Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Interesting question....running QBs need to take hits like RBs but none of us like to see it.

ProFootballTalk : When Patrick Mahomes becomes a running back, will the 49ers treat him like one?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    edited January 2020
    Moving away from Brown and back to reasonable folks in football, hats off to Eli for great career. I know overall he's average at best. But on the basis of those two Super Bowl runs alone, he's a legend. 
    Is Eli a Hall of Famer?  Or better question, is he deserving of the HOF?
    I'm in the camp that he is, but he'll have to wait a long time. I know he's only won half his games and his efficiency passing stats are pretty bad (especially when compared to Roethlisberger and Rivers). But he played 15 years, never missed a start, complied enough volume passing stats to finish top-10 all-time in yards and TDS. But most importantly, won those two Super Bowls. The major difference between him and Jim Plunkett (the only two-time SB winniing QB not in the hall) is that Plunkett was a bust to start and a journeyman that revitalized his career with the Raiders. Eli started on the Giants, made every start, and came out the other end with two rings. That's all a franchise can ask for.

For the 2004 QBs and their HOF chances, I have.....

Roethlisberger - Definitley
    Manning - I think so, but it may take a while. Others disagree, which is reasonable. 
    Rivers - No chance in hell
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,258

This goes to my point earlier, Ledbetterman. Rivers, no chance? I agree he is a long shot but his numbers are significantly better than Eli's. 
    More wins
    Higher completion percentage
    More yards
    More touchdowns
    Higher rating
    46 less interceptions
    Higher yards/attempt
    And more rushing yards! (ha)

Comparing counting stats for fb's in different eras is worthless. Better to see where they rant among their piers. Most good qbs 
    over the last twenty years and moving forward are going to rack up crazy yards and tds etc etc etc..

The only reason Eli has a shot at the Hall is because he won two Super Bowls.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    edited January 2020
    Interesting question....running QBs need to take hits like RBs but none of us like to see it.

ProFootballTalk : When Patrick Mahomes becomes a running back, will the 49ers treat him like one?
    The Titans certainly didn't!

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

This goes to my point earlier, Ledbetterman. Rivers, no chance? I agree he is a long shot but his numbers are significantly better than Eli's. 
    More wins
    More yards
    More touchdowns
    Higher rating
    46 less interceptions
    Higher yards/attempt

Comparing counting stats for fb's in different eras is worthless. Better to see where they rant among their piers. Most good qbs 
    over the last twenty years and moving forward are going to rack up crazy yards and tds etc etc etc..

Yeah, Rivers was a better QB in almost every category where you can compare the two, if Eli is in the conversation for the HOF, Rivers should be as well.

& You're 100% right, the two titles are the only reason people are entertaining the HOF conversation for Eli (which is kind of ridiculous considering the Giants D is what won them SB42. They should have split the SB MVP that year for the D Line, they deserved it way more than Eli, but whatever... giving it to the QB was probably easier than splitting it 3 ways).

• Options
    edited January 2020

More wins
    More yards
    More touchdowns
    Higher rating
    46 less interceptions
    Higher yards/attempt

Oh yeah his regular season numbers are way better than Eli's. The Super Bowls are the trump card though. Without them, it'd be laughable to consider Eli for the HOF. Even with them, he has an uphill battle. As for Rivers, I think he'd have to be like this generation's Marino to get in the hall, and he's not even close to that. People make the comparison sometimes because neither won the Super Bowl, but Marino was amazing in the 80's. Rivers is just another guy of this era. Basically the same regular season stats as Roethlisberger, but with worse playoff stats, and no Super Bowl stats. 

I'm not going to deep dive into it but I'd wager a guess that of the three of them Rivers has the worst "situational" stats. Like 4th quarter, 3rd down, etc. Whereas Roethlisberger could suck for the entire game and come through big in the 4th quarter, Rivers seems to have a tendency to play well early on and throw it away at the end.

