Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,197
    mfc2006 said:
    pjhawks said:
    And how do we feel about Pearl Jam on a super bowl commercial?  Interesting for sure
    Wait...what?
    Verizon commercial snippet of new song at end. Pj twitter and on porch here have link
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    mfc2006 said:
    pjhawks said:
    And how do we feel about Pearl Jam on a super bowl commercial?  Interesting for sure
    Wait...what?

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Porch verified "River Cross" (apparently Siri can figure that out) for a Verizon 5G commercial 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Was Goodell drunk??
    Maybe a mini stroke like another orange turd

• Options
    Good game and that's all i wanted to see.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    edited February 2020
    Jason P said:
    Porch verified "River Cross" (apparently Siri can figure that out) for a Verizon 5G commercial 
    There's already a video of Eddie from Ohana in 2017 singing it. That's how we knew the lyrics "Share the light. Won't hold us down."
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Well, I imagine a lot of ten year old kids around the nation are really happy.  Mahomes gonna be the new Peyton of ads.  
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    cutz said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Was Goodell drunk??

O.M.F.G. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    That's fake, right?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    tbergs said:
    That's fake, right?
    Nope.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Overall a good superbowl.  Kind of a non-eventful game until the 4th, but it was always close.  Really happy for Andy Reid.  Happy for the AFL/Dallas Texans/Chiefs.  

Loved the NFL 100 thing at the pregame with all the greats.   
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    Richard Sherman fucking sucks.
    yea but he's such a lovable guy (insert sarcasm font emoji here)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjhawks said:
    Richard Sherman fucking sucks.
    yea but he's such a lovable guy (insert sarcasm font emoji here)
    :lol:
  • Options
    cutz said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Was Goodell drunk??

Sweet baby Jesus that is his "potatoe" moment...
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Congrats Bid Red. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Sherman had the busted coverage that led to the big play that let KC back in the game.  Erin Andrews should have interviewed him on his thoughts after the game.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    I think the safety blew the first big play?  Sherman certainly blew a couple.  They just had to make some first downs when the chips were on the table, and they didn't.  Hats off to the Chefs.  So many times where I thought they had a sack only to see Mahommes get out of there. 

Still, fuck on that shitbird Badger.  Still makes me nuts the way he talked smack on every player in the first half after plays where he didn't do shit...and then he dodged the fullback headed to the end zone on that dive.

He actually was sorta like a young Richie Sherm.  Good player, overrated, never shut the f up.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I think the safety blew the first big play?  Sherman certainly blew a couple.  They just had to make some first downs when the chips were on the table, and they didn't.  Hats off to the Chefs.  So many times where I thought they had a sack only to see Mahommes get out of there. 

Still, fuck on that shitbird Badger.  Still makes me nuts the way he talked smack on every player in the first half after plays where he didn't do shit...and then he dodged the fullback headed to the end zone on that dive.

He actually was sorta like a young Richie Sherm.  Good player, overrated, never shut the f up.
    I noticed that and couldn't believe he didn't take a shot at the guy. i mean he was basically just across the goal line but you have to nail him there, especially in a Super Bowl.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    pjhawks said:

I noticed that and couldn't believe he didn't take a shot at the guy. i mean he was basically just across the goal line but you have to nail him there, especially in a Super Bowl.

And if you were to rewind that drive you can see that he was involved in a bunch of plays, and none of them were great plays by him, where he talked big time shit to the players.
    He gets the last laugh, to be sure, but he is also a dickhead.  A rich dickhead, but it all sugars out in the end. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

Sherman looked gassed in the 4th.

And Jimmy G had a passer rating over 100 thru 3 quarters.

His 4th quarter rating: 2.8. Wow.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    Poncier said:

Sherman looked gassed in the 4th.

And Jimmy G had a passer rating over 100 thru 3 quarters.

His 4th quarter rating: 2.8. Wow.

Sherman missed at least one big tackle that I remember in that quarter.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    edited February 2020
    Well crap, I was going to play a video with a celebration, but can't get a compatible file format.  FAIL

Post edited by Glorified KC on
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    Why didn't the 49ers go for it at the end of the 1sr half? They had the time outs and time. Go for the field goal at least
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    Im happy for Richard Christy from the Stern show...….Roadkill Pie for all the Christy's

His wife is an Eagles fan.... pretty sweet last 3 years
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Why didn't the 49ers go for it at the end of the 1sr half? They had the time outs and time. Go for the field goal at least

I think we got our answer in the 4th, when the game was in Jimmy G's hands.

I'm more curious why SF got away from the run when they were up 20-10.

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    edited February 2020
    igotid88 said:

I think we got our answer in the 4th, when the game was in Jimmy G's hands.

I'm more curious why SF got away from the run when they were up 20-10.

SB 51....ATL could have taken 3 knees and kicked a FG to go up 2 scores, boy genius decided not to run

The 4th QTR/OT of that game plus SB 54 4th quarter numbers don't lie...

I will say both of those games, PATS had a bunch of no call penalties to help climb back.....so did KC, that offsides on the DL was so terrible...Vinovich being there a year removed not such a good look
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    edited February 2020
    I thought Shanahan and Saleh had tremendous game plans on both sides of the ball.  I'll be honest, after Pat's 2nd pick, I thought to myself "maybe this just isn't our night." San Fran had the game exactly where they wanted it, and Shanahan deserves a lot of credit for that.  At the end of the day, this wasn't an issue of coaching, it was an issue of execution.  I felt like this just wasn't in the cards, because the 49ers are better on both sides of the ball than the Texans and Titans.  However, the difference between the QBs was glaring, because there are not many individuals in today's game or in NFL history that could have bounced back from arguably their worst performance as a pro (the 49er defense had a lot to do with that) and kept thinking about the next play.  The crap that Shanahan is getting is unwarranted in my opinion and if Graroppolo hits Emanuel Sanders on that post route, they could have done just enough to hold off Mahomes.  The difference was the QB and it was a big one.  I have now seen everything as a Chiefs fan, and if there is more incredible things to come, holy shit...I just may have to start believing in a higher being again.
    Post edited by Glorified KC on
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Preach, dude. I had money on the 49ers leading at the half. That Kittle OPI was a bummer, but Shanahan giving up even trying to score following it was infuriating. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com