The National Football League

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    mrussel1 said:
    Meh.  We all have opinions.  In this case, I think yours is way off.  (Not that Kyle's teams choked away leads in the past....I agree certainly on that.)
    Injuries are what everyone has to deal with,fact.  They can change the outcomes of games/future games, fact.

You take whomever coaches your favorite team, I will take Kyle.
    If I could have any coach, it would be Vrabel.  I would love for him to resign from Tennessee and go home to the Buckeyes.  
    My brother actually played CYO football with your Browns coach back in the 90's
    www.myspace.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    edited December 2023
    mrussel1 said:
    Meh.  We all have opinions.  In this case, I think yours is way off.  (Not that Kyle's teams choked away leads in the past....I agree certainly on that.)
    Injuries are what everyone has to deal with,fact.  They can change the outcomes of games/future games, fact.

If I could have any coach, it would be Vrabel.  I would love for him to resign from Tennessee and go home to the Buckeyes.  
    With Stefanski?  That's pretty cool.

I played football with Brian Schottenheimer.  He was a year younger than me but lived in my city when Marty was the coach of the Browns.  He wasn't that good.  He ended up going to UF, I think off scholarship, just to be mentored by Spurrier.  It was a smart move.  

Edit - a story on this.  My father was a lunatic.  He was a Ukrainian immigrant that never finished the 8th grade (depression-era kid).  Anyway, Marty would come to our junior high and sometimes high school games.  More than once did my dad go over to him and yell at him about playing prevent defense late in the game.  He believed in blitzing on every down.   Total nightmare.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I played football with Brian Schottenheimer.  He was a year younger than me but lived in my city when Marty was the coach of the Browns.  He wasn't that good.  He ended up going to UF, I think off scholarship, just to be mentored by Spurrier.  It was a smart move.  

Edit - a story on this.  My father was a lunatic.  He was a Ukrainian immigrant that never finished the 8th grade (depression-era kid).  Anyway, Marty would come to our junior high and sometimes high school games.  More than once did my dad go over to him and yell at him about playing prevent defense late in the game.  He believed in blitzing on every down.   Total nightmare.  
    Your dad reminds me of Frank Costanza yelling at Steinbrenner for trading Jay Buhner. He had a rocket for an arm!
    www.myspace.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Your dad reminds me of Frank Costanza yelling at Steinbrenner for trading Jay Buhner. He had a rocket for an arm!
    I was constantly mortified by his public interactions.  Good times growing up.  

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779

For me it’s 49ers in nfc or Lions

lions have the ingredients, have some juice but I’m not certain they can pull it all together, but very capable…. Eagles I see tension, AJ Brown & Hurts… something will boil over, kinda feel it  , they are still dangerous but I feel pulling in different directions 

cowboys look great or like shit, not much in between 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,110
    edited December 2023
    This is awful....a person lost their life.  Recalling the more detailed stories when it happened, I believe he left his area so he could start shit with some fans of the opposing team....and then he got knocked out, hit his head on his way down.
    He didn't deserve to die.  (Could argue that he deserved to get knocked out...)

He is dead

2 guys are fucked, who knows what happens to them....and they have to live with having been responsible for a person's death.

So dumb.

https://wgntv.com/news/national/patriots-fans-death-ruled-homicide-2-ri-men-charged-with-assault/
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    This is awful....a person lost their life.  Recalling the more detailed stories when it happened, I believe he left his area so he could start shit with some fans of the opposing team....and then he got knocked out, hit his head on his way down.

He is dead

2 guys are fucked, who knows what happens to them....and they have to live with having been responsible for a person's death.

So dumb.

https://wgntv.com/news/national/patriots-fans-death-ruled-homicide-2-ri-men-charged-with-assault/
    I for one am shocked. Shocked, I tell you that this did not happen in Philadelphia. 
    www.myspace.com
  • This is awful....a person lost their life.  Recalling the more detailed stories when it happened, I believe he left his area so he could start shit with some fans of the opposing team....and then he got knocked out, hit his head on his way down.

