Options

*** MANCHESTER PRE-PARTY ***

Comments

• Options
    After wading through 21 pages filled with a more than an ample amount of jiggling nibbling breast posts (which where thoroughly enjoyed I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear) I thought I'd let you know I can safely say at least two more newbies will be joining you for the 20th (and as long as we survive, the 21st). :D
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    After wading through 21 pages filled with a more than an ample amount of jiggling nibbling breast posts (which where thoroughly enjoyed I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear) I thought I'd let you know I can safely say at least two more newbies will be joining you for the 20th (and as long as we survive, the 21st). :D

Jolly good! We always welcome fresh meat! :mrgreen: :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136

Nibbling... who mentioned nibbling ....Christophe take charge!???
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Nibbling... who mentioned nibbling ....Christophe take charge!???

Ok, no-one is allowed to nibble Leanne, she has already passed the Midlands Crew initiation and therefore proven herself resistant to said nibbling.

(although if she mentions Cornwall being a separate country again, then her honorary membership will be rescinded and all non-nibbling rules will be nullified) :P

• Options
    It was in there at some point, but im not going through it all again just to find it (especially on my phone). :D
    I just put it in there as it fitted nicely in the sentence structure. Didnt mean to cause a panic :D
  • Options
    It was in there at some point, but im not going through it all again just to find it (especially on my phone). :D
    I just put it in there as it fitted nicely in the sentence structure. Didnt mean to cause a panic :D

:lol::lol: I jest don't worry, I just know what this lot are like :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    wandering briefly away from the jiggling, nibbling and um... bibbling? :? ...

The facebook event page has now breached 100 attendees :shock: :mrgreen:
    *Gratuitous link*

*wanders back to the jiggling/nibbling*
    Post edited by Evolutionary on

• Options
    dottles wrote:

*waits for The High Lord Dunk of Dunkleton to arrive and begin proceedings against the accused*
    :P

• Options
    dottles wrote:

*waits for The High Lord Dunk of Dunkleton to arrive and begin proceedings against the accused*
    :P

Dunk has only met me once :D
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Not long now folks!

And, while I think of it, I just want to encourage people to come along to this, even... actually, ESPECIALLY if you're travelling solo and terrified of meeting new people.

Although I'm not there for the night before, I will be there the afternoon of the 20th and 21st, and I've no problem meeting people and getting you talking to others on here. Please don't let "I'm on my own" be an excuse for not coming :D Feel free to shoot me a PM, ok?

We've all had to have our first time, once it's over and done with you'll regret waiting so long :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    *applauds the Jennster*
    Spot on there lass! :D

And may I echo the not being afraid of approaching sentiment... it can't be said enough ;)
    Rest assured you'll all be welcomed by whichever reprobate you approach first :mrgreen:

• Options
    Minx1969Minx1969 Posts: 1
    Sounds good. Im going on 21st so can't make this I'm afraid. 4 weeks on Thursday can't wait. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Minx1969 wrote:
    Sounds good. Im going on 21st so can't make this I'm afraid. 4 weeks on Thursday can't wait. :mrgreen:
    There's a pre-party in the 21st too :mrgreen:
    We're having three cos you can never have too many parties :D

• Options
    PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    not long now ;) :twisted:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,425
    Sorry to post this in there, but I'm in a panic now. Found myself with two sets of seats for night 2, and I sold my tickets for night 1!

So does anyone want a pair of lower tier seats? Block 113. I need the money to try and sort out first night tickets!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Jennytree wrote:
    terrified of meeting new people.
    I dunno... seems like I might need to overcome my shyness... if first I'd actually change my mind about not going.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    The Rock wrote:
    Sorry to post this in there, but I'm in a panic now. Found myself with two sets of seats for night 2, and I sold my tickets for night 1!

So does anyone want a pair of lower tier seats? Block 113. I need the money to try and sort out first night tickets!

No worries Ross... consider this a friendly bump ;)
    (and I'll keep my eyes open for night one tix too)

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Hinn wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I dunno... seems like I might need to overcome my shyness... if first I'd actually change my mind about not going.

Wait.. whut?! :wtf:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Dear Jenny tree & others on the fence ...

If you want to overcome your shyness this would be the place to do it.

