Options

Chris Cornell UK tour!!!!

facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
edited July 2012 in Other Music
http://www.nme.com/news/soundgarden/62129

Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell has announced a short UK tour for this June.

The singer, who released his third solo album 'Scream' in 2009 and an acoustic live album 'Songbook' last year, will play three shows across the UK this summer.

The dates begin at London Palladium on June 18, with Cornell then moving on to Birmingham's Symphony Hall on June 19. He will round things off at Newcastle's City Hall on June 20.

The shows will follow Soundgarden's European tour, which include a slot at this summer's Download festival.

The reunited grunge band are currently working on their first album since 1996's 'Down On The Upside'. It is expected to emerge later this year.

Chris Cornell will play:

London Palladium (June 18)
Birmingham Symphony Hall (19)
Newcastle City Hall (20)

Tickets go onsale on Friday (January 24) at 9am (GMT). To check the availability of Chris Cornell tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sweet 8-)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Sweet! Though check the ticket onsale date! A bit of a typo! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Sweet! Though check the ticket onsale date! A bit of a typo! :mrgreen:

Lol, I didn't notice that, I was too excited! Think I'm gonna have to fake a dentist's appointment or something so I can go home and book them!
  • Options
    It's all seated at the Palladium, isn't it?
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    It's all seated at the Palladium, isn't it?

Yeah to my knowledge it is.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Woop! I shall be trying for London too.

So chances of Mr Cornell gracing us with his presence at Manchester 2??? :shock: :mrgreen:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Me too... 4th/5th row back dead center would be good (closer you'll be seeing up his nose!) :lol:
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Woop! I shall be trying for London too.

So chances of Mr Cornell gracing us with his presence at Manchester 2??? :shock: :mrgreen:

But I'm only going to Manchester 1 :cry:
  • Options
    DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    Arghh!!!

I WISH it was the 17th in London instead of the 18th! I have an empty night there, and that would have been amazing!!! :(

Anyone know the likelihood of another show being added? How well do his shows normally sell?
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    DavieB wrote:
    Arghh!!!

I WISH it was the 17th in London instead of the 18th! I have an empty night there, and that would have been amazing!!! :(

Anyone know the likelihood of another show being added? How well do his shows normally sell?

Haha me too! I'm going to Tom Petty on the 18th.
  • Options
    Manchester - Saturday, June 16th - Lowry

http://chriscornell.com/news/detail/chr ... to_europe/
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    DavieB wrote:
    Arghh!!!

Haha me too! I'm going to Tom Petty on the 18th.

Same here!! I would have been bouncing about the place had it been the 17th instead!

Oh well, can't see everyone... It's just annoying that I'm never down to London, and they happen to be playing the same night!! Fingers crossed for a Night 2 (or rather a Night 1!) :D

I'm assuming this is unlikely though...
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Wow jealous!!! Now if he can 'happen' to be in Prague on July 1 that would be kinda perfect :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Yeah blow my mind!!
  • Options
    simonorton wrote:

:D Looks like a few of us will be heading to this one I think.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    simonorton wrote:

Maybe....... :lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    simonorton wrote:

You're coming ;)
  • Options
    That's gonna be a lot of nights at the hotel in Manchester.....
  • Options
    Wow Manchester too
  • Options
    Definitely wont be a 2nd (1st) night anyway - Palladium is hosting the Wizard of Oz almost every night for the next few months, including the 17th of June... Which makes me wonder - why, out of all the venues in London, is he playing the Palladium in the first place, and also... will there be a Wizard of Oz backdrop during the show? :lol:

Oh well, hopefully he'll show face at one of the PJ Manchester shows! :)
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

You're coming ;)

We'll see, we have to get tickets yet but it would be good :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    What great news to come home from a crappy day at work too!

He is playing near my neck of the woods on the 20th June but I will be at PJ! I will be trying for the Manchester date instead. Wish I had previously signed to his mailing list.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options

He is playing near my neck of the woods on the 20th June but I will be at PJ! I will be trying for the Manchester date instead. Wish I had previously signed to his mailing list.
    I'm on the list, I don't think an announcement even came through yet so don't think that would have helped if it makes you feel any better :) Fastest way to Chris Cornell/Soundgarden news seems to be on Facebook/Twitter, or here :D
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

I'm on the list, I don't think an announcement even came through yet so don't think that would have helped if it makes you feel any better :) Fastest way to Chris Cornell/Soundgarden news seems to be on Facebook/Twitter, or here :D

I think he meant for any pre-sale passwords.
    I thought I was on the mailing list but my email got accepted again so it looks like I wasn't. Might still be in luck if the announcement to the mailing list hasn't come out yet.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I thought I was on the mailing list but my email got accepted again so it looks like I wasn't. Might still be in luck if the announcement to the mailing list hasn't come out yet.
    Oh, hmm. I bet you could still sign up now and still get it, right? Worth a try!

I sooo wanna go!!
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I was a member of the forum when that was around but I don't think I was on the mailing list. Hoping I get one as it would make things a lot easier.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    simonorton wrote:

4 days before PJ works great for me :D Looking at the dates, could we have a TOTD reunion at Manc 2? I hope so!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Any ideas on what the ticket prices will be? June is gonna be a great month but the start of the year is killing my bank balance!!!!!!!

June so far is Donnington for Soundgarden, 2 nights in Manchester with Pearl Jam, and now this!
  • Options
    Any ideas on what the ticket prices will be? June is gonna be a great month but the start of the year is killing my bank balance!!!!!!!

June so far is Donnington for Soundgarden, 2 nights in Manchester with Pearl Jam, and now this!

Will be very interesting. I'm guessing £30? Optimistic.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:

Will be very interesting. I'm guessing £30? Optimistic.

£30 would be great, but can't help feeling that it'll be closer to £50!!!! :roll: