jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    The show was AMAZING.....a big "Eff-U" to anyone who doesn't agree! :-D
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    jchais01 wrote:
    The show was AMAZING.....a big "Eff-U" to anyone who doesn't agree! :-D

AWESOME!!!!!!!

They would have said differently if they were AT the show!

That's how I felt about Detroit... :)

No one paid attention until the 2nd encore. :rolleyes:

I loved the ENTIRE show! :)

Glad you had a great time!

If you are going tonight - have a blast!!!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    i feel all of those '10 Club' members who left before Pearl Jam left the stage ought to have their fucking cards revoked.

For fucks sake, you leave early at a blowout sports event.

You don't leave early at a Pearl Jam concert...

The show was fine. The played a lot of staples, but thats why they called them staples. I thought they really did a good job. I was really impressed with how tight Comatose was. I felt like they should have played Severed Hand twice: once when everyone was still settling in, and once later (after porch?) once everyone was settled in. :)

Again, I felt BAD for Pearl Jam that fucking 10c members ahead of me were leaving. A couple dozen at least.

The lights were up, don't think the band didn't see you giving them the big old one finger salute...
    9/11/98 5/3/03 9/28/04 10/3/05 05/27/06 6/22/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    Notes from the show. Ten Club #138xxx got me 10th row Stone's side.

Gone was awesome. Ed seemed really into it and there were a lot of people inside to see it. Looked like almost all the seats were filled and some of the lawn although a lot of people still vanished for MMJ.

Wasted Reprise/Life Wasted was a nice opener.

Ed totally botched the first verse of Given to Fly and then gave up. He picked it up again in time for the first chorus and it was fine from then on.

Before I Am Mine Ed said the song was about freedom.

Somewhere during the main set Ed did a monologue that debated whether we were in Philly or Jersey and settled on Camden.

The crowd was really into Why Go, I couldn't even hear Ed singing.

Modern Girl was tagged on Not For You, WMA tagged on Daugter.

Porch had the slow intro with Ed on guitar.

The crowd sang the whole first chorus of Betterman.

Comeback was great live. The crowd seemed really into it.

Before Last Kiss Ed mentioned that they had made donation to some organization that helps free wrongly incarcerated people with DNA testing. He then brought a few of these guys on stage and they played Last Kiss with the band. They sounded pretty good, one could really sing. The speach Ed gave took a long time though and the crowd didn't seem to know how to react.

Before the second encore Ed said "We just realized its Saturday night and we have no where else to go so we're going to keep playing." leading to SOLAT.

Leash was a lot of fun live. I was not one of the people really interested in having this song resurface but it was solid and the crowd loved it. Once it ended Ed sort of made a gesture like "Happy now?" to the front row.

Ed played guitar and tamborine on Free World at times and the guys I talked about during Last Kiss returned to the stage to beat tamborines.

Other notes: Ed smoked a lot of cigarettes during the show. I counted at least 6. Don't know how he does it and sing like that every night.

The crowd seemed to know the new songs really well although I was amongst the fan club so its tough to tell what was really happening on the lawn.
    2008: 6/24, 6/25, 6/27
    2006: 5/14, 5/27, 5/31, 6/1
    2004: 10/1
    2003: 7/8, 7/9
    2000: 8/24, 9/2
    1998: 9/8, 9/11
    1996: 9/28, 9/29
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    LowLight 23 I think I would have explained it the same way. :D

This show was sick, not co much because of the songs (which were unbelievable btw) but because the crowd was AWESOME they were so into the new songs and they were singing at the top of their lungs.
    Alive was really good with the crowd's participation and so was Why Go.

Comeback was breathtaking, it was my highlight of the show! I hope I hear it again in the 3 shows I have left!

This show was a real crowd pleaser and it was really really good, I didnt really think that they would play Leash to be honest, but when they started playing almost at the end of the show people just lost it around me, I was really excited though I was really going insane about since the "losing my marbles songs" would be In Hiding.

The show was really good and it seemed as if they played forever, the second encore was amazing, Blood, Comatose, Leash, well it was just great ...

Im really looking forward to tonight's show, I think we are in for a real treat!

Oh! and I got my poster :D (just a note for those of you who knew I was going to be bummed if I didnt get one ... lol )

