Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    edited January 2020
    2020 will be the year of the "Endeavor for Trevor", wonder how many teams will participate.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,296
    Colts are (way) better off with Jacoby than Super Sperm Rivers.

I like the home teams except Seattle as well but hope that TN and Hou can pull off the upsets.  Perhaps Green Bay will blow up and leave the Niners/Vikings winner a bye into the SB?  :lol: 
    Baltimore and KC will be a real fun championship game if they both win this week.

The NFC is so wide open. I wouldn't be shocked to see both road teams win. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Does anyone really want Tua on their team as a QB?

I can't picture him lasting all that long in the NFL.
    He's definitely worth taking a flyer on.  Joe Borrow is very deserving to be the #1 overall for several reasons, but Tua is the most polished and NFL-ready passer.  If I were the Redskins, I would draft this kid despite having drafted Haskins last year in the first round.  You can't get a franchise moving toward being a SB contender if you don't have the QB.  I don't believe Haskins is that and the Redskins will be trying to "build" around him, which is something that will never come to fruition.

THIS would be the most Redskins thing to do in drafting Tua.  They get him and he gets hurt year after year, sounds about right.

My point is Tua is fragile.  The bigger badder NFL is going to make Wentz look like a tough guy.

Oh and about Wentz, does he have some seriously bad joujou going on with him or what?
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

He's definitely worth taking a flyer on.  Joe Borrow is very deserving to be the #1 overall for several reasons, but Tua is the most polished and NFL-ready passer.  If I were the Redskins, I would draft this kid despite having drafted Haskins last year in the first round.  You can't get a franchise moving toward being a SB contender if you don't have the QB.  I don't believe Haskins is that and the Redskins will be trying to "build" around him, which is something that will never come to fruition.

THIS would be the most Redskins thing to do in drafting Tua.  They get him and he gets hurt year after year, sounds about right.

My point is Tua is fragile.  The bigger badder NFL is going to make Wentz look like a tough guy.

Oh and about Wentz, does he have some seriously bad joujou going on with him or what?
    Or Tua is a stud and is able to stay healthy.  I think it's worth taking a shot, because Haskins is a backup QB in the NFL at best.  If they miss on Tua, you get another high draft pick next year to take a swing at a QB.  They'll probably take Chase Young, who is a generational talent at his position, but not having it right at the QB position will make his performance in the NFL moot.

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Haskins started a handful of games with an interim coach and a complete garbage team....a little early to call him a backup QB at best.  Always such a rush to label QBs busts in the NFL...gotta give a guy at least a couple years starting before you really know.  Skins have to take Chase Young...cannot pass up a dominant edge rusher like that.
  • Options
    Haskins started a handful of games with an interim coach and a complete garbage team....a little early to call him a backup QB at best.  Always such a rush to label QBs busts in the NFL...gotta give a guy at least a couple years starting before you really know.  Skins have to take Chase Young...cannot pass up a dominant edge rusher like that.
    I'll go down on record saying he's a bust.  For all of my friends who are Redskins fans, I hope I'm wrong.

• Options

Or Tua is a stud and is able to stay healthy.  I think it's worth taking a shot, because Haskins is a backup QB in the NFL at best.  If they miss on Tua, you get another high draft pick next year to take a swing at a QB.  They'll probably take Chase Young, who is a generational talent at his position, but not having it right at the QB position will make his performance in the NFL moot.