"No chance" might be a bit of hyperbole. There's a chance for everything. But I'd bet money (like, thousands of dollars) that he never makes the hall of fame. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

More wins
    More yards
    More touchdowns
    Higher rating
    46 less interceptions
    Higher yards/attempt

Oh yeah his regular season numbers are way better than Eli's. The Super Bowls are the trump card though. Without them, it'd be laughable to consider Eli for the HOF. Even with them, he has an uphill battle. As for Rivers, I think he'd have to be like this generation's Marino to get in the hall, and he's not even close to that. People make the comparison sometimes because neither won the Super Bowl, but Marino was amazing in the 80's. Rivers is just another guy of this era. Basically the same regular season stats as Roethlisberger, but with worse playoff stats, and no Super Bowl stats. 

I'm not going to deep dive into it but I'd wager a guess that of the three of them Rivers has the worst "situational" stats. Like 4th quarter, 3rd down, etc. Whereas Roethlisberger could suck for the entire game and come through big in the 4th quarter, Rivers seems to have a tendency to play well early on and throw it away at the end.

"No chance" might be a bit of hyperbole. There's a chance for everything. But I'd bet money (like, thousands of dollars) that he never makes the hall of fame. 
    Philip Rivers is definitely a hall of famer in my book, more deserving than Manning.  In the two runs to the Super Bowl the Giants had in 2007 and 2011, guess how many times the Giants D gave up more than 20?  ZERO!  Eight games where he benefited from very good defense.

• Options

Nice article by Florio and he makes a great point.  One thing I believe from Mahomes perspective is that if it weren't the AFC Championship, he probably does go out of bounds.  He was wiling to give himself up to try to make a huge play and I don't believe he would have held it against any Titans player if he got laid out once he cut it back toward the middle of the field.  I don't think the 49ers are going go to all matador if he ends up in a similar situation.  Besides, last year Jimmy G's season ended thanks to a Chiefs defender hitting him near the sideline.  I'm sure that will be on some of the 49er defenders minds if that situation comes up.

“You know what? At a certain level I think that — and I want to be careful here because I’m not suggesting that they try to knock him out of the game. That’s not what I’m saying. But at a certain point, you trade the risk of 15 yards, if you can send a message. And football is still a physical, violent game. If you can hit him, even if it’s close to the sideline, even if he’s maybe started into his slide. When the championship is riding on it, I think it’s a different analysis. And yeah we may give up 15 yards or half the distance to the goal line. I mean, that’s the thing, Peter. If someone had blown up Patrick Mahomes inside the five, big deal. If goes from the four to the two. Big deal. So, again, I’m not saying that that should be part of the deliberate effort. But the Super Bowl is riding on it. And if this guy’s gonna think he can run through the defense without any physical consequence, they need to dispel him of that notion the first time he tries.”

• Options

More wins
    More yards
    More touchdowns
    Higher rating
    46 less interceptions
    Higher yards/attempt

Philip Rivers is definitely a hall of famer in my book, more deserving than Manning.  In the two runs to the Super Bowl the Giants had in 2007 and 2011, guess how many times the Giants D gave up more than 20?  ZERO!  Eight games where he benefited from very good defense.
    He's not in mine, but to each their own I guess. 

Not sure if this was your intention, but this comes of as a "Manning had a really good team and Rivers didn't" argument. Rivers had some damn good teams in the mid-2000's. 

And good defense or not, Eli made plays in those games. And nearly every QB that has ever won the Super Bowl has had a good defense. People remember names like Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith, but no one seems to remember that those Niner and Cowboy teams had GREAT defenses. 

I mean, I get it. If you take away the Super Bowls, Eli is as average as they come. But it doesn't work like that. You can't just take them away. But sure, there's holes in Eli's HOF case, as there are in Rivers'. That's why I rank the three 2004 guys the way I do: Roethlisberger as the lock-HOFer, and Eli and Rivers as "Eh...maybe." The more complete resume...

Roethlisberger: Regular seasons stats, one of the highest regular season win percentages, two rings
    Rivers: Regular season stats
    Eli: Two rings. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

More wins
    More yards
    More touchdowns
    Higher rating
    46 less interceptions
    Higher yards/attempt

Not sure if this was your intention, but this comes of as a "Manning had a really good team and Rivers didn't" argument. Rivers had some damn good teams in the mid-2000's. 

And good defense or not, Eli made plays in those games. And nearly every QB that has ever won the Super Bowl has had a good defense. People remember names like Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith, but no one seems to remember that those Niner and Cowboy teams had GREAT defenses. 