Cheers
    Urs,
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    DAMN!!! check out that 2nd encore~!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 288
    I thought the show was OK. Not the best I've seen, but not the worst. Life Wasted/Reprise works well for an opener. Porch was probably the best version I've seen. Present Tense was great also, even though it seemed much of the crowd didn't know the lyrics on the singalong part. The first encore was a bit of a downer. The songs were a little too "slow." The second encore made up for it though. Leash was great live and well worth the wait. Mike's Star Spangled Banner solo at the end of YL was great too. I would've liked to have heard more B-sides/covers. It was a good show for those who wanted the "crowd-pleaser" songs (Jeremy, Betterman, Alive, Daughter, Elderly Woman, etc.).
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    eddiez74eddiez74 Posts: 5
    kosteva2 wrote:
    I thought the show was OK. Not the best I've seen, but not the worst. Life Wasted/Reprise works well for an opener. Porch was probably the best version I've seen. Present Tense was great also, even though it seemed much of the crowd didn't know the lyrics on the singalong part. The first encore was a bit of a downer. The songs were a little too "slow." The second encore made up for it though. Leash was great live and well worth the wait. Mike's Star Spangled Banner solo at the end of YL was great too. I would've liked to have heard more B-sides/covers. It was a good show for those who wanted the "crowd-pleaser" songs (Jeremy, Betterman, Alive, Daughter, Elderly Woman, etc.).

I agree with most of your points Kosteva, but get ready to be ripped for your comments. It seems like if you don't make a 100% positive post, they rip you for it. I expected more when I first came to this board, like maybe a little bit of objectivity. Guess I was wrong.
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    kosteva2 wrote:

Leash was played for only the 2nd time in 12 years, I'd say that is pretty rare!

God damn- It kills me to think I still have another 3 months of waiting til I see them!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    Sound was really muffled and not nearlly loud enough in the 200's last night. Maybe I was too off to teh side??? Gotta say, up front people were going nuts but in the 200's patches of people were boring as can be -not friendly- not moving- dead. didnt know more than half the songs- the other half just the radio hits which there were waaaaay too many of. 1st encore was a snoozer but the guy next to me called last kiss- and with the guys released from prison up there with em it was kinda special. 2nd encore was great except for even flow- God- can we play another song off ten?! wtf? Blood awesome! leash, awesome!!!! comatose, comatose!!!!! Got a feeling Tonights gonna blow last night away- just fix the muffled sound please!!! TURN IT UP!!! Lets get a Don't gimme no lip- lets get a fuckin BIG WAVE!!!!!! See you tonight!!!!!

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    pghas wrote:
    see now, thats the beauty right now of having listened to and followed this band for 15 years, bought a ton of bootlegs and yet somehow never seen them, And Thursady will be my first. If I had seen that 30-song set tonight, I would have been as happy as a pig in shit, I'd love to hear some of my favorite rarities, like Breath, but I also wanna hear Even Flow and Alive and all the new stuff. I remember how it feels, when the Dead would roll into town and you'd go to 8 consecutive shows and if you got repeats or songs you didn't like you were bored. Its so nice not to be jaded about this band, Im so ridiculously pumped for this week!

Last night was my 7th time seeing PJ since '96 and I'd rank the set as one of the best I've seen so far, and I've been to two of the best shows in the history of the band in my opinion. I still love hearing the classics like Jeremy, Alive, and Even Flow, the energy in the crowd is amazing when they do them and you're right, there's a lot of people that have followed PJ for years (much longer than the people on this board bitchin' about the set) that are at a show for the first time and want to hear the songs that made them become PJ fans to begin with.

I've been to a lot of concerts with other bands, and nobody mixes up the set like PJ does while still keeping in the songs that will make more than just us diehards happy. Last night was the first time that I've heard Why Go and Leash live, so I'm thrilled, that's why I keep going back.

See ya next Saturday, if they play a set anywhere as good as tonight, I'll be happy, especially since I'll be taking my older brother who's been a fan for a long time and that will be his first show.
    9/29/96 Randalls Island, NYC ****
    9/10/98 Madison Square Garden, NYC
    9/01/00 Camden, NJ
    7/06/03 Camden, NJ
    7/08/03 Madison Square Garden, NYC ****
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ
    6/03/06 East Rutherford, NJ
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    Last night's show was awesome, but there is no doubt that tonight will be INCREDIBLE! Last night was a lot of the hits, but tonight they're gonna pull out the rare stuff (hopefully)! Yesterday at the tailgate, we heard rumors of songs that were soundchecked or songs that might be played tonight....I don't know if any of it is true, but I'm just relaying what I heard...I heard they soundchecked "Big Wave", "All Those Yesterdays", "Cropduster" and that "Alone" will be played tonight...again, I have no clue how true any of it is...it's just what I heard!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,838
    vedderwood wrote:
    Last night's show was awesome, but there is no doubt that tonight will be INCREDIBLE! Last night was a lot of the hits, but tonight they're gonna pull out the rare stuff (hopefully)! Yesterday at the tailgate, we heard rumors of songs that were soundchecked or songs that might be played tonight....I don't know if any of it is true, but I'm just relaying what I heard...I heard they soundchecked "Big Wave", "All Those Yesterdays", "Cropduster" and that "Alone" will be played tonight...again, I have no clue how true any of it is...it's just what I heard!

how did U enjoy Leash, vedderwood? no, they didn't drop in first in Philly...i mean, Camden :D...but U did get it i see.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    PJammin' wrote:
    how did U enjoy Leash, vedderwood? no, they didn't drop in first in Philly...i mean, Camden :D...but U did get it i see.

