The National Football League

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,110
    edited December 2023
    Get_Right said:
    Also, yes...Juggler, to your point.
    Nobody would allow for it to be Tommy Won Ton or Tommy Fried Chicken.

Tommy noodles for the win!
    I've been Noodle, Noodleroni, Pasta, Ziti, Eyetie, WOP, Mayo The Wop, and various other things that people find humorous.   
    None of it bothered me.
    Tommy Cutlets is pretty good.
    No goombah or wiseguy?  Sheesh, unoriginal takes, lol.
    Goomba is generally a negative and a derogatory term.  Friends might make a joke but not give a nickname like that.  At least not my friends.  
    Wise guy?  No, although jokes are made.
    Ummm WOP is the most derogatory thing you can say to an Italian.  With Out Papers.  That's a slur.  Goombah?  That's a tough guy Italian or a made man.  Not sure where u heard that goombah was bad and WOP was good?!?
    That would be your interpretation as someone who is not Italian, right?

I know what WOP means....in modern times I don't find that to be anything meaningful.  My relatives are not now (as they were in early 1900s) trying to access the country.  However the other term still activates and suggests things that could still be real and discriminatory.   To me...my personal feelings.

To each their own....and back to football, Bobby Boucher
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,923
    MayDay10 said:
    The Devito stuff bores me.  

He will be completely forgotten less than a year from now.
    if I had to guess, I’d bet he’ll be josh dobbs in a few weeks.

hope not, tho. him vs. the $40 million dollar man would be a good QB controversy.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,402
    Sorry, when I see Tommy Devito and his agent, I don't see any Italians.  I see these guys.  

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,717
    This mildly bugs me---- but does anyone find it odd, especially in 2023, that Tommy Devito and his agent being Italian is somehow funny to a lot of people? I'm half Italian and I can see the humor. But what if Tommy Devito was black and had a black agent? Would it be acceptable to make jokes of their blackness? What if Tommy Devito was Asian and had a Chinese agent? Would twitter be laughing at their "overwhelming" Oriental-ness?

Again, I totally get the joke. I just suspect that a lot of the people laughing about it twitter are the same sort of people who would get mad at others for making similar jokes/comments about other races or ethnicities. 
    Maybe not to the same extent but wasn’t the linsanity stuff all based around his race.

Tommy DeVito is awesome and he’d be a GOD in Philly 
  • This mildly bugs me---- but does anyone find it odd, especially in 2023, that Tommy Devito and his agent being Italian is somehow funny to a lot of people? I'm half Italian and I can see the humor. But what if Tommy Devito was black and had a black agent? Would it be acceptable to make jokes of their blackness? What if Tommy Devito was Asian and had a Chinese agent? Would twitter be laughing at their "overwhelming" Oriental-ness?

Again, I totally get the joke. I just suspect that a lot of the people laughing about it twitter are the same sort of people who would get mad at others for making similar jokes/comments about other races or ethnicities. 
    Maybe not to the same extent but wasn’t the linsanity stuff all based around his race.

Hahaha.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    This mildly bugs me---- but does anyone find it odd, especially in 2023, that Tommy Devito and his agent being Italian is somehow funny to a lot of people? I'm half Italian and I can see the humor. But what if Tommy Devito was black and had a black agent? Would it be acceptable to make jokes of their blackness? What if Tommy Devito was Asian and had a Chinese agent? Would twitter be laughing at their "overwhelming" Oriental-ness?

Well, I like the fact that he's helping the Giants get a worse first round pick.

www.myspace.com

100% with Lin. Not a whole lot of Asians in the association. Plus, wasn’t he an Ivy Leaguer?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,110
    edited December 2023
    Wobbie said:

100% with Lin. Not a whole lot of Asians in the association. Plus, wasn’t he an Ivy Leaguer?
    Well, the term wasn't about race, was it?, but the whole storm of it certainly was due to race.  💯 
    Still they didn't call him Lin Suey or something stupid that had to do with his race.  