I mean, I get it. If you take away the Super Bowls, Eli is as average as they come. But it doesn't work like that. You can't just take them away. But sure, there's holes in Eli's HOF case, as there are in Rivers'. That's why I rank the three 2004 guys the way I do: Roethlisberger as the lock-HOFer, and Eli and Rivers as "Eh...maybe." The more complete resume...

Roethlisberger: Regular seasons stats, one of the highest regular season win percentages, two rings
    Eli has a better shot at the hall than Rivers.....but Rivers is/was a better quarterback. THIS is the conundrum of Eli Manning's career that is really fascinating!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

More wins
    More yards
    More touchdowns
    Higher rating
    46 less interceptions
    Higher yards/attempt

Eli has a better shot at the hall than Rivers.....but Rivers is/was a better quarterback. THIS is the conundrum of Eli Manning's career that is really fascinating!
    I agree. I mean, if I was starting a team from scratch, I guess I'd take Rivers over Eli. But if I had the ball in the 4th quarter of a playoff game down by four, I'd take Eli. 

They're BOTH a conundrum. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    Anybody who touts Eli for the HOF better also tout Curt Schilling for the baseball HOF.
    Cause if Eli gets in its strictly because of the 2 playoff runs.
    Schilling is borderline at best when taking in the regular season, but his playoff success should tip the scales in his favor.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Anybody who touts Eli for the HOF better also tout Curt Schilling for the baseball HOF.
    Schilling is borderline at best when taking in the regular season, but his playoff success should tip the scales in his favor.
    I think Schilling has a better case for the baseball HOF than Eli does for the football HOF. I truly believe Schilling is being blackballed simply on the basis of being a douchebag. And he is a douchebag, but that shouldn't matter in HOF voting. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

Nice article by Florio and he makes a great point.  One thing I believe from Mahomes perspective is that if it weren't the AFC Championship, he probably does go out of bounds.  He was wiling to give himself up to try to make a huge play and I don't believe he would have held it against any Titans player if he got laid out once he cut it back toward the middle of the field.  I don't think the 49ers are going go to all matador if he ends up in a similar situation.  Besides, last year Jimmy G's season ended thanks to a Chiefs defender hitting him near the sideline.  I'm sure that will be on some of the 49er defenders minds if that situation comes up.

“You know what? At a certain level I think that — and I want to be careful here because I’m not suggesting that they try to knock him out of the game. That’s not what I’m saying. But at a certain point, you trade the risk of 15 yards, if you can send a message. And football is still a physical, violent game. If you can hit him, even if it’s close to the sideline, even if he’s maybe started into his slide. When the championship is riding on it, I think it’s a different analysis. And yeah we may give up 15 yards or half the distance to the goal line. I mean, that’s the thing, Peter. If someone had blown up Patrick Mahomes inside the five, big deal. If goes from the four to the two. Big deal. So, again, I’m not saying that that should be part of the deliberate effort. But the Super Bowl is riding on it. And if this guy’s gonna think he can run through the defense without any physical consequence, they need to dispel him of that notion the first time he tries.”

Yeah, I thought if Jimmy G as well.
    I don't want Mahommes targeted ....but if he is a running back then they need to not shy away.  You have to be willing to pay the ticket for the ride.  (Which I think most guys will be during the SB, but the Eagles are a perfect example of a big hit happening in the first quarter and costing them.
    I think Clowney is dirty....but I don't think it gets mentioned if he hits a RB like that)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220

Besides, last year Jimmy G's season ended thanks to a Chiefs defender hitting him near the sideline.  I'm sure that will be on some of the 49er defenders minds if that situation comes up.

Garoppolo's injury was a non contact injury. It was his left knee, injured it planting to cut back prior to the contact (his left foot is off ground when contact occurs, he goes down after hit and grabs left knee. No Chief is to blame for that one, its all on Jimmy who should have gone out of bounds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaFPFCAM-qs

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I think Schilling has a better case for the baseball HOF than Eli does for the football HOF. I truly believe Schilling is being blackballed simply on the basis of being a douchebag. And he is a douchebag, but that shouldn't matter in HOF voting. 
    Yeah that's not a good comparison. Schilling would be in had he not gone off the deep end over the last decade or so...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Besides, last year Jimmy G's season ended thanks to a Chiefs defender hitting him near the sideline.  I'm sure that will be on some of the 49er defenders minds if that situation comes up.

