• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    I'm glad no one is up in arms about Aikmens comment about taking off the dresses.
    Football is sexist?  Not a shocker.  
    I cannot stand Aikman pretty much forever.  (USC alum and 49ers fan....it is natural hate.  :lol:)

Troy is the man.
    System QB.
    Just hand the ball to Emmitt.
    Yeah, because Irvin became a HOF receiver for handing it off to Smith...
    You miss the point of my post, but Wob should get it assuming his old man memory is in tact.
    I'm lost on this or did Wob call Aikman a system QB at some point?
    Actually, it harkens back to Wob's insistence that Brady is merely an average "system" QB and that Aikman was a far superior QB to Brady.
    with all the recent talk of “what’s wrong with brady?” I wonder if the elephant in the room might be his crumbling marriage. I guess that’s kind of off limits for the talking heads but, OMG, TB12 stands to lose some huge money. will jizzelle get half of his TV contract?
    The Tiger Woods/Jeff Gordon syndrome.  When they lost their women they crumbled.  Gordon did come back though.  Tiger?  Not so much.
    Back and knee injuries have been Tiger's problem the last 10 years, not his ex wife. That drama was temporary. 
    When his wife left him he spiraled out of control.  He started getting hurt, DUI and so on.  Look at the timeline.  Golfer of the year blah blah blah up to 2009.
    2010 divorce and ailments after.
    Yeah but after that bullshit he became the number 1 player in the world again for a couple of years. Then the back and knee injuries started piling up but that happened like 4 years or so after the scandal. Injuries and father time are what has hindered Tiger.

Yes he did come back but again, when he lost his wife shit went south.  He didn't come back for 3 years. Even Gordon came back after a bit too.

Brady might be messed up from this and is too old to recover/bounce back?

Losing your lady takes a toll is what I am getting at.  I know there are more.  Anyone who dated Many Moore count, lol?  Or was that Jessica Simpson?  I forgot who was the kiss of death.
    I think it is just a coincidence! How can you correlate a divorce with needing your back fused back together multiple times? That doesn't make any sense. All that stuff happened in 2009. Then he kept getting hurt in 2010 and 2011. Finally got healthy and won 8 times over the next two years and was the best in the world again. Then the injuries were nonstop for the next four years....but the divorce was way behind him by that point. 

Jessica Simpson was the one you are thinking of, I think. Didn't Romo date her?
    Timeline shows he played like shit right after he got caught.  It seems as if the injuries were exasperated from that too.  When he was on top he was in another world.  That came crumbling down and he had to face reality.
    The timeline you are referring to contain injuries completely unrelated to his scandal that started just months after the news broke. 
    Linking a divorce to the downward spiral of an aging/injury prone athlete seems pretty ridiculous. The vast majority of professional athletes get divorced. 
    At the same time, I think we all know that when personal lives are a mess, it bleeds into work life.  I see it all the time.  So it would stand to reason that a mess, public divorce for Tiger would have to affect his professional life, in some way.  Maybe he still played well, but if he had a stable home life, my guess is he would have played better. 
    In the short term, probably. But to say that is the reason for his struggles for the last decade plus does not sound plausible at all to me, considering all of the other injuries that would have ended a lot of other golfers' careers. 
    Decade?  I said Tiger came back but not so much.  He had that reprieve in 2013 and injuries prevailed after that.

I should have said he had a downfall because of his woman, it wasn't a decades worth though.
    Your original quote said his career crumbled and he never really came back...insinuating that it was due to the divorce and not older age/debilitating injuries. 

His injuries actually started in 2008, before the divorce, which is more evidence that this is more a coincidence than anything else. 
    Yep yep.  I didn't finish my thought in my head.  Got it.

Well he still one everything in 2009 too.  Again like I followed up on, I believe his injuries were exacerbated from the divorce.  It's my opinion.