You got it right when you said "not having it right at QB".  Drafting Tua with an early first round pick would not be having it right.  People are loving him but he has only gotten hurt the last two years.
  • Options

You got it right when you said "not having it right at QB".  Drafting Tua with an early first round pick would not be having it right.  People are loving him but he has only gotten hurt the last two years.
    I could argue drafting Dennis Haskins is also not getting it right.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798

I would argue fucking up his name is not getting it right.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Oh lord, I must have Saved by the Bell on the brain.  Yes, drafting Mr. Belding off of Saved by the Bell is DEFINITELY A MISTAKE!  So is Dwayne Haskins.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:

Oh lord, I must have Saved by the Bell on the brain.  Yes, drafting Mr. Belding off of Saved by the Bell is DEFINITELY A MISTAKE!  So is Dwayne Haskins.

lol, I won't disagree with Haskins.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    mickeyrat said:

This made me realize, no QB will ever be successful with the first name of Dennis or Dwayne. Bank on it!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

He will be drafted in the top half of first round barring some crazy bad news about his recovery.
    Dude is an animal throwing the ball and sees the field.  
    His running can be scaled back and he will still tear it up.
    I think the league is moving toward the QB being a done player by 30, same as they did with RBs.
    Think we will see shorter shelf lives for the position.

Will be interested to see how he does.  I'm a fan, much as I hate loving a Bama QB
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    ikiT said:
    ikiT said:
    I'm glad I didn't put $$ on those games.  I don't know shit about football.

Yeah, I feel you -- glad I didn't bet as well!
    I went 50/50...  Lost first 2, won 2nd 2.

Really thought the Bills would pull it off and you can't bet against Brady at home.  If Edelman and a few others don't drop their passes it would have ended differently.

It's time for both NE and Saints to move on from their QB and take a page out of the Giant's notebook.
    The 4-12 New York Football Giants?  Sounds incredible.  
    Well they did have 5 wins and 3 wins before that and then they had that magical 11 win season and then 6, then 6 again then 7 wins, so yeah.  Eli is 38.  Needs to go.  The Giants as an organization right now needs a lot of help too though.

Surely you see that Eli needed to go?
    eli is mad old, and corny.  he needed to go 3 years ago. 
    I would suggest that NE and NO do nothing the same way the NY Giants have.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mickeyrat said:

This made me realize, no QB will ever be successful with the first name of Dennis or Dwayne. Bank on it!
    Until Danny is gone, no QB will ever be successful with the Washington Football Team.  He kryptonite against W's yo.

They been Preseason Champions since 1994.
  • Options
    SF
    BAL
    HOU
    GB
  • Options

He will be drafted in the top half of first round barring some crazy bad news about his recovery.
    Dude is an animal throwing the ball and sees the field.  
    His running can be scaled back and he will still tear it up.
    I think the league is moving toward the QB being a done player by 30, same as they did with RBs.
    Think we will see shorter shelf lives for the position.

Will be interested to see how he does.  I'm a fan, much as I hate loving a Bama QB
    Only elite QB's will be starting past their 30's.  The NFL has changed the rules too so players like Eli, Breeze, Brady and the like have a longer shelf life.

If Tua doesn't learn to slide then his career won't be very long in the NFL.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,476
    Haskins started a handful of games with an interim coach and a complete garbage team....a little early to call him a backup QB at best.  Always such a rush to label QBs busts in the NFL...gotta give a guy at least a couple years starting before you really know.  

correct on haskins. that said, my gut says he’ll never be great.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    mickeyrat said:

If he was throwing to AC Slater and Kelly Kapowski was cheerleading he'd be a superstar!
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,161
    im going

Seattle
    Minnesota
    Baltimore
    KC
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

If he was throwing to AC Slater and Kelly Kapowski was cheerleading he'd be a superstar!

• Options
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

That is neither Kelly nor AC...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

I will not post Showgirls pool scene

• Options
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

That is neither Kelly nor AC...
    True, but this is the clip I think of the most when the topic of SBTB comes up.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    CROJAM95 said:
    im going

Seattle
    Minnesota
    Baltimore
    KC
    I'm on board with this. Baltimore destroys whoever is left if someone doesn't find a way to stop Jackson.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    I'm going chalk: GB, SF, KC, BAL
  • Options
    I'm going chalk: GB, SF, KC, BAL
    Image result for chalk chris mullin
  • Options

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    :rofl:
    Even @Wobbie has to laugh at that one. 
  • Options

Fat guy in a little coat!