Options

*** MANCHESTER PRE-PARTY ***

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    You should probably set up an event on FB and get the invites going - I think word spreads a bit better through that than here :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    You should probably set up an event on FB and get the invites going - I think word spreads a bit better through that than here :D

Well volunteered Jen! :P

(I'll skip to it later - think we tried to keep it here to start with as it's difficult to keep track of everything when it's in two different locations, however I think it's been long enough that everyone here who's gonna know about it already does - will get Pickle to add a FB link to the first post if she can too :D )

[edit]
    No idea if this link will actually work - FB doesn't seem to offer a link option, so it's straight outta my browser address bar...
    https://www.facebook.com/events/206546296127632/

Facebook Event is now Live!
    Just remember to keep the boob talk limited to here, I'm not sure we'll be accepted in the real world... :P
    [/edit]
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I joined on fb :)

My flight only lands in Manchester at 9 pm on the 19th, and I'm staying at a friend's house, but if she's up for partying I'm most definitely in. Will probably have to miss out on the pre-party (at least on the first one), as this is my first PJ show and I really want to be up front for it...would love to meet everyone after the shows though!
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    Im getting really excited now, not long til the gig!!! :thumbup: :D:D:D:D
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    *inserts post consistent with thread bumpage*

Kathi - Coolio, everything's kinda freeform (but not like the Jazz) so come to whichever ones suit you :mrgreen:

• Options
    guptaanujguptaanuj Posts: 83
    Would love to attend but will be in Birmingham for the Chris Cornell gig :)
  • Options
    guptaanujguptaanuj Posts: 83
    Will anyone be going from Birmingham to Manchester on the night of 19th June/20th June early morning?

After the Chris Cornell gig, onwards to Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    boobs
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Options
    guptaanuj wrote:
    Would love to attend but will be in Birmingham for the Chris Cornell gig :)

More parties on each of the gig days too remember :mrgreen:

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Pke wrote:
    boobs

oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    dunkman wrote:
    Pke wrote:
    boobs

Now we know what you do with your calculator.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Claireack wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    Pke wrote:
    boobs

Now we know what you do with your calculator.

thats nothing... it wasnt until i was 26 years old that I picked up a dictionary and didnt look up "vagina"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    SpacetoadSpacetoad Posts: 78
    Hi all,

Been a while but I only got tix for the 2nd night. Wasn't using non existent priority to sit in gods (grumble, not like it was in my day etc...)
    Fly in from Tenerife on the 20th at silly am but wondered if anyone had tickets for 2nd night and if there was a plan to club it afterwards.

I turn 40 the week after the gig so be good to celebrate with the Jamily!
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"
  • Options
    Hey folks...not sure if this would be the relevant place to post this...but was wondering if anyone would do a straight swap....I've got a standing ticket for the 21st (2nd night) which I'm needing swapped for a standing ticket for the 20th (first night)...anyone able to help me out?

Regards,

Jamie
    You can't spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets - you can't come to terms and realize you're the only one who can forgive yourself - it makes much more sense to live in the present tense.

Leeds Festival - 25/08/2006, London O2 - 18/08/2009. London Hyde Park - 25/06/2010...upcoming... Manchester MEN - 20/06/2012, Manchester MEN - 21/06/2012 :)
  • Options
    Hey Jamie,

I have a spare standing ticket for night 1 that I'd be up for swapping for a standing ticket for night 2.

Sure let me know if ur interested.

Cheers, John
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    *ridiculously overdue thread bump*

*also, random Boob comment*

:P

• Options
    RA99183RA99183 Sydney Posts: 32
    Certainly game for some pre show beers on the 20th! Don't wanna get too wasted the 19th due to my incredibly bad hangovers :shock:

I'm still looking for a Standing ticket for the 21st if anyone can help? Also a ticket for EV in manc (Yes, yes i'm terribly slack!! Having money at relevant times is not my strong suit!)

Cheers!
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Re sorted plans ESPECIALLY so I can come up and pre party on my birthday with you lot.
    I love my friends dearly ... but they just don't love pearl jam. So I'm fleeing the herd to be with my own kind lols. My sister is coming too, the only genetic similarity we share is love for PJ :) We'll be getting into manchester in the afternoon, might try to see some sights, whatever they may be.... and then we'll be looking for you lot, you've been warned ;)
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    BOO see you there old sons :D
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Hey fellow freaks :D

There is this website:

http://www.manchesterbars.com/

Some interesting places (atmosphere wise) that maybe we could check out, if you'll have me along for a nightly ride or you'd like to join in on a nightly ride, while in Manchester, after the PJ gigs and after what has already been organized for the evening of the 19th.

Check out the site and see what the consensus could be ... I like the bar that is open till 6am :lol:

*If any locals could weigh in with their opinion on some of these places listed on this website ... would be much appreciated.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    zarocat wrote:

There is this website:

Some interesting places (atmosphere wise) that maybe we could check out, if you'll have me along for a nightly ride or you'd like to join in on a nightly ride, while in Manchester, after the PJ gigs and after what has already been organized for the evening of the 19th.

Check out the site and see what the consensus could be ... I like the bar that is open till 6am :lol:

*If any locals could weigh in with their opinion on some of these places listed on this website ... would be much appreciated.

Not just the 19th Zaro... we've got pre and (semi)post parties for each gig day too!
    Venues are already set for the pre-parties on the gig-days... of course everyone is welcome to go explore and do what they want though... nothing firm on post-gigs however, though I know most will be retiring to the travelodge bar.

• Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    ....sneaks into thread....

*jiggle*

....sneaks out of thread.....
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    :shock: :o :shock:
  • Options
    zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    zarocat wrote:

There is this website:

Not just the 19th Zaro... we've got pre and (semi)post parties for each gig day too!
    Venues are already set for the pre-parties on the gig-days... of course everyone is welcome to go explore and do what they want though... nothing firm on post-gigs however, though I know most will be retiring to the travelodge bar.

:thumbup:
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: Noblesville 
  • Options
    I think I may grab a hotel on the night of the 20th so I can have a few beers the first night rather than drive home and then back again!

Any suggestions for cheap but clean digs?
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • Options
    RA99183 wrote:
    I think I may grab a hotel on the night of the 20th so I can have a few beers the first night rather than drive home and then back again!

Any suggestions for cheap but clean digs?

Travelodge is probably the cheapest 'clean' offering... Although I think a few people are in hostels which may be cheaper?

• Options
    I shall check out the travelodge cheers!
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • Options
    RemfryRemfry London, UK Posts: 13
    I will be there with bells on...haven't been to a pre-show party since Dublin in '06...brilliant idea.
  • Options
    ClotClot Posts: 5
    Hei guys, who is staying in hostel?
    can you recommend me one?, i would like to stay in one :)

thanks!