Reference to Jeremy Lin and PJ

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I think Cheetos was responsible for Nick Anderson 81?

Peanut butter covered Cheetos

:lol:

does being fat impact ft shooting?...or was the cheeto dust caussing ball slippage
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    You are aware that as of right now the NBA isn't even letting him participate in the Rookie and Sophomore game, right?

Dude, if you think he deserves to be on the All Star team you have some serious issues.

nba is working on getting him to orlando right now....he'll be there....

Yeah, I like the disclaimer - as of right now. Holy crap. Can't be wrong then?

Anyway - he does not deserve All star game this year, and who can even talk about next year?

Best part I love is - last night after the game, he's being interviewed on court, and he looks like all of us would be - laughing at the moment (in a gee whiz this is really happening sort of way), just in disbelief of what is happening and appreciative of it. What a seemingly really down to earth person.

And every time you turn on a game at the end, its unbelievable - Hits go ahead free throw, next game conventional 3 ptr to tie, pull up 3 pter to win. Next game 13 assists in 27 minutes!!!?!! Read that again - in a professional basketball game - 13 Assists in 27 minutes. I know there's no place that has that sort of statistic. But, one wonders how often John Stockton did that. I'm sure he did a bunch of times. But, that seems unfathomable to me. I don't care the competition.

Maybe, it won't last. But, again - his main skill set including cracking ankles of well regarding defenders does not simply fade away with a major injury or age. Forget the shooting. That's cherry.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • FUN FACT about Jim Jackson:

Both he and Jason Kidd were banging toni Braxton at the same time. This caused a huge rift between them and fucked up the team.
    edited February 2012
    81 wrote:
    You are aware that as of right now the NBA isn't even letting him participate in the Rookie and Sophomore game, right?

Dude, if you think he deserves to be on the All Star team you have some serious issues.

nba is working on getting him to orlando right now....he'll be there....

Yeah, I like the disclaimer - as of right now. Holy crap. Can't be wrong then?

Anyway - he does not deserve All star game this year, and who can even talk about next year?

Best part I love is - last night after the game, he's being interviewed on court, and he looks like all of us would be - laughing at the moment (in a gee whiz this is really happening sort of way), just in disbelief of what is happening and appreciative of it. What a seemingly really down to earth person.

And every time you turn on a game at the end, its unbelievable - Hits go ahead free throw, next game conventional 3 ptr to tie, pull up 3 pter to win. Next game 13 assists in 27 minutes!!!?!! Read that again - in a professional basketball game - 13 Assists in 27 minutes. I know there's no place that has that sort of statistic. But, one wonders how often John Stockton did that. I'm sure he did a bunch of times. But, that seems unfathomable to me. I don't care the competition.

Maybe, it won't last. But, again - his main skill set including cracking ankles of well regarding defenders does not simply fade away with a major injury or age. Forget the shooting. That's cherry.

how bout 27 in 36 minutes, plus 18 points on 8 of 12 shooting and only 2 turnovers to boot vs the Knicks no less

http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 90NYK.html
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited February 2012
    Rossum20 wrote:
    You should remember that you don't know very much about sports (and that's ok), but it'll at least prevent you Let's stick with your original "he won't be in existence in 2 years" argument. I can't stand all this flip flopping. I argue your points and then you change them. I feel like I'm having a debate with a tea party member.

I never said that he won't be in existence. That's your bad grammar and I'm offended you think I said that. Do you know how to use quotes properly? Because when you quote someone, you should actually use the words the individual used.

Flip flopping what? I've said he is a below average NBA player. and by that I mean he is closer to being a bench player than he is to being a quality player.
    By what standards, you dullard?

What the fuck have you seen from Jeremy Lin before his starts? THE DUDE WAS UN-DRAFTED AND HE WAS A BACK UP.

What more do you want from him? You're discrediting this guy because you're bitter, and you do not want to see him do well.

Let's tone down the dullard stuff and just discuss the points.

But, Jim Calhoun has a quote where he's a top echelon player (UCONN v Harvard 2009). Maybe, that's why he's got 3 rings. Too bad he hadn't seen it 4 years sooner.

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mbkb/2009-10/releases/091210_MBB_Quotes

Note date on quotes. and one refrencing Steve Nash. Maybe, someone should have listened sooner.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Callaway wrote:

If you think the NBA isn't about hype then you got serious problems. There is a reason the Lakers and Celtics have been in damn near 3/4th of all the NBA finals. It's rigged for these major markets. The Knicks fall third on this rigged list.

Actually, the NBA is rigged primarily to make sure playoff series go to seventh games for TV ratings. There may very well be some bias towards large market teams, but to claim that is why the Celtics and Lakers have had the success they have had is pretty ridiculous.

