Official Camden 1 Setlist Thread

Comments

• Stryker,
    we met Thursday berfore the show in Loge 12 before you had to move. You enjoy the show (stupid question, I know...) How was your drive back? Have fun tomorrow!
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
  • AliveinFLAliveinFL Posts: 567
    Same 3 closers as Boston 2.
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • [size=+2]Star Spangled Banner tag[/size]
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Stryker420 wrote:
    Soild set. Nothing "wow", though.

Agreed. Well, Leash, but we'll have to wait and see if it becomes common before making that judgement...
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
  • drewman74drewman74 Posts: 8
    That WAS sarcasm right??

no. the shows that i've been to, its played during the main set. just saying that its the first time i've read about it being played in the encore portion of a show, that's all. just an observation.
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    Stryker,
    we met Thursday berfore the show in Loge 12 before you had to move. You enjoy the show (stupid question, I know...) How was your drive back? Have fun tomorrow!

hey, whats up! The drive was ok. I drove an hour then slept in my car and finished the drive the next day. Oh, and I didn't really move too far from where you saw me last. I think you were in row 6, I ended up in row 11. There was a empty seat the whole night! What an awesome show that was. I'm so happy I was there. And thanks, I plan to have a blast tomorrow.
  • drewman74 wrote:
    no. the shows that i've been to, its played during the main set. just saying that its the first time i've read about it being played in the encore portion of a show, that's all. just an observation.

Ahh ok fair enough. I think I've seen it in the encore before. I just don't remember which of my shows I saw it there at.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Yeah, I was in row 7...GREAT show. Glad all went well. I'm off to sleep...se y'all later - not tomorrow night, as I'll be on a plane back to Denver, so enjoy the set watch!
  • sunlesssunless Posts: 83
    Agreed. Well, Leash, but we'll have to wait and see if it becomes common before making that judgement...

How about don't judge, just enjoy.
    Ask, I'm an ear
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    sunless wrote:
    How about don't judge, just enjoy.

Opinions and such...
  • I was once comparing different Humboldt strains of chronic with a buddy of mine. Another chimed in with the old addage "you're splitting purple hairs".

It's tough to sit in front of a computer and compare shows by the setlist you see...

Two nights ago that setlist would have freaked everyone out- with the playing of Leash- already numb are you? Already ready for the next level?

Just enjoy...

See you in Cincy

JB
  • eddiez74eddiez74 Posts: 5
    too many hits! Maybe I am spoiled after seeing them in Philly in October, 2005, but I was hoping to not hear Evenflow AND Better Man AND Jeremy AND Daughter etc...

But they still sounded incredible tonight. The new songs all sounded great. I don't mean to be negative, just wish Sunday night's show was more about the hits than tonight's show, since it was the original one. But it was still great!
  • Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Uggghhh, more setlist whining...Anybody who would complain with a second encore like this should be officially banned from seeing any more shows period:

SOLAT, Blood, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, RITFW, YL - star spangled banner

Of course, if you fellas were at this show, you would have had the time of your life.... Stop reading setlists on-line....You are killing PJ for yourselves...They are Gods, worship them.
  • jjm33jjm33 Posts: 201
    Songs pretty much eliminated for Sunday which I wanted to hear:

Present Tense (somewhere along the line this became my favorite live song)
    Leash
    Small Town
    I am Mine

Not complaining, just looking into my crystal ball...
  • superfuzzsuperfuzz Posts: 45
    Too many hits is right...its always great cause its PJ, but I dont care...thats was an absurd amount of radio songs...I love them, but wow, its just dissapointing to see Bostons sets and then this...I did this same thing in 03, got my hopes up for a crazy set after Boston and well.......welp, heres to hoping tomorrows better
    8/25/98, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 7/1/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/11/04, 9/13/05, 9/28/05, 5/20/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/23/06, 6/24/06, 8/05/07, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08...8/16/08 (EV), 8/17/08 (EV)
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    The first encore was weak.

But a good show nonetheless...I think tomorrow night..errr...tonight is going to knock us all on our asses.