Garoppolo's injury was a non contact injury. It was his left knee, injured it planting to cut back prior to the contact (his left foot is off ground when contact occurs, he goes down after hit and grabs left knee. No Chief is to blame for that one, its all on Jimmy who should have gone out of bounds.

ah that's right, that's why I can't remember who hit him because no one really did.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I think Peyton is waiting until ESPN offers him 50% ownership before hosting MNF and Booger is a Manning family plant being used to increase his perceived value.  genius. 
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Juggs and Eli. Dude has a bat signal for his name 

https://youtu.be/UQRmA2v2D9s
  • Options
    Nice video of Peyton reflecting on Eli's career....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbCbopln-eo

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    AB HAS  have some kind of mental health issue going on. whats next?

Warrant issued for arrest of AB in battery case https://es.pn/2umxAJs
    via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

If Brown goes to jail, it'll be the best thing for him, his children, and society. 

I won't name him and shame him because he made such a fool of himself at the time, but me and another user on here had a back and forth in September (while Brown was on New England) that was funny at the time, and hilarious in hindsight. I was of the opinion THEN that Brown was completely insane and the Patriots were dumb to sign him. The other user, a Patriots fan, was do defensive and actually tried to make me out to be some sort of bad guy for shit-talking Brown. "He had a tough childhood and made something of himself!" It was pathetic. When I was going on about Brown's rape allegation, the other guy brought up Big Ben (of course) and PEYTON MANNING for that time he mooned a trainer in college. It was hilarious. Fanboys are gonna fanboy I guess. I'd rather my team lose (which they do) then whore themselves by signing a subhuman piece of shit like Brown. 

You could have named me, I’m not scared. I remember the argument but I believe I stated at the time that I didn’t agree with the Pats signing AB. The other stuff, yea, I’ll own it. But I hope that you’ll own teabagging a co-worker isn’t sexual assault and the difference in how the NFL treats scumbag players differently based on their value, perceived or known, upbringing and yes, race. Big Ben Rapelesburger is a rapist. And a drunk motorcycle crashed. Still in the league. Peyton sexually assaulted a co-worker/member of the training staff. Had an illustrious career. Why do they get second or third chances and you have a hard on for AB, not taking his background into consideration? If you’re going to call someone out, call em out.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    mickeyrat said:

If Brown goes to jail, it'll be the best thing for him, his children, and society. 

I won't name him and shame him because he made such a fool of himself at the time, but me and another user on here had a back and forth in September (while Brown was on New England) that was funny at the time, and hilarious in hindsight. I was of the opinion THEN that Brown was completely insane and the Patriots were dumb to sign him. The other user, a Patriots fan, was do defensive and actually tried to make me out to be some sort of bad guy for shit-talking Brown. "He had a tough childhood and made something of himself!" It was pathetic. When I was going on about Brown's rape allegation, the other guy brought up Big Ben (of course) and PEYTON MANNING for that time he mooned a trainer in college. It was hilarious. Fanboys are gonna fanboy I guess. I'd rather my team lose (which they do) then whore themselves by signing a subhuman piece of shit like Brown. 

You could have named me, I’m not scared. I remember the argument but I believe I stated at the time that I didn’t agree with the Pats signing AB. The other stuff, yea, I’ll own it. But I hope that you’ll own teabagging a co-worker isn’t sexual assault and the difference in how the NFL treats scumbag players differently based on their value, perceived or known, upbringing and yes, race. Big Ben Rapelesburger is a rapist. And a drunk motorcycle crashed. Still in the league. Peyton sexually assaulted a co-worker/member of the training staff. Had an illustrious career. Why do they get second or third chances and you have a hard on for AB, not taking his background into consideration? If you’re going to call someone out, call em out.
    I do think tea-bagging is sexual assault. And I agree on Roethlisberger too. Total creep. So if Brown had one or two incidents like that, fine. Shit happens. Tyreek Hill, Michael Vick, Ray Rice, the list go on. I don't like what those guys have done, but I don't dwell on them or think they're unredeemable pieces of shit. But this guy is outrageous. Maybe that's why I have a "hard-on" for him. He's a story I keep track off on the internet, just like you have your Apple News stories about Trump and Trump cronies. Here's the rap sheet....off the top of my head....of my "hard on." Ranging from petty football related bullshit to felony crimes.