Also, the Knicks, playing in New York, would be #1 on that list, not #3, would they not? And the Knicks have not set the world on fire with NBA titles.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 81 wrote:

how bout 27 in 36 minutes, plus 18 points on 8 of 12 shooting and only 2 turnovers to boot vs the Knicks no less

Yeah, but what did he do in the FIRST 27 minutes ;)

(You do know I think the 2 should not even be mentioned in the same breath).
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Rossum20 wrote:
    You should remember that you don't know very much about sports (and that's ok), but it'll at least prevent you Let's stick with your original "he won't be in existence in 2 years" argument. I can't stand all this flip flopping. I argue your points and then you change them. I feel like I'm having a debate with a tea party member.

I never said that he won't be in existence. That's your bad grammar and I'm offended you think I said that. Do you know how to use quotes properly? Because when you quote someone, you should actually use the words the individual used.

Flip flopping what? I've said he is a below average NBA player. and by that I mean he is closer to being a bench player than he is to being a quality player.

Sorry for paraphrasing you. I sincerely apologize. I had no idea you were so sensitive. Here is your exact quote - I have no idea how I could confuse such opposite ideas.
    No one will know who he is in 2 years.

So no one will know who he is, and he is basically a bench player in your eyes...except in the real world he's not? Got it.

You compared Tebow to Lin - and then I did the same only to have you tell me I can't compare the sports. AGAIN, WHICH IS IT?

That, and just about everything else you've said....this is the tech age guy, people can go back and actually READ what you wrote preceding your most current post...you know that, right? Heave-ho. Keep digging, pal.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    81 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I think Cheetos was responsible for Nick Anderson 81?

Peanut butter covered Cheetos

does being fat impact ft shooting?...or was the cheeto dust caussing ball slippage

Only Oliver Miller was bigger, but he was a F/C

Anderson was a SG/SF....... He hung around Shaq too much
    81 wrote:

how about a 29 minute game

11 assists
    22 points on 10 of 15 shooting

http://www.basketball-reference.com/box ... 80UTA.html
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

11 assists

This is getting ridiculous. Jeremy Lin is good and for real but he is NOT JOHN STOCKTON.
  • 81 wrote:

11 assists

This is getting ridiculous. Jeremy Lin is good and for real but he is NOT JOHN STOCKTON.

Follow along. Nobody's saying that.

And to the more mature smoking baby - I'd expect more out of you - 29 > 27 and he still couldn't get to the unlintainable assist mark. :lol:
  • Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    edited February 2012
    “It’s unbelievable,” Lin told WFAN’s Boomer & Carton on Thursday morning. “I don’t really have words right now to explain it.”

And — surprise! — it might all be because of Carmelo Anthony.

Lin insisted any notion that Anthony is “selfish” and unable to share the spotlight should be thrown out the window. In fact, it was Anthony who convinced coach Mike D’Antoni to give Lin a chance.

“I’m just confused, because he’s the one who vouched for me in the first place,” said Lin. “We want to play together and we want to work together and we’re buying into that. You know, some people are calling Melo selfish and (saying) ‘He doesn’t buy into the team.’ I mean, that’s just tough for anyone to hear. Especially when we don’t think it’s true.”

The question is whether the Knicks will continue to have success with Anthony in the mix. D’Antoni said Wednesday that the superstar, out since Feb. 7 with a strained groin, could return as early as Friday.

Lin said there won’t be any issues sharing the court.

“I don’t want to come out here and shoot 20 shots a game,” he said. “But if that’s what the defense gives me, on those nights that’s what I’m gonna have to do.”
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    edited February 2012
    Post edited by Callaway on
    unlintainable

boooooo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Rossum20 wrote:
    “It’s unbelievable,” Lin told WFAN’s Boomer & Carton on Thursday morning. “I don’t really have words right now to explain it.”

And — surprise! — it might all be because of Carmelo Anthony.

Lin insisted any notion that Anthony is “selfish” and unable to share the spotlight should be thrown out the window. In fact, it was Anthony who convinced coach Mike D’Antoni to give Lin a chance.

“I’m just confused, because he’s the one who vouched for me in the first place,” said Lin. “We want to play together and we want to work together and we’re buying into that. You know, some people are calling Melo selfish and (saying) ‘He doesn’t buy into the team.’ I mean, that’s just tough for anyone to hear. Especially when we don’t think it’s true.”

The question is whether the Knicks will continue to have success with Anthony in the mix. D’Antoni said Wednesday that the superstar, out since Feb. 7 with a strained groin, could return as early as Friday.

Lin said there won’t be any issues sharing the court.

“I don’t want to come out here and shoot 20 shots a game,” he said. “But if that’s what the defense gives me, on those nights that’s what I’m gonna have to do.”