OMG, me along with everyone else in the place freaked the fuck out...hahaha! you should have seen everyone in the place....it was absolutely nuts!!!!! everyone was just jumping up freaking out...unbelievable! the crowd was crazy the entire night...the crowd sang a good chunk of the "WMA" tag by ourselves...i can't wait to hear it on the bootleg! and the crowd on "Present Tense"...awesome! I can't wait for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! But, "Leash" was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,838
    vedderwood wrote:
    OMG, me along with everyone else in the place freaked the fuck out...hahaha! you should have seen everyone in the place....it was absolutely nuts!!!!! everyone was just jumping up freaking out...unbelievable! the crowd was crazy the entire night...the crowd sang a good chunk of the "WMA" tag by ourselves...i can't wait to hear it on the bootleg! and the crowd on "Present Tense"...awesome! I can't wait for tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! But, "Leash" was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

hahahahaha...i love your excitement. thanks. have a great time tonight. i'm looking forward to the fanviews.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    robeastrobeast Posts: 18
    just for the record, I drove it on a whim yesterday after noon and had a kind soul help me out for a lawn ticket... and the lawn was PATHETIC... it was just drunk shirtless assholes wobbling back and forth... alot of people showed no emotion the entire time... just pathetic... the guys i was next too were cool though, but from my vantage point just terrible... i couldn't hear anyone else singing on anything other than the hits... and Come Back looked like the freaking prom or something, people just leaning on each other and wobbling back and forth

i have never sat lawn for PJ and im still thrilled to have been there, but when you guys say a crowd is nuts, keep in mind there are like 20,000 people behind you... and in this case, most were drunk and ignorant, to say the least

of course ive also never been to an outdoor show sober, and wow does it give you a whole different perspective on the lawn at those shows!

Rob
  • Options
    dontejasdontejas Posts: 31
    PJ is not capable of putting on a bad show, but last night's was kinda weak for them, unless you are there to hear all the hits and staples. After every song, we were hoping the next would be something special, but most often it was disappointing - songs you heard 6,000 times on the radio. Granted, there were exceptions: Porch was amazing; Present Tense; Blood; Leash ... But just when you thought, well, at least they let Even Flow rest for one show, they bring it out late in the encores.

I love this band. I will never stop going to shows. I just felt last night's set was more of a casual fan pleaser. And that's OK. Tonight's will be better.
  • Options
    sunlesssunless Posts: 83
    i feel all of those '10 Club' members who left before Pearl Jam left the stage ought to have their fucking cards revoked.

For fucks sake, you leave early at a blowout sports event.

You don't leave early at a Pearl Jam concert...

The show was fine. The played a lot of staples, but thats why they called them staples. I thought they really did a good job. I was really impressed with how tight Comatose was. I felt like they should have played Severed Hand twice: once when everyone was still settling in, and once later (after porch?) once everyone was settled in. :)

Again, I felt BAD for Pearl Jam that fucking 10c members ahead of me were leaving. A couple dozen at least.

The lights were up, don't think the band didn't see you giving them the big old one finger salute...

Pearl Jam might have to start selling 50/50 tickets so everyone stays till the end.
    Ask, I'm an ear
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Just a quick hi - resting in the a/c with my daughter before tonight's show. (Took her out today to see some Philadelphia stuff, since the chances of our being here again aren't high, unless PJ comes back here) Always a pleasure to be in 10club seats - we had such a great time last night! We ended up near a friendly guy who recognized us from MSG 03 (we're hard to miss I guess - a skinny mom and kid who's kind of a mini-me) and some nice guys behind us that we chatted with. My first comment would be it sucks to be anyone who left before the show was *completely* over - there were (I guess) 10c seats where people left early and missed you know what what. My first Philly/Camden show.... Highlights for me were Leash, Solat, WMA tag, Why Go, Porch always, Present Tense, for the reminder it gives, all the new album songs (esp. Severed Hand and Comatose), a kicking 2nd encore(did they drink Red Bull before the came back out for that?), Blood, Evenflow, Comatose, Leash, all so near the end... We were kind of far back, in the 204 section, so the show was just about listening, grooving to the show, singing with everyone else, rather than being able to watch what individual band members were doing at any given moment.

How nice that The Innocence project was highlighted.... sad for anyone jailed unjustly. Props to the band for contributing to this.

One not cool thing was the clusterfuck around the ferry going back. It didn't matter that you got in line, you had people basically walking and pushing around you to get ahead of you, or they just marched up to the front and didn't even bother with the line. Not cool.

We will be on Stone's side tonight - wish I'd gotten 10c seats, but I'm feeling lucky to have gotten anything - didn't realize it was memorial day weekend when the tickets originally went on sale.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008