-Gets a new start on the Raiders. They bend over backwards to accommodate him. Give him the money and contract he wants. Proceeds to skip meetings, puts on a fiasco about his helmet, screams at the GM that he's a cracker, records and posts a phone conversation with Gruden. Is released. Runs around his backyard yelling I'm free!

-Signs with Patriots. The following day is accused in a civil court of 3 counts of sexual assault. 1) Unwanted kissing, 2) Ejaculated on alleged victim while she was doing stretches...…...She stops working with him. He sends several LEWD (read the complaint) DMs about how he ejaculated on her and she's a loser who lives with her mom and blah blah blah....

-He takes that all back, uses his AB charm, and rekindles his friendship with the trainer. She accuses him then of count 3) Rape. In a text to her the following day, he says "You made me feel like a rapist last night" All texts and DMs are totally written in his "diction" 

This (along with the Sports Illustrated article) is where I decide I hate this guy after enjoying watching him play football for many years. Hey we have all have our people on TV that we hate. I can hate Brown like you can hate KellyAnn Conway or whoever else. 

This is also where I, stuck in an airport for 10 hours coming home from Hawaii, argue with you that he should be cut from the Patriots because he's a piece of shit. You wanna talk about a hard-on? Oh my lord. Poor AB. He came from a broken family. Look at Peyton Manning and Big Ben. And on and on you went. Rather than just reading the complaint against him (just an allegation, I understand that), or reading the Sports Illustrated article where several people (personal chefs, video producers, etc.) allege he ripped them off thousands of dollars by not paying bills. Like TRUMP, as I said then. And you, with your (what's the word....I can't think of it....umm...) HARD-ON for Trump was aghast that I'd compare your new football hero to Team Trump Treason!

-Back to the Sports Illustrated article, a woman who is a painter alleged in it that AB had hired her to paint a mural of him (good luck getting paid) and when she came to his house and began painting it, he began banging a chick in the room right next to her (loudly, uncomfortably for the painter), and then she alleges he walked out to where she was painting with a boner and towel over his dick. 

-AB COULD just let it go and enjoy the fact that despite being completely unprofessional in how he exited Pittsburgh and Oakland, he landed on the best team! Failing upward. JUST. LIKE. TRUMP. Had a good game against the Dolphins. But...he sent a DM to the woman that alleged the towel incident, and he was threatening towards her kids in the DM (posting pictures of them and suggesting something can happen to them)

-This is all fine with Brady and Belichick, who want to keep him despite this. But on this one, even Kraft has to say get lost.....AB falls into the abyss.

-Instead of taking any accountability, he lashes out at the racist NFL that's blackballing him, and Kraft (even mentioning Kraft's own massage parlor case) in a tweet. A lot of non-football, social-media related crap follows (did you see his "rap" video? makes Le'veon Bell sound like Tupac), but I'm going on too long here. So I'll skip ahead to recent days....

-Cops are called to his home in a gated-community (neighbors all hate him, of course) four times. On one occasion, that HE FILMED ON INSTAGRAM LIVE, he berates his baby-mama in the street (in front of their kids) calling her all sorts of names, while calling police officers the N-word.

-Two days ago. He refuses to pay the moving driver. The moving man can't open his truck until he gets $4,000. AB won't pay. So the guy can't open the truck. AB begins throwing rocks at the truck and does damage, so the driver leaves. The moving company calls the driver and say they spoke to AB, and he'll pay $4,800 for the bill, and the damage. Driver returns, AB will only pay $4,000, but the driver says he was told by his supervisor he needs $4,800. So what does AB do? He and his friend assaults the driver, open the truck, and take all his goods. The friend has already been arrested, and a warrant was issued for felony assault for AB. He's holed up in his house, resisting arrest. 