I think Tommy DeVito is a great story.  Time will tell if it is a story or for real.  As a Brock Pyrdy fan it is tough to sell someone getting their shot too short.  Take it, Tommy, take it!

• Also, further mentions of Danny DeVito / Frank will never get old.

• Also, further mentions of Danny DeVito / Frank will never get old.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan FTW
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    Also, further mentions of Danny DeVito / Frank will never get old.

It astounds me that there are so many mentions of American Treasure Danny DeVito and so few of the more obvious comparison:

I mean, the character's name is Tommy DeVito.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Ha.  Totally forgot DeVito was Tommy's last name in Goodfellas.  
    Still, everyone loves Danny, err Frank, err, Mantis Toboggan, MD.  :lol:  
  • Get_Right said:

I've been Noodle, Noodleroni, Pasta, Ziti, Eyetie, WOP, Mayo The Wop, and various other things that people find humorous.   
    None of it bothered me.
    Goomba is generally a negative and a derogatory term.  Friends might make a joke but not give a nickname like that.  At least not my friends.  
    Ummm WOP is the most derogatory thing you can say to an Italian.  With Out Papers.  That's a slur.  Goombah?  That's a tough guy Italian or a made man.  Not sure where u heard that goombah was bad and WOP was good?!?

I know what WOP means....in modern times I don't find that to be anything meaningful.  My relatives are not now (as they were in early 1900s) trying to access the country.  However the other term still activates and suggests things that could still be real and discriminatory.   To me...my personal feelings.

Those interpretations came directly from my Italian friends as i'm surrounded by them from philly all the way up to maine.

I get you though. It is interesting how you differ from so many that I know.  Know any mob guys?  They are fun to talk to, lol!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Get_Right said:

None of it bothered me.

Those interpretations came directly from my Italian friends as i'm surrounded by them from philly all the way up to maine.

I get you though. It is interesting how you differ from so many that I know.  Know any mob guys?  They are fun to talk to, lol!
    "I have friends who are Italian." "Do you know anyone in the mob?"

Okay, okay, Tempo. Relax. Next you will say we all look a like right? Jesus. 

Only kidding! lol
    www.myspace.com
  • Get_Right said:

None of it bothered me.

I wouldn't say.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    edited December 2023
    Staley should just stay in Vegas

make a call for some blow & entertainment to be ready at his hotel… he’s not taking that flight back 🤣🤣

he’s in the right place 
    dead man walking.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • TB12 could come back from that score.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    CROJAM95 said:

make a call for some blow & entertainment to be ready at his hotel… he’s not taking that flight back 🤣🤣

he’s in the right place 
    They have to fire him tonight/tomorrow.
    Will we have 2nd 70pt game of year?
    Answer is no

khalil Mack should sack Staley for dramatic effect 🤣
  • Get_Right said:

None of it bothered me.

I wouldn't say.
    lol, good answer.
  • CROJAM95 said:
    I didn't watch the game as I haven't watched a Thursday game in years but, The Chargers are THIS bad? It's the Raiders for Godsake...
  • Jakobi Myers completed two passes to Davante Adams, the second a TD.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Chargers players spoke loud & clear on Staley....no way anyone loses like that to this shittyy Raider team unless the y want the coach gone

Dolphins putting up 70 is one thing, the Raiders with that QB?? Damn
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

he’s in the right place 
    They have to fire him tonight/tomorrow.
    he “believes in himself.”

I doubt he even gets another DC job. was he from the “mcvay tree”?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    CROJAM95 said:
    I didn't watch the game as I haven't watched a Thursday game in years but, The Chargers are THIS bad? It's the Raiders for Godsake...
    The Raiders with a backup QB no less.
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    a Guy who looks like he just hit Puberty with that weak ass stache and still has baby fat
  • They were showing Jim Plunkett in the stands.

Eagles lost Super Bowls to Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, and.... Jim Plunkett. FFS
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Yeah, I don't get it...  Like someone said, they must want that coach gone.