 60 already, and they're just getting warmed up.
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Boop Boop Beep Boop
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • TorontoPJFanTorontoPJFan Posts: 133
    IamMine wrote:
    *high five*

*slips 20* Gimme another one!

What ya think so far?

I'm thinking people are expecting way too much, now that PJ has set their standard bar high from the beginning.

Maybe there's a reason for that - the crowd or something?

I notice the 2nd show is "usually" set for the diehards.

That's why they play the many hits for old fans who only listened to Ten album and never came back till now. :)

Or for new fans. :D

Spread the jam!!

By the way, I LOVE Even Flow. :)

Werd. They realize, in my opinion, that there are fanatics and the everyday folk..so they play music to appease them both.

I'll never complain. I'll take a PJ show over anything else, everyday of the week.

And yes, the 2nd show is the stuff of folklore.
    How could she say to me, "love will find a way?"

Toronto Molson Amphitheatre 06.28.2003
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.09.2006
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.10.2006
  • There's a big difference between wanting to hear songs you love and bitching, whining, and complaining when you don't hear them.

to want to hear them on occasion is all. just not seeing SO much rehash would be nice. again, i dont see the problem here. this is the same band that practically went into hiding (no pun intended) after the jeremy fiasco, but now they are content to beat their own songs into the ground...it just sort of amazes me in a way.

• drewman74drewman74 Posts: 8
    [size=+2]Even Flow[/size]
    i've never seen even flow played during an encore! has any one else?
  • Probably right. And I agree, EVERYTHING Thursday was sick. I'm not all that spoiled as far as PJ...only seen 3 shows and two were earlier this week. However, I see a lot of shows from "jam bands" and jazz artists, so I am spoiled in that most bands I see change their setlist every night. I guess that's why it's hard for me. As a musician I could NEVER play the same set twice in a row. And I couldn't play even a couple of the same songs EVERy night. That's why I don't understand. The other thing is, the band, not us, started playing different songs every night when they first started. As a result, it's what we expect. That's human nature. Are we lucky? Yes. Should we be angry about a "bad" setlist, no. But we are allowed to have opinions and be disappointed that we heard 11 repeated songs over two nights in Boston. I have always said (and stick by it) that as long as they play, I'm happy. But people sayng we shouldn't complain? Hell, none of us are complaining about tonight - we aren't even there. We're just stating our opinions. *END RANT* Sorry about that.

ditto every word there (minus the jam bands part)

• drewman74 wrote:
    i've never seen even flow played during an encore! has any one else?

That WAS sarcasm right??
  • Pearl jam will probably play more than 100 different songs this tour.

97 so far (if you count tags - 90 or so if you don't)
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
    Probably right. And I agree, EVERYTHING Thursday was sick. I'm not all that spoiled as far as PJ...only seen 3 shows and two were earlier this week. However, I see a lot of shows from "jam bands" and jazz artists, so I am spoiled in that most bands I see change their setlist every night. I guess that's why it's hard for me. As a musician I could NEVER play the same set twice in a row. And I couldn't play even a couple of the same songs EVERy night. That's why I don't understand. The other thing is, the band, not us, started playing different songs every night when they first started. As a result, it's what we expect. That's human nature. Are we lucky? Yes. Should we be angry about a "bad" setlist, no. But we are allowed to have opinions and be disappointed that we heard 11 repeated songs over two nights in Boston. I have always said (and stick by it) that as long as they play, I'm happy. But people sayng we shouldn't complain? Hell, none of us are complaining about tonight - we aren't even there. We're just stating our opinions. *END RANT* Sorry about that.

Well put. I agree, as long as they play, Im happy.
    And yeah, who are we to judge about tonite? Were not even there, were justa a buch of crazy fans following the setlist and wanting to be at the show...lol. Stating our opinions, yes we are, its a PJ message board, we have the right to do it. So, dont be sorry, its your right too, youre also a fan ;):D

Rock on!
  • AliveinFLAliveinFL Posts: 567
    RITFW, the show must be getting ready to wrap up. Maybe they will close with Baba tonight and not YL.
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
    Werd. They realize, in my opinion, that there are fanatics and the everyday folk..so they play music to appease them both.

I'll never complain. I'll take a PJ show over anything else, everyday of the week.

And yes, the 2nd show is the stuff of folklore.

Me too. :)

I'm just glad they did sing my favorite show at the Detroit show. :D
    ~Q Magazine

i would assume RITFW or Ledbetter (maybe Fuckin Up??) will end this.

It's been fun, but I'm off to try and watch that Lost finale I have taped from Wednesday night

see you all tomorrow night??? I'll be here, and I'm betting on a doozy.
  • the set sounds great to me, wish i could be at this show, I mean living in N.C. and not being able to see a show. anyway now that LEASH has been played I"m sure all those complaining all nite about this standard set will be so excited now saying "its the best set ever", dont get me wrong I'm glad they played the song, but I'm tired of all the hating and bitching about the setlist, let the band be what they want to be and like it or dont, they havn't let me down yet.....thats right I still have hope for the south?!
    "it feels like its the end of the world and we all got a good seat" ed

http://www.myspace.com/rear2view4mirror