At least you didn't discount double check Gordon or most likely don't give a shit about NASCAR, lol.  Gordon couldn't do anything right for a while there...  
    I can understand the point Russell made about that stuff taking a mental toll on him but I cannot connect the dots to unrelated injuries. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    I'm glad no one is up in arms about Aikmens comment about taking off the dresses.
    I cannot stand Aikman pretty much forever.  (USC alum and 49ers fan....it is natural hate.  :lol:)

Troy is the man.
    System QB.
    You miss the point of my post, but Wob should get it assuming his old man memory is in tact.
    Actually, it harkens back to Wob's insistence that Brady is merely an average "system" QB and that Aikman was a far superior QB to Brady.
    with all the recent talk of “what’s wrong with brady?” I wonder if the elephant in the room might be his crumbling marriage. I guess that’s kind of off limits for the talking heads but, OMG, TB12 stands to lose some huge money. will jizzelle get half of his TV contract?
    The Tiger Woods/Jeff Gordon syndrome.  When they lost their women they crumbled.  Gordon did come back though.  Tiger?  Not so much.
    Back and knee injuries have been Tiger's problem the last 10 years, not his ex wife. That drama was temporary. 
    When his wife left him he spiraled out of control.  He started getting hurt, DUI and so on.  Look at the timeline.  Golfer of the year blah blah blah up to 2009.
    Yeah but after that bullshit he became the number 1 player in the world again for a couple of years. Then the back and knee injuries started piling up but that happened like 4 years or so after the scandal. Injuries and father time are what has hindered Tiger.

Yes he did come back but again, when he lost his wife shit went south.  He didn't come back for 3 years. Even Gordon came back after a bit too.

Losing your lady takes a toll is what I am getting at.  I know there are more.  Anyone who dated Many Moore count, lol?  Or was that Jessica Simpson?  I forgot who was the kiss of death.
    I think it is just a coincidence! How can you correlate a divorce with needing your back fused back together multiple times? That doesn't make any sense. All that stuff happened in 2009. Then he kept getting hurt in 2010 and 2011. Finally got healthy and won 8 times over the next two years and was the best in the world again. Then the injuries were nonstop for the next four years....but the divorce was way behind him by that point. 

Timeline shows he played like shit right after he got caught.  It seems as if the injuries were exasperated from that too.  When he was on top he was in another world.  That came crumbling down and he had to face reality.
    The timeline you are referring to contain injuries completely unrelated to his scandal that started just months after the news broke. 
    Linking a divorce to the downward spiral of an aging/injury prone athlete seems pretty ridiculous. The vast majority of professional athletes get divorced. 
    At the same time, I think we all know that when personal lives are a mess, it bleeds into work life.  I see it all the time.  So it would stand to reason that a mess, public divorce for Tiger would have to affect his professional life, in some way.  Maybe he still played well, but if he had a stable home life, my guess is he would have played better. 
    In the short term, probably. But to say that is the reason for his struggles for the last decade plus does not sound plausible at all to me, considering all of the other injuries that would have ended a lot of other golfers' careers. 
    Decade?  I said Tiger came back but not so much.  He had that reprieve in 2013 and injuries prevailed after that.

I should have said he had a downfall because of his woman, it wasn't a decades worth though.
    Your original quote said his career crumbled and he never really came back...insinuating that it was due to the divorce and not older age/debilitating injuries. 

His injuries actually started in 2008, before the divorce, which is more evidence that this is more a coincidence than anything else. 

Well he still one everything in 2009 too.  Again like I followed up on, I believe his injuries were exacerbated from the divorce.  It's my opinion.

At least you didn't discount double check Gordon or most likely don't give a shit about NASCAR, lol.  Gordon couldn't do anything right for a while there...  
    I can understand the point Russell made about that stuff taking a mental toll on him but I cannot connect the dots to unrelated injuries. 
    I look at it like this, and it's not far fetched.

When you are on top of the world in another zone you can block out a bunch of things, you have that focus.  Once that is taken away then the facade comes down and reality sets in.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Troy is the man.
    System QB.
    She was worth way more than he was up to a few years ago.  I don't know about now - guessing they don't count that stupid fox deal that doesn't start until he is done playing 

His TB12 business has to be worth a ton.
    Could be....but it was not close at that point.  I'm sure someone will wrote an article on this, soon, if it has not be done in the last week or two.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Look up the back up QB for the chargers.  He does double duty as he works for the NFL network as a MNF analyst.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Troy is the man.
    System QB.

I look at it like this, and it's not far fetched.

When you are on top of the world in another zone you can block out a bunch of things, you have that focus.  Once that is taken away then the facade comes down and reality sets in.

I still don't see how that relates to the injuries but....anyway....that's for the golf thread I guess. GO BIRDS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    Look up the back up QB for the chargers.  He does double duty as he works for the NFL network as a MNF analyst.
    Is it Fitzmagic?  
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Troy is the man.
    System QB.

don’t forget….Elin nailed him in the back with a nine iron.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    anyway….let’s talk about russell wilson’s $245M contract…..