And yeah, he had bad upbringing. Well a lot of people do. That doesn't excuse any of this shit. And I know, he needs clinical help. But he can't be helped until he admits he's been wrong the whole time, and accepts he needs to change. His ego won't allow that. He thinks he's the fucking man and everybody is wrong but him.
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Poncier said:

ah that's right, that's why I can't remember who hit him because no one really did.

Good point, although it doesn't change the question being raised.  If he runs and gets smeared on a big hit, which he earns as a RB, does everyone freak out or accept it as what a RB has to deal with when he decides to play?

Again, I am a large Mahommes fan, even if he shreds my favorite team in the SB, I am all for them lighting his ass up as a runner but do not want any cheap shots taken to try and get him out of the game.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

I do think tea-bagging is sexual assault. And I agree on Roethlisberger too. Total creep. So if Brown had one or two incidents like that, fine. Shit happens. Tyreek Hill, Michael Vick, Ray Rice, the list go on. I don't like what those guys have done, but I don't dwell on them or think they're unredeemable pieces of shit. But this guy is outrageous. Maybe that's why I have a "hard-on" for him. He's a story I keep track off on the internet, just like you have your Apple News stories about Trump and Trump cronies. Here's the rap sheet....off the top of my head....of my "hard on." Ranging from petty football related bullshit to felony crimes.

-Gets a new start on the Raiders. They bend over backwards to accommodate him. Give him the money and contract he wants. Proceeds to skip meetings, puts on a fiasco about his helmet, screams at the GM that he's a cracker, records and posts a phone conversation with Gruden. Is released. Runs around his backyard yelling I'm free!

-Signs with Patriots. The following day is accused in a civil court of 3 counts of sexual assault. 1) Unwanted kissing, 2) Ejaculated on alleged victim while she was doing stretches...…...She stops working with him. He sends several LEWD (read the complaint) DMs about how he ejaculated on her and she's a loser who lives with her mom and blah blah blah....

-He takes that all back, uses his AB charm, and rekindles his friendship with the trainer. She accuses him then of count 3) Rape. In a text to her the following day, he says "You made me feel like a rapist last night" All texts and DMs are totally written in his "diction" 

This (along with the Sports Illustrated article) is where I decide I hate this guy after enjoying watching him play football for many years. Hey we have all have our people on TV that we hate. I can hate Brown like you can hate KellyAnn Conway or whoever else. 

This is also where I, stuck in an airport for 10 hours coming home from Hawaii, argue with you that he should be cut from the Patriots because he's a piece of shit. You wanna talk about a hard-on? Oh my lord. Poor AB. He came from a broken family. Look at Peyton Manning and Big Ben. And on and on you went. Rather than just reading the complaint against him (just an allegation, I understand that), or reading the Sports Illustrated article where several people (personal chefs, video producers, etc.) allege he ripped them off thousands of dollars by not paying bills. Like TRUMP, as I said then. And you, with your (what's the word....I can't think of it....umm...) HARD-ON for Trump was aghast that I'd compare your new football hero to Team Trump Treason!

-Back to the Sports Illustrated article, a woman who is a painter alleged in it that AB had hired her to paint a mural of him (good luck getting paid) and when she came to his house and began painting it, he began banging a chick in the room right next to her (loudly, uncomfortably for the painter), and then she alleges he walked out to where she was painting with a boner and towel over his dick. 

-AB COULD just let it go and enjoy the fact that despite being completely unprofessional in how he exited Pittsburgh and Oakland, he landed on the best team! Failing upward. JUST. LIKE. TRUMP. Had a good game against the Dolphins. But...he sent a DM to the woman that alleged the towel incident, and he was threatening towards her kids in the DM (posting pictures of them and suggesting something can happen to them)

-This is all fine with Brady and Belichick, who want to keep him despite this. But on this one, even Kraft has to say get lost.....AB falls into the abyss.

-Instead of taking any accountability, he lashes out at the racist NFL that's blackballing him, and Kraft (even mentioning Kraft's own massage parlor case) in a tweet. A lot of non-football, social-media related crap follows (did you see his "rap" video? makes Le'veon Bell sound like Tupac), but I'm going on too long here. So I'll skip ahead to recent days....

-Cops are called to his home in a gated-community (neighbors all hate him, of course) four times. On one occasion, that HE FILMED ON INSTAGRAM LIVE, he berates his baby-mama in the street (in front of their kids) calling her all sorts of names, while calling police officers the N-word.

