Options

Chris Cornell UK tour!!!!

Comments

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I loved the Shepherd's Bush show in 2009 :shock: :mrgreen: around 30 songs.

I saw him several times (I think 5) with the backing band (the only bad one for me was Scala) so will be interested to see the acoustic solo show.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    I enjoyed Shepherds Bush a lot, just not the Scream songs. We went for a tab when they came on!
  • Options
    chime wrote:

I saw him several times (I think 5) with the backing band (the only bad one for me was Scala) so will be interested to see the acoustic solo show.

Oh god, that Scala gig... still mentally scarred from that! I'm so glad he didn't carry down that path for too long. I can't believe the Shepherds Bush gig was just a week or so after, it was like a completely different artist, and I rate it as one of the best gigs I've been to in the last 10 years.
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:
    chime wrote:

Oh god, that Scala gig... still mentally scarred from that! I'm so glad he didn't carry down that path for too long. I can't believe the Shepherds Bush gig was just a week or so after, it was like a completely different artist, and I rate it as one of the best gigs I've been to in the last 10 years.

The only good thing about the Scala gig was the support act who had been drafted in last minute. He was good value :lol:
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Anyone got the email yet?

No debate is needed, this songbook tour is going to wipe the floor with that band he had. I've heard tens and tens of bootlegs and it's just such an amazing show. Just hope to hit up as many as I can to hear as many diff songs.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Scream acoustic is actually pretty darn good. Everyone should go see him if you have the chance. I think Chris is in such a good place right now, and it really comes across when you see him and hear him talk. It's so wonderful to experience.

Not to mention that he is so talented, his voice has never sounded better in my opinion. And he looks hot in jeans :lol::lol:
  • Options
    DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    Ticket prices range from £29.50 to £35, for the London show at least. I expect the other shows will be similar. I'm pretty bummed out the London date couldn't have been the 17th, but that's being entirely selfish! :lol:

Enjoy all you who will be going, I bet it will be a great show! :D
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Suziemay wrote:
    Scream acoustic is actually pretty darn good. Everyone should go see him if you have the chance. I think Chris is in such a good place right now, and it really comes across when you see him and hear him talk. It's so wonderful to experience.

Not to mention that he is so talented, his voice has never sounded better in my opinion. And he looks hot in jeans :lol::lol:

Scream itself is bloody great live. The bit at the end when he is like "I used to think silence is golden" is just brilliant!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    See Tickets have said that ticket prices are still to be confirmed to them
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

They've got prices up on their site....

http://www.seetickets.com/Event/CHRIS-C ... ium/620255
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

So is it gigsandtours.com for the presale on Thurs, and then SeeTickets.com for the general sale on Fri?
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Thank you :D

I had asked about Manchester which wasn't on there earlier but I can't see the prices are gonna differ!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:
    dottles wrote:

So is it gigsandtours.com for the presale on Thurs, and then SeeTickets.com for the general sale on Fri?

Gigsandtours will be selling them on friday too, I'm pretty sure they're one and the same company anyway....
  • Options
    Post on the Chris Cornell facebook page:

"Due to a technical problem, some UK fans on Chris Cornell's mailing list did not receive the password for the UK tour presale which begins tomorrow, Thursday, 23 February at 9 AM via http://www.gigsandtours.com/chriscornell/. If you wish to take part, the password is "songbook2012" (not case sensitive). More shows across the continent will be announced shortly. Further info at chriscornell.com."
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    This thread is killing me :cry: I want to go to the London show so badly
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Post on the Chris Cornell facebook page:

"Due to a technical problem, some UK fans on Chris Cornell's mailing list did not receive the password for the UK tour presale which begins tomorrow, Thursday, 23 February at 9 AM via http://www.gigsandtours.com/chriscornell/. If you wish to take part, the password is "songbook2012" (not case sensitive). More shows across the continent will be announced shortly. Further info at chriscornell.com."

:lol: well at least we all know for sure now :D
  • Options
    Does anyone know the maximum amount of tickets that can be bought on the pre-sale?
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    Gigsandtours will be selling them on friday too, I'm pretty sure they're one and the same company anyway....

They are. Good luck everyone trying for these.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Does anyone know the maximum amount of tickets that can be bought on the pre-sale?

6 we believe
  • Options
    Stalls row B for London :D
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    D for me. Stalls went fast!
  • Options
    SG GhazSG Ghaz Posts: 148
    Nice, I only managed to snag row T. Did you buy from the 1st or 3rd button?

Also, I hate these stacked tour announcements. I'm sure now that I have London tickets, he'll announce a date in Norway later.
    Manchester & London 2009
    Dublin, Belfast & Werchter 2010
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 & Oslo 2012
  • Options
    Thanks for the presale password; im on of the ones who didnt get an email!

Anyway, just got two tickets for the Lowry fairly easily.

Very reasonable priced too.

It's actually payday for me today, which is a much better time to buy tickets than a week before Christmas! :cry:
  • Options
    Got 2 dead centre in row F stalls for London which is awesome! Can't wait for this :D Seemed to sell out mega quick, I wonder how many seats were in the pre-sale?
  • Options
    Row C centre for Manchester :D
  • Options
    Hoorah ! That was easy enough :)

Row 5 at Palladium
    Second Row at Birmingham
    Second at Manchester.

Wonderful. Thanks CC et al.

Wonder if Ed might pop along to Birmingham the night before PJ do Manc ... ?
    Nice thought at least ...
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    Pair in Row E for London checking in :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Which seats Pippa?