Did you know?

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Butterflies taste with their feet....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    mikalina wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    the length from your wrist to your elbow is the same length as your foot...

I have to get a measure tape and check this out.... ;)

I just put my foot on my arm to measure it... :lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    afroannnie wrote:
    mikalina wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    the length from your wrist to your elbow is the same length as your foot...

I have to get a measure tape and check this out.... ;)

I just put my foot on my arm to measure it... :lol:

I was thinking about doing that - but I've been so stiff lately !!!! :lol:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,779
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

I heard that too. But I don't think it's true because why isn't this the shortest sentence:

Do.

or

Go.

Having an "understood you" doesn't make a sentence incomplete, does it?
    No, it does not. I just looked.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    there are geese that are able to fly over the himalayas.. they are the highest flying birds in the world :D

and that I am VGL..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Tom Selleck was originally cast as Indiana Jones, but CBS made him turn the role down because it conflicted with Magnum P.I. (It didn't end up conflicting at all)
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Labrador Retrievers are from Newfoundland.

And Australian Shepherds are from the United States.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Labrador Retrievers are from Newfoundland.

And Australian Shepherds are from the United States.
    And Rottweiler are from Asia..
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    the Amityville horror house is not haunted and it doesn't look anything like it does in the movies
  • There are only three breeds of horses in the world that are naturally born knowing how to swim..every other breeds must learn the mechanics..Horses can also doze while walking..the frog's of their feet ( those little weird, kinda heart shaped thing, in the center of the heels on the under side of the hoof) is actually an Intra-Cardiotic muscle..meaning they use them to help pump blood back up those long old legs to the heart.. Horses also regulate their body heat with their feet to a degree as well..If knicked just right in the frog of the hoof a horse can bleed to death..I know tons of crazy animal facts..
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Do you know that most of the television show Las Veags was not filmed in Las Vegas.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    A full bladder is about the size of a softball.

Unless you are a guy at a PJ show, whose full bladder during the opening chords of "Evenflow" is about the size of a grape.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984

Unless you are a guy at a PJ show, whose full bladder during the opening chords of "Evenflow" is about the size of a grape.
    You mean at the end of the song, right?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

:shifty:
    Caveeze wrote:
    there are geese that are able to fly over the himalayas.. they are the highest flying birds in the world ...

When geese are flying in a V, there is always one line of the "V" that is longer than the other...do you know why?

........there are more geese in that line.
  • big mickbig mick Posts: 773
    81 wrote:
    It takes 43 muscles to frown :( and only 17 to smile :mrgreen:

thus, one should frown if they want to lose weight
    And 4 muscles to flip the birdie!
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • that there some very brave people out there.....

absofuckinlutely....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    conman wrote:
    the Amityville horror house is not haunted and it doesn't look anything like it does in the movies

Didn't they eventually change the windows on that place....

6a00d8341bf67c53ef01156fcc243e970c-200wi

to

17e436a-casap.jpg&res_vert=301x464&res_hor=619x464
    A violin contains about 70 separate pieces of wood!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    conman wrote:

That movie freaked me out as a kid. I never saw the remake.

that John Belushi was supposed to play Harold Ramis' role in Ghostbusters :(
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    conman wrote:

That movie freaked me out as a kid. I never saw the remake.

that John Belushi was supposed to play Harold Ramis' role in Ghostbusters :(

It still freaks me out - there is a house a few miles down the road - ( set back form the road )
    that looks like the Amityville house in the movie.... spooky. :?
    Rollings wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:
    there are geese that are able to fly over the himalayas.. they are the highest flying birds in the world ...

When geese are flying in a V, there is always one line of the "V" that is longer than the other...do you know why?

........there are more geese in that line.

the "V"Geese Line.

a.k.a. ... VGL
    Kurt Russell, Nick Nolte, Christopher Walken, Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Bill Murray and Perry King were all candidates for the role of Han Solo, as George Lucas wanted to stay away from any actors he had previously used in his films. Harrison Ford (who had played Bob Falfa in Lucas's American Graffiti) read the part of Han Solo for screen tests of other characters but wasn't originally considered for the part. During these tests George Lucas realized Harrison Ford was perfect for the role.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    afroannnie wrote:
    Kurt Russell, Nick Nolte, Christopher Walken, Jack Nicholson, Al Pacino, Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, Bill Murray and Perry King were all candidates for the role of Han Solo, as George Lucas wanted to stay away from any actors he had previously used in his films. Harrison Ford (who had played Bob Falfa in Lucas's American Graffiti) read the part of Han Solo for screen tests of other characters but wasn't originally considered for the part. During these tests George Lucas realized Harrison Ford was perfect for the role.

Christopher Walken as Han Solo... :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I would love to see his version of the bar scene with Greedo!
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    afroannnie wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

I would love to see his version of the bar scene with Greedo!

I also would have paid to hear Jack Nicholson say "Yuck it up fuzzball"
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Did You Know? - Midget Edition (according to Patton Oswalt)

1. If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, it turns into 40 gold coins.
    2. If you lose a fight to a midget, you become one
    3. If you throw a midget into a bath tub, it makes sleepy time tea
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"