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Troy is the man.
    System QB.

don’t forget….Elin nailed him in the back with a nine iron.
    I thought the rumor was she hit him in the face?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    Wobbie said:
    Juggler was all in on the Eagles trading for Wilson too. Thank god we didn’t 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
     that would have been great.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    I was half excited when we got Wilson.  But then I remembered the past and only 1 QB panned out after Elway so I knew we were doomed...

Hopefully he bounces back.  He was way too good to be this bad right now.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:
    I was half excited when we got Wilson.  But then I remembered the past and only 1 QB panned out after Elway so I knew we were doomed...

now he’s got a hammy issue.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    angels AND broncos? you’re a glutton for punishment.

do you have a shitty NBA team you root for?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Wobbie said:

He looks like he's aged 10 years since the beginning of last season. Hopefully when healthy he'll help you guys. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    edited October 2022
    Wobbie said:

The shittiest. He's a Jazz fan.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Hold it.  Broncos have 4 championships in my lifetime.  Halos I suffered through 86 but joyous in 02.

For basketball I follow Lebron but have been a Lakers fan.  Hockey I like the Isles.  
  • Options

Wobbie said:

He looks like he's aged 10 years since the beginning of last season. Hopefully when healthy he'll help you guys. 
    Seriously, right?  It's like father time slapped him upside his damn head.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Hold it.  Broncos have 4 championships in my lifetime.  Halos I suffered through 86 but joyous in 02.

For basketball I follow Lebron but have been a Lakers fan.  Hockey I like the Isles.  
    I believe the broncos have 3, super fan.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

The shittiest. He's a Jazz fan.

hey, now! did you see what they did to the nuggets, last night?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Really bad trade by 49ers

As a Niners fan, I will try to look at this in best case scenario and cheer for it....however, my opinion is that the last thing an injury prone team needs to do is to trade nearly an entire draft of picks for a guy who is 6 years in to the most injury susceptible position and who is known to be a player who is always injured.

Side note - when the team is healthy they make many RBs look good.  
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

I believe the broncos have 3, super fan.

Brain fart...  Elway 2, Manning 2 but only 1 w Broncos...  
  • Options

As a Niners fan, I will try to look at this in best case scenario and cheer for it....however, my opinion is that the last thing an injury prone team needs to do is to trade nearly an entire draft of picks for a guy who is 6 years in to the most injury susceptible position and who is known to be a player who is always injured.

McCFFREY A FEW YEARS AGO SURE but now?  I don't know man...
  • Options
    mccaffery is awesome but when ESPN “told” me to draft him #1 (maybe it was #2) I said “no, thanks.” I’ve seen too many in my league get burned by that.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    disclaimer: NOT a brady fan.

TB12 compares his life to that of people deployed for military service….soldiers are deployed to serve their country and have no choice in the matter….many are struggling financially. brady continues to be “deployed” in order to chase even more money and adulation. what a fucking asshat.

can’t understand why some network is gonna pay him $350M(?). outside of patriots fans, no one likes the motherfucker. tampa bay might appreciate him a bit but that’s about it. I’m sure warren sapp is held in much higher regard.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Wobbie said:
    disclaimer: NOT a brady fan.

TB12 compares his life to that of people deployed for military service….soldiers are deployed to serve their country and have no choice in the matter….many are struggling financially. brady continues to be “deployed” in order to chase even more money and adulation. what a fucking asshat.

can’t understand why some network is gonna pay him $350M(?). outside of patriots fans, no one likes the motherfucker. tampa bay might appreciate him a bit but that’s about it. I’m sure warren sapp is held in much higher regard.

F'n dummy should have retired after #7.  

This Patriots fan wishes he retired after #6.

After finding out how he was talking with other teams while mailing it in for NE in 2019, I don't hold him in the high regard that I used to. I'll always appreciate the 20 years we had him & the titles of course, but I'm pretty happy that he's not our problem anymore.
  • Options

I do.  It is dumb.  :lol:        
    Hope I am wrong.
    At least he didn't get largest guaranteed contract in history as a shady dude who likes to force himself on women.  

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703

I do.  It is dumb.  :lol:        
    Hope I am wrong.
    At least he didn't get largest guaranteed contract in history as a shady dude who likes to force himself on women.  

allegedly........

but if it walks like a duck..
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494

Yeah, I am wary of this trade as well. An often injured player coming to the Niners seems like a disaster waiting to happen based on how many injuries this team has had for the last half decade. I would rather see them looking to beef up the O-line and defensive secondary.