Anyone who thinks a guy who likes to shoot can't play with a guy who likes to pass to people in easy, open scoring positions has never played or watched the sport. Melo did not have the ball in his hands all this time because he wanted to (though under the circumstances he did WANT to because that was the best way for that construct to win. I know that sounds contradictory, but 1 is an overall want, and 1 is a circumstantial want). Yes, he likes to get touches and shoot. But, I'm sure he likes to get touches in shoot in the open court. Lin isn't scoring 100 pts a game all on his lonesome. There's points to be had (and wouldn't logic also dictate ADDING a prolific scorer with a good facilitator would make the totals go up as a whole, leaving more for the individual?)
  • Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Anyone who thinks a guy who likes to shoot can't play with a guy who likes to pass to people in easy, open scoring positions has never played or watched the sport. Melo did not have the ball in his hands all this time because he wanted to (though under the circumstances he did WANT to because that was the best way for that construct to win. I know that sounds contradictory, but 1 is an overall want, and 1 is a circumstantial want). Yes, he likes to get touches and shoot. But, I'm sure he likes to get touches in shoot in the open court. Lin isn't scoring 100 pts a game all on his lonesome. There's points to be had (and wouldn't logic also dictate ADDING a prolific scorer with a good facilitator would make the totals go up as a whole, leaving more for the individual?)

soooo....what you are saying is....Stockton to Malone made sense. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Callaway wrote:
    FUN FACT about Jim Jackson:

Both he and Jason Kidd were banging toni Braxton at the same time. This caused a huge rift between them and fucked up the team.

That was actually not the truth. Jim and Jason Kidd were going to go meet her at a recording studio. Jim Jackson and Scotty Brooks instead went to a meeting with Pepsi Cola executives the night of. Jason Kidd thought Jim Jackson went without him and like the punk Jason Kidd is took it to the press that he wanted Jim Jackson traded. Jim Jackson told the real story including more about all that happened but neither one of them ever did met her. Toni Braxton about a year later said she didn't say anything because she thought it was cute. Like Jim Jackson said later, she had an album coming out called Secrets and it was good press for her.

Thanks for clearing that up.

you want more? there are more. :lol:

in reality, you should be looking at minutes per assist or assists per minute to get a fairer compairson.

i also like to look at assists * 2 + points to get a feel for what a player contributed to scoring. that doesn't take into account pass pass score plays which happen quite a bit.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    unlintainable

boooooo

I did hesitate.

My favorite (but only because my 8 year old came home with it is Too Linfinity! And Beyond!!!)

My other favorite aspect of this is racism/profiling is somehow once again acceptable. Sitting in a bar in NYC Friday night and a regular in the bar I had randomly chosen out of the blue tells the Asian waitress that she must be loving the Knicks right now. First a - I have no idea what you're talking about, but then - the oh, yeah I'm a waitress, so I'll agree conversation. I'm not sure why you have to be Asian to enjoy this. Or, why if you are Asian you have to wait for this to enjoy something. He's more American than half the Caucasians playing in the league. Fun times!
  • 81 wrote:

you want more? there are more. :lol:

in reality, you should be looking at minutes per assist or assists per minute to get a fairer compairson.

i also like to look at assists * 2 + points to get a feel for what a player contributed to scoring. that doesn't take into account pass pass score plays which happen quite a bit.

Well, I think we should look at total points in first 4 games started. I think THAT'S a fairer comparison. Booyah!!!! I win!!! I love random statistics. Nobody beats J-Lin!!!!!

And, yes - I'd like you to find more. It's got to be more exciting than watching the Cubs-Pirates. ;):lol:
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    this is quite the PJ discussion you have going on here
    And, yes - I'd like you to find more. It's got to be more exciting than watching the Cubs-Pirates. ;):lol:

you left too soon. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    conman wrote:
    this is quite the PJ discussion you have going on here

Mike McCready is a way better guitar player than Prince.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    I'm totally neutral on the subject, but theirs no doubt that the kid has potential and for someone to come on here and say that he already knows how the guys career is going to pan out just pisses me the fuck off. No one came on hear saying he's the best player ever or anything but RM22 has to act as if he knows exactly whats going to happen. And then make a NFL NBA comparison just to tell someone they can't make an NFL NBA comparison a few posts later :roll:

There was a thread started about you on AET today RM22

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=183579

For the record I'm not very found of the knicks, I'm a sixers fan now and when I was a little kid I was a heat fan back when the knicks/heat played every year in the playoffs and the knicks won. I agree that the media is blowing all of this way out of proportion but to not even give him a chance and state it as a fact that no one will know of him in 2 years is just ridiculous.
  • 81 wrote:

you left too soon. :lol:

:lol: Alpine Valley beckoned. You cannot deny the call of the wild... :lol:

Jeremy spoke in MmmSG Tonight....
    Clearly I remember
    Him picking on the D
    Seemed a harmless littl F***
    But, Mike unleashed a lion
    Nashed!!!!! his teeth and broke the Defense man's ankles
    How can I forget!!!
    Then he hit Melo with a surprise Pass
    Our jaws left hurtin
    Dropped wide open
    Just like the day
    Like the day I heard

Golden State wouldn't give affection
    And Houston was something that J-Lin wouldn't wear
    King Jeremy the wicked
    Ruled his world

Jeremy Spoke in... MmmSG tonight.

Ok. Now can this stay on the Porch? Skipped a couple verses. Feel free to add, and correct.