Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    6 of the 10 All Time Passing leaders are active, only 3 are active hOF and one is going to be in soon so that is your top 10.

Takenton, Fouts and Montana are all in the top 20 and the best of the best that will be erased from history soon which is a shame.

Back to Largent.  He had 100 TD's when he retired in 89.  Since then 9 more people have either tied or have eclipsed him.  Antonio Brown is the ONLY active player w any kind of shot at getting up there but that will be tough since he is sitting on 75.

Rice's record will be the other record that might never be broken.  197 TD's...  He almost doubled Largent's then record, lol.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    igotid88 said:
    Peyton will be 3rd in passing TD after Sunday
    And he'll be close to 10th in a few years. These stats are meaningless in the NFL
    If a QB has a decent line he can throw for 5k a year for a few years then trickle down t 4k so yes I agree.

I remember when Largent retired he had a few records and all were broken in like 2 years.

Farve had a record for what, not even a year?

The one record that will be tough to get at will be most yards by a RB.  The longevity just isn't there anymore.
    Too many rb's by committee anymore too.

Igot may have a point about the td record. I thought guys were closer than I thought. That top four is gonna be tough to break into but I think a lot of guys will get into Marino territory before long. Same deal with yards.

NFL all time stats are so fucking skewed though. Almost all guys in the top ten of most stats played just within the last twenty years.
    Yes, with rule changes and added games, players like OJ, Ghost and Brown are all but forgotten unless there is an NFL special about them.

Hell, who remembers Largent anymore?

The only reason people remember Dick Butkus is for the name and they all forget about how bad of a dude he really was when he played.

I'll look at the leaders, I need a laugh.
    Emmit, Walter, a current Bills player and Barry top 4.....

lol, when I think GREAT, Frank Gore doesn't come to mind, is that why you didn't name him?
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    LA Ram Eric Dickerson was all of that.  with giant shoulder pads and those glasses.

Largent?  What about ZORN?
    Zorn?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    mickeyrat said:
    If Sanders doesn't retire out of the blue and plays as long as Smith and Gore, he eclipses 20,000 yards easily.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    If Sanders doesn't retire out of the blue and plays as long as Smith and Gore, he eclipses 20,000 yards easily.
    Rumor was he did that so Payton could pass on and still be the #1 rusher.

Another reason why Sanders was the best, well besides Jim Brown...
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited December 2019
    Back to Largent.  He had 100 TD's when he retired in 89.  Since then 9 more people have either tied or have eclipsed him.  Antonio Brown is the ONLY active player w any kind of shot at getting up there but that will be tough since he is sitting on 75.

No, it’ll be tough for Brown to reach 100 TDs because he’s more likely to be in a mental-institution than on an NFL team at this point. Or jail. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options

No, it’ll be tough for Brown to reach 100 TDs because he’s more likely to be in a mental-institution than on an NFL team at this point. Or jail. 
    hahahaha!!!!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    brees > brady.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    6>1
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    brees > brady.
    What is in that weed u smoke?
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Poncier said:
    6>1
    word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,431
    igotid88 said:
    And he'll be close to 10th in a few years. These stats are meaningless in the NFL
    If a QB has a decent line he can throw for 5k a year for a few years then trickle down t 4k so yes I agree.

I remember when Largent retired he had a few records and all were broken in like 2 years.

The one record that will be tough to get at will be most yards by a RB.  The longevity just isn't there anymore.

Igot may have a point about the td record. I thought guys were closer than I thought. That top four is gonna be tough to break into but I think a lot of guys will get into Marino territory before long. Same deal with yards.

