Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Really bad trade by 49ers

As a Niners fan, I will try to look at this in best case scenario and cheer for it....however, my opinion is that the last thing an injury prone team needs to do is to trade nearly an entire draft of picks for a guy who is 6 years in to the most injury susceptible position and who is known to be a player who is always injured.

Side note - when the team is healthy they make many RBs look good.  
    Yeah, I am wary of this trade as well. An often injured player coming to the Niners seems like a disaster waiting to happen based on how many injuries this team has had for the last half decade. I would rather see them looking to beef up the O-line and defensive secondary.
    We agree.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    Watching McCaffrey in Shanahan's offense should be pretty exciting.  But they also just seem to plug in anyone and they're able to run the ball pretty well.  But damn that's a lot to give up for a position that seems to have less and less value these days....
  • Options
    Watching McCaffrey in Shanahan's offense should be pretty exciting.  But they also just seem to plug in anyone and they're able to run the ball pretty well.  But damn that's a lot to give up for a position that seems to have less and less value these days....
    If he is healthy, it's a damn HR and a pretty good path to the SB.

I still don't like it though.  Lots of risk and a good reward though...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287

The path likely ends at Lincoln Financial Field though. Would still be a good season for them. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,474
    Really bad trade by 49ers

As a Niners fan, I will try to look at this in best case scenario and cheer for it....however, my opinion is that the last thing an injury prone team needs to do is to trade nearly an entire draft of picks for a guy who is 6 years in to the most injury susceptible position and who is known to be a player who is always injured.

Side note - when the team is healthy they make many RBs look good.  
    McCFFREY A FEW YEARS AGO SURE but now?  I don't know man...

At least he didn't get largest guaranteed contract in history as a shady dude who likes to force himself on women.  

or the contract given to the dude who made hay with marshawn lynch and the legion of boom.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

The path likely ends at Lincoln Financial Field though. Would still be a good season for them. 
    gotta love the juggler!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509

As a Niner fan, if they don't get their act together and stop losing to teams they should beat, the playoffs might not even be a concern.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    Damn finally both NY teams are really doing good I can’t remember the last time both teams were playing this well! I’m a Jets fan so I’ll be cautiously enjoying this..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    Get a summary of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Carolina Panthers football game https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401437793 via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

hard not to laugh.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    This may be a stretch but when I saw the Dolphins head coachNew Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel on race I identify as a human being
    He reminded me of Napoleon Dynamites brother Kip.
    Kip in Napoleon Dynamite Memba Him

Yay or Nay?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    edited October 2022
    Damn finally both NY teams are really doing good I can’t remember the last time both teams were playing this well! I’m a Jets fan so I’ll be cautiously enjoying this..
    Losing the star rookie RB is terrible, not since Curtis Martin has there been someone like this

He  was magical, hopefully comes back close to form  after rehab 

Zach Wilson needs to make strides, looks very inconsistent 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    So can we definitively say it was Brady now?  Juggler awfully quiet about Bellicheck these days.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,797
    pjhawks said:
    So can we definitively say it was Brady now?  Juggler awfully quiet about Bellicheck these days.
    How well does Brady do without Gronk

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Zappe's ceiling is Gardner minshew.  
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

If you don't think NE's success over the last two decades was as much Belichick as it was Brady, I question your understanding of the game. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Zappe's ceiling is Gardner minshew.  
    Oh man, I liked Minshew and that fantastic 'stache.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    How well does Brady do without Gronk

Won 4 Super Bowls without him.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I have a lot of respect for belichick and what he has done, accomplished, and his place in the history of the league/sport.  But I think the league has passed him by a bit and the Patriots are in need to modernize a bit in front office and coaching.  Wouldnt hurt them for the wheels to fall off this season and end up in the top 5 to grab one of those QBs.

The AFC is an arms race right now with the QBs and some of the other positional talent (Kelce, Chase, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Hall, etc).  The Dolphins, Jets, and Bills are no longer dormant.  Fielding a 'competent' QB with a decent defense and strong running game isn't going to go anywhere except staying somewhat competitive to grab a low seed in the playoffs year to year.

And the idea that the franchise is going to magically hit on another Brady is fantasy.  Mac Jones was the brady story last season... but now the crowd goes nuts to see Zappe run in there as he is now the Brady story.  
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    I have a lot of respect for belichick and what he has done, accomplished, and his place in the history of the league/sport.  But I think the league has passed him by a bit and the Patriots are in need to modernize a bit in front office and coaching.  Wouldnt hurt them for the wheels to fall off this season and end up in the top 5 to grab one of those QBs.

