Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,738
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Does anyone really want Tua on their team as a QB?

I can't picture him lasting all that long in the NFL.
    He's definitely worth taking a flyer on.  Joe Borrow is very deserving to be the #1 overall for several reasons, but Tua is the most polished and NFL-ready passer.  If I were the Redskins, I would draft this kid despite having drafted Haskins last year in the first round.  You can't get a franchise moving toward being a SB contender if you don't have the QB.  I don't believe Haskins is that and the Redskins will be trying to "build" around him, which is something that will never come to fruition.

THIS would be the most Redskins thing to do in drafting Tua.  They get him and he gets hurt year after year, sounds about right.

My point is Tua is fragile.  The bigger badder NFL is going to make Wentz look like a tough guy.

Oh and about Wentz, does he have some seriously bad joujou going on with him or what?
    Or Tua is a stud and is able to stay healthy.  I think it's worth taking a shot, because Haskins is a backup QB in the NFL at best.  If they miss on Tua, you get another high draft pick next year to take a swing at a QB.  They'll probably take Chase Young, who is a generational talent at his position, but not having it right at the QB position will make his performance in the NFL moot.

You got it right when you said "not having it right at QB".  Drafting Tua with an early first round pick would not be having it right.  People are loving him but he has only gotten hurt the last two years.
    I could argue drafting Dennis Haskins is also not getting it right.

I would argue fucking up his name is not getting it right.
    Oh lord, I must have Saved by the Bell on the brain.  Yes, drafting Mr. Belding off of Saved by the Bell is DEFINITELY A MISTAKE!  So is Dwayne Haskins.

If he was throwing to AC Slater and Kelly Kapowski was cheerleading he'd be a superstar!

I will not post Showgirls pool scene

I'm not familiar with that scene.  I never watched it over and over when it was on HBO back in the day.  Never!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,140
    McCarthy doesn't know shit about shit.....every Packers fuckin coach has had winning records

Matt Rhule an interesting hire, big $$$
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

He's definitely worth taking a flyer on.  Joe Borrow is very deserving to be the #1 overall for several reasons, but Tua is the most polished and NFL-ready passer.  If I were the Redskins, I would draft this kid despite having drafted Haskins last year in the first round.  You can't get a franchise moving toward being a SB contender if you don't have the QB.  I don't believe Haskins is that and the Redskins will be trying to "build" around him, which is something that will never come to fruition.

THIS would be the most Redskins thing to do in drafting Tua.  They get him and he gets hurt year after year, sounds about right.

My point is Tua is fragile.  The bigger badder NFL is going to make Wentz look like a tough guy.

Oh and about Wentz, does he have some seriously bad joujou going on with him or what?
    Or Tua is a stud and is able to stay healthy.  I think it's worth taking a shot, because Haskins is a backup QB in the NFL at best.  If they miss on Tua, you get another high draft pick next year to take a swing at a QB.  They'll probably take Chase Young, who is a generational talent at his position, but not having it right at the QB position will make his performance in the NFL moot.

You got it right when you said "not having it right at QB".  Drafting Tua with an early first round pick would not be having it right.  People are loving him but he has only gotten hurt the last two years.

Oh lord, I must have Saved by the Bell on the brain.  Yes, drafting Mr. Belding off of Saved by the Bell is DEFINITELY A MISTAKE!  So is Dwayne Haskins.

If he was throwing to AC Slater and Kelly Kapowski was cheerleading he'd be a superstar!

I'm not familiar with that scene.  I never watched it over and over when it was on HBO back in the day.  Never!

Exactly!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

Exactly!
    I love the fact this turned from Tua to Dwayne Haskins to Saved by the Bell to Showgirls. 

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

Exactly!
    I love the fact this turned from Tua to Dwayne Haskins to Saved by the Bell to Showgirls. 

Exactly why I visit on a daily basis. 
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:

Exactly!

Exactly why I visit on a daily basis. 
    Let's talk about "leather".