-Two days ago. He refuses to pay the moving driver. The moving man can't open his truck until he gets $4,000. AB won't pay. So the guy can't open the truck. AB begins throwing rocks at the truck and does damage, so the driver leaves. The moving company calls the driver and say they spoke to AB, and he'll pay $4,800 for the bill, and the damage. Driver returns, AB will only pay $4,000, but the driver says he was told by his supervisor he needs $4,800. So what does AB do? He and his friend assaults the driver, open the truck, and take all his goods. The friend has already been arrested, and a warrant was issued for felony assault for AB. He's holed up in his house, resisting arrest. 

And yeah, he had bad upbringing. Well a lot of people do. That doesn't excuse any of this shit. And I know, he needs clinical help. But he can't be helped until he admits he's been wrong the whole time, and accepts he needs to change. His ego won't allow that. He thinks he's the fucking man and everybody is wrong but him.
    You totally missed the part a few months back, while in the airport, where I stated that I disagreed with the pats for signing him and wished they hadn’t. If AB had been signed by any other team other than the pats, I don’t think you’d be ranting and raving so much about AB. The thought of the pats going to another SB for you is like me seeing Team Trump Treason winning a second term and cheating and stealing and treasoning all the way there.

Tyreek Hill is going to the SB and Stabby was involved in a death and went to the SB. No claims of scumbaggery from you toward KC or Baltimore. And there’s the rub. Be consistent in your criticism of the lack of player character and integrity of the NFL, not because you hate the Pats but because you hate scumbaggery. I’m pretty sure rapelsburger and Peyton tea bagger had pretty sweet upbringings, perhaps of wealth, privilege and coddling? They should be held to the same standard as AB, as all douche bag players should be. AB appears to need mental health care but yea, cool his heals in jail and he’s a scumbag. But between AB and the other two, one is not quite the same.

The NFL should operate more like a mult-national where players are more like employees of the company and work for a branch or division (teams). Same rules apply to all players and if the NFL lowers the boom, there is no transfer or hire by another team. NFL should act as the background checker of their careers post age 18. Got scumbaggery in your background, you’re not playing in the NFL for any team, regardless of your talent, value, marquee appeal or social media presence. Fuck up while on a team, terminated from the NFL, not just the team you play for. Same rules for everyone. Get the word out about the new NFL to pop Warner and youth football leagues, particularly high school and college players and public service announcements. It’ll take 8-15 years but you have to start somewhere. Then, and only then, will you begin to restore integrity to the NFL but it’ll take more than addressing player behavior and character to fully restore it.

The NFL is a joke and who wins or loses the super bowl and the games leading up to it have zero impact on my life or the society I live in. Kelly Ann CONway and her scumbaggery and team definitely does.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    mickeyrat said:

You totally missed the part a few months back, while in the airport, where I stated that I disagreed with the pats for signing him and wished they hadn’t. If AB had been signed by any other team other than the pats, I don’t think you’d be ranting and raving so much about AB. The thought of the pats going to another SB for you is like me seeing Team Trump Treason winning a second term and cheating and stealing and treasoning all the way there.

Tyreek Hill is going to the SB and Stabby was involved in a death and went to the SB. No claims of scumbaggery from you toward KC or Baltimore. And there’s the rub. Be consistent in your criticism of the lack of player character and integrity of the NFL, not because you hate the Pats but because you hate scumbaggery. I’m pretty sure rapelsburger and Peyton tea bagger had pretty sweet upbringings, perhaps of wealth, privilege and coddling? They should be held to the same standard as AB, as all douche bag players should be. AB appears to need mental health care but yea, cool his heals in jail and he’s a scumbag. But between AB and the other two, one is not quite the same.

The NFL should operate more like a mult-national where players are more like employees of the company and work for a branch or division (teams). Same rules apply to all players and if the NFL lowers the boom, there is no transfer or hire by another team. NFL should act as the background checker of their careers post age 18. Got scumbaggery in your background, you’re not playing in the NFL for any team, regardless of your talent, value, marquee appeal or social media presence. Fuck up while on a team, terminated from the NFL, not just the team you play for. Same rules for everyone. Get the word out about the new NFL to pop Warner and youth football leagues, particularly high school and college players and public service announcements. It’ll take 8-15 years but you have to start somewhere. Then, and only then, will you begin to restore integrity to the NFL but it’ll take more than addressing player behavior and character to fully restore it.

