Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    The Jets' defense gave Allen and the Bills fits last year... however, the Bills had that game won, if not for 3-4, borderline bizarre, game changing plays by Allen.  Overall, the Bills converted on offense plenty enough to win the game.  Allen was uncomfortable though as Spencer Brown was pushed back into his lap nearly every dropback.

The pessimist in me says that Allen looks like he is winging it to some degree thinking he can get by on his talent/physical skills.  A lot of the mental and preparation stuff has gone to the backburner with his newfound commercials, girl drama, golf hobby, etc...

People around here like to freak out about Daboll, but forget that many fans wanted to run him out of here because that offense was sputtering too.  That was overshadowed by Allen playing nearly 2 straight perfect games in the playoffs that season.  The Giants did well last season, but I expect a strong regression this year from that playoff team
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Josh Allen better figure out how to be more efficient, he’s not gonna be able to run the way he does in a few years, takes unnecessary hits all the time

once that dries up, gonna need to protect the ball better… less off script plays
    He's not going to have to worry about a few years from now if he doesn't stop taking stupid risks. He needs to learn to slide and protect himself. 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mickeyrat said:

Ruthlesss...
    What was really ruthless is some guy tweeted “Rodgers had 4 snaps; 5 if you count his achilles.”
    I saw that and laughed as well.

Nobody liked my Rodgers Gone in 60 seconds meme though...
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,276
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,787
    The would have made a bit more sense had Wroggers actually been wearing the mask.

He can't go away fast enough!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    The would have made a bit more sense had Wroggers actually been wearing the mask.

People are making him into the Curt Schilling of Football.

I don't see him as bad as you guys make him out to be.
  • Options

A lot of people find self absorbed douche bags unlikeable. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,113
    edited September 2023

lol...are you an Aaron Rodgers apologist?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,787

This
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,625
    edited September 2023
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,723
    I did crack up seeing the mask.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

😂😂😂 that’s like what 85% of professional athletes and artist alike! That’s why I don’t put any athletes or artist on pedestals and I don’t invest any emotional energy into following every single thing they stand for! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

😂😂😂 that’s like what 85% of professional athletes and artist alike! That’s why I don’t put any athletes or artist on pedestals and I don’t invest any emotional energy into following every single thing they stand for! 
    I don't disagree that the majority of pro athletes and artists are insufferable. & like you, I don't invest "emotional energy into following every single thing they stand for". (what a weird [& condescending] thing to say).

Tempo suggested people are making Rodgers into the Curt Schilling of football, I would argue Rodgers has done that to himself. No one's made him open his mouth & say stupid shit, he's done that all on his own. 

If you don't think Rodgers is particularly insufferable, good for you, but that seems to be a minority viewpoint, and I think that's for good reason.

Sometimes people think someone's a dickhead because that person's a dickhead. Occam's razor & whatnot, it isn't a big mystery. 
  • Options

lol...are you an Aaron Rodgers apologist?
    Apologist? No, I find him entertaining.  Because you don't agree with him doesn't mean you can't like him.  I don't care for a lot of peoples views but find them interesting or fun to be around.
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,533
    mickeyrat said:

I thought this would be Rodgers idea of healing a ruptured achilles.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Aaron Rodgers quoted MLK Jr in a conversation defending his decision not to wear a mask during a pandemic. 

The guy's just an asshole.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,614

so, TB12 would fit this category?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Yup 
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Yup 
    I will add that far fewer of Brady's former teammates and coaches have talked shit about him than Rodgers however. There's no shortage of people out there willing to badmouth AR. 

Again... Occam's razor & whatnot. 
  • Options
    So rank these QBs in order of douchery.  Or just give a top 3.
    • Rodgers
    • Brady
    • Deshaun Watson
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Mac Jones
    • Joe Burrow
  • Options
    • Rodgers
    • Brady
    • Deshaun Watson
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Mac Jones
    • Joe Burrow
    IDK about ranking them, but I will ask this: Who on that list has had as many former teammates or coaches bad mouth them like Rodgers has? 

