Options

*** MANCHESTER PRE-PARTY ***

Comments

• Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I've just installed the SnapReplay app, interesting concept!

Nearly there folks, getting exciting :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Pre Party Sooon, Cannot wait to meet all of you!!

Happens to be my birthday that day too. Obv Pearl Jam is my reason for celebrating, not massivey big on birthdays. But I can't actually remember a birthday I've looked forward to as much as this one. I've had the best year of my life. Fact!! Looking forward to celebrating it with ten club :) You'll get to meet both me & sister Hank, Shes not on 10c, but like me, has also been a PJ Junkie for 12 years. Haven't seen her for a couple of months. Can't wait to see her little face! Soooo many reasons to celebrate!!!
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    I'm dragging the wife up to Manchester for both nights, which pub we all hanging out in?

I CAN NOT FUCKIN WAIT!!!!!!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    Spags wrote:
    I'm dragging the wife up to Manchester for both nights, which pub we all hanging out in?

I CAN NOT FUCKIN WAIT!!!!!!

Links in the first post lad! :D
    (weatherspoons on the Tuesday, and the Old Wellington weds/thurs)
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    Righto! I best iron my drinking trousers then...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    RA99183RA99183 Sydney Posts: 32
    Bloomin excited now! Are any 10c folks heading to Chris Cornell in Manchester this weekend? Would love to grab a beer as i'm heading over on my lonesome!
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    RA99183 wrote:
    Bloomin excited now! Are any 10c folks heading to Chris Cornell in Manchester this weekend? Would love to grab a beer as i'm heading over on my lonesome!

Yep there's a load of us going, meeting up in the Lime Bar opposite the Lowry from 4.30/5pm onwards, feel free to join :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    RA99183RA99183 Sydney Posts: 32
    dottles wrote:
    RA99183 wrote:

Yep there's a load of us going, meeting up in the Lime Bar opposite the Lowry from 4.30/5pm onwards, feel free to join :D

Brilliant :) thanks very much!
    Dr No... Vocal chords
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    5 days to fly to London and then the next day train to Manchester. What time is the 19th preparty?
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Jennytree wrote:

Awesome! Please spread the word - this could really change and enhance the way we follow the set list runners.

PS - Someone is using it right now at NoFX at the Riz :)

SnapReplay presents: NoFX live from the Ritz- ON NOW!
    http://snapreplay.com/event/nofx
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    deftones wrote:
    5 days to fly to London and then the next day train to Manchester. What time is the 19th preparty?

I've tentatively said 7pm... But it's whenever people wanna turn up really :D
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    dufferduffer Posts: 136
    Jennytree wrote:

Awesome! Please spread the word - this could really change and enhance the way we follow the set list runners.

That was me at the Ritz !! :D
    just wanted to try it out before PJ next week.It's really easy to do,should be good if we get lots of people doing it.
    Sat drinking wine
  • Options
    duffer wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

just wanted to try it out before PJ next week.It's really easy to do,should be good if we get lots of people doing it.

Great Job Duffer. Look forward to seeing your PJ pics! I have already created Manchester events in Snap, so when you get there, no need to create your own event, just join the existing one and please spread the word :)
  • Options
    shedcoreshedcore Posts: 6
    I'll deffo be at the pre gig there looking for fellow PJ lovers! I may pop to the one on the 19th too, but I'm torn between that and the Euros.

My girlfriend has made the poor career decision of not joining me and the rest of my peer group are philistines that don't listen to PJ, so I'll be tagging along looking for some more enlightened folks!

Also, just a local recommendation - while the Wellington shares a garden with Sinclair's Oyster Bar, the beer in Sinclair's is significantly cheaper, so I would recommend heading through that door!

Look forward to hooking up with y'all before the gig!
  • Options
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:

:lol::lol:

Someone better turn up wearing chaps now 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options

My issue will be data charges - might invest in a roaming package for my travels :)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:

My issue will be data charges - might invest in a roaming package for my travels :)

Same here. I've got to find a data plan for Amsterdam.
  • Options
    shedcore wrote:
    I'll deffo be at the pre gig there looking for fellow PJ lovers! I may pop to the one on the 19th too, but I'm torn between that and the Euros.

I think the pub on the 19th maybe showing the football but i'm not sure.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    shedcore wrote:

I think the pub on the 19th maybe showing the football but i'm not sure.

We understand it will be.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    duffer wrote:

Great Job Duffer. Look forward to seeing your PJ pics! I have already created Manchester events in Snap, so when you get there, no need to create your own event, just join the existing one and please spread the word :)

Where do we find the event? When I click on Select Event in the app I can't find where the event is :?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:

Where do we find the event? When I click on Select Event in the app I can't find where the event is :?

The event isn't open yet - the ones I entered in via the add event on the website start a few hours before show time.

When an event is created a start time is specified at which time it becomes available for people to join.

You can also create your own events (like Duffer did today).

Cheers
  • Options
    Bailey73Bailey73 Posts: 11
    We are heading up on the 20th for both Manchester gigs and will be staying at the Manchester City Centre Premier Inn.. looking forward to meeting you all at the pre-party :D
  • Options
    JD106723JD106723 Posts: 10
    Myself and my girlfriend will be arriving in Manchester on the 20th for both shows. She is a PJ virgin and I am looking forward to getting her to meet fellow hardcore followers.

We will defo be at the Old Wellington meet up on both days so I am very much looking forward to meeting you guys!

It would be interesting to know how many of us will be there pre-gig. Who is definately going to be there?
    Jeremy D & Plate Guy
  • Options
    Me and my mate are traveling from Glasgow by train on the 20th June for Manchester 1 for our first ever PJ experience. Really looking forward to meeting all the other fans as i don't know very many :( Hoping to get involved in the pre-gig/after show festivities until we have to get the train back on the 21st. Not planning to get any sleep! Hopefully that's the general consensus here 8-) If you see 2 angry sounding guys talking, it's just our accent :P so come and talk to us coz we're actually very friendly and would love to hear all the veteran's PJ stories! Roll on next week!
    Manchester 1 - 20/06/2012
  • Options
    dufferduffer Posts: 136
    chime wrote:

The event isn't open yet - the ones I entered in via the add event on the website start a few hours before show time.

When an event is created a start time is specified at which time it becomes available for people to join.

You can also create your own events (like Duffer did today).

Cheers
    What would be good is if anyone coming from overseas were to create a group and upload photos of their journeys here,you know,theres my taxi to take me to the airport,theres the airport,here I am at check in,that type of stuff until you get to sunny Manchester !. Sounds good in my head anyway ! :shock:
    Sat drinking wine
  • Options
    I've created the events for the two Manchester shows. Look for them in the app. They should become live about 6:30 on the day of the show. These are the streams people can follow, to submit to the stream you need to download the app SnapReplay from the itunes store or google market - it's free - just make sure you are aware of how much phone data you have available to you so no nasty surprises come phone bill time.

Manchester 1 Live Event Stream
    http://snapreplay.com/event/pearl-jam-manchester-1

Manchester 2 Live Event Stream
    http://snapreplay.com/event/pearl-jam-manchester-2
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    I am leaving the office!!! See you all at the pre party :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    deftones wrote:
    I am leaving the office!!! See you all at the pre party :D
    *like* & I had the same feeling yesterday! It's tour time people!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011