Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Steelers fan here. When virtually every throw has to be short and hurried its either you arent nearly mobile as you once may have been or your O line is garbage. Or both.

I get Ben still has that fire and desire to compete and appreciate reworking your contract. Desire and Fire mentally doesn't equate to physical ability.  But dude, if we have to eat shit this year , I'd prefer we did it with relative inexperience. And Rudolph can keep his cushy back up job. or move his ass to the practice squad.
    Take a front office position.
    Huge failure by Steelers management to not have a succession plan in place.  Rudolph was never the future.  There could be some bleak years ahead. 

lived through the 80s. can do it again. may be a good time to clean up their salary cap mess
    They've been competitive for a long,  long time.  They're due for a rebuild.  And yes,  they have a mess but it's because they try to win it every year.  Wish the browns were in that position maybe once!

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Steelers fan here. When virtually every throw has to be short and hurried its either you arent nearly mobile as you once may have been or your O line is garbage. Or both.

I get Ben still has that fire and desire to compete and appreciate reworking your contract. Desire and Fire mentally doesn't equate to physical ability.  But dude, if we have to eat shit this year , I'd prefer we did it with relative inexperience. And Rudolph can keep his cushy back up job. or move his ass to the practice squad.
    Take a front office position.
    Huge failure by Steelers management to not have a succession plan in place.  Rudolph was never the future.  There could be some bleak years ahead. 

lived through the 80s. can do it again. may be a good time to clean up their salary cap mess
    The late 90's w Kordell Stewart wasn't much better.  I couldn't understand why they held on to him for so long.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,406
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    Remember when hitting a 50 yard field goal used be tough

Indoors.  The kickers are so good today that nothing surprising me when kicking indoors.  More amazing about it was that it hits the upright and still goes in: 
    The Giants over the last 5 years have lost outdoors on 55+ fg. 2 60+.I believe both were outdoors i think against the Eagles and Carolina 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    igotid88 said:
    pjhawks said:
    igotid88 said:
    Remember when hitting a 50 yard field goal used be tough

Indoors.  The kickers are so good today that nothing surprising me when kicking indoors.  More amazing about it was that it hits the upright and still goes in: 
    The Giants over the last 5 years have lost outdoors on 55+ fg. 2 60+.I believe both were outdoors i think against the Eagles and Carolina 
    Yea Eagles one was glorious. Also outdoors on a perfect fall day so not like east coast in November or December.   I just hate domes for football and no NFL kicker should ever miss indoors these days.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    Meh, could be better, could be worse :neutral:
    May be an image of 5 people and text that says pepsi HALFTIME SHOW

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

I'll take it. This is the first SB halftime since 2010 (The Who) where I'm actually a fan of the performer. Don't know much about Kendrick Lamar and Mary J. Blidge, but I like Eminem, Snoop, and Dre and have seen them all live and have their albums. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    The Who and RHCP are the only ones I tried to watch.  Don't much care, halftime is generally for the commercial watching fans rather than the football fans, in my experience.  Doesn't mean I might not see, and enjoy, some of each....but I tend to use those times to get a beer, get food, text/talk to someone about the game going on, go to the bathroom, etc...

I do like that there is something for the folks who do care about such things to get excited about.  Super Bowl Sunday is a good time.

When I went to the Super Bowl we "missed" Beyonce.  We were getting beers and talking/laughing up a storm, even though the Niners were getting slapped around. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I am extremely fucking excited for that halftime show
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    betcha brady goes to gronk til he sets the record....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Gronk has cracked ribs and isn’t playing. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,888

I'll take it. This is the first SB halftime since 2010 (The Who) where I'm actually a fan of the performer. Don't know much about Kendrick Lamar and Mary J. Blidge, but I like Eminem, Snoop, and Dre and have seen them all live and have their albums. 
    I'm stoked for it..  Biggest game in sports being played in a new bad ass stadium in L.A. with a crowd again, Eminem, Snoop, Dre. I like it...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,888
    mickeyrat said:
    Gronk has cracked ribs and isn’t playing. 
    Yeah that's a bummer... I was looking forward to seeing Gronk and Brady back in NE. Still excited for this game either way, pretty freaking cool to watch.
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options

Interesting to see how Kendrick fits in?  He's also the only relevant one left in the bunch.
  • Options
    So.  Watching Big Ben yesterday was painful.  Rodgers looked off too.

