Options

*** MANCHESTER PRE-PARTY ***

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    SD48277 wrote:

SIMPLY SLEEPY Tablets.
    It works great on flights! I'm a flight attendant,, and have a terrible time sleeping on the plane.
    (when I am actually allowed to sleep)
    You can take them and if you wake up after a few hrs, you won't feel groggy or "hungover" from them.
    I always take it on long flights I am not working) as soon as i get to my seat. I'm usually passed out within 30-45mins. The generic version is super cheap in the US.

Thanks for the info. Can I get that at CVS or some other chain pharmacy?

YES,,, any walgreens, CVS, Duane Read, Target, Walmart, etc...
    Easy to find

Excellent. Thank you, again, for the info.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    NYCFlyGal17NYCFlyGal17 Posts: 188
    SIMPLY SLEEPY Tablets.
    It works great on flights! I'm a flight attendant,, and have a terrible time sleeping on the plane.
    You can take them and if you wake up after a few hrs, you won't feel groggy or "hungover" from them.
    I always take it on long flights I am not working) as soon as i get to my seat. I'm usually passed out within 30-45mins. The generic version is super cheap in the US.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Can I get that at CVS or some other chain pharmacy?[/quote]

Easy to find[/quote]

Excellent. Thank you, again, for the info.[/quote]

:D
    67024_10151295353435766_1894726492_n.jpg
    Becki
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    SIMPLY SLEEPY Tablets.
    I always take it on long flights I am not working) as soon as i get to my seat. I'm usually passed out within 30-45mins. The generic version is super cheap in the US.

Thanks for the info. Can I get that at CVS or some other chain pharmacy?[/quote]

Easy to find[/quote]

Excellent. Thank you, again, for the info.[/quote]

:D[/quote]
    Ooh, they sound good too. I'll have to check out what they are, see if we have anything similar.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Jennytree wrote:
    Hinn wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    terrified of meeting new people.
    I dunno... seems like I might need to overcome my shyness... if first I'd actually change my mind about not going.

Wait.. whut?! :wtf:
    I'm only doing the 3 Scandinavian gigs. Didn't feel like anything else, other than them 2 Glen/EV dates up the road from me place. Figure I'll save up some concert money to afford boozing in the Northlands.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    rowan mrowan m Posts: 16
    Hello all - this is my first PJ gig as a 10 club member, very excited! Going on 20th, getting Megabus down from Edinburgh with my brother at 5am. Yipes. We're hoping to come along to the pub beforehand and meet some peeps (perhaps after a powernap in the hotel!)... I've signed up to the Facebook forum. Thanks for organising it!
  • Options
    Oh, and was wondering if you more experienced 10 club members know when details for the ticket band things get sent out? I'm completely paranoid that, even though I've had email confirmation that I got a pair of tickets in the presale, it's somehow not gone through properly. don't trust it after all the shenanigans trying to get them in the first place!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Oh, and was wondering if you more experienced 10 club members know when details for the ticket band things get sent out? I'm completely paranoid that, even though I've had email confirmation that I got a pair of tickets in the presale, it's somehow not gone through properly. don't trust it after all the shenanigans trying to get them in the first place!

Info normally comes out about two weeks before :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    I know it's not PJ related but for those going to see Chris Cornell in Manchester on 16th June, there is an informal meet up planned in the Lime Bar opposite the Lowry Theatre from about 4.30pm :)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Thank you! :D
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    dottles wrote:

Im in the same boat, I just wish i had my tickets!! :?
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    Meg8686 wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Honestly, don't worry, it all works out fine. You'll get an email from 10C a couple of weeks before with the instructions to collect the tickets. Usually it's after a specified time you can go pick up your tickets from 10C allocated collection points, often divided by first letter of your surname. You queue at the appropriate point, you have to produce proper ID (passport/driving licence) and you'll be given your tickets and wrist bands. :D
  • Options
    EvolutionaryEvolutionary Posts: 880
    dottles wrote:
    Meg8686 wrote:

Honestly, don't worry, it all works out fine. You'll get an email from 10C a couple of weeks before with the instructions to collect the tickets. Usually it's after a specified time you can go pick up your tickets from 10C allocated collection points, often divided by first letter of your surname. You queue at the appropriate point, you have to produce proper ID (passport/driving licence) and you'll be given your tickets and wrist bands. :D

Don't think tickets will be an issue Leanne... The sorting out of wristbands for early entry for the second gig (and those who didn't get pre-sale probably will be. :|
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Don't think tickets will be an issue Leanne... The sorting out of wristbands for early entry for the second gig (and those who didn't get pre-sale probably will be. :|

I don't think there are wristbands for night 2, there wasn't a 10c sale, there are no 10c benefits for this gig I gathered.
    In terms of night 1, I think those that got tickets pre-crash will be ok, and those who responded within the alloted time before Xmas to 10C should be ok if they bought from a recognised source. It should just be case of the ID like for ticket pick up on member name, presentation of the tickets purchased and then be issued with wristbands. I have no illusions it will be as simple as that though.
    And tbh, 15 minutes early entry isn't really here or there unless you're aiming for the rail.
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I don't think there are wristbands for night 2, there wasn't a 10c sale, there are no 10c benefits for this gig I gathered.

