Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    Oh I didn't realize he didn't travel back with the team. Yeah that's bullshit then. Fuck him
    To me, that's a totally different issue than the girl in the bar.  You can criticize him for that (if you give a shit about the Jags), but it's their problem.  Do we know that he didn't clear it with ownership?  I don't.  
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    If the jags did their homework they’d know Meyer is a douche…
    Yeah I'm sure they had barely heard of him before hiring.  I don't understand why you weren't consulted.  Makes no sense. 
    I was consulted.  Told them he was a douche.  But they still hired him…but hey that’s the jags for, that’s why they always suck…
    Well I hope you were paid.  They don't have to take your advice, but it ain't free. 
    I got a box of chocolates…what can I say…it’s the jags.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Jim Harbaugh went from college and took the 49ers to the super bowl.  I know his time ended badly in the nfl.  But it seemed for the 1st few years he was at Michigan he was linked to some nfl team.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I’m sure many at Michigan hopes he goes back to the nfl…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Rough weekend for Urban Meyer.  What a complete idiot.  Sounds like Jags are looking to get rid of him....
    Listen, I have sympathy here.  Yes he's a public figure, yes he should know better.  But he's also a human male and he has a 30 something girl dance up on him and he doesn't push her away.  Can you say you would every time?
    Well I think the issue is that he stayed in Ohio after his team lost (which is unprecedented for a head coach) and claimed he was staying so he could visit his grandkids. So it's a bad look to say you're seeing your grandkids and then hang at a bar.

Not that I care. The Jaguars are beyond stupid for hiring him in the first place. These college coaches just don't work in the NFL. They're used to coaching boys, not men. And not only that, the most successful ones (in college) like Saban and Meyer have the pick of the litter when it comes to recruiting. Doesn't work like that in the NFL.

He'll hightail it back to college like Saban did. Both are bums and their National Championships are to football but what minor league championships are to baseball. 

I respect how Pete Carroll struggled in the NFL, dominated in college, and had the guts to come back to the NFL. You won't see Saban coming back....thankfully. 
    Jimmy Johnson?
    Paul Brown...
    I'm not saying there aren't exceptions. But Johnson, and especially Brown, are long ago. And both of them had the personalities to lead men, and the dedication. Johnson was 1-15 in his first year with Dallas, but unlike Saban, you didn't see him looking to run back to college because things were tougher in the pros. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Rough weekend for Urban Meyer.  What a complete idiot.  Sounds like Jags are looking to get rid of him....
    Listen, I have sympathy here.  Yes he's a public figure, yes he should know better.  But he's also a human male and he has a 30 something girl dance up on him and he doesn't push her away.  Can you say you would every time?
    Well I think the issue is that he stayed in Ohio after his team lost (which is unprecedented for a head coach) and claimed he was staying so he could visit his grandkids. So it's a bad look to say you're seeing your grandkids and then hang at a bar.

Not that I care. The Jaguars are beyond stupid for hiring him in the first place. These college coaches just don't work in the NFL. They're used to coaching boys, not men. And not only that, the most successful ones (in college) like Saban and Meyer have the pick of the litter when it comes to recruiting. Doesn't work like that in the NFL.

He'll hightail it back to college like Saban did. Both are bums and their National Championships are to football but what minor league championships are to baseball. 

I respect how Pete Carroll struggled in the NFL, dominated in college, and had the guts to come back to the NFL. You won't see Saban coming back....thankfully. 
    Jimmy Johnson?
    Paul Brown...
    I'm not saying there aren't exceptions. But Johnson, and especially Brown, are long ago. And both of them had the personalities to lead men, and the dedication. Johnson was 1-15 in his first year with Dallas, but unlike Saban, you didn't see him looking to run back to college because things were tougher in the pros. 
    I'm saying the handful of coaches that did both are the elite of the elite.  I don't necessarily disparage the Sabans, Spurriers, and likely Meyers of the world.

Brown, Johnson, Switzer (super asterisk), and Carroll are the only ones that have championships at both levels, that I can think of. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Jimmy Johnson?
    Paul Brown...
    I'm saying the handful of coaches that did both are the elite of the elite.  I don't necessarily disparage the Sabans, Spurriers, and likely Meyers of the world.

Brown, Johnson, Switzer (super asterisk), and Carroll are the only ones that have championships at both levels, that I can think of. 
    I know u said asterisk but I could have coached Dallas top a SB that year...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    edited October 2021
    Urban is a complete fraud and this is just one more example.  This is what it's all about.

Faking illnesses when going gets tough
    Wife beater assistant coach and lying about what he knew
    Racist Iowa strength coach
    All things Tebow/Aaron Hernandez
    "Family man"

I am sure there are many more, just a fraud of epic proportions 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Jimmy Johnson?
    Paul Brown...

I know u said asterisk but I could have coached Dallas top a SB that year...
    Yeah me too. 
  • Options
    The fact that Barry didn’t lead then to a SB in 94 should be the asterisk…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Urban is a complete fraud and this is just one more example.  This is what it's all about.

Faking illnesses when going gets tough
    Wife beater assistant coach and lying about what he knew
    Racist Iowa strength coach
    All things Tebow/Aaron Hernandez
    "Family man"

I am sure there are many more, just a fraud of epic proportions 

What happened w Tebow?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    How do you mean? That Niners team was clearly the better team that year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Agree.  That was the year the Niners' defense was absolutely amazing - and of course the offense was still elite.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Agree.  That was the year the Niners' defense was absolutely amazing - and of course the offense was still elite.
    And the year the Eagles beat them 40-8 

Side note--that was the one and only time your Juggler has ever bet against the Philadelphia Eagles.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667

Side note--that was the one and only time your Juggler has ever bet against the Philadelphia Eagles.

If I recall that was the kick in the seat the team needed.  After that they were angry and pretty much steamrolled.
  • Options

If I recall that was the kick in the seat the team needed.  After that they were angry and pretty much steamrolled.
    Yep. And that win propelled the Eagles to a 7-2 start and they never looked back...as they lost their last 7 games in glorious fashion. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Stephon Gilmore cut.
    Look for him to land in Tampa.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Stephon Gilmore cut.
    Look for him to land in Tampa.
    Yeah good call.  They are decimated 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Oh I didn't realize he didn't travel back with the team. Yeah that's bullshit then. Fuck him
    To me, that's a totally different issue than the girl in the bar.  You can criticize him for that (if you give a shit about the Jags), but it's their problem.  Do we know that he didn't clear it with ownership?  I don't.  
    I think it's a bigger issue than the bar thing, although they're clearly related. Shows he's disjointed from the team he is supposedly leading. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I think it's a bigger issue than the bar thing, although they're clearly related. Shows he's disjointed from the team he is supposedly leading. 

I did not realize that is was his bar until I read something in detail, yesterday.
    How fucking stupid does that make this guy?
    Everyone who works there likely has seen you with your wife/knows you are married.
    What a butthole.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    mrussel1 said:
    Yeah the fact that he didn't travel back with the team is a much bigger issue than the bar thing.  How the hell are players supposed to respect a coach who clearly doesn't give a shit
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Gilmore to Carolina, didn't see that one coming.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Yeah, wish the 49ers would have made that trade.  6th round?
    Unless he is washed up he figures to be better than the scrap heap dudes they signed with the injuries happening.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mrussel1 said:

I did not realize that is was his bar until I read something in detail, yesterday.
    How fucking stupid does that make this guy?
    Everyone who works there likely has seen you with your wife/knows you are married.
    What a butthole.

There's literally a painting of Urban and his wife on the wall
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528
    Unless he is washed up he figures to be better than the scrap heap dudes they signed with the injuries happening.
    Maybe with Gilmore being a FA at the end of the season and them only having 5 picks next year, they decided to not give up a pick for him. I am not sure I agree with it, but it is a possibility.
  • Options
    Maybe with Gilmore being a FA at the end of the season and them only having 5 picks next year, they decided to not give up a pick for him. I am not sure I agree with it, but it is a possibility.

Could be the salary, as well.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,528

At the rate the injuries are piling up again, anyone that needs to be added to the roster could be veteran minimum salaries only. It is unreal.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

Bucs only showing around $2 million in available cap. Not 100% off the ins and outs but I believe by being traded he still makes his full salary which I think was around $7?
  • Options
    Seattle Shithawks deserved to loose wearing those dumbass uniforms…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Seattle Shithawks deserved to loose wearing those dumbass uniforms…
    Loosen what?
    chinese-happy.jpg