The AFC is an arms race right now with the QBs and some of the other positional talent (Kelce, Chase, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Hall, etc).  The Dolphins, Jets, and Bills are no longer dormant.  Fielding a 'competent' QB with a decent defense and strong running game isn't going to go anywhere except staying somewhat competitive to grab a low seed in the playoffs year to year.

And the idea that the franchise is going to magically hit on another Brady is fantasy.  Mac Jones was the brady story last season... but now the crowd goes nuts to see Zappe run in there as he is now the Brady story.  
    Anyone who thinks NE is going to hit on another Brady is in the minority (& completely untethered from reality).

RE: coaching, until last night the coaches were having a pretty damn good year, and it was one of their strengths over the last 4 games
  • Options
    edited October 2022

If you don't think NE's success over the last two decades was as much Belichick as it was Brady, I question your understanding of the game. 
    losing record prior to Brady and .500 record post Brady.   He hasn't exactly lit the world on fire without him.   Lots of people here tried to make it seem it was more Bellicheck than Brady and that the Pats would continue to role because of Bellicheck. Hasn't been the case.  Way more Brady than Bellicheck.   And yes I know it's a stupid argument and not really the time for the argument. I just hate the notion that Bellicheck is the greatest of all time because he had the greatest QB of all time.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    pjhawks said:

losing record prior to Brady and .500 record post Brady.   He hasn't exactly lit the world on fire without him.   Lots of people here tried to make it seem it was more Bellicheck than Brady and that the Pats would continue to role because of Bellicheck. Hasn't been the case.  Way more Brady than Bellicheck.
    I can't speak for the people saying it was more Belichick than Brady, I say it was both. 

Were you not around for the '01, '03 & '04 championships? Those were before Brady became the Brady we've known since '07, and those defenses were f'ing absurd. 

Even their last two titles against the Falcons and Rams were phenomenal defensive performances. Yeah, the former had the biggest comeback in SB history, but that was only on the shoulders of an amazing defensive performance. & do you think NE wins the 2018 AFCCG if they don't hold Mahomes to < 50 yards in the 1st half? 

I stand by my statement: If you don't think NE's success over the last two decades was as much Belichick as it was Brady, I question your understanding of the game. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Losing the star rookie RB is terrible, not since Curtis Martin has there been someone like this

He  was magical, hopefully comes back close to form  after rehab 

This is the 1 season since the Rex years that I’ve tuned in so I need to catch up! My son keeps me in the loop all things Jets, I agree with your assessment on the injuries that is definitely a bummer! 
  • Options
    Doesn't Belicheks supporting cast keep moving on?  You have to applaud people like him and Saban that have their coaches leave and still do well.  Saban more that Bill right now obviously.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Doesn't Belicheks supporting cast keep moving on?  You have to applaud people like him and Saban that have their coaches leave and still do well.  Saban more that Bill right now obviously.
    That's what the great ones do, they adapt. Saban learned from the best. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    pjhawks said:

losing record prior to Brady and .500 record post Brady.   He hasn't exactly lit the world on fire without him.   Lots of people here tried to make it seem it was more Bellicheck than Brady and that the Pats would continue to role because of Bellicheck. Hasn't been the case.  Way more Brady than Bellicheck.
    I can't speak for the people saying it was more Belichick than Brady, I say it was both. 

Were you not around for the '01, '03 & '04 championships? Those were before Brady became the Brady we've known since '07, and those defenses were f'ing absurd. 

Even their last two titles against the Falcons and Rams were phenomenal defensive performances. Yeah, the former had the biggest comeback in SB history, but that was only on the shoulders of an amazing defensive performance. & do you think NE wins the 2018 AFCCG if they don't hold Mahomes to < 50 yards in the 1st half? 

I stand by my statement: If you don't think NE's success over the last two decades was as much Belichick as it was Brady, I question your understanding of the game. 
    yes i was around when they cheated the Eagles.  :)

and that legendary defensive coach gave up 41 in the Super Bowl to a backup QB...or as I like to call it one of the greatest days in world history.

75% Brady, 25% Bellicheck
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    pjhawks said:

yes i was around when they cheated the Eagles.  :)

and that legendary defensive coach gave up 41 in the Super Bowl to a backup QB...or as I like to call it one of the greatest days in world history.

75% Brady, 25% Bellicheck

Oh my, you're just precious. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

overhyped from day 1.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    CROJAM95 said:

overhyped from day 1.
    Still doesn’t mean he won’t mature into a good quarterback! 
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,888
    Brady will be back with the Patriots to end his career....He's not hanging it up after this season.. Bill & Brady will be back together to end their careers chasing that one last ring. It's happening....
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Attaway77 said:
    Brady will be back with the Patriots to end his career....He's not hanging it up after this season.. Bill & Brady will be back together to end their careers chasing that one last ring. It's happening....
    OMG, the hate would be strong!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14