Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    I think Rodgers views are dumb, yeah, but I'm fine with that - it's supposed to be a free country. But he has acted like a total jackass the past few years (maybe longer and I just didn't know - I used to really enjoy watching him). He is pompous. He played horribly last year. The whole NY hype thing has been shoved down our throats all year. And if it's a "career ending injury" he has had a very long and prosperous career. So yeah, I'm all in on the schadenfreude and I'm not sorry about it at all.

I think he made about $10,000,000 per play this season.  Not bad
  • Options
    Aaron Rodgers out for the season  rdetroitlions
  • Options
    Jets gonna Jets...

What an absolute disaster.
  • Options

• Options

wow.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,533

wow.
    Holy shit, I usually don't laugh at someone's expense who is injured, but damn.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,322
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,959
    Brady looks completely different after his botox/plastic surgery or whatever the fuck happened to his face.

What a vain piece of shit.
    I just watched the video. I don't see a difference in his face. a bit slimmer maybe. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,599
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Damn

i got tix jets v cowboys next week while on pj trip

terrible 
    I’ll tell you what…Dak is one of my fantasy QB’s….not playing him against this Jets D. :nuh_uh:
    Who’s the other qb?

gonna be defensive slugfest next week

doinTexas game too

I actually have three….I know, I know.

they all face tough D’s this upcoming week…Dak vs. jets, cousins vs. philly, burrow vs. pittsburgh.
    Bengals play the Ravens, not the Steelers.  Tougher matchup, although at home.  None of your starts look good. 
    You are correct. Got my AFC north good D’s confused.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Yeah, it was a monster hype train.  Complete with the eye-rolling image of Rogers running out onto the field with the American flag.  Everyone is sick and tired of this guy and the Jets (already)

I honestly saw some measure of relief on Rogers' face as he was being carted off.  No more work, concussion risk, pressure, and easy money, while nobody could say it was his fault.

The Jets still have a hell of a team, but this blew up in their faces, bad.  Going to waste some years of some amazing rookie deals.  They currently have the best NFL team if we transported to 1975.

The bad part is Josh Allen shit his pants all over the field and between him and suspect coaching, they just handed the game to Wilson and the Jets (same thing happened last season).

yeah the flag thing was fucking stupid...way too much hype

I'll admit that I tuned in for the hype factor. I'm rooting for Wilson. The kid will make some mistakes but he just needs time.
    Fuck Zach Wilson. Hope his mommy doesn’t see this….otherwise, she’ll come to zachy’s defense on her Facebook page.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Zach’s mom: hooked on botox, xanax, the mirror and social media.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    What does that have to do with the kid doing good? I’m hoping he does flourish he most likely won’t but I’m rooting for him! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,823
    Yeah is this some weird Utah/BYU thing or something?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,761
    Did anyone notice Wroggers do the "pass the joint, take a hit" thing with G Wilson as he handed off the flag?  I laughed at it and asked my wife what she thought would happen if Geno Smith or Lamar Jackson would have done that, instead of Beloved Aaron Discount Double-check?  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,428
    His td/int career ratio is insane… 

• Options
    Wobbie said:
    What does that have to do with the kid doing good? I’m hoping he does flourish he most likely won’t but I’m rooting for him! 

He's an entitled little rich kid. He's got a younger brother coming up at the same lily white, mormon HS. have you been watching the news lately, in regard to mormon moms?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,755
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

He's an entitled little rich kid. He's got a younger brother coming up at the same lily white, mormon HS. have you been watching the news lately, in regard to mormon moms?
    No, but it's not like it's his fault that he's lilywhite or LDS.  What's the big deal?  I don't know much about him other than his mom was pretty decent looking late 40's woman when he hit the scene.  
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,823
    Yeah man, Utah Real Housewives of the LDS isn't really high on my list.

When I think entitled rich kid I think Johnny Manziel, not milquetoast whitebread from Utah. I guess that's usually the case to some extent, but don't really hold it against the kids?

Hell BDN Nick Foles came from a super wealthy family.

This is reminding me tho - I gotta get out to Utah. Not for the polygamy, of course (or maybe yes?), but for Zion, Bryce Canyon, etc.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,761
    Footlong From Funds?  Didn't realize that.

Utah is OK.  I'd like to visit Wobert's castle and drink 38 near beers with him.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,405

Utah is OK.  I'd like to visit Wobert's castle and drink 38 near beers with him.
    I've seen pictures of his house. I think he has nice plantation shutters. And some cool pooches. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I've seen pictures of his house. I think he has nice plantation shutters. And some cool pooches. 
    yes, to both.

here’s the thing about Utah….I moved here after 32 years in vegas….quite the 180. I don’t regret the move one bit….there’s a lot to like about salt lake and I was “over” vegas (the heat, the growth, the stucco, the lack of “community”). the worst thing about utah is the overwhelming LDS influence….these motherfuckers make up 88% of the legislature and they want to control/convert everyone. they act tolerant but are anything but. I’m down on religion in general but this one is particularly fucked up. zach wilson’s mom and “the church” in general both exude the “I’m/we’re better than you” mentality. 

also….I you were a grown ass professional athlete on a $39M contract, wouldn’t you tell mommy to knock it off with her facebook/instagram/X posts defending you? she did it again last night. again, fuck zach wilson.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    and, famously, after going 9 of 22 for 77 yards in a 10-3 loss to the Patriots:

”Do you feel you let the defense down at all.”

”No. No.”

fuck him. :loser:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,208

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,208

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    :lol:
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Ruthlesss...
  • Options
    Josh Allen better figure out how to be more efficient, he’s not gonna be able to run the way he does in a few years, takes unnecessary hits all the time

once that dries up, gonna need to protect the ball better… less off script plays
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,755
    CROJAM95 said:
    Josh Allen better figure out how to be more efficient, he’s not gonna be able to run the way he does in a few years, takes unnecessary hits all the time

once that dries up, gonna need to protect the ball better… less off script plays
    He also seems like he is getting more reckless with the ball, not just his body. They need to dial him back a little.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

He also seems like he is getting more reckless with the ball, not just his body. They need to dial him back a little.  
    Losing Daboll hurt him, Dorsey no where near Brian as OC
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Ruthlesss...
    What was really ruthless is some guy tweeted “Rodgers had 4 snaps; 5 if you count his achilles.”

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16