Options

*** MANCHESTER PRE-PARTY ***

Comments

• Options
    jrd wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    The rate you two are going, there'll be nobody at the fuckin' pre-party only the two of ye sittin' in an empty room :lol:
    Life and Soul of the party ain't we! :P
    (also, we haven't mentioned boobs in a good two pages :shock: )

that's OK, i shan't be attending the pre-party as i'm not coming up until the Wednesday afternoon so it'll just be poor old Evolutionary in a room on his own... ;)
    Same as usual then! :lol: :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    edited March 2012
    Meg8686 wrote:
    Count us in, Can't wait for this, I'll be celebrating my birthday too. It's a family road trip for us!! Our uncle has been buying us all PJ albums as christmas and birthday presents for about 10 years....... he's done well, we have all grown up devoted PJ fans. So my uncle, me, my sister and cousin will all be there for pre gig drinks.... now we're all old enough to drink :)
    That's very cool. A family road trip & cool about your uncle being your PJ supplier! ;)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Family trip for us aswell , travelling with my wife and 2 kids. Maybe we can make it too for a beer or two :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    rabrab Posts: 81
    planing with the thought of all this kind of fun ... now it's official with everything booked for me

looking forward to meeting you guys (:
    How I choose to feel, is how I am

Vienna Stadthalle - 2006
    Nova Rock Festival - 2007
    Manchester 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2 - 2012
    Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin - 2014
    Padova - 2018
    Vienna - 2020
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Giant tits....that will be all
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Irish Al wrote:

*offers high-five*

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Irish Al wrote:

*offers high-five*

*takes high-five*
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Random post elevation time ;)

• Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Took a while to twig but this show will be the first night of the european tour!!
    Hopefully the band will be in excellent mood & Put on an awesome show
    ....boobs.
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Olivavu wrote:
    I won't be attending the pre-party.

Never have, never will.

:? erm good for you I guess
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    big mickbig mick Hull UK Posts: 773
    Olivavu wrote:
    I won't be attending the pre-party.

Never have, never will.
    Someone got cob on? Come and have a pre show beer with like minded people. :D
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Why do certain people keep saying boobs in here!

Willy - there I've evened it out a little.
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:

Ha Ha Ha Ha! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:

Ha Ha Ha Ha! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:

I would like to point out that I didn't start the Boob references...
    I *may* have assisted in the continuance of them thereafter, but I didn't start it *points blame at someone else* :P

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Claireack wrote:

I *may* have assisted in the continuance of them thereafter, but I didn't start it *points blame at someone else* :P

I shall seriously chastise all those involved when I seem them in Manchester! You shall all sit in the corner with your hands on your heads for the duration of the show!
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Claireack wrote:

I shall seriously chastise all those involved when I seem them in Manchester! You shall all sit in the corner with your hands on your heads for the duration of the show!

I'd rather be in the corner with the boobs....
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Claireack wrote:

It may have been me that first mentioned boobs :oops:
    Claire, do I get away with it if I offer huggles?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    I may come and have drinks at some point.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    Meg8686 wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

I'd rather be in the corner with the boobs....

*offers second high five of the thread* :P
    dottles wrote:

Leanne, your huggles invariably (and involuntarily) involve boobs - there's no escaping them! ;)

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    PRE-PARTY

So, after some discussion with a few PJ friends this weekend.... I've decided to suggest a pre-party for the Manchester shows again.

In 2009 I arranged the pre-party here:

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pub ... manchester

We also had a PJ tribute band in 2009 so maybe we could do that again...

So, the idea is that on the 19th June (Tues) we all pile into the same pub to meet and greet each other, hook up with old friends... Oh and have a drink or 6 ;)

The England vs Ukraine football match (European Championship) will be shown at 19:45 on the evening of the 19th of June at The Moon Under Water... Now although this is good, I'm thinking quite a few people will be watching it and then not coming to the pub afterwards as they'll get settled in the pub they're in, but The Moon Under Water may be very busy. So... What to do?

Personally I think it will be OK as The Moon Under Water is a big pub and as it's a high street chain it shouldn't be too bad (they also have doorstaff). If we still arrange it for here we can watch the football and then all have a drink and a chat. Let me know what y'all think.

Just to make you all aware, due to the football, the band probably won't play

PRE-GIG

Again, in 2009 a lot of people drank here just before the show:

http://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/theoldw ... anchester/

It's close to the venue and nice for outdoor drinks in June (If I remember rightly people were sitting on the huge steps outside the pub boundries so there will be room enough for us all)

Your thoughts?
    [/quote]

pints and my Ukraine shirt in one fell swoooppppp .. count me in! ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Leanne, your huggles invariably (and involuntarily) involve boobs - there's no escaping them! ;)

:oops: very true! mind you, I've not heard any of you lot complaining :lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    I may come and have drinks at some point.

in that order?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Jugs, rack, milk factories, chest cusions, balloons, hooters, melons, fun bags, twins, breasticles, headlights, puppies, space hoppers GREAT BIG STONKING T*TS!!!!
  • Options
    Jugs, rack, milk factories, chest cusions, balloons, hooters, melons, fun bags, twins, breasticles, headlights, puppies, space hoppers GREAT BIG STONKING T*TS!!!!

you forgot "calcium receptacles"
  • Options

Lowering the tone as always :roll: :twisted:

• Options
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

:oops: very true! mind you, I've not heard any of you lot complaining :lol:

I doubt anyone would complain :mrgreen:

• Options

they couldnt complain... it'd just be some muffled noise.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

they couldnt complain... it'd just be some muffled noise.

I don't think I've suffocated anyone yet :?