P.S.
    I am quite pink from staying out in the sun all day today :)
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • superfuzz wrote:
    Too many hits is right...

gettin 'em out of the way for tomorrow.
    Camden II is gonna have a SICK SET!

what do you want?

second encore was fUCKING RIDICULOUS ...

i almost had to go to the hospital from sweating out all my fluids!
    :D

DELIGHT IN OUR TRUTH! ! !
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    gettin 'em out of the way for tomorrow.
    Camden II is gonna have a SICK SET!

what do you want?

second encore was fUCKING RIDICULOUS ...

i almost had to go to the hospital from sweating out all my fluids!
    :D

DELIGHT IN OUR TRUTH! ! !

You're right, the second encore was great...but the weak first encore took a lot of the crowd right out of the show. During the main set we had all of our section with us standing and singing, but when the first encore started, a ton sat down (a few even LEFT) and just never got back up.

I admit...I leaned against the folded up seat, but that's cause my poor feet were screaming from doing the fundraiser from 3-8 and then the show from 8:30 - 11:30.

JMHO.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • pghaspghas Posts: 128
    see now, thats the beauty right now of having listened to and followed this band for 15 years, bought a ton of bootlegs and yet somehow never seen them, And Thursady will be my first. If I had seen that 30-song set tonight, I would have been as happy as a pig in shit, I'd love to hear some of my favorite rarities, like Breath, but I also wanna hear Even Flow and Alive and all the new stuff. I remember how it feels, when the Dead would roll into town and you'd go to 8 consecutive shows and if you got repeats or songs you didn't like you were bored. Its so nice not to be jaded about this band, Im so ridiculously pumped for this week!
  • pghas wrote:
    see now, thats the beauty right now of having listened to and followed this band for 15 years, bought a ton of bootlegs and yet somehow never seen them, And Thursady will be my first. If I had seen that 30-song set tonight, I would have been as happy as a pig in shit, I'd love to hear some of my favorite rarities, like Breath, but I also wanna hear Even Flow and Alive and all the new stuff. I remember how it feels, when the Dead would roll into town and you'd go to 8 consecutive shows and if you got repeats or songs you didn't like you were bored. Its so nice not to be jaded about this band, Im so ridiculously pumped for this week!

HERE HERE!

It reminds me of my friends that would talk for hours about Phish or Cheese or DMB shows. It drove me nuts.

I've seen PJ 15 times, and after each one I swear that I just saw the perfect show and the best I'd seen to date. To know that PJ fans are complaining about even the most petty of such things is what bums me out.

Spliting hairs.
  • Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    Its funny how the setlist gets bitched about and scrutinized. I have been fortunate enough to see PJ 3 times in 15 years (9/96 Toledo, 4/03 Cleveland, 4/03 Pittsburgh). Coming out of the Toledo show I was a bit dissappointed because everything was played SOOO fast. I thought the Cleveland show was PERFECT for what I wanted to hear. The next night in Pittsburgh I thought was a good show BUT Cleveland was better for my personal setlist. HOWEVER, with some song overlapped naturally, I was able to hear the ones I wanted to hear that were not played the previous night.

I dont know where I am going with this because I have had some drinks, so I guess my point is just be happy you get to see what you saw. 3 years ago I wouldnt be on a message board reading about what setlists were played so I would show up "blind"

I go to a PJ concert with about 10 songs I would like to hear and they can do the rest the way they want to :)

BTW.....I just bought my Vegas tickets (section 211 Row H) It will be my first concert since moving to Vegas........done ranting....gonna go open more wine
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • trebmaltrebmal Posts: 102
    I wonder if they'll play leash so much now it will become some peoples bathroom break song? :-P
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    trebmal wrote:
    I wonder if they'll play leash so much now it will become some peoples bathroom break song? :-P
    I was just reading that thread.......lol
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • trebmaltrebmal Posts: 102
    Gators76 wrote:
    I was just reading that thread.......lol

