Comments

• cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    IamMine wrote:
    Hahaha...now will everyone shut up?

;):D

i wouldnt bet on it :D:p

Haha, an awesome rocker!!! ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • I hope you guys dont mind me saying, but dont be so spolied!
    Seriously, the encore is kinda boring??? what?
    Theyre playing a show and theyre giving themselves to us, fans,
    having a great time...
    I dunno, id be happy to hear ANYTHING, but thats just me. :D

its Pearl Jam, for the love of it! :D

Peace,

Sid

don't take this as being directed at you, but i think we have some right to be frustrated as fans. i mean, they have a huge catalog that we enjoy, i dont like when they turn into a jukebox like this.

i'm going to stop though, i feel something good coming...
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    [size=+2]Blood[/size]

I hope they play that in DC too.
  • AliveinFLAliveinFL Posts: 567
    Any Pearl Jam show with the guys giving it their all is good enough for me. Being in Florida with no shows thus far, I am have a good time watching the setlist just pop up on the screen. What a life I have.
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • I think they will stick with rockers.
    You know Leash would fit in nicely right about now.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    i wouldnt bet on it :D:p

Haha, an awesome rocker!!! ;)

:D

And you're still partying with us!!

Yeahhhhhhh!!!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • blood is a step in the right direction :)
    Founding member of the "Stop the Evacuation and Riot Act Hating!" Club -- Join Now

PJ Top 16 (release order)- Rats, Not For You, Nothingman, Satan's Bed, Immortality, Lukin, U, Breakerfall, Evacuation, Light Years, In The Moonlight, Save You, You Are, Man Of The Hour, Life Wasted, Unemployable
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    [size=+2]Blood[/size]

In the words of Ari, from Entourage.....

BOOM, BABY!!

that'll keep things going for the 2nd encore

follow it up with Comatose
  • [size=+2]Even Flow[/size]

*gags* Thought they had escaped that one tonight.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    I predict Comatose next after Evenflow.
    11/17/93, 9/17/95, 10/2/96, 6/27/1998, 10/21/2000, 4/13/2003, 10/8/2004, 7/6/2006, 7/7/2006, 7/9/2006, 7/10/2006, 6/12/2008, 6/16/2008,5/20-21/2010, 9/3-9/4/2011, 9/21/12, 9/22/12, EV solo Jax 11/25-11/26, 7/19/2013, 10/30/2013
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    IamMine wrote:
    Hahaha...now will everyone shut up?

;):D

No. Not a big fan of Blood.
  • I think they will stick with rockers.
    You know Leash would fit in nicely right about now.

Indeed it would...but 2 showss in a row? MAYBE tomorrow, but I'd be surprised if they played it tonight (watch it get played as I post this...)
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
  • barring something crazy, this is going down as the worst setlist of the tour so far.

don't take this as being directed at you, but i think we have some right to be frustrated as fans. i mean, they have a huge catalog that we enjoy, i dont like when they turn into a jukebox like this.

i'm going to stop though, i feel something good coming...

Yeah, I hear you, but sometimes I feel like ppl on here would like to write the setlist for them...which makes me...uhm...Uncomfortable... :cool:

I understand your point of view, but i dont *approve* it...I cant find the right word instead of *approve* :o
    You get my point, i hope... :D
  • Indeed it would...but 2 showss in a row? MAYBE tomorrow, but I'd be surprised if they played it tonight (watch it get played as I post this...)

I agree with you. I was just sayin. lol
  • Yeah, I hear you, but sometimes I feel like ppl on here would like to write the setlist for them...which makes me...uhm...Uncomfortable... :cool:

I understand your point of view, but i dont *approve* it...I cant find the right word instead of *approve* :o

agree to disagree...to each their own. we both love this band, so it's all good.

• nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Just listened to Blood from Atlanta '94.

What an insane live song!
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • TorontoPJFanTorontoPJFan Posts: 133
    IamMine wrote:

Yeahhhhhhh!!!

I said Yeah!
    How could she say to me, "love will find a way?"

Toronto Molson Amphitheatre 06.28.2003
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.09.2006
    Toronto A.C.C. 05.10.2006
  • Can I honestly ask why they insist on Even Flow, DTE, Alive, and YL every night this tour (or every tour for EF and DTE)? I mean, all are great songs but NONE of them are my favorites or worth hearing every night. Hell, I haven't seen that many shows and I'm sick of them...oh well...at least the band is playing.
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
  • Yeah, I hear you, but sometimes I feel like ppl on here would like to write the setlist for them...which makes me...uhm...Uncomfortable... :cool:

and why WOULDN'T you want to write the setlist for them?? :)

• Can I honestly ask why they insist on Even Flow, DTE, Alive, and YL every night this tour (or every tour for EF and DTE)? I mean, all are great songs but NONE of them are my favorites or worth hearing every night. Hell, I haven't seen that many shows and I'm sick of them...oh well...at least the band is playing.

my thoughts exactly.

IamMine wrote:

Yeahhhhhhh!!!

Yeah, what can I say? Im an addict! :D
    And I LOVE Pearl Jam! ;)
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I think with Even Flow and Alive, you're guaranteeing a huge ovation, singalong, and reaction from any crowd. It's a safe play to probably get the crowd amped up.

The versions of both from Thursday night, even though they were played Wednesday as well, was unbelievable.
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Goddamn, most bands play the same fucking setlist night after night, and you guys complain when Pearl Jam doesn't pull a magic fucking rarity out of their hat one night?

Seriously, anyone complaining about this setlist is a spoiled pussy. Get over yourselves and appreciate the band for being bold enough to change up their setlist every night instead of being like the other 95% of bands out there who play the same exact setlist at every show, even when they play the same arena back-to-back.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • seriously, what do you think the % is of fans who want to hear the deep cuts? 20-30%. I think most people go to see PJ hoping for Black, Even Flow, Jeremy, betterman, etc... Personally, I love stuff like Sad, Down, In Hiding, in My Tree, etc... In fact, my dream song to hear would be Hold On. But I think they have to gear their setlist, at least somewhat, to what most people want to hear. Also, every night can't be the greatest set ever. You can't play leash for the first time in 12 years every night. My point is, I can never complain about a setlist. Any show is a great show
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I said Yeah!

*high five*

*slips 20* Gimme another one!

What ya think so far?

I'm thinking people are expecting way too much, now that PJ has set their standard bar high from the beginning.

Maybe there's a reason for that - the crowd or something?

I notice the 2nd show is "usually" set for the diehards.

That's why they play the many hits for old fans who only listened to Ten album and never came back till now. :)

Or for new fans. :D

Spread the jam!!

By the way, I LOVE Even Flow. :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    barring something crazy, this is going down as the worst setlist of the tour so far.
    your nuts, that first set is sick.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • [size=+2] comatose[/size]

Feel it rising!!! LOVE this song!!
    I was right, Comatose.
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    Indeed it would...but 2 showss in a row? MAYBE tomorrow, but I'd be surprised if they played it tonight (watch it get played as I post this...)

They played Breath at MSG 2 and Hartford in '98. Those were back to back shows with a day in between. Same as Boston 2 and Camden 1 this week. So, it could happen.