The NFL is a joke and who wins or loses the super bowl and the games leading up to it have zero impact on my life or the society I live in. Kelly Ann CONway and her scumbaggery and team definitely does.
    You're completely wrong about me disliking him because the Pats picked him up. It has nothing to do with the Pats. In fact, while I don't rah-rah for them, I appreciate their greatness, enjoy their postseason runs from an entertainment standpoint, and have won thousands of dollars betting on them. I thought Brown was nuts and they shouldn't bother with him. But I have nothing against them. It's not always about the Pats, man. 

When Tyreek Hill did what he did, or Roethlisberger did what he did, they did it, and that was it. I talked shit on them too like I would anybody that does that sort of stuff. But why would I be talking about Hill's incident now? Or anybody else's? That was in the past. AB's bullshit is ongoing. He's expected to turn himself in on a felony assault warrant as we speak.

And thank goodness we have you posting Apple articles on Kelly Ann's scumbaggery for us. Opening our eyes and impacting our society. Stupid football with it’s zero impact. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

You're completely wrong about me disliking him because the Pats picked him up. It has nothing to do with the Pats. In fact, while I don't rah-rah for them, I appreciate their greatness, enjoy their postseason runs from an entertainment standpoint, and have won thousands of dollars betting on them. I thought Brown was nuts and they shouldn't bother with him. But I have nothing against them. It's not always about the Pats, man. 

When Tyreek Hill did what he did, or Roethlisberger did what he did, they did it, and that was it. I talked shit on them too like I would anybody that does that sort of stuff. But why would I be talking about Hill's incident now? Or anybody else's? That was in the past. AB's bullshit is ongoing. He's expected to turn himself in on a felony assault warrant as we speak.

And thank goodness we have you posting Apple articles on Kelly Ann's scumbaggery for us. Opening our eyes and impacting our society. You do us all a favor. Log this conversation in your message board journal as pointless non-Trump talk though. Just stupid football. 
    Yea, I know, priorities, right?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    And also, I know he has mental health problems. But now he's committed felony assault. So yes, I say throw his ass in jail. Two dudes can't just beat the shit out of a delivery guy. 

One of the main reasons I can't stand this guy is the same reason I can't stand Trump (even if you think I like him), I hate people that rip other people off. Especially rich assholes that rip off people that already have less money than them. I know...he came from a rough upbringing. Fine. But now, as an adult, AB's the same sort of a rich asshole that Trump is. He and Trump probably have a lot of the same mental health issues actually. Only AB has a more violent streak.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    And also, I know he has mental health problems. But now he's committed felony assault. So yes, I say throw his ass in jail. Two dudes can't just beat the shit out of a delivery guy. 

One of the main reasons I can't stand this guy is the same reason I can't stand Trump (even if you think I like him), I hate people that rip other people off. Especially rich assholes that rip off people that already have less money than them. I know...he came from a rough upbringing. Fine. But now, as an adult, AB's the same sort of a rich asshole that Trump is. He and Trump probably have a lot of the same mental health issues actually. Only AB has a more violent streak.
    AB ever drone strike someone? Or brag about shooting someone on 5th Avenue and getting away with it? How about looking the other way while a US journalist is murdered, chopped up and disappeared? Or incite a crowd to rough up someone who disagrees? On the sexual assault score I’d argue they’re about even.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

AB ever drone strike someone? Or brag about shooting someone on 5th Avenue and getting away with it? How about looking the other way while a US journalist is murdered, chopped up and disappeared? Or incite a crowd to rough up someone who disagrees? On the sexual assault score I’d argue they’re about even.
    Nah just rape, threatening children, pushing his baby-mama to the ground, and assaulting a delivery man. But give him time. Trump does have like 40 years on him. He’ll catch up. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

Nah just rape, threatening children, pushing his baby-mama to the ground, and assaulting a delivery man. But give him time. Trump does have like 40 years on him. He’ll catch up. 

So, he's already been convicted?

That was quick.