There should be... they offered wristbands for all general sale tix from 'official vendors' (and Manc 2 was a selectable option when I filled my form in)... I got pre-sale for all the rest though *considers self jammy*

(see also the Prague and Berlin shows that didn't get pre-sales)

• Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    dottles wrote:

There should be... they offered wristbands for all general sale tix from 'official vendors' (and Manc 2 was a selectable option when I filled my form in)... I got pre-sale for all the rest though *considers self jammy*

(see also the Prague and Berlin shows that didn't get pre-sales)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=179756
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Sorry, I missed that it applied to Manchester 2, I only saw the orginal post and knew I had tickets through crowdsurge/10C for my tix other than Manc night 2 so never took much more notice. I have tm tix for night 2, but never applied for a wristband :lol: oh well, it's not like I've looked at any of mine since 2010.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    the only thing ill miss from this tour is this preparty.. :(
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Aww Dimitris, maybe one of us will win the lotto this weekend!
  • Options
    dufferduffer Posts: 136
    Can anyone turn up at these get togethers ? Pre/post show piss ups sound good.
    Sat drinking wine
  • Options
    duffer wrote:
    Can anyone turn up at these get togethers ? Pre/post show piss ups sound good.

Damn straight... All are invited :mrgreen:

• Options
    dottles wrote:

If one of us wins the lotto we may as well just buy Greece :P

• Options
    rabrab Posts: 81
    oh, thanks a lot for answering my unasked question about the ten-club tickets - and how to get them. not for manchester though (have regulary tickets here), but for prague.
    it's a little unconfortable not knowing exactly what to do with your very first 10C-tickets.

really looking forward to the gigs. prepartys as well as concerts :D
    How I choose to feel, is how I am

Vienna Stadthalle - 2006
    Nova Rock Festival - 2007
    Manchester 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2 - 2012
    Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin - 2014
    Padova - 2018
    Vienna - 2020
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    Not long now!

20 days baby!!! Wooohooo :o:o
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Hey Everyone

I'm really hoping to get something very very cool for Pearl Jam fans off the ground and the Manchester Shows are the first opportunity.

http://snapreplay.com

It is an iphone and android photo application that automatically submits pictures and text from all users at the event to the SnapReplay website in real time, so those of us not at the show can see what's going on. All you need to do is download the free app, select the correct event from the events list, take a pic, click "OK" and up it goes. All pics will join a multi-user real time photo stream from the show. All your pics are saved to your camera roll in the usual fashion, but you'll be sharing your view of the show with the world. You can also use the 'send text' function to submit song titles and other commentary as the gig goes on.

Here is one three of us did at prince the other night and there were 1400 hits to the site during the performance:

http://snapreplay.com/archive/6660/prin ... final-show

Here is a stream Rico did with an early beta of the iphone app at the Brad Showbox Seattle show:

http://snapreplay.com/archive/6636/brad ... in-seattle

Really hoping to get people into this as it will be a really cool alternative to the existing set list runners we've done in past tours.
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    dottles wrote:

If one of us wins the lotto we may as well just buy Greece :P
    :lol:
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    *once again heaves thread up from the depths of page 2*

• Options
    I'll be there. coming alone, hope to have fun and meet some of you folks! This is the first time I go to see PJ alone, hope to find some pint mates :)
    follow the Strangest Tribe

--

Verona, Arena _ Sep 16, 2006
    Berlin, Wuhlheide _ Aug 15, 2009
    Venice, HJF _ Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, MEN Arena _ Jun 20, 2012
    Manchester, MEN Arena _ Jun 21, 2012
    Trieste, Stadio Nereo Rocco _ Jun 22, 2014
    Firenze, Firenze Rocks _ Jun 24, 2017 (EV solo)
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    I'll be there. coming alone, hope to have fun and meet some of you folks! This is the first time I go to see PJ alone, hope to find some pint mates :)

Will be a good chance to meet lots of other fans..Your first beer is on me :)
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    cant wait to meet everyone!"!!!!! 9 days till Manchesterrrrrrr!!!!!
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"