NFL all time stats are so fucking skewed though. Almost all guys in the top ten of most stats played just within the last twenty years.
    And that's what makes what Marino did in the era he played in amazing. Imagine if he played in today's game?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:

And that's what makes what Marino did in the era he played in amazing. Imagine if he played in today's game?
    He would average over 40 td's and 5,000 yards a year. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    Poncier said:
    6>1

would have been 5>2 if the saints hadn't been hosed and pats got the JV squad.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:

Put Tarkenton in that convo, Elway, Fouts and Montana and let's see some numbers.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:

Put Tarkenton in that convo, Elway, Fouts and Montana and let's see some numbers.
    YOU put Tarkenton in that convo, Elway, Fouts and Montana and let's see some numbers.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    6>1

okay boomer
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    6>1

A play here or a play there and the Patriots could be anywhere from 8-1 to 1-8 in their nine (Brady/Belichick-led) Super Bowls. Their only Super Bowl where one team was in control the entire time was SB39 against the Eagles. Every other game could have gone either way. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    6>1

A play here or a play there and the Patriots could be anywhere from 8-1 to 1-8 in their nine (Brady/Belichick-led) Super Bowls. Their only Super Bowl where one team was in control the entire time was SB39 against the Eagles. Every other game could have gone either way. 
    It was? Dude, the Eagles covered. That game easily could've gone the other way had the Eagles made better adjustments and not turned the ball over a few times:

1234Total
    NE0771024
    PHI077721

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    6>1

It was? Dude, the Eagles covered. That game easily could've gone the other way had the Eagles made better adjustments and not turned the ball over a few times:

1234Total
    NE0771024
    PHI077721

Oh I know all about them covering with that garbage TD with under two minutes to go that blew my bet. Yeah saying the Pats were in control the whole time might not be accurate. It just wasn't as close as the final score indicates. It also was the only Brady Super Bowl to not play out like a sports movie game besides last year's game. Played out like any old regular season game. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    6>1

1234Total
    NE0771024
    PHI077721

Oh I know all about them covering with that garbage TD with under two minutes to go that blew my bet. Yeah saying the Pats were in control the whole time might not be accurate. It just wasn't as close as the final score indicates. It also was the only Brady Super Bowl to not play out like a sports movie game besides last year's game. Played out like any old regular season game. 
    Yeah it was. Just not quite the nail biter as others with a last second field goal but the score was pretty indicative of how close the game was. I mean...tied at halftime and tied going into the fourth. That's a pretty tight game.

It was pretty damn nerve-racking for this guy, I'll tell you that much!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Wobbie said:
    brees > brady.
    Top 20 QB’s>Brees

Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    6>1

Would be 6>0 without Bountygate
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    This 100 players list is lame

Anyone that puts Steve Largent over TO is a fool

This article shares that view.
    ProFootballTalk : Terrell Owens omitted from all-time team
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    edited December 2019

I would put him in over Marvin Harrison as well.  He benefitted greatly from Peyton Manning.  I think the best QB Owens got to play with was Steve Young who was at the end of his career.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

It’s not that foolish. If you adjust the stats for era, Owens isn’t that much better. Then throw in that Owens had better QBs, Largent never wore gloves, and Owens left teams worse off than when he arrived (only 1.5 years on the Eagles and 3 years on the Cowboys when he could have been great for many years with either team), and it’s not that crazy to put Largent on over him. 

That said, I do think Owens should have been on it. I just wouldn't remove Largent for him. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,629
    Being old enough to have watched Largent (guessing you are as well) it is more laughable to me
     Largent was good, TO was a freak.
    Straight unstoppable at times.

I also don't think the eras were all that different but I can just use my eyes having watched them both.  If Seattle had TO they would have thrown more.  Zorn's stats sure would have been better.

And ...yes, TO was better than Marvin as well, imo.  

Also a nutter, but the fact that he has issues has nothing to do with how great a player he was.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yeah I don't disagree with any of that. If the aliens come and challenge us to round up our best 53 guys for an intergalactic football game for supreme control of the universe, I'm taking Owens over Largent at WR. He's more likely to stiff-arm some alien scum to the ground and pick up the first down for sure.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Aaaaaaaand the Patriots cover the second half line.....for the TEN BILLIONTH TIME!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Some of the activities planned include throwing snowballs at Santa, running into stationary objects and chugging Campbell’s Chunky Soup straight from the can.

https://apple.news/AJ2CxKl0dQWe36B11_uYEhg
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©