Comments

• Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Can't wait to meet everyone
    maybe i should be scared ....
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    I can't f#%kin' wait!!! I have never had anything remotely close, occupying my mind, than this Euro trip! :lol:
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    zarocat wrote:
    I can't f#%kin' wait!!! I have never had anything remotely close, occupying my mind, than this Euro trip! :lol:

Yeay, looking forward to it too :) I've been wishing the time away I can't help it.
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Meg8686 wrote:

It'll be lovely to meet you too, do come and say hi...I ran away from my first pre-party type thing, I thought it all looked a bit cliquey but I was proved so wrong
    (I've started writing a blog and stuck in some PJ tour related stuff - http://abreathandascream.blogspot.co.uk/)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    dottles wrote:
    Meg8686 wrote:

It'll be lovely to meet you too, do come and say hi...I ran away from my first pre-party type thing, I thought it all looked a bit cliquey but I was proved so wrong
    (I've started writing a blog and stuck in some PJ tour related stuff - http://abreathandascream.blogspot.co.uk/)
    Remember your wellies, dodgy basque and snorkel (don't worry, its the way we roll in the UK) :D:D
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,247
    dottles wrote:
    Meg8686 wrote:

Yeah, we don't bite, unless you try and steal our beer! :D:lol::D That Manc preparty was amazing in 2009, tbh I had the same thoughts but was cool. This should be no exception.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    big mick wrote:
    Remember your wellies, dodgy basque and snorkel (don't worry, its the way we roll in the UK) :D:D

Your new pic related to this thread? :lol::lol:

Ian, I know it was immense, I also know I am stupid... I was told the other day that someone recognised me on twitter as being part of the clique from the pit and hoped that twitter would be nicer than here and now they weren't so sure :? :?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    big mick wrote:

Ian, I know it was immense, I also know I am stupid... I was told the other day that someone recognised me on twitter as being part of the clique from the pit and hoped that twitter would be nicer than here and now they weren't so sure :? :?

Oh no! You've become part of what you didn't like! Best run while you still can... :lol::lol:
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    big mick wrote:

That is a picture of a sculpture which was part of a temporary art exhibition in Hull, there was some great stuff in there, but for some reason this caught my eye. :mrgreen:
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Oh no! You've become part of what you didn't like! Best run while you still can... :lol::lol:

:lol: more scared of then not like... I don't think we're cliquey...you lot will talk about boobs and beer with anyone :lol:
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

:lol: more scared of then not like... I don't think we're cliquey...you lot will talk about boobs and beer with anyone :lol:

You know, there's a cue for a song in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtK8inOHqes
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Don't believe them. There's a reason some of us are skipping this pre party :shock: :P
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    chime wrote:
    Don't believe them. There's a reason some of us are skipping this pre party :shock: :P
    Exactly. I know this lot and I'm not going! ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Exactly. I know this lot and I'm not going! ;):mrgreen:

You crazy Londoners with your jobs and families! Priorities people!! :P

And to agree with Leanne and Ian, we honestly don't bite... We may nibble slightly, but it's purely in an affectionate way :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    big mick wrote:
    CONTINUE THIS IS FUNNY :lol:

See now you've gone and put us all under too much pressure... We are not performing monkeys!!! (well not all of us anyway) :P

Also: page2 thread bumpage

I may get around to sorting an attendee list at some point seeing as Sian is über-busy in RL

• Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    dottles wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

I doubt anyone would complain :mrgreen:

they couldnt complain... it'd just be some muffled noise.

I don't think I've suffocated anyone yet :?

:lol::lol::lol:
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    big mick wrote:
    Olivavu wrote:
    I won't be attending the pre-party.

Never have, never will.
    Someone got cob on? Come and have a pre show beer with like minded people. :D

You can't force me! :D
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Did someone mention beer??

Will there be cider at this establishment?
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    edited March 2012
    Claireack wrote:

If there isn't then we'll smuggle some in for ya Claire! :mrgreen:
    (pretty sure there will be though :P )

(worst case scenario, my van will be in the car park and the booze cupboard WILL be full :lol: )
    Post edited by Evolutionary on

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Claireack wrote:

Yay!! :D
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

There will be if I am in attendance Claire - I do not do beer.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

We gonna get you on the jäger again then? :P

• Options
    dottles wrote:

Claire I take it... not me :sick::sick:
    ....I can buy multi coloured shots though ;)
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Claire I take it... not me :sick::sick:
    ....I can buy multi coloured shots though ;)

If you get me any sambucca or goldschlager again I will NOT be a happy bunny :evil: (I will also be an extremely drunk bunny :P )

• Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    I may get around to sorting an attendee list at some point seeing as Sian is über-busy in RL

RL = Red Leicester ?

:?:
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

i always take 'beer' to mean anything that appears in pint (or half-pint) glasses, as opposed to those lethal things that come in shot glasses or clinking around with ice. :ugeek:

hang on... cider comes with the option of ice nowadays doesn't it, youngsters ? dang, that's broken my rule of thumb... i'm confusing myself now...

*retires to corner, muttering*
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    rabrab Posts: 81
    i too am not drinking beer (at least not purely) - can't stand the taste of it. but do you british guys know beer+lemonade (we call it radler here in austria/germany), if i would order this at a pub/bar?

it's more a question of interest, because i do like cider :D - and i think this will be the beverage of my joice. the problem with "radler" is the low alcohol content ;D
    How I choose to feel, is how I am

Vienna Stadthalle - 2006
    Nova Rock Festival - 2007
    Manchester 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2 - 2012
    Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin - 2014
    Padova - 2018
    Vienna - 2020
  • Options
    rab wrote:
    i too am not drinking beer (at least not purely) - can't stand the taste of it. but do you british guys know beer+lemonade (we call it radler here in austria/germany), if i would order this at a pub/bar?

it's more a question of interest, because i do like cider :D - and i think this will be the beverage of my joice. the problem with "radler" is the low alcohol content ;D
    It's called Shandy or Lager Top.
  • Options
    big mick wrote:
    rab wrote:

and if it's a nice lady behind the bar then it's always polite to ask for a hand shandy.

trust me... they love it.
  • Options
    jrd wrote:
    big mick wrote:
    rab wrote:

and if it's a nice lady behind the bar then it's always polite to ask for a hand shandy.

trust me... they love it.

*falls off the sofa laughing* :shock: :lol: