The National Football League

Comments

• Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492
    Wobbie said:
    ^ Plunkett went to SC right?  So I would say no.

I thought of him but thought he went to cal or stanford or ucla or somewhere.....doesn’t fit the mold of the white, pretty boy SC QB.

but I’m probably wrong, dammit!
    Wait I think I’m wrong.  Maybe Plunkett was Stanford.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    ^ Yep Stanford.  My bad.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Usc qb has been the weakest nfl position, far and away.  No HoF there.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I had a Mike Tomczak Starting Lineup action figure that was pretty badass. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Awful stats but he got paid for 15 years in the nfl - not shabby at all!
  • Awful stats but he got paid for 15 years in the nfl - not shabby at all!
    Geno Smith is still playing too...
    Awful stats but he got paid for 15 years in the nfl - not shabby at all!
    Geno Smith is still playing too...
    True....these guys are in such high demand that even guys who stink can draw fat paychecks for a long time.
    Chase Daniel, an 11-year veteran has 5 NFL starts and came into the 2020 season with over $34M in earnings and his contract with Detroit will bring him over $47M.
    • $6,861,833 per game started
    • $4,901,309 per touchdown thrown
    • $230,263 per pass completion
    • $157,381 per pass attempt

Wow.  Good for him - super rich to hold a clipboard.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    Really bummed that Steelers don't need to try today....the Browns have almost completed an almost unthinkable collapse ...aka, a Browns.

• Really bummed that Steelers don't need to try today....the Browns have almost completed an almost unthinkable collapse ...aka, a Browns.

If they win today the Browns are in the playoffs.
    Really bummed that Steelers don't need to try today....the Browns have almost completed an almost unthinkable collapse ...aka, a Browns.

If they win today the Browns are in the playoffs.
    Yeah, I know ..they are playing the Steelers who are resting important players because the game doesn't mean anything to Pitt and they are not trying to win 
    That is why I am bummed they didn't need to try.  Now, the Browns can easily win and back in to the playoffs despite their best efforts to find a way to Browns this up.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601
    Bills are smearing the dolphins without really trying
  • The NFC blows. A 6 or 7 win division champion in the NFC East and an 8-win wildcard. Meanwhile the 7th seed in the AFC is 11-5 and a 10-6 team is sitting home. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Mike McCarthy should have been fired for not challenging that catch by Pettis that led to the FG that put NYG up 4.
    He's a boob.
    Dallas is in for several more years of mediocrity with him at the helm. The Clapper was a better head coach.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Browns almost Brown it ...they really tried hard to lose to a JV team....but they still made it in.
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Early playoff picks, who ya got?
    wildcard:
    Bills over Colts
    Steelers over Browns 
    Ravens over Titans
    Saints over Bears
    Seahawks over Rams
    Bucs over Football Team

round 2:
    Ravens over Chiefs
    Bills over Steelers
    Packers over Bucs
    Saints over Seabirds 

round 3:
    Bills over Ravens
    Packers over Saints

Superb Owl:
    Packers vs Bills 
    not sure yet, leaning towards Pack, would like Bills

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Tom Brady is 0-3 vs (and obviously hasn't been able to handle) the NFC East in the playoffs. WFT's DL is also on fire. 

That being said, Tampa 42, Washington 3.
    Tom Brady is 0-3 vs (and obviously hasn't been able to handle) the NFC East in the playoffs. 

Super Bowl XXXIX - Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots - February 6th, 2005 | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,432
    Mercifully the 49ers season is over. I have never seen a season like that where injuries took such a toll. Even the back ups and third stringers were missing large amounts of time. 
    Yep.  Now how do we convince Kyle to move on from Jimmy?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Mercifully the 49ers season is over. I have never seen a season like that where injuries took such a toll. Even the back ups and third stringers were missing large amounts of time. 
    Have you heard of the Philadelphia Eagles?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    Yeah they throw games.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

You had injuries but SF had more.

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Poncier said:
    Tom Brady is 0-3 vs (and obviously hasn't been able to handle) the NFC East in the playoffs. 

Super Bowl XXXIX - Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots - February 6th, 2005 | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)
    Oh yea... Ok ok 1-3. So Tampa 45, Washington 3
    The only way I see it happening is if he can get a quarterback with mobility that can still make throws, like Mahomes. Who along with Watson were available to draft when they had Brian Hoyer at QB.......and drafted CJ. At least we got Thomas!  
    Yeah, that is painful to recall!
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, that is painful to recall!
    I don't think very many people had an idea that Mahomes would be so good so soon, but most people, except Kyle I guess, seemed to realize that Hoyer was wasn't going to do a whole lot. I understand that he wanted to get his program up and running with a veteran QB, but still. I am good with rolling with Jimmy next year, but with his injury history, it would be smart to find someone to develop for the future and provide a competent back up should another injury occur. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on