Bonus points if you name the song!!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

YOU sir, fucking rock!!!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007

He will be drafted in the top half of first round barring some crazy bad news about his recovery.
    Dude is an animal throwing the ball and sees the field.  
    His running can be scaled back and he will still tear it up.
    I think the league is moving toward the QB being a done player by 30, same as they did with RBs.
    Think we will see shorter shelf lives for the position.

Will be interested to see how he does.  I'm a fan, much as I hate loving a Bama QB
    Only elite QB's will be starting past their 30's.  The NFL has changed the rules too so players like Eli, Breeze, Brady and the like have a longer shelf life.

If Tua doesn't learn to slide then his career won't be very long in the NFL.
    Tommy took a few pops there coming down the stretch.  
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ikiT said:

He will be drafted in the top half of first round barring some crazy bad news about his recovery.
    Dude is an animal throwing the ball and sees the field.  
    His running can be scaled back and he will still tear it up.
    I think the league is moving toward the QB being a done player by 30, same as they did with RBs.
    Think we will see shorter shelf lives for the position.

Will be interested to see how he does.  I'm a fan, much as I hate loving a Bama QB
    Only elite QB's will be starting past their 30's.  The NFL has changed the rules too so players like Eli, Breeze, Brady and the like have a longer shelf life.

If Tua doesn't learn to slide then his career won't be very long in the NFL.
    Tommy took a few pops there coming down the stretch.  
    The rules have made it easier for them to compete but doesn't completely protect them, come now...

Brady is one of the best QB's when he has time and one of the worst when he doesn't.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    About what I expected for Sf vs MN.  MN just not good enough.
    Go Pack Go, don't want to play Russel Magic Man Wilson again 
  • Options
    The 49er defense was dominant.  Does having Dee Ford back make that big of a difference?
  • Options
    Ford and Kwon Alexander and Tartt.
    A starting player that was missing at each level.
    DL, LB, Safety.

Also, they got linemen back on O.

Good to have that bye week
  • Options
    That is a championship defense that took the field today.  I can’t see them losing to Seattle or Green Bay in the NFC Championship game.
  • Options
    Fuck the Cravens.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,354
    Go Titans. Only for today though. Fuck the Ravens
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I loved the Titans moneyline all week and pussied out at the last minute. Damn. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    My mind is blown.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Well, we have been saved at least one 10 minute Ray Lewis / Ravens montage piece in the next several weeks.  Strike down and stab thee who hast seen a Ray Lewis Ravens SB pregame show.  The lord has blessed us all.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    Wow, Titans dominate. Looking like a favorite to advance all the way at this point. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Crazy to think the winner of KC vs HOU will host the AFC Championship game.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418

• Options
    tbergs said:
    Wow, Titans dominate. Looking like a favorite to advance all the way at this point. 
    They’ll beat the walrus. Given the chance.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I hope they are given the chance.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    I hope they are given the chance.
    Odds are good as Mahomes is gimpy given that 4th and 1 pick up against Denver. In the 2nd quarter. Plus, it’s the walrus. Against a Patriot, if tomorrow pans out.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    That is a championship defense that took the field today.  I can’t see them losing to Seattle or Green Bay in the NFC Championship game.
    Cousins is a statue.  Mobile QBs are needed against Niners d when healthy
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Jason P said:
    Well, we have been saved at least one 10 minute Ray Lewis / Ravens montage piece in the next several weeks.  Strike down and stab thee who hast seen a Ray Lewis Ravens SB pregame show.  The lord has blessed us all.
    thank christ.

still a-lot of ex Patriots out there to deal with.  I wouldn't sleep on Mikey Vrabel.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Ok to sleep on Fat Matt.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,140
    Jimmy G needs to step up, that pick was back qb worthy

they cant hide him like they did yesterday moving forward..

Derrick Henry should exceed Gurlys Contract this off-season, that’s a scary motherfucker hitting the holes

Tannehill back to Miami in the SB? Pretty cool story there, Vrabel turning into really good coach

• Options
    He played fine, that d made Brees look crappy.