The National Football League

Comments

• mcgruff10 said:
    Mercifully the 49ers season is over. I have never seen a season like that where injuries took such a toll. Even the back ups and third stringers were missing large amounts of time. 
    Have you heard of the Philadelphia Eagles?
    Yeah they throw games.   
    A form of cheating, no?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    mcgruff10 said:
    Mercifully the 49ers season is over. I have never seen a season like that where injuries took such a toll. Even the back ups and third stringers were missing large amounts of time. 
    Yeah they throw games.   
    I was fine with it last night, but seeing Giants fans overreact to it today has made me love the decision even more. Lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    my biggest issue with it is that these are the kind of things that precipitate calls for a draft lottery, which, IMO will suck.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah they throw games.   
    A form of cheating, no?
    Absolutely.  They should be banned from the nfl until vault 1 is released on vinyl.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    Funny that people are using this as the opportunity to complain.

Nobody complained that Pittsburgh decided to tank yesterday and let Cleveland into the playoffs....although Cleveland sure tried to mess it up.  Would the Dolphins have made the playoffs if Cleveland lost? 

How about people in SD being pissed that the Chiefs gave up the game yesterday and saw the Chargers win, setting them back a bunch of picks.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    edited January 2021

Nobody complained that Pittsburgh decided to tank yesterday and let Cleveland into the playoffs....although Cleveland sure tried to mess it up.  Would the Dolphins have made the playoffs if Cleveland lost? 

How about people in SD being pissed that the Chiefs gave up the game yesterday and saw the Chargers win, setting them back a bunch of picks.

Tanking sucks and those fans definitely are within their right to complain.  although resting your starters the week before a playoff game is totally different than what the eagles did yesterday.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,552
    mcgruff10 said:

Tanking sucks and those fans definitely are within their right to complain.  

I get that stance and am not saying I disagree...just find it odd that only that one game is subject to the outrage some are displaying today.

mcgruff10 said:

I get that stance and am not saying I disagree...just find it odd that only that one game is subject to the outrage some are displaying today.

It was pretty freaking blatant. How does a coach move forward with his team after that performance? I know I would have lost all respect for him if I was playing.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152

This weekend we rock Portland
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

It was pretty freaking blatant. How does a coach move forward with his team after that performance? I know I would have lost all respect for him if I was playing.  
    He planned to play that QB before.  Guessing if the team was gonna be pissed they would have been pissed when he decided to scratch Prince Harry and dress Nate Shitfeld instead.
    Optics are bad for him and for the NFL but I don't think his players will care.  Their cash still spends the same and they just won the bowl three years ago 
    If they were ok with the crazy decisions he made all year they are probably fine today.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

He planned to play that QB before.  Guessing if the team was gonna be pissed they would have been pissed when he decided to scratch Prince Harry and dress Nate Shitfeld instead.
    Optics are bad for him and for the NFL but I don't think his players will care.  Their cash still spends the same and they just won the bowl three years ago 
    If they were ok with the crazy decisions he made all year they are probably fine today.
    Makes perfect sense:

Sudfeld was only on the game-day roster in the season opener and on Sunday. He had thrown just 25 career passes coming into Sunday, and he does not fit into the Eagles' longterm plans as a possible starting quarterback.

Sudfeld went 5 of 12 for 32 yards. He threw an interception, lost a fumble on a bad snap and was sacked twice.

Yet there he was, trying to lead the Eagles back from a three-point deficit in the fourth quarter.

He didn't come close and neither did the Eagles.

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Makes perfect sense:

Sudfeld was only on the game-day roster in the season opener and on Sunday. He had thrown just 25 career passes coming into Sunday, and he does not fit into the Eagles' longterm plans as a possible starting quarterback.

Sudfeld went 5 of 12 for 32 yards. He threw an interception, lost a fumble on a bad snap and was sacked twice.

Yet there he was, trying to lead the Eagles back from a three-point deficit in the fourth quarter.

He didn't come close and neither did the Eagles.

I'm not saying it made sense to put him in, only that he was activated specifically because the coach intended to play him.
    (Although if he was doing that to "punish" Carson or "reward" Shitfeld...or tank the game is unknown to me)
    edited January 2021
    Poncier said:

Yeah I lived in SoCal for 20 years -- always make that mistake!  (Also, I am not convinced anyone in LA cares about them yet)
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    MayDay10 said:
    Bills are smearing the dolphins without really trying
    That's alotta goddamned ponts.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    ikiT said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Bills are smearing the dolphins without really trying
    That's alotta goddamned ponts.
    I feel the bills can take the chiefs.  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Poncier said:

Yeah I lived in SoCal for 20 years -- always make that mistake!  (Also, I am not convinced anyone in LA cares about them yet)
    Oh I make the same mistake all the time too, that's why I decided to have some fun with it. They should have never left SD. Their support in LA is tiny...in fact for every home game this year the stands seemed empty.
    LA really shouldn't have 2 NFL teams, just the Rams.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492
    Poncier said:

I’m pretty sure I will keep having a slip of the tongue with the Chargers and the Raiders.  Shit, I even remember when the Raiders were in LA.  At least their move back to Oakland was easy to get used to.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,705
    edited January 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah they throw games.   
    I was fine with it last night, but seeing Giants fans overreact to it today has made me love the decision even more. Lol
    Al and Cris were driving me crazy talking about how Giants fans must be feeling watching that game. They had six wins! That’s a shitty season. Just because they played in the worst division in league history and they could’ve snuck in the postseason doesn’t make it any less shitty. My team (Miami) went 10-6 and missed the playoffs. And I wasn’t crying about Pittsburgh sitting guys against Cleveland (Miami would’ve made it if the Browns lost). 