I'm not talking media, or fans, but actual former teammates and coaches. I've had some free time today, and been looking up some articles... people who think Rodgers gets a bad rap should do some digging. 
  • Options
    • Rodgers
    • Brady
    • Deshaun Watson
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Mac Jones
    • Joe Burrow
    Are Mac Jones, Joe Burrow or Kirk Cousins renowned dbags? 

That would be news to me. Even Mahomes... I can point to one or two things about him I don't like, but I've never considered him a dbag. 
  • Options
    • Rodgers
    • Brady
    • Deshaun Watson
    • Kirk Cousins
    • Patrick Mahomes
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Mac Jones
    • Joe Burrow
    Are Mac Jones, Joe Burrow or Kirk Cousins renowned dbags? 

That would be news to me. Even Mahomes... I can point to one or two things about him I don't like, but I've never considered him a dbag. 
    Just getting a temperature for QBs that have examples I'm not aware of.  I mainly threw in Mahomes so I wouldn't look like a homer.  However me throwing in Burrow does make me look like a homer now that Cincy-KC are considered rivals.

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826
    edited September 2023
    • Deshaun Watson (1)
    • Rodgers (2)
    • Kirk Cousins (3)
    I think I gotta go with these three from that list in this order. I can't stand Brady but that's because he's the greatest living football player and did not play for my team.

Really there's only three douches on that list - Watson, Rodger, Brady - and Kirk is more just corny as hell. I don't think the rest of them really have a douche factor. Maybe Mahomes pulling the Kenny Powers/Chainsmokers thing on Kimmel, but that's a complete reach on my part.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options

I don't disagree that the majority of pro athletes and artists are insufferable. & like you, I don't invest "emotional energy into following every single thing they stand for". (what a weird [& condescending] thing to say).

Tempo suggested people are making Rodgers into the Curt Schilling of football, I would argue Rodgers has done that to himself. No one's made him open his mouth & say stupid shit, he's done that all on his own. 

If you don't think Rodgers is particularly insufferable, good for you, but that seems to be a minority viewpoint, and I think that's for good reason.

Sometimes people think someone's a dickhead because that person's a dickhead. Occam's razor & whatnot, it isn't a big mystery. 
    I wasn’t pointing my post at you or anyone here it was my statement of how I feel about athletes or artist! I’m not a Rodgers fan I’m a Jet fan I’m rooting for Wilson to flourish that’s all we got. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    There's always going to be players that people don't like... when they play for a rival, it's easy to find unlikable things... when they play for your team, it's easier to overlook unlikeable things.

Having said all that, Aaron Rodgers deserves every second of his reputation. He's not a victim, he's just an asshole. 
  • Options
    I would go Watson, Rodgers, Mayfield.  Mayfield only because as a Kansas grad I hate everything about the Oklahoma Sooners and him sparring with a crowd in Lawrence, KS who was backing a winless team in the middle of arguably the worst decade of college football for any school was pretty pathetic and obnoxious.  I'm enjoying the fact he's flopped as a #1 overall pick.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,766
    I would go Watson, Rodgers, Mayfield.  Mayfield only because as a Kansas grad I hate everything about the Oklahoma Sooners and him sparring with a crowd in Lawrence, KS who was backing a winless team in the middle of arguably the worst decade of college football for any school was pretty pathetic and obnoxious.  I'm enjoying the fact he's flopped as a #1 overall pick.
    There's nothing wrong with Watson.  When you put on Orange and Brown, you are purified from your sins.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    There's nothing wrong with Watson.  When you put on Orange and Brown, you are purified from your sins.  

Could the same have been said for Baker?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,766
    mrussel1 said:

Could the same have been said for Baker?
    No he sucks.  He doesn't wear those colors anymore.  

Although I lived ten years in Tampa, five of them when there were no Browns...so maybe he gets a pass.  

The world is very simple for me.