there's a thread about what I just said? LOL I was just kidding around... I just got back from another concert in boston...3 shows in one week and two being PJ...i'm showed out...until Monday :p LOL i've gotta go pass out now
    9.15.98, 8.29.00, 8.30.00, 7.02.03, 7.03.03, 7.11.03 Mansfield, MA | 9.28.04, 9.29.04 Boston, MA, 5.12.06 Albany, NY | 5.13.06 Hartford, CT | 5.24, 5.25.06 Boston, MA | 8.05.07 Chicago, IL (lolla) | 6.27.08 Hartford, CT | 6.28, 6.30.08 Mansfield, MA | 10.4.09 Austin, TX (ACL), 10.30 | 10.31.09, Philadelphia, PA 5.17.10 Boston, MA, 10.15 | 10.16.2013 Worcester, MA, 10.25.13 Hartford, CT, 10.16.14 Detroit, MI, 4.18.16 Hampton, VA, 5.1 | 5.2.16 NYC, 8.5 | 8.7.16 Boston, MA, 7.3.18 Kraków, PL | 8.8 - 8.10.18 Seattle, WA | 8.13.18 Missoula, MT | 8.18.18 Chicago, IL | 9.2 - 9.4.18 Boston, MA | 9.18.21 Asbury Park, NJ | 9.1.22 Québec City, CAN | 9.3.22 Ottawa, CAN
  • Wow. I'm hoping that this a "philly fans will bitch about anything" thing more than a "PJ fans will bitch about anything" issue.

Too many "Hits"? What, they shouldn't play anything people like?

Bland encores? Yeah, well, they did just play that Leash song last night. How repetitive. And you got Come Back. And Alive as a set closer. Fucking Alive!!!

Evenflow? How anyone could complain after watching Mike solo on even flow.... I've been to 16 shows. I'm 16 for 16 with Evenflow. I can't wait to hear it Thursday night

Some of you people make me sick. it's like you want 33 new songs every night
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    beautiful :)

(coming from someone who will see em live for the first time november)
    wah
  • I love PJ and have been weary of this board....i was afraid i might bump into "bored" PJ fans.......and here they are....

anywho, this may yet be my last post ever and i am sure y'all will be glad to hear that,

but WMMR reported that there were 27,200 in attendance, which I found near impossible, but they repeated themselves about 4 times. With those numbers, how can they NOT play to undoubtedly thousands of first timers.

Yes, forgive me, I said SHut up and sing Eddie during the DNA thing....

Yes, I yawned a bit during EVEN FLOW, right up until Mike McCready took over, as usual.

I knew not that Leash was played in Boston, but when it ripped, it was like a gravity bomb went off and Eddie became a fucking vacuum cleaner. I had an aisle seat center left loge, and muther fuckers were running, hell, FLYING to try to get closer. And it shook me silly too, I wound up swing my fucking arms out whackng my poor wife in the nose!...(she forgave me- ...she was too busy shouting her ass off to notice!)

the national anthem thing? very interesting, very well played...the philly true blues were trying to sing the fucking song but Mike had different plans as to when the next verse would actually start....

PS...it was a typical CAMDEN show,..very heavy tailgate...all day..memorial day...also, the weather was surprisingly HUMID and very warm (85+)...Eddie had a towel over his head i think right after DTE, losing his jacket and a shirt I believe early early on...I think it cost them a bit later....

Finally, fuck plz forgive the newbie rant, FUCKING SEVERED HAND is TOOOOO CRAZY COOL....cya in about 12 hours back there....and yeah it will be another warm one...............
    5..5..5..5against1..& feelin ok about my chances
  • whatevermanwhateverman Posts: 71
    I sure wish I could have been there and if I was I wouldn't be bitching about shit!
    Rapid City 98
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    Leash is now a staple. Take that you fuckin setlist whiners. Hahaha.

Edit: BTW I'm sure it was a GREAT show. Tomorrow Will be sweet too.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • HubcapHubcap Posts: 15
    bunch or whiners waaaahhhhhh weak set. Come on they rocked out. Its Pearl Jam for gods sake...Loved the show.