I used to feel the same way, i just said no to every social occasion, made my life a lot easier in terms of coping with the anxiety. It stopped me from doing lots of really fun things and meeting new people. Was so sick of it in the end, I took myself off to brighton to a WM3 benefit. Something i had initailly been too nervous about but REALLY wanted to do. I didn't know anyone there, but i wasn't going to miss it for anything, i wasted about 5 years being too nervous to let myself have fun. & the quote the lyrics that snapped me out of it - i'm never going back again :):)

I'm coming up to the pre-party with my sister, it's on my birthday & theres nothing I enjoy more than meeting a group of new people, such a good feeling :) come come come!! I'd love to meet you all and I'm bringing cake!!
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    I talked to my friend, and he seems up for it as long as we are not jet-lagged.

I am a bit shy, so be gentle. :)
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I just wish I was there on the 19th! Will have to make do with pre-gig/post-gig drinks on the 20th!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,888
    Hinn wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I dunno... seems like I might need to overcome my shyness...

Glad I did in Canada!

Overcome that shyness, a polite introduction, nice people reply in kind. :)
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Eraserhead wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I dunno... seems like I might need to overcome my shyness...

Glad I did in Canada!

Overcome that shyness, a polite introduction, nice people reply in kind. :)

:lol: Hinny... Shy? :lol:

Jen's been to loads of meets too, think she was just encouraging others who might be a bit nervous about it (or put off by us lot :P )

• Options
    NYCFlyGal17NYCFlyGal17 Posts: 188
    25 days till pre-party and show time! :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :-D
    67024_10151295353435766_1894726492_n.jpg
    Becki
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    SD48277 wrote:

"not too jet-lagged"!?!?!? Jeez I'm going to be jet-lagged as hell but I'm kinda hoping hitting the ground running will help kick me through it. I've just stocked up on some things my doctor, who's also a homeopath, recommended as well - cardiodoron homeopathic drops(15drops every 2 hours during flight, or as close to that as possible & 3x daily for week or so after landing), & 3mg melatonin tablets to put you to sleep, ie when you wake up at 3am feeling like it's breakfast-time, pop a pill & back to sleep you go. He said that's what he does when he travels & it's great. :) The melatonin capsules are really expensive here vs really cheap in pharmacies in the US(apparently about US$3 for a bottle of 60pills vs NZ$60 ie US$45 here) so I've put the call out to a PJ buddy in the US to send me some, hopefully they'll get here before I leave.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    SD48277 wrote:

"not too jet-lagged"!?!?!? Jeez I'm going to be jet-lagged as hell but I'm kinda hoping hitting the ground running will help kick me through it. I've just stocked up on some things my doctor, who's also a homeopath, recommended as well - cardiodoron homeopathic drops(15drops every 2 hours during flight, or as close to that as possible & 3x daily for week or so after landing), & 3mg melatonin tablets to put you to sleep, ie when you wake up at 3am feeling like it's breakfast-time, pop a pill & back to sleep you go. He said that's what he does when he travels & it's great. :) The melatonin capsules are really expensive here vs really cheap in pharmacies in the US(apparently about US$3 for a bottle of 60pills vs NZ$60 ie US$45 here) so I've put the call out to a PJ buddy in the US to send me some, hopefully they'll get here before I leave.

I'll have to check out the melatonin tablets. We are taking an overnight flight and I have a horrendous time sleeping on airplanes. I will do my best.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:
    morello wrote:
    SD48277 wrote:

I'll have to check out the melatonin tablets. We are taking an overnight flight and I have a horrendous time sleeping on airplanes. I will do my best.

SIMPLY SLEEPY Tablets.
    It works great on flights! I'm a flight attendant,, and have a terrible time sleeping on the plane.
    (when I am actually allowed to sleep)
    You can take them and if you wake up after a few hrs, you won't feel groggy or "hungover" from them.
    I always take it on long flights I am not working) as soon as i get to my seat. I'm usually passed out within 30-45mins. The generic version is super cheap in the US.
    Becki
  • Options

SIMPLY SLEEPY Tablets.
    It works great on flights! I'm a flight attendant,, and have a terrible time sleeping on the plane.
    You can take them and if you wake up after a few hrs, you won't feel groggy or "hungover" from them.
    I always take it on long flights I am not working) as soon as i get to my seat. I'm usually passed out within 30-45mins. The generic version is super cheap in the US.

Thanks for the info. Can I get that at CVS or some other chain pharmacy?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote:

SIMPLY SLEEPY Tablets.

Thanks for the info. Can I get that at CVS or some other chain pharmacy?

YES,,, any walgreens, CVS, Duane Read, Target, Walmart, etc...
    Easy to find
    Becki