Game of the night was the chess battle Brady/Belechick game.  I enjoyed that one a lot.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    Rough weekend for Urban Meyer.  What a complete idiot.  Sounds like Jags are looking to get rid of him....
  • Options
    Rough weekend for Urban Meyer.  What a complete idiot.  Sounds like Jags are looking to get rid of him....
    Listen, I have sympathy here.  Yes he's a public figure, yes he should know better.  But he's also a human male and he has a 30 something girl dance up on him and he doesn't push her away.  Can you say you would every time?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

Could happen to anyone.
    :lol:    

Agree, he is a total idiot.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If the jags did their homework they’d know Meyer is a douche…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Some girl danced up on him in a 5 second video? Who the fuck cares? 

We live in such a stupid time...lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Listen, I have sympathy here.  Yes he's a public figure, yes he should know better.  But he's also a human male and he has a 30 something girl dance up on him and he doesn't push her away.  Can you say you would every time?
    Well I think the issue is that he stayed in Ohio after his team lost (which is unprecedented for a head coach) and claimed he was staying so he could visit his grandkids. So it's a bad look to say you're seeing your grandkids and then hang at a bar.

Not that I care. The Jaguars are beyond stupid for hiring him in the first place. These college coaches just don't work in the NFL. They're used to coaching boys, not men. And not only that, the most successful ones (in college) like Saban and Meyer have the pick of the litter when it comes to recruiting. Doesn't work like that in the NFL.

He'll hightail it back to college like Saban did. Both are bums and their National Championships are to football but what minor league championships are to baseball. 

I respect how Pete Carroll struggled in the NFL, dominated in college, and had the guts to come back to the NFL. You won't see Saban coming back....thankfully. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,227
    mrussel1 said:
    Well I think the issue is that he stayed in Ohio after his team lost (which is unprecedented for a head coach) and claimed he was staying so he could visit his grandkids. So it's a bad look to say you're seeing your grandkids and then hang at a bar.

Have we confirmed yet that the girl giving him a pseudo lap dance in the video is not in fact his granddaughter?
    He always said family comes first with him.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Not that I care. The Jaguars are beyond stupid for hiring him in the first place. These college coaches just don't work in the NFL. They're used to coaching boys, not men. And not only that, the most successful ones (in college) like Saban and Meyer have the pick of the litter when it comes to recruiting. Doesn't work like that in the NFL.

He'll hightail it back to college like Saban did. Both are bums and their National Championships are to football but what minor league championships are to baseball. 

I respect how Pete Carroll struggled in the NFL, dominated in college, and had the guts to come back to the NFL. You won't see Saban coming back....thankfully. 
    I agree with your assessment of the difference between college and pro but calling them "bums" is a little ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sure they had barely heard of him before hiring.  I don't understand why you weren't consulted.  Makes no sense. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree with your assessment of the difference between college and pro but calling them "bums" is a little ridiculous. 
    Well whatever..

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah that's wild that he didn't even go back with his team after the game.  Sounds like he has completely lost the locker room already.  He's prob hoping to get fired so he can go take the USC job...
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah I'm sure they had barely heard of him before hiring.  I don't understand why you weren't consulted.  Makes no sense. 
    I was consulted.  Told them he was a douche.  But they still hired him…but hey that’s the jags for, that’s why they always suck…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,287
    Oh I didn't realize he didn't travel back with the team. Yeah that's bullshit then. Fuck him
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I was consulted.  Told them he was a douche.  But they still hired him…but hey that’s the jags for, that’s why they always suck…
    Well I hope you were paid.  They don't have to take your advice, but it ain't free. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Jimmy Johnson?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Jimmy Johnson?
    Paul Brown...