The National Football League

Comments

• I think they are similarly over the top with their religion, but that is just me.  I don't appreciate being preached to.
    At least Russ used to be really good.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    I hear ya on the religion. I didn’t realize Carr was like that. The world would be a better place if we could all just trust in FSM.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    I hear ya on the religion. I didn’t realize Carr was like that. The world would be a better place if we could all just trust in FSM.
    Word.

Yes, that.
    wroggers looks disgusted.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    saleh looks like dead man walking….but wroggers likes him…then again, wroggers might want hackett promoted.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,791

I miss igotid88
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,110
    edited December 2023
    My dislike of the Browns is deep, but I think Flacco coming off the (Tim) couch to play this well and save their season is a heck of a story.  
    Good for Flacco.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Honestly if Flacco doesn't turn into a pumpkin, the Browns are going to be tough to beat.
    That D is legit. Njoku looks like Gronk with Flacco at the helm and Cooper is playing great. If Chubb hadn't gotten hurt, they'd be as well rounded an offense as SF. They look much better with Flacco than they did with Happy Ending Watson.

How about a Cleveland vs. Detroit Superb Owl? That would be something. (Won't happen, the sports Gods won't allow it just like they intervened in 2003 when it looked like a possible Red Sox/Cubs WS.)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    NFL season is cruel…. You know damn well a few heavy hitters will be had in wildcard/ divisional rd…. Why not Detroit or Cleveland… if one made it thru, it be crazy story

if Both… apocalypse around the corner 🤣

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    I could absolutely get behind a Browns/Lions Super Bowl.....don't see it happening though. 
    www.myspace.com
  • KU I could absolutely get behind a Browns/Lions Super Bowl.....don't see it happening though. 
    I wouldn’t be the bit surprised if it does.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    My dislike of the Browns is deep, but I think Flacco coming off the (Tim) couch to play this well and save their season is a heck of a story.  
    Good for Flacco.
    I hate them, only for Watson, but with him on the sidelines, I can get behind them. Fuck their owner, though.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    Dolphins/Ravens should’ve been flexed to SNF this week ….
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Wobbie said:
    Good for Flacco.
    I hate them, only for Watson, but with him on the sidelines, I can get behind them. Fuck their owner, though.
    I guarantee you the Cowboys would've signed him if they needed a quarterback last year. Pretty sure you would not hate them for it, wob.
    www.myspace.com
    Wobbie said:
    Good for Flacco.
    I guarantee you the Cowboys would've signed him if they needed a quarterback last year. Pretty sure you would not hate them for it, wob.
    they wouldn’t HAVE and, if they had, I would HAVE hated it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Good for Flacco.
    Hating "it" and hating them are two very different things.  

Hating the Browns unless you're from Pitt or Cincy is kind of odd. Hating the owner of the Flying J is also weird.  Did they screw up a sandwich when you stopped on a road trip? 
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Good for Flacco.

Hating the Browns unless you're from Pitt or Cincy is kind of odd. Hating the owner of the Flying J is also weird.  Did they screw up a sandwich when you stopped on a road trip? 
    I strongly dislike the owner for rewarding a sexual predator with a quarter of a billion dollars.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Good for Flacco.

I strongly dislike the owner for rewarding a sexual predator with a quarter of a billion dollars.
    This.  With a guarantee that shifted the way the rest of the league's contract negotiations. 

However, I can still admire the way Flacco is playing.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Good for Flacco.

But you're totally okay with the Cowboys signing Greg Hardy who STRANGLED his girlfriend and was actually convicted of it.  But that's so much better than Watson who never laid an aggressive hand on these women.  I get the selective outrage.  It's very common around here.  

• Cowboys really lucked out, crazy game.
    McCarthy was in prime post-season form with his awesome clock management decisions.  :lol:
    They won because Campbell wanted to go for fake punts and fourth downs and 2 point conversions like he thought his team was trying to steal a win.  

McCarthy was in prime post-season form with his awesome clock management decisions.  :lol:
    They won because Campbell wanted to go for fake punts and fourth downs and 2 point conversions like he thought his team was trying to steal a win.  

Yep. Really dumb coaching by Campbell. Act like you’ve been there. Going for 2 from the 7? Really? 

Apparently we were supposed to be rooting for Dallas. Whatever. 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,788
    Cowboys really lucked out, crazy game.

Yep. Really dumb coaching by Campbell. Act like you’ve been there. Going for 2 from the 7? Really? 

I wasn't. I never root for them.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

I wasn't. I never root for them.
    Yeah me either 
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Same boat and same thing.  I can't root for Cowboys.
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Good for Flacco.

But you're totally okay with the Cowboys signing Greg Hardy who STRANGLED his girlfriend and was actually convicted of it.  But that's so much better than Watson who never laid an aggressive hand on these women.  I get the selective outrage.  It's very common around here.  

I was never “totally okay” or even a little OK with greg hardy. He was, and is, a POS…..just like deshaun.

luckily, hardy was gone in a year and got paid  <5% of what deshaun is due.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    edited December 2023
    It will be a cold day on the Sun before I would ever want the Cowboys to win. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • It will be a cold day on the Sun before I would ever want the Cowboys to win. 
    Maybe (maybe?) If they played a Jim Harbaugh coached team in a big game?
    Lol
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    CROJAM95 said:
    NFL season is cruel…. You know damn well a few heavy hitters will be had in wildcard/ divisional rd…. Why not Detroit or Cleveland… if one made it thru, it be crazy story

if Both… apocalypse around the corner 🤣

American playoff systems are terrible, especially the NFL. Browns get ranked two spots lower simply for the division they play in? Some sort of bonus for having to play a higher ranked team twice? 

While worse teams get ranked better for simply beating out three teams in their division? Three teams? This nonsense happens every year. 

Is the NFL really that insecure that it needs “rivalries” to maintain interest?

Sounds like the refs bungled who reported as eligible on the 2-point conversion and Lions got screwed.
    Purely coincidence that Brad Allen seen on the party bus with Jerrah and a gaggle of hookers after the game.
    Ravens honoring Ray Rice before today's game vs. Miami.

Stay classy, Baltimore.