mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Boo!  
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Possible 6 feet of snow for the bills game
    Will most likely move it if it's too damn much.
    Move it to what day? or move it to another site?(Too late for that?)

Bills play Thursday 12:30 in Detroit.
    Detroit is where they move it to.  (Lions on road this weekend.)
    Just heard that on the radio.

Good move, but it would've been fun for us sitting at Home watching the game>LOL
    I was making preparations to attend.  Kind of disappointed, but I get it.  The issue is clearing the roads and parking lots with resources that should be spent on more critical things.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    MayDay10 said:
    They moved the game to Detroit.  Its going to be a mess.
    boo.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Let them play in the snow! Eagles played in a snow game like 5 years ago against the Lions. That was a fun game!
    Lions vs Eagles 2013 final score Philadelphia dominates Snow Bowl 34-20  - SBNationcom
    Remembering the Eagles vs Detroit Lions Snow Bowl 2013 - njcom
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Let them play in the snow! Eagles played in a snow game like 5 years ago against the Lions. That was a fun game!
    Lions vs Eagles 2013 final score Philadelphia dominates Snow Bowl 34-20  - SBNationcom
    They have had some pretty epic games in the past

The snow is actually supposed to stop before kickoff.  However, between now and then, buffalo proper might get 6 feet of snowfall.  It's a serious situation and a bad look using public resources, equipment, and manpower to  Lear out the stadium, lots, nearby streets (plus there is nowhere to put that volume of snow quickly).  Plus, 70,000 people descending on the stadium in those conditions is hazardous.

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

The snow is actually supposed to stop before kickoff.  However, between now and then, buffalo proper might get 6 feet of snowfall.  It's a serious situation and a bad look using public resources, equipment, and manpower to  Lear out the stadium, lots, nearby streets (plus there is nowhere to put that volume of snow quickly).  Plus, 70,000 people descending on the stadium in those conditions is hazardous.

So you're saying the Bills are scared.  I get it.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

of who?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    some pretty great play calling by the titans tonight.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Will they stop running stupid Wroggers state farm commercials now?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Bills play the Lions next week so they will just stay in Detroit now.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    some pretty great play calling by the titans tonight.
    Great game plan for sure.  I love Vrabel. He's my favorite coach in the league.  I would love for the Browns to pay Watson money for him. 
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

of who?
    The Browns.. duh. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Apparently not. Per Ian Rappaport, they'll fly to DET Saturday, play Sunday, fly back to Buffalo, then fly back to Detroit Wednesday.

It's a pretty quick flight. Obviously if it were a long flight like to the west coast, they might go about it differently.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691
    edited November 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

of who?
    The Browns.. duh. 

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

ok, why?
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Apparently not. Per Ian Rappaport, they'll fly to DET Saturday, play Sunday, fly back to Buffalo, then fly back to Detroit Wednesday.

It's a pretty quick flight. Obviously if it were a long flight like to the west coast, they might go about it differently.
    WTH would you want to go back to snowmageddon?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Poncier said:

Hot wings?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Hey look! There's Super Bowl 52 MVP NICK FOLES!

Also, Dave....5 years? 5 years was the Super Bowl season. This game was in 2013. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Hot wings?
    True story.  In the mid 80's we visited family up there and would eat wings pretty much the whole time we were there.

We once went to a garage and ordered them.  As a kid I was shocked to see someone was able to order 100-200 wings at a time.  Then we ordered 100 and it wasn't enough.  We had to go back, lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Are the wings in Buffalo really that good? Or do people talk about them so much just because they originated there?

I would put the Boat House's wings up against any other place in the country.

Conshohocken, PA. Yes, Conshohocken. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MayDay10 said:

of who?
    The Browns.. duh. 

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

ok, why?
    Because that 3-6 record is going to reign hell on the lowly Bills. 
  • Options
    Are the wings in Buffalo really that good? Or do people talk about them so much just because they originated there?

Just think back to the 80's and 90's.  You had very few places that did wings.  It was a niche thing.  then BW3/Buffalo WW came around and now every bar has them.

I had a little hole in the wall place by me that made FANTASTIC wings but they went under.

Eddies in Uniontown was pretty damn good too.

Now I make my own and have it down to a science.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

In my opinion, yes they are that good... There are certain places that are ridiculous.  You have to know how to order them though.  Hot is good, but too hot takes the taste away.  Need to get them crispy.  A certain amount of sauce is good.  Bleu Cheese too is key.  Some popular local places even do them up in different rubs/flavors that are super good and not your traditional hot-wing.  One of the main tourist trap wing places in the area, ironically is bottom rung as far as wings go and I cringe when out of towners go there.

It isn't complicated.  I wouldnt doubt a place in Conshohocken knows how to do it.  It surprises me how some of these 'regional' foods cant be replicated well outside of the area, especially a simple thing.  

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336

Ha! I must have around 10 of those plastic Boathouse cups! You're right though, damn good wings!

• Options

I would wonder the same thing, juggler. some are better than others, but there’s really not a whole lot to wings.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited November 2022
    MayDay10 said:

In my opinion, yes they are that good... There are certain places that are ridiculous.  You have to know how to order them though.  Hot is good, but too hot takes the taste away.  Need to get them crispy.  A certain amount of sauce is good.  Bleu Cheese too is key.  Some popular local places even do them up in different rubs/flavors that are super good and not your traditional hot-wing.  One of the main tourist trap wing places in the area, ironically is bottom rung as far as wings go and I cringe when out of towners go there.

It isn't complicated.  I wouldnt doubt a place in Conshohocken knows how to do it.  It surprises me how some of these 'regional' foods cant be replicated well outside of the area, especially a simple thing.  

Crispy is the only way to go with ANY wings, IMO. I order them well done 100% of the time. 

Shame on me... I was up in Buffalo for Tool in February and didn't make a point of getting some wings. I blame my travel partner, him being a Buffalo native & all. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

When I go to western NY, I make sure I get some Beef on Weck.  Other cities do good wings, but the kummelweck there is special.  
  • Options
    Croos1226 said:

Ha! I must have around 10 of those plastic Boathouse cups! You're right though, damn good wings!

I went years without going there until the afternoon of the PJ show a couple months ago...amazingly, they did not skip a beat. Fucking perfect wings after all these years. Wish I lived a little closer!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Also, flats are clearly superior to the drumsticks. I am sure we can all agree on that. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Also, flats are clearly superior to the drumsticks. I am sure we can all agree on that. 
    I can.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    One thing I have noticed in places outside of Buffalo with chicken wings

They always seem to throw a bunch of tabasco in their sauce.  Or just amp up the sauce in general with too much heat thinking the 'hot' part is the attraction.

Franks, Butter, maybe some cayanne, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce is fine