He is dead

So dumb.

I for one am shocked. Shocked, I tell you that this did not happen in Philadelphia. 
    Yeah, I think I posted this original story when it happened as a response to a stupid "Philly fans are so bad" comment.  Drunken NFL Fans (or just people in general) are so bad, these days.  
  • CROJAM95 said:

lions have the ingredients, have some juice but I’m not certain they can pull it all together, but very capable…. Eagles I see tension, AJ Brown & Hurts… something will boil over, kinda feel it  , they are still dangerous but I feel pulling in different directions 

Rams are looking really good on offense.  
    Not sure about their D, but the O is going to be tough to handle for most team when Stafford is going like this.  Saints have good D and they can't stop them.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    CROJAM95 said:

Not sure about their D, but the O is going to be tough to handle for most team when Stafford is going like this.  Saints have good D and they can't stop them.
    they can’t stop my fantasy stud, Puka.

kamara is killing me, though.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:

they can’t stop my fantasy stud, Puka.

kamara is killing me, though.
    I had Puka in a money league.
    In one yahoo league I had Kamara and Kupp.  Oh. I'm gonna get destroyed there.  Two of my top players both got crap.
  • The Saints just need to go away.  They're just a sad team to watch.  Bad coach.  Bad QB.
    The Saints just need to go away.  They're just a sad team to watch.  Bad coach.  Bad QB.
    Carr is such a poser, wannabe....Hes so bad its not funny....still got a bag o cash cause its slim pickings out there for qbs
    CROJAM95 said:
    The Saints just need to go away.  They're just a sad team to watch.  Bad coach.  Bad QB.
    Carr is such a poser, wannabe....Hes so bad its not funny....still got a bag o cash cause its slim pickings out there for qbs
    he’s better than a few starting QB’s out there….

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • CROJAM95 said:
    Saints fan buddy just sent me this.  

https://x.com/snowlikejonn/status/1738203127935873402?s=42&t=uZonQpqrTXU5QO3VKHOCuQ
    CROJAM95 said:

https://x.com/snowlikejonn/status/1738203127935873402?s=42&t=uZonQpqrTXU5QO3VKHOCuQ
    was that guy calling from Philly? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Nawlins, man!
    CROJAM95 said:

Holy shit thanks for that...im on the floor, the BJ comment and preaching/stealing $  B)

Spot on...Carr and all his holier than this BS....Play QB well then talk your BS, or better yet Dont...no one cares, Or shall i say no one CARRS

He looks like he never sleeps either..... He was chewing out Olave mid season on plays he thought Route was suppose to be this/that... Olave??? Guy is a stud, I woulda demanded they cut his ass and put Jameis in if I was Olave...I know Crab legs stinks too, but id roll with him or Taysom Hill over Carr......You just know hes gonna FUCK it up at some point, will have a pretty stat line...then boom, pick 6
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Holy shit thanks for that...im on the floor, the BJ comment and preaching/stealing $  B)

I drop plenty of F bombs in my daily conversations but I thought that caller was an insufferable asshole douchebag. Fucker has probably never thrown a pass in his life. It’s not Carr’s fault the Saints chose to overpay him.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Nawlins, man!

pretty sure he relocated from philly!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Playoffs…

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I thought sean payton was pretty stupid to be taking those TO’s when NE had the ball.

turns out, it was.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited December 2023
    Joe Flacco playing high level ball, that’s a scary team with that D and a seasoned vet in Flacco

Cooper enjoying Joes big arm
  • Baltimore took advantage of the wacky stuff in the first half and then just destroyed on d in the 2nd.

Not the night for the Niners, that was a beat down.  (Typed with the 4th quarter mostly still to go!)
    Baltimore took advantage of the wacky stuff in the first half and then just destroyed on d in the 2nd.

