The National Football League

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    First home loss when Brady and Edelman were playing together.  42-1
    I guess Edelman wasn't active in 2017, when the Chiefs took it to them that night.
    Was that the game @Wobbie declared that the Brady/Belichick era was over? Or was that after the 2014 game?

@Wobbie ?

I don’t remember.....but, some day, I’ll be right.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Poncier said:

Please, it was a TV show about the job of an advanced scout being taped with permission from the Browns. It wasn't football ops people and the memory cards were confiscated because the Bungles got upset since they host the Pats next week. Do you really think if the Pats were going to tape an opponent they'd choose the Bengals?

Like clockwork there it is
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

Please, it was a TV show about the job of an advanced scout being taped with permission from the Browns. It wasn't football ops people and the memory cards were confiscated because the Bungles got upset since they host the Pats next week. Do you really think if the Pats were going to tape an opponent they'd choose the Bengals?

so wait, why do the bengals give a shit about the browns being taped or recording happening in the browns press box?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

so wait, why do the bengals give a shit about the browns being taped or recording happening in the browns press box?
    Because apparently, the "crew" filmed nothing but the Bengals sideline the entire 1st quarter.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The balls on these scumbags.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Did the Astros hire anyone from the patriots?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited December 2019
    MayDay10 said:
    Cant wait to see this riveting documentary about a documentary of the scout.

Nobody post spoilers about when he submits his reimbursements 
    Hahaha. A Ken Burns production "The Scout"
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

Because apparently, the "crew" filmed nothing but the Bengals sideline the entire 1st quarter.

they are using the Trump timeline of excuses now too
    step 1 - it didn't happen - fake news
    step 2 - well it happened but it was just by mistake
    so what's next?  it's a conspiracy against the franchise? deep state is against the pats?

suspend bellicheck and kraft now. cheaters gonna cheat.

I think its:

Didnt happen
    We werent aware/bad and rogue employees
    We did it but do not get any sort of advantage from it
    We did it, got an advantage, but everyone does it
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

ok. so this occured during browns/bengals. is it normal for any kind of scout to be at a game in this way? I mean what do they add that isnt gleaned from normal game film?

and why in the fuck would the browns agree to this?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • MayDay10 said:
    Cant wait to see this riveting documentary about a documentary of the scout
    Yeah really. And why would they be filming at a Bengals/Brown game? So their own scout was there to check out the Bengals for the next week's game, and the film crew was filming the scout?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

ok. so this occured during browns/bengals. is it normal for any kind of scout to be at a game in this way? I mean what do they add that isnt gleaned from normal game film?

Its normal for an advanced scout to attend the game of one of your next 2 upcoming opponents. He can be in the press box and take notes. He can't film.
    The guy filming was supposed to be shooting a documentary style piece of the job of the advanced scout, if he filmed the field, its a violation. He was an employee/independent contractor of Kraft productions who does weekly TV show "Patriots All Access" plus some web content. He wasn't with the Pats football operations.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

Its normal for an advanced scout to attend the game of one of your next 2 upcoming opponents. He can be in the press box and take notes. He can't film.
    The guy filming was supposed to be shooting a documentary style piece of the job of the advanced scout, if he filmed the field, its a violation. He was an employee/independent contractor of Kraft productions who does weekly TV show "Patriots All Access" plus some web content. He wasn't with the Pats football operations.
    ok. seems to me the Bengals should have been asked for permission too.
    and some could argue working for the owner of the team independently as it related to an employee of the team, in fact makes it a team thing.....

• mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

and some could argue working for the owner of the team independently as it related to an employee of the team, in fact makes it a team thing.....

I doubt anything like this goes on without Belichick knowing about it. 

Another point I saw someone make on Twitter was that when the Patriots were investigated for spying in 2007, it was learned that Patriots cameramen were instructed by the team to say they were filming for a show if they were every caught filming sidelines...which is their story this time around. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

Another point I saw someone make on Twitter was that when the Patriots were investigated for spying in 2007, it was learned that Patriots cameramen were instructed by the team to say they were filming for a show if they were every caught filming sidelines...which is their story this time around. 
    You really think Belichick approves the content of a web based video series for Patriots.com?
    That's what the "Do your job" thing is.

And for the other point...if its on Twitter, it must be true.
    This is to the letter how the previous reports on spygate said they operate in case of discovery

They have zero credibility.  

And apparently the "film crew" asked the NFL if they could just delete the tape and they all can 'move on' (its on the video).  
    I guess the "film crew" was just "doing their jobs"
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

You really think Belichick approves the content of a web based video series for Patriots.com?

