Official DMB Thread

Comments

• Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    PNC was amazing!!! :)
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Just joined the Warehouse for the first time and am now super tempted to pull the trigger on Tampa tickets...

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Camden. Guys and Gals, I have 1 available for Friday night 203, row K, seat 5 and 2 available for Saturday night 202, row N, seats 65 & 66. I'd love to get face value $75ea but if you buy all 3 I'll negotiate.

thomas.omalley1@gmail.com

Peace
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Just joined the Warehouse for the first time and am now super tempted to pull the trigger on Tampa tickets...

Jimmy...

I am gathering from your posts that you have bought in to the DMB experience.

I'm glad. The band is awesome and you can count on seeing them every year.

We go to the Gorge every labour 'Dave' weekend. It's a great way to signal the beginning of fall and a nice way to cap summer off!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Got my DMB Remember Two Things Vinyl remaster in the mail today. Looks good! It appears there were about 10k issued, so not super limited.
  • Options

JimmyV said:

Jimmy...

We go to the Gorge every labour 'Dave' weekend. It's a great way to signal the beginning of fall and a nice way to cap summer off!
    Always been a casual fan but last Saturday night in Mansfield was the show when they finally hooked me for good. The acoustic openers they are doing this time around are an awesome way to start a show. I've always kinda figured I would be a big DMB fan if I had stopped and paid closer attention to them over the years. Well, they have my attention now.

My first post in the Warehouse Lounge resulted in a superfan calling me a Masshole. Little did they know I take that as a compliment. :-)

• Options
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

Jimmy...

Always been a casual fan but last Saturday night in Mansfield was the show when they finally hooked me for good. The acoustic openers they are doing this time around are an awesome way to start a show. I've always kinda figured I would be a big DMB fan if I had stopped and paid closer attention to them over the years. Well, they have my attention now.

My first post in the Warehouse Lounge resulted in a superfan calling me a Masshole. Little did they know I take that as a compliment. :-)

Completely different vibe on the Warehouse boards.

Not as fun for me.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    2 great shows in Camden this weekend.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Following the set list threads on Facebook the last few weeks has been great fun. I love how varied theirs are. When I saw them last year they closed out the encore with Two Step. This year that song was what they opened with.

• Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I ordered Remember Two Things but was drunk when I did.... 2 showed up at my doorstep and I went back and I got charged for both. If anyone wants it at cost.... Get in touch. I got one for you still sealed.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options

I ordered Remember Two Things but was drunk when I did.... 2 showed up at my doorstep and I went back and I got charged for both. If anyone wants it at cost.... Get in touch. I got one for you still sealed.

That sucks, but is hilarious at the same time.

I just got a new turntable yesterday but couldn't complete the setup because I need to extend the RCA's (they are like 3 ft). How does the LP sound? Smooth?
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Yeah I mean it's more funny than anything. I haven't had a chance to spin it yet. Plan on getting around to it this week sometime since I'm pretty busy. But yeah... I'm sure someone out there wouldn't mind one at cost.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,212
    the vinyl sounds great. unlike the big whiskey and away from the world vinyl versions, they put some effort into making the r2t vinyl worth the price. a recommended buy.
  • Options
    Awesome. Waiting for some new cables to arrive from monoprice and I have a new set of def tech floor speakers getting delivered this week. This will be the first record spun.
  • Options

Yeah I mean it's more funny than anything. I haven't had a chance to spin it yet. Plan on getting around to it this week sometime since I'm pretty busy. But yeah... I'm sure someone out there wouldn't mind one at cost.

If it was actually limited you'd be in great shape. I've only had a chance to listen to the 1st LP so far and I thought it sounded good.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Deal of the day at Popmarket $47.99

DAVE MATTHEWS BAND - VINYL BUNDLE
    Rolling Stone deemed the Dave Matthews Band the “kings of summer” in a recent “On The Road” feature, praising the mixture of new tunes and rarities they play on their sold-out tours.

Exclusive Dave Matthews Band vinyl bundle featuring three double albums including the Platinum-selling Big Whiskey And The GrooGrux King, Away From The World on clear vinyl, and for the first time ever on vinyl, DMB’s debut album, Remember Two Things.

• 3 classic albums – one unbeatable price!
    • 34 killer DMB tracks on 6 LPs!
    • Remember Two Things 2LP 180-gram individually numbered deluxe audiophile release, cut from new lacquers + download card featuring the full album & bonus tracks.
    • Big Whiskey And The GrooGrux King special edition double vinyl featuring “Funny The Way It Is,” “Why I Am” and “You & Me”
    • Away From The World on Limited Edition clear double vinyl with album digital download
  • Options
    It's an excellent deal. Only problem is that I already have RTT, and I don't like Away from the World. So spending 48 bucks on Big Whiskey won't happen.

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    damn it $44 in shipping charges.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Remember Two Things vinyl #1551 in house, open and ready to spin!

• Options
    Nami said:

what??
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    The Tampa show is less than a month away now. Yay!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    not sure if it's been mentioned but vinyl trax #4 when up for sale yesterday
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    edited June 2014
    nevermind
    Post edited by hinsey21 on
  • Options
    Am I in the minority by saying that I think the band was much better with Butch Taylor than without? I think they were at their height with him in the band. The piano made a huge difference and crafted a fuller sound. By contrast I know it's heresy but I don't love Tim with the band. He's like an axeman, thrashing on the guitar when the test of the band is in a jazz groove. I like the acoustic tours, but would trade Tim back for Butch any day.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    edited June 2014
    mrussel1 said:

Nami said:

what??
    to canada of course.

r2t sounds awesome.#7548.... quite a difference between yours JimmyV
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    I heard one estimate that they pressed 10,000 R2T's.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

I think it has to be at least 15K based on the numbers I've seen posted.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

JimmyV said:

Wow. 15,000 is a huge number. I'm all in favor of a large run, though. The artist sells more and the flippers make less. As it should be.

I wonder what the average number of records pressed is for a release that isn't limited edition?

• Options
    JimmyV said:

JK_Livin said:

JimmyV said:

Wow. 15,000 is a huge number. I'm all in favor of a large run, though. The artist sells more and the flippers make less. As it should be.

I wonder what the average number of records pressed is for a release that isn't limited edition?

The whole limited edition thing is a joke if over 5K. Away From The World was supposed to be limited as well.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 774
    Going to the show tonight. What time have they been hitting the stage for the first set?
    q