Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    The stats say that a rc QB that makes it to the SB doesn't ever return.  After watching last nights game I would agree.  The Browns D was really good and the Bengals stunk.
    What is a rc QB?
    rc RC Rookie.  You never collected baseball cards as a kid?
    Ah.  Burrow didn't make the super bowl as a rookie, thus my confusion.
    Oh shit that's right.  He got hurt his rc year. SB year was his first full year.  It was the QB's first full year in the league never made it back then.
    Did not know that....interesting. 

I'll rephrase it one more time.  Debut QB's that lose in the SB never return.
    Gotta be a small sample size though. Which qb's are we talking about?
    the last 16 of them, lol.
    That's not rookie or first full season guys though. That's just qb's making their first appearance and losing. And the names, for the most part, are full of mediocrity and on teams you would not expect to return any time soon...

Garroppolo
    Goff
    Ryan
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Grossman
    Hasselbeck
    McNabb
    Delhomme
    Gannon
    Collins
    McNair
    Chandler
    Bledsoe
    O'Donnell
    Humphries

There's like 3, maybe 4 good to really good qb's here. I wouldn't put any stock into this and wouldn't lump Burrow in with these guys, especially since he's so young. Most of these guys were well into their careers by the time they got there. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The stats say that a rc QB that makes it to the SB doesn't ever return.  After watching last nights game I would agree.  The Browns D was really good and the Bengals stunk.
    What is a rc QB?

I've never heard of an rc Quarterback. 

I've heard of rookie cards, and rookie quarterbacks, but never "RC quarterback".   
  • Options
    What is a rc QB?

I've never heard of an rc Quarterback. 

I've heard of rookie cards, and rookie quarterbacks, but never "RC quarterback".   
    See the RC shield.  It's known as a rc or rookie.  
    Patrick Mahomes Rookie Cards Guide Top List Best Autographs Gallery
  • Options
    What is a rc QB?
    Oh shit that's right.  He got hurt his rc year. SB year was his first full year.  It was the QB's first full year in the league never made it back then.

That's not rookie or first full season guys though. That's just qb's making their first appearance and losing. And the names, for the most part, are full of mediocrity and on teams you would not expect to return any time soon...

Garroppolo
    Goff
    Ryan
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Grossman
    Hasselbeck
    McNabb
    Delhomme
    Gannon
    Collins
    McNair
    Chandler
    Bledsoe
    O'Donnell
    Humphries

There's like 3, maybe 4 good to really good qb's here. I wouldn't put any stock into this and wouldn't lump Burrow in with these guys, especially since he's so young. Most of these guys were well into their careers by the time they got there. 
    I corrected myself by saying Debut QB's that lose in the SB never return.

Cam was new, Garopolo new, Kap new, Goff new, there are 4 but I will agree as only a few were actually really good. Most of the guys were established already.  I always wanted McNabb to win one.

It's an interesting stupid stat
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    What is a rc QB?

Garroppolo
    Goff
    Ryan
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Grossman
    Hasselbeck
    McNabb
    Delhomme
    Gannon
    Collins
    McNair
    Chandler
    Bledsoe
    O'Donnell
    Humphries

Cam was new, Garopolo new, Kap new, Goff new, there are 4 but I will agree as only a few were actually really good. Most of the guys were established already.  I always wanted McNabb to win one.

I think Cam was in his fifth year. Also, Bledsoe technically made it back. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    What is a rc QB?

Garroppolo
    Goff
    Ryan
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Grossman
    Hasselbeck
    McNabb
    Delhomme
    Gannon
    Collins
    McNair
    Chandler
    Bledsoe
    O'Donnell
    Humphries

I think Cam was in his fifth year. Also, Bledsoe technically made it back. lol
    They mentioned Bledsoe.  He did make it back but not as a starter.  Was cam that far in his career?  That's another QB I was sad to see lose his talent.

Still though, interesting stupid stat.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    What is a rc QB?