Not the night for the Niners, that was a beat down.  (Typed with the 4th quarter mostly still to go!)
    now, you’ll just need a split of the season series.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    maybe ma homes, ma auto and coach reid should do fewer commercials.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The Chiefs are what they are.  It’s mostly a personnel issue and they missed on their offensive acquisitions.  I’ve moved on from expecting anything this season and am hoping Brett Veach brings in some decent skill position players in FA and the draft since there will be cap room with Chris Jones coming off of the books.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    edited December 2023
    The Chiefs are what they are.  It’s mostly a personnel issue and they missed on their offensive acquisitions.  I’ve moved on from expecting anything this season and am hoping Brett Veach brings in some decent skill position players in FA and the draft since there will be cap room with Chris Jones coming off of the books.
    We talked about this in the Eagles thread a few weeks ago, but it's like Andy's doing to Mahomes what he did to McNabb during his first few years in the league. Took him five years to give Donovan a receiver worth a damn in TO. I'm sure you guys will revamp next year though. Gotta be easy to find guys who want to play with Mahomes. 

But just pray Spags doesn't leave so Andy doesn't have the opportunity to make your offensive line coach the new D Coordinator...it'll be curtains shortly thereafter.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • The Chiefs are what they are.  It’s mostly a personnel issue and they missed on their offensive acquisitions.  I’ve moved on from expecting anything this season and am hoping Brett Veach brings in some decent skill position players in FA and the draft since there will be cap room with Chris Jones coming off of the books.
    We talked about this in the Eagles thread a few weeks ago, but it's like Andy's doing to Mahomes what he did to McNabb during his first few years in the league. Took him five years to give Donovan a receiver worth a damn in TO. I'm sure you guys will revamp next year though. Gotta be easy to find guys who want to play with Mahomes. 

But just pray Spags doesn't leave so Andy doesn't have the opportunity to make your offensive line coach the new D Coordinator...it'll be curtains shortly thereafter.
    I felt like this year would be a step back with hopefully two steps forward this year.  They miscalculated on the receiver room big time.  The only one worth a damn is Rice and MVS is a straight up bum.  Jawaan Taylor is looking like a bad investment.  The thing is, they swung and missed this year but as long as they look in the mirror and address the receiver situation, then it’s all good.  Shit they have made the Super Bowl three of the last five years and were a play away from making the other two seasons they fell short.  It’s been a pretty fucking amazing ride.  It’s time to shake up the apple cart and build this team differently.  

With regard to Spags, I’m not worried.  Reason being is you are seeing that if this team is top 5 in defense and middle in offense this is what you get.  Their formula needs to be top 5 in offense and middling in defense.  After they lose Chris Jones next year, they will regress back to the middle.  They have to upgrade the offense.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    The Chiefs are what they are.  It’s mostly a personnel issue and they missed on their offensive acquisitions.  I’ve moved on from expecting anything this season and am hoping Brett Veach brings in some decent skill position players in FA and the draft since there will be cap room with Chris Jones coming off of the books.

I felt like this year would be a step back with hopefully two steps forward this year.  They miscalculated on the receiver room big time.  The only one worth a damn is Rice and MVS is a straight up bum.  Jawaan Taylor is looking like a bad investment.  The thing is, they swung and missed this year but as long as they look in the mirror and address the receiver situation, then it’s all good.  Shit they have made the Super Bowl three of the last five years and were a play away from making the other two seasons they fell short.  It’s been a pretty fucking amazing ride.  It’s time to shake up the apple cart and build this team differently.  

With regard to Spags, I’m not worried.  Reason being is you are seeing that if this team is top 5 in defense and middle in offense this is what you get.  Their formula needs to be top 5 in offense and middling in defense.  After they lose Chris Jones next year, they will regress back to the middle.  They have to upgrade the offense.
    We had a dominant defense, a top 5ish qb, and made the NFC Championship 3 years in a row with this absolute slop at receiver:
    Torrance Small.
    Charles Johnson.
    James Thrash.
    Todd Pinkston.
    Freddie Mitchell.

Should've at least made another SB and won one back then if they did not undervalue that position so much for so long. So frustrating to look back on. Ugh....

www.myspace.com