Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,671
    when I hear the talking heads putting Philly in the same league as SF, I just don’t see it.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Don't try to drag Philly into it this week, Cowboys guy.
    Take the beating without deflection!  :lol:   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,541
    It’s the 49ers Super Bowl to lose this year.  That machine looks unstoppable.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,829
    It just takes one injury...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    It just takes one injury...
    only if it’s Purdy.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    shoulda gone for it, Josh (you loser).

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    bailed his ass out.

did I just see mark davis with a hot chick?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,501
    Wobbie said:
    when I hear the talking heads putting Philly in the same league as SF, I just don’t see it.
    Phew. Feel so much better about the Eagles after reading this. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,787
    Wobbie said:
    shoulda gone for it, Josh (you loser).
    He is such a bad coach.  Horrible play calling and even worse clock management.  Obvious spot to call a TO before halftime and he just lets 40 seconds tick off the clock before they got the ball back.  A 7 year old playing Madden would know to call a TO there.  it's amazing how these NFL coaches still mess that shit up. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    seriously, I don’t see it. SF winning by an average of 20 points; iggles beating average to below average teams by 7.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,510
    Not NFL...But Jesus wtf was Miami Hurricanes coach smoking by not taking a knee??? Wow, he still has a job?

Worst call in coaching history, how can you lead a team after that? How do you live that down? Undefeated too

Props to GEORGIA TECH for completing a 44yd pass to get it done, but DAMN
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,811
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    seriously, I don’t see it. SF winning by an average of 20 points; iggles beating average to below average teams by 7.
    5 games.
    6 games ago the Eagles destroyed Niners.

Long season, peaks and valleys. Strikes and gutters, dude.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,757
    IDK - it could be new OC Brian Johnson is in over his head and the plain vanilla offense is just getting by less talented teams, or it could be they are working things in and ready to unleash when they hit the big games coming up.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,510
    Eagles 49ers a pick em....depends on where NFC title game to be played and who is healthier

Eagles can be just as dominate if not more
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,629
    Its a long season.  Injuries happen, tendencies get picked up on and teams make adjustments.  49ers should absolutely be on top of everyone's power rankings right now.  
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    Birds defense is already all jacked up in the secondary and linebacker unit (not that they prioritize them anyway). But right now SF is hitting on all cylinders, they deserve to be the best team in the league right now.

As a Birds fan, I'm sorta glad they're not even playing their best ball in the beginning of the season and are still 5-0. They need to figure out some things on offense (mainly the OC and better schemes), and the edge rushers have barely made an impact yet. So if and when those two things happen then I'll become obnoxious.
  • Options
    As a Niners fan, I've lived through 5 Super Bowl wins and 2 losses.
    Had some seasons where I thought they were the best, and they didn't make it through to SB.
    I'm not going to get bullish on anything until the playoffs.
    (And, I sat in the stands last year and thought Philly would win.  I'm a fan but I'm not a blind rooting interest fan.)

Hoping Niners ride whatever waves are coming and roll into playoffs.  Peaking at week 6 gets a team nothing.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,662
    There's a whole lot of football left to be played. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Well Wob, it's a good thing the Super Bowl is 4 months away. But congrats to San Francisco on winning the first 5 weeks!

Seriously though, the Eagles have not come close to playing their best football and are still 5-0. Just about all other SB losers are 2-3 or so at this point.

They have left a TON of points off the board with drives stalling in the red zone. Part of that is adjusting to the new OC but they need to be better. At this point, the Niners look like the better team. I'd rather be playing better in December than in October though. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,829
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Well Wob, it's a good thing the Super Bowl is 4 months away. But congrats to San Francisco on winning the first 5 weeks!

Seriously though, the Eagles have not come close to playing their best football and are still 5-0. Just about all other SB losers are 2-3 or so at this point.

They have left a TON of points off the board with drives stalling in the red zone. Part of that is adjusting to the new OC but they need to be better. At this point, the Niners look like the better team. I'd rather be playing better in December than in October though. 
    Browns fan here.  What is this "Super Bowl", of which you speak?
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,596
    As a Niners fan, I've lived through 5 Super Bowl wins and 2 losses.
    Had some seasons where I thought they were the best, and they didn't make it through to SB.
    I'm not going to get bullish on anything until the playoffs.
    (And, I sat in the stands last year and thought Philly would win.  I'm a fan but I'm not a blind rooting interest fan.)

Hoping Niners ride whatever waves are coming and roll into playoffs.  Peaking at week 6 gets a team nothing.
    Yeah, as a Niners fan I have gotten my hopes up too many times thinking "this is the year!" only to have a great season fall apart. I will keep an even keel and see how it plays out. A lot can happen over the course of a season.  
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,541
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

It's the game that is played at the end of the postseason.  You do know what the "postseason" is as a Browns fan?

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,331
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

It's the game that is played at the end of the postseason.  You do know what the "postseason" is as a Browns fan?

Maybe he doesn't know some people have nicknamed it that instead of the more classic Superb Owl. Not as catchy, but I think it may stick.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

Maybe he doesn't know some people have nicknamed it that instead of the more classic Superb Owl. Not as catchy, but I think it may stick.
    "Taking The Browns To The Super Bowl" is a thing.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

I can appreciate all of that, juggler…..but, right now, the “power ranking” should not even be close (IMO).

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    CROJAM95 said:
    Not NFL...But Jesus wtf was Miami Hurricanes coach smoking by not taking a knee??? Wow, he still has a job?

Worst call in coaching history, how can you lead a team after that? How do you live that down? Undefeated too

I watched that live and was laughing my ass off at the end!  The dumbest play call in recent sports history, of any sport, at any level.

I mean, I wanted Miami to still be undefeated when they come to Tallahassee,  but I can spare some bellows at their expense :rofl:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    CROJAM95 said:

That was nuts.
    Stupid, stupid coaching. Glad GT won so the thing got noticed.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    didn’t Cristobal do the same thing at Oregon?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

I can appreciate all of that, juggler…..but, right now, the “power ranking” should not even be close (IMO).
    With all due respect, who gives a shit about an October NFL power ranking though?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

With all due respect, who gives a shit about an October NFL power ranking though?
    No respect!  :lol:        

Power Wankings are what Wob prefers!