Garroppolo
    Goff
    Ryan
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Grossman
    Hasselbeck
    McNabb
    Delhomme
    Gannon
    Collins
    McNair
    Chandler
    Bledsoe
    O'Donnell
    Humphries

Technically Bledsoe made it back. He was Brady's back up in SB 36, and while he didn't play, had played more than half of the AFC title game to get there when Brady sprained his ankle and threw the only TD pass in that game.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    edited November 2022
    Poncier said:
    What is a rc QB?

Garroppolo
    Goff
    Ryan
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Grossman
    Hasselbeck
    McNabb
    Delhomme
    Gannon
    Collins
    McNair
    Chandler
    Bledsoe
    O'Donnell
    Humphries

Technically Bledsoe made it back. He was Brady's back up in SB 36, and while he didn't play, had played more than half of the AFC title game to get there when Brady sprained his ankle and threw the only TD pass in that game.
    See above, you're late.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    What is a rc QB?

Garroppolo
    Goff
    Ryan
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Grossman
    Hasselbeck
    McNabb
    Delhomme
    Gannon
    Collins
    McNair
    Chandler
    Bledsoe
    O'Donnell
    Humphries

See above, you're late.
    Story of my life
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    What is a rc QB?

Garroppolo
    Goff
    Ryan
    Newton
    Kaepernick
    Grossman
    Hasselbeck
    McNabb
    Delhomme
    Gannon
    Collins
    McNair
    Chandler
    Bledsoe
    O'Donnell
    Humphries

See above, you're late.
    Story of my life
    lol.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    That Bills/Vikings game was insane!

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

The Bills just refused to accept victory in that game. That was wild. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

The Bills just refused to accept victory in that game. That was wild. 
    I am accustomed to the Bills losing in interesting and newly-invented ways.  That was a new one.

They really should have won the game by 3+ touchdowns.  It was frustrating the Vikings were even still in the game.  Then, after blowing it 6 times, they still had chances to win and couldnt do it.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Justin Jefferson is that DUDE

• Options

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

I had everybody tune into that game.  What a final 2 minutes.
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

That catch on 4th and 18.
    One of the greatest in league history.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Which outdid the previous one handed catch earlier.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Right. That Diggs catch was also phenomenal. But when you factor in the scenario (4th and 18 down 4 late in the 4th), that catch by Jefferson is an all time great NFL play.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited November 2022
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Right. That Diggs catch was also phenomenal. But when you factor in the scenario (4th and 18 down 4 late in the 4th), that catch by Jefferson is an all time great NFL play.
    One of many "holy crap" plays during that game.  What a bizarre game.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    Damn, Cooper Kupp out for awhile.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I finally watched the post game w Derrick Carr.  Good for him.  Calling out his teammates who aren't playing with heart.  You should see a big turnaround w some players.

Carr I know isn't the best QB but from what I have always read/heard is he puts in the work.  A true leader.
  • Options
    Possible 6 feet of snow for the bills game
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Will most likely move it if it's too damn much.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    MayDay10 said:
    Move it to what day? or move it to another site?(Too late for that?)

Bills play Thursday 12:30 in Detroit.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    cutz said:
    MayDay10 said:

Detroit is where they move it to.  (Lions on road this weekend.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    cutz said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's the only option that makes sense. They better decide quick though... if they wait too long to decide the team might be stuck in Buffalo.  
  • Options
    They moved the game to Detroit.  Its going to be a mess.

That actually works out in the Bills' favor.  I can see Cleveland beating the Bills in a horrible storm with Chubb...  but in a dome?  Its less likely.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    MayDay10 said:
    They moved the game to Detroit.  Its going to be a mess.

That actually works out in the Bills' favor.  I can see Cleveland beating the Bills in a horrible storm with Chubb...  but in a dome?  Its less likely.
    Yeah i would love a bad weather game.  Definitely evens the game with Chubb
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    cutz said:
    MayDay10 said:

Just heard that on the radio.

Good move, but it would've been fun for us sitting at Home watching the game>LOL