No I think he approves people spying on opponents' sidelines. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • lol, after being ruled out of Sunday's game with the flu, Le'veon Bell spent Saturday night bowling. He also hasn't cracked 80 yards rushing in a game yet this year. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    lol, after being ruled out of Sunday's game with the flu, Le'veon Bell spent Saturday night bowling. He also hasn't cracked 80 yards rushing in a game yet this year. 
    Bastard cost me the semifinals in my fantasy playoffs when I had to bench his ass in favor of Sony 1.9 points Michel
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

spin spin. there is reportedly 8 straight minutes of the sideline being taped.  but nah the Pats aren't cheating...again...doing the same thing they've been caught doing before in the same manner using the same excuse.  nah it's all good,  
  • Poncier said:
    lol, after being ruled out of Sunday's game with the flu, Le'veon Bell spent Saturday night bowling. He also hasn't cracked 80 yards rushing in a game yet this year. 
    Bastard cost me the semifinals in my fantasy playoffs when I had to bench his ass in favor of Sony 1.9 points Michel
    That blows, but that's what he does to people (besides subjecting them to god-awful rap songs). I was one of the dumbasses that drafted him last year and he didn't play a single down. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

spin spin. there is reportedly 8 straight minutes of the sideline being taped.
    We'll see.
    Remember a source told Chris Mortensen 11 of 12 footballs were grossly underinflated the night of Deflategate and that info turned out to be completely inaccurate. So we'll see what the league has to say and if the source that gave that info to Dehner is reliable.
    Nowadays when plays are called through the speakers in helmets not sure what advantage you get from watching the opponents sidelines.
    MayDay10 said:
    I think its:

Didnt happen
    We werent aware/bad and rogue employees
    We did it but do not get any sort of advantage from it
    We did it, got an advantage, but everyone does it
    wow!

Quick progression into Step 3 already

Everyone does it should be out within an hour or so,
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Poncier said:
    That blows, but that's what he does to people (besides subjecting them to god-awful rap songs). I was one of the dumbasses that drafted him last year and he didn't play a single down. 
    Same here. Benched Bell, but was no way putting in that disgrace of a draft pick Michel so I picked up Snell hoping for a waiver wire miracle. Fell flat and I'm out of the playoffs just like that.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

We'll see.
    Remember a source told Chris Mortensen 11 of 12 footballs were grossly underinflated the night of Deflategate and that info turned out to be completely inaccurate. So we'll see what the league has to say and if the source that gave that info to Dehner is reliable.
    Nowadays when plays are called through the speakers in helmets not sure what advantage you get from watching the opponents sidelines.
    I'm not sure either. But what do we know? I'm sure the most successful football coach of all-time could come up with something. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    MayDay10 said:
    I think NFL referees are outstanding.

There are games that there are a number of close calls and they get a ton of focus... but this day and age where there are 30 close up camera angles and several million people emotionally watching with vested financial or fandom interests on the line. Players are also larger and faster/more efficient than ever.   Everything is analyzed to the microfiber.  The rules and format of the game has gotten so cumbersome, and it changes often (even mid-season).  

As a Bills fan, my team gets screwed by a missed holding call or pass interference.  I boo, get upset, then shortly move on.  Most of the time though, fans and media dont/cant let go... then we get additional layers added (for example the recent pass interference challenge nonsense).  It evens out over time.

We saw when they had the replacement referees how badly it could really be.  Those refs tore the fabric of the game when we saw what bad officiating really looks like.  By the end, they were losing control of nearly every game, players were fighting, game administration was breaking down, etc.  Real referees got back and it was night and day

They are not.  I see 2 or 3 calls in real time that are missed.

The instant replay for pass interference either must be abandoned or overhauled. 
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    Denver KC looks like some ssshhhisty ass weather.  How was I lucky enough to get this CBS game?
    edited December 2019
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

We'll see.
    I want a sensor that measures inflation, ball temperature, and ball tackiness installed in all balls used in the NFL.  All those numbers, the PSI, the temp, should be on the screen just like the clock.  

How hard or soft are those balls in play? 
    I want to know.  You should be forced to know.
    You're welcome.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    ikiT said:
    Poncier said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Poncier said:
    mickeyrat said:
    MayDay10 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

We'll see.
    I want a sensor that measures inflation, ball temperature, and ball tackiness installed in all balls used in the NFL.  All those numbers, the PSI, the temp, should be on the screen just like the clock.  

How hard or soft are those balls in play? 
    I want to know.  You should be forced to know.
    You're welcome.
    Bill's team could give the NFL some tips on how to do that.