My thoughts on fans of a 6-win team complaining that a 4-win team didn’t do enough help them out in week 17: https://youtu.be/AkcL6wzCJl8
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    Joe Judge saying the Eagles disrespected the game. That clown coached for the Patriots who have literally been disciplined multiple times for cheating. No mirrors in the Judge house?

and I think it was a dick move by Pederson but you win six games and came from a cheating organization just shut up Joe
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah they throw games.   
    Al and Cris were driving me crazy talking about how Giants fans must be feeling watching that game. They had six wins! That’s a shitty season. Just because they played in the worst division in league history and they could’ve snuck in the postseason doesn’t make it any less shitty. My team (Miami) went 10-6 and missed the playoffs. And I wasn’t crying about Pittsburgh sitting guys against Cleveland (Miami would’ve made it if the Browns lost). 

My thoughts on fans of a 6-win team complaining that a 4-win team didn’t do enough help them out in week 17: https://youtu.be/AkcL6wzCJl8
    Right. Your team has a legitimate gripe being 10-6. That happened to the Eagles once in '91 when Cunningham went down in week 1 and they rounded up 10 wins with guys like Jim McMahon on his last legs, Brad Goebel, Jeff Kemp, and Pat Ryan under center...luckily they had a defense for the ages that barely allowed any points. Sucked not getting in but it was still a fun year. I can't imagine being salty over a 6-10 team not getting in though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah they throw games.   

Again completely different.  You sit your starters before a playoff game.  You don’t tank a game to a divisional rival and allow them to clinch on your home Field. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited January 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah they throw games.   

Again completely different.  You sit your starters before a playoff game.  You don’t tank a game to a divisional rival and allow them to clinch on your home Field. 
    What's funnier than us Giants fans calling out tanking is, Eagles fans thinking going from 6 to 9 in the draft will actually make a huge difference for them. Lol
    Post edited by crookedcross on
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah they throw games.   

I’m against how the Eagles played that game too. I’m saying fuck the 6-10 team that missed the playoffs because of it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah they throw games.   

What's funnier than us Giants fans calling out tanking is, Eagles fans thinking going from 6 to 9 in the draft will actually make a huge difference for them. Lol
    You don't think the 6th pick is better than the 9th? 

We're also saying you guys getting the 11th pic is better than 18th or whatever and getting blown out next week.

This isn't hard to comprehend, fellas....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • I wish they changed the draft order being reverse order of the standings. Maybe a lottery system like the NBA. Or maybe the bottom 5 or even 10 teams all have a shot at the number one pick. Anything to get rid of blatant tanking. The Jets were ridiculed for winning. They basically messed up by playing well and winning two games. What type of world is that? 

Not that this would end tanking completely. But seeing stuff like “Jaguars ‘clinch’ first pick in the draft” on the bottom of the ESPN ticker is mind-numbing. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited January 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah they throw games.   

We're also saying you guys getting the 11th pic is better than 18th or whatever and getting blown out next week.

May you get the next jamarcus Russel with your sixth pick in the first round.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    I wish they changed the draft order being reverse order of the standings. Maybe a lottery system like the NBA. Or maybe the bottom 5 or even 10 teams all have a shot at the number one pick. Anything to get rid of blatant tanking. The Jets were ridiculed for winning. They basically messed up by playing well and winning two games. What type of world is that? 

Not that this would end tanking completely. But seeing stuff like “Jaguars ‘clinch’ first pick in the draft” on the bottom of the ESPN ticker is mind-numbing. 
    I don't like the lottery.  It leaves a bad taste for the (needy) teams who get passed over... like what if the Bengals snagged it from Jax and the jets?  It also leaves the door open for conspiracy theories.  

Tanking doesn't seem to be an issue in the nfl.  Players' earnings window is short, they don't care who the draft pick is and play hard.  Coaches are typically coaching for their lives and futures too, especially if they are near #32.  Did Marrone, gase, etc really care if their teams got the 1oa?

You also have to cut pretty deep to be that bad.  In the nfl it isn't too often that 1st overall is that transformative (like the NHL and NBA can be)
    MayDay10 said:
    I wish they changed the draft order being reverse order of the standings. Maybe a lottery system like the NBA. Or maybe the bottom 5 or even 10 teams all have a shot at the number one pick. Anything to get rid of blatant tanking. The Jets were ridiculed for winning. They basically messed up by playing well and winning two games. What type of world is that? 

I don't like the lottery.  It leaves a bad taste for the (needy) teams who get passed over... like what if the Bengals snagged it from Jax and the jets?  It also leaves the door open for conspiracy theories.  

Tanking doesn't seem to be an issue in the nfl.  Players' earnings window is short, they don't care who the draft pick is and play hard.  Coaches are typically coaching for their lives and futures too, especially if they are near #32.  Did Marrone, gase, etc really care if their teams got the 1oa?

You also have to cut pretty deep to be that bad.  In the nfl it isn't too often that 1st overall is that transformative (like the NHL and NBA can be)
    People are up in arms over a 4 win team tanking away the 4th quarter of a meaningless football game for them is some weird shit. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    MayDay10 said:

People are up in arms over a 4 win team tanking away the 4th quarter of a meaningless football game for them is some weird shit. 
    No conversation if you just play to win.   Plus it was such an obvious tank.  
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah they throw games.   

May you get the next jamarcus Russel with your sixth round pick.  
    They already have him on the roster...and he was a  picked 2 overall in which they gave up a ton to get...now you want them to have another...that seems fitting and would suit the